JFK Medical Center Employee Reviews

good working environment
Nutritionist Assistant/Host (Former Employee) –  EdisoAugust 5, 2016
co-workers were really outgoing and managers were very helpful. Everyday at work did not feel like it was work at all. thats how easy and fast pace the job was
Hard working place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 21, 2016
I had to do a lot of work even I was just a volunteer. This medical center keeps busy since a worker has to be attentive as they are responsible for taking care of patients.
Micro Managed
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 30, 2016
This company pays well and has great benefits but the employee turnover is high and management is constantly changing. We are not getting our hours in and are having to seek employment part time else where...
Jfk Medical
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLOctober 8, 2016
Great place to grow and gain opportunity. There are many people to meet and so much can be learned from the patients and staff.
Great People
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLFebruary 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing some of the patience get better.

The hardest part of the job is when we are disorganized.

My co-workers are very nice people sometimes we car-pooled.

Management did a great job because it is not easy they did their best.

I have learned new methods of doing thing while on the job such as folding towels into swans.
Fun workplace
Communicaions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLMay 20, 2016
I've learned a lot in this position and have met some awesome people. Every day is a different day and I love working there
Pros
Free lunches and giveaways
Cons
Works 6 days a week
Fun and rewarding workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day is lounging in the volunteer office and waiting for orders to come through by phone. The orders are for wheelchair services around the hospital for patients.
From volunteering, I learned that people from all walks of life come together for a common purpose and are generally really friendly, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. The management was really lassez-faire for the most part, but that was because some of the volunteers have been there for years and know how to handle operations and guide new volunteers.
At first, the hardest part was determining how to navigate the hospital, but as time went on, I realized that finding work to accomplish is harder when it is a slow day.
Pros
Free meals for every 4 hour shift
Cons
Can be very slow
High volume, caring hospital
DAPARTMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Good place to work, very fast paced, great job security and benefits. The day to day was ok, it became very redundant due to the amount of work to be done on a daily basis. I learned alot about patient care and compassionate thinking for others. I saw alot of pain and suffering but also there was a tremendous amount of healing.
Pros
Cafeteria, on site gym
Fair work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 5, 2016
Good upper management. Lower mangement in some departments need to improve. Not enoughh of lower mangement is willing to go to bat for their employees.
Pros
Location/climate
Cons
Pay is sub-par especially since it's very busy for most of the year
greatly understaffed when accuracy is utmostly important
Head of Narcotics (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 1, 2015
Intense, extremely busy, overextended, understaffed
management not well suited
Best part co-workers
learned to try to accomplish more than is humanly for one individual
most enjoyable is achieving satisfaction for the co-worker (inter-departmental or within the pharmacy dept) who is having a problem and getting it resolved acccurately and promptly
Cons
short lunch breaks and inflexibilty of adminstrative staff
great, supportive colleagues
Registered Nurse, staff (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 23, 2016
friendly co-workers. Difficulty balancing work schedule and schooling necessary for advancement.
Fast-paced - enjoy colleagues. Versatile patient load - makes for great learning opportunities
Efficient Workplace
Nurse Unit Secretary /Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 12, 2016
JFK is a great hospital to work at. The employees there are great and know how to take care of patients. If you are looking for a job JFK is a great decision.
Interesting work, constantly active
Grounds and Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 19, 2015
My experience at JFK Medical Center helped me to begin to get a general sense of a work environment dealing with a variety of tasks on a daily basis, ranging from pulling weeds to assisting in repairs. The time I spent at JFK during the vocational program was very informative.
Pros
Fun and unique coworkers
Cons
low wages, feeling shut out by senior workers
Engaging and rewarding patient interactions.
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Friendly, caring, nurturing environment which the patient came first and foremost at an employee level. Immediate management was supportive and gave great feedback in improving performance. The amount of patients coming in and out guaranteed that each day would be a unique experience.
Pros
Every day was different, discounted meals and rewarding patient interactions.
Cons
No benefits, no pay increase and limited staff.
Very educational to me
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 22, 2015
I have learned so much from JFK medical Center and its employees
Being able to work with different cultures and assisting patients has really been so educational form me.
This being because I have never held a paying job since graduating from high school.
I has showed me how helping others is a very rewarding feeling.
Poor management from top to bottom
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLNovember 29, 2015
fast pace, lack of administrative skill. Cost is bottom line. Poor management support. Nursing staff from Island countries with poor working skills and knowledge. Would never recommend working there.
Cons
All talk no staff support, cost is bottom line
Rewarding
Patient Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Working as a patient advocate at the hospital was rewarding. It was a great experience being able to help others. I looked forward to coming in to work everyday.
Good experience
PHYSICIAN LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 27, 2015
Was able to assist physicians, nursing staff, doctors offices, patients, and their family members in a positive matter and to assist with their needs
Pros
Working with the Physicians
Cons
management
Fun to work with lots of nurses and surgeons. Lots to learn with. I was a Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 8, 2015
Its great place to work, controlled temperature, allergen free clean rooms, lots of people interaction, get to meet surgeons and nurses
Pros
Free lunches at times, temperature controlled working environment
Cons
understaffed mostly, fast paced and stressful at times
follow-up Billing Representative
Follow-up Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLAugust 16, 2015
Maintained designated accounts for appropriate payment per third party regulations, provided information to complete claim processing. problem solved bill related issues with Medicare and other third party payer;s
Pros
Satisfying to complete claim process with Insurance companies.
Cons
Job was only for a few months, finance was closing out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JFK Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.