PRODUCTION DBA, POSTGRESQL
Venice Beach, California, United States
In the past twelve months, JibJab’s talented engineering team has built products that have served laughs to over 100 million people around the world. Our ‘Starring You’ product that allows users to put themselves, family and friends into JibJab videos and pictures is the biggest personalized media product on the web. Since we launched it, users have created over 100 million pieces of content that have been viewed over 750 million times.
Now, we’re also trying to bring that delight to the next generation through our new StoryBots initiative. Our mission is to make learning fun for kids and easy for parents. Since the Web continues to be the best way to bring enriching experiences that reach the most people, it’s no surprise that we consider StoryBots.com such an important part of this initiative. We’ve got a lot done already, but we’re just getting started, and we have a lot of big plans still in store.
We’re going to need help, and this where you come in.
What you’ll be doing:
Production Technology Operations - PostgreSQL DBA
- The right candidate will have skills to design the PostgreSQL databases for 24x7 high availability production e-commerce services, review the SQLs for performance tuning and deploy an optimum data protection approach.
- Lead the maintenance of Production PostgreSQL Database in a clustered highly available architecture.
- Architect PostgreSQL DB infrastructure to scale for high growth e-commerce applications hosted in traditional datacenters and Amazon Web Services.
- Develop and enhance scripts to automate and execute various DBA tasks.
- Assess the DB performance and lead the effort to patch, upgrade and/or tune the DB for optimum performance.
- Patch, Upgrade and keep the PostgreSQL DBs current.
- Review SQLs and DB transactions developed by software engineers and assist in improving the efficiency of the code for best possible DB performance.
- Assist engineering team in the design of appropriate DB Schema and indexing strategy for performance and scalability.
- Design and implement disaster recovery for the PostgreSQL Database
- Strong knowledge of data normalization and data relationships.
- SQL and RDBMs with some exposure to NoSQL DBs
- Schema design using any industry standard data modeling tool such as Toad, ERWin, ER/Studio etc.
- PostgreSQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment
- DB Patching and Upgrade skills in production environment (PostgreSQL 9.x preferred)
- Mastery of one or more of: SQL, Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby or other scripting language.
- Understanding of Virtualization, SAN and Clustered environments
- Experience in PostgreSQL streaming replication and pgpool failover
- Prior MySQL or Oracle DB experience is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Knowledge of Solaris a plus
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
- B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 5+ Years as a DBA
- 3+ years of experience in a production DB support role
Direct candidates only. No third parties.
Indeed - 9 months ago
JibJab is a digital media company dedicated to making funny things worth sharing. We’ve been pioneering online...