JFK Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and nice workplace. I learned a lot from the Staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant at ACE (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 2, 2013
Very busy most of the time.
I learned a lot.
My co-workers were fine.
The hardest part of my job was when I used to handle 23 pts by myself.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
short hands most of the time.
Very productive and enjoyed working in this company.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 12, 2013
I worked the graveyard shift and do performs all the laboratory test as well as quality control & preventive maintenance as needed. I've learned to become as independent as I am and how to multitasked & be able to handle stressful situation with grace, temperament and productivity. I always provides quality work in a timely manner so that the hospital can provide the proper care for the patients. Had the best buddy (co-worker) we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is when the analyzer is down i need to troubleshoot & multitasked at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is i enjoyed what i do because i love my job.
Great staff and supportive co-workers
Director of Case Management & Social Services (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 23, 2013
Small community hospital serving an underprivileged population. Supportive medical staff. Very engaged staff of case managers & social workers. I have learned a great deal about the unique California healthcare laws & regulations.
Pros
supportive team environment
Cons
corporate micromanagement
Question turn over in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 31, 2014
Nice staff to work with, however, seems like a high turn over in management staff for unknown reasons.
Gained valuable experience while working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 16, 2012
I began my nursing career with DRMC in the Emergency Department, which provided me with invaluable critical care experience. I honed my critical thinking skills as well as my ability to stay calm under high stress/trauma situations. I transferred to another Tenet Hospital, JFK Memorial, where I gained experience in the PACU/OR before transferring to the radiology department, which was my true passion. I worked as a nurse in the interventional radiology/cardiac cath lab for a little over three years, and again, gained invaluable experience in management, both client and employees, inventory control, ordering supplies and working with outside vendors to ensure we were using the most up to date equipment and supplies in our cath lab. Towards the end of my tenure here, I assumed many of my supervisors responsibilities, which put undue stress on me, as I was also working as the only RN in the department, but was also working as a clinical instructor for the college. One of the highlights of my career here was implementing a PICC program hospital wide, which saved our patients undue pain and suffering from mulitiple IV starts, but also saved the hospital money by cutting out the cost of having to use mulitiple IV kits on patients. The lines were started in the ER when the patient was admitted, depending on diagnosis and length of stay and then maintained during their hospital stay.
Pros
gained invaluable knowledge of multiple modalities in the hospital, was able to attend many conferences and inservies which enhanced my nursing career.
Cons
during a time of incredible stress, the hospital terminated me instead of offering me assistance with my issues.
Surgical Tech, SPD Tech (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 2, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Worked here as a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 29, 2013
I only worked here as a student, but I received a wealth of knowledge from the Respiratory Therapist that worked here. It was very busy, but I liked it because I got experience in all areas of the field.
Pros
very busy
Cons
very busy
Had a great experience.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 19, 2014
Was very busy and always something new for me to learn. Never had a problem.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes i had to stay 1 or 2 hours late
Great work experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 7, 2013
Medication administration as prescribed, patient care, medication administration via the E-MAR computer system and documentation.
Pros
great work place
Cons
short breaks