Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

okay for students
Service Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, healthcare
Cons: may not get as many hours as you were promised, turn over rate, unstable management, pay
Pay isn't all that good and there's no commission. Bonus plans change all the time and in the dallas market, goals are set ridiculously high so it's hard to get a good bonus now. Turn over rate is pretty high and management has changed a lot. The company is more about what you did for them yesterday instead of what you can do for them in the future.
fun automotive
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: learn basic automotive maintenance
Cons: low pay low respect, & bad rep
Typical employee type job,low hours,low pay, zero customer respect towards techs management is a joke and no advancement
Hard working environment and yet neat and tidy
Courtesy Technician/ Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, IllinoisJuly 2, 2015
Pros: An hour break
Cons: n/a
* Rough but i managed to get through it everyday
* I learned how to properly maintenance the inside of a vehicle and also learned how to change the oil and transmission pans at the bottom of each vehicle
* Management was awesome kinda wish i can work for them again
* kinda mean but i knew that it came from stress pertaining to the work environment
* working at the bottom of each vehicle that drove into the facility
* the hour break that they provided us with
Ups and downs, good days and bad days, but a place to pick up basic skills.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Saturdays were usually pizza days, learning basic mechanical skills and people skills.
Cons: Healthcare and sometimes moody customers.
Typical day was sometimes unpredictable. Helped me learn a few tricks on efficiency which can be good. Depending on which store you were at the management was different, worked at three stores and all were different but they worked for that store. Co-workers was a mix of good and bad mostly had good so there wasn't too much to stress about people causing issues and meeting a bunch of people with the same likes and dislikes as you so you can feel at home sometimes. Hardest part was when something a machine or a car breaks down and it ties things up. Enjoyable part was that store managers actually acknowledge their employees and there can be some fun times that make the days less stressful.
One of the best experiences I've ever had.
Customer Service Tech/Adviser (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: Comfortable environment, great learning experience.
I would walk into work and everyone would be cheerful and happy. It was like a big family environment. The guys I worked with were all awesome. We would knock out 60 vehicles a day with various services from transmission fluid changes, tire rotations, brakes, tune ups, oil changes and preventative maintenance services. The hardest part of the job is when we would have a fleet diesel service and the fuel system didn't want to prime properly. I loved going into work every day with all my co-workers, we all became friends. Every Thursday after work we would all go get diner together.
Awesome
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 28, 2015
Working at this place was my first job the mangers were very nice and welcoming. This was great experienced I learned a lot of things about cars even though I dont work on my own car if it came to it I would know what to check before paying hundreds of dollars for someone else to fix my car
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Homer Glen, ILJune 27, 2015
A typical day working at Jiffy lube is hard to explain since you never know how the day will go. By this I mean you can be every busy or slow, or what types of services we may do.
High employee productivity, low job satisfaction
Service Advisor, Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Hour-long lunches, learning valuable skills
Cons: Hostile management, working conditions.
A typical day at work involves working on at least 30 cars and speaking with their owners involving the state of their vehicle. It's a good place to work when you want to learn about working on cars or about customer service.

Management above the store level was frequently hostile and unapologetic in regards to working conditions, often imposing frivolous and unusual rules. For example, despite the fact that temperatures can reach approximately 40 degrees with high winds, beanies are prohibited. Little to no effort is ever made to make employees comfortable or happy, resulting in a high turnover rate.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with middle-upper management who care very little about your well-being.

The best part of the job is the satisfied customer. Most people are grateful to have access to somebody with the expertise they need.
Energetic,fun close working environment
Lube Tech (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 24, 2015
A typical day of work getting the cars in making the customer happy and getting them in and out,as a team member we get the job done. There was nothing hard about the job and the customers are the most enjoyable.
Not exactly one of the best places to work
Courtesy and Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Auburn, INJune 24, 2015
The typical day at work was either there was nothing to do or things were moving extremely fast. One days with nothing to do, we would sit around. That was boring. On days where there was nothing but work, it generally moved extremely fast and there was almost no time to get the assigned task done. The managers were very strict on nothing.
Great place with a focus on getting the job done right.
Technician (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Consistent growth, employee discounts
Cons: varied length breaks, heat
Typically work would be quite busy with a steady flow of cars that kept even the most seasoned veteran on his toes. While getting the job done right is the priority here, as it should be, speed with service takes a close second. I learned new automotive tests and procedures from the friendly manager team. The same management team encouraged growth from all team members and never disrespected an employee, even when mistakes were made. My co-workers were friendly and informative and never said no to any of my questions. The hardest part of the job is when there are no cars and we have to hold the sign to advertise and the most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a 20 car rush.
great job
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Wexford, PAJune 23, 2015
good job but not a career type company they dont pay all that well and the hours are terrible mostly worked about 11 hours a day but management and workers were nice
Great work environment
Lower bay Technician (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 22, 2015
Fast pace work really had great time working there learn a lot new skills while being there. Had great time co-workers and learn how to manage my time during working hours
Jiffy Lube
Sales associate (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 21, 2015
this company is actually heartland automotive and does not like to give their employees raises at all. They constantly change managers and do not treat their employees well
Intriguing and comfortable place to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 18, 2015
I am proud to say I worked at Jiffy Lube. There, you were a family who supported each other and assisted with whatever you needed. I was always happy to learn something new about cars. It is a great work environment as well as a wonderful place to learn.
Managed Store Day to Day Operations
MANAGER (Former Employee), ColoradoJune 18, 2015
Good company to work for. Lot's of great training. Was responsible for all operations at store. Inventory, Hiring, Scheduling, and Ordering. Any customer issues's were handled by me as well.
Nice place to work
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAJune 18, 2015
Got along with my co-workers loved the job learned how to change oil and fluids in vehicles ,learned customer service . On a daily basis we did at least 60 cars a day.
I WAS THE OWNER
ASE certifited Customer Service Advicer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 15, 2015
I OWNED THIS COMPANY FOR A LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS IT WAS JUST MY EX AND I THAT RAN IT. WE DID CLASSIC CAR RESTORATION. I LEARNED WHO TO MANAGER MONEY, AND CUSTOMERS, AND TIME, AND THE PROPER WAY TO ORDER AND WORK WITH A TIME FRAME
Productive and full of improvement
Preventative maintenance technician (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Team, work load
Cons: no breaks, extended forced lunch.
Great shop, awesome team. Consistent flow of work so skills are always being tested and improved. Over all a great place to work and learn.
A fast paced work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: For having the use of the shop when my personal vehicle needed repair.
Cons: short breaks, and going weeks without a day off.
A typical day at jiffy lube would start off at 7:30 am. I would be there early to open up the shop, brew coffee, start up the compressor, and tidy up anything left from the crew before. I then would build a schedule of lunches and breaks. At 8 i would open up the bay doors, and make sure that everyone who was scheduled was there, and if someone had called in i would then call in a replacement for them. Everyone who was employed usually had previous experience in the field and if not i would set some time aside for training. Then next would be time to run the first set of breaks. once those were completed i would call a team huddle and address anything that needed to be addressed. Next would be time to run lunch breaks. At around 1 I would check the tidy board ( the assigned tasks given daily to each employee like sweeping the floor and cleaning the bathrooms etc) and make sure those were being taken care of. Then would be to run the 2nd round of breaks, and check the tidy board before my shift ended. What i enjoyed the most out of my job, was when a customer would thank me for the quality of work my crew and i had done with their vehicle, for hitting the estimated time given, and the reasonable price i had given them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jiffy Lube

A leading provider of oil changes, Jiffy Lube doesn't expect to see its customers every day -- but about every three months or – Read more

Jiffy Lube Salaries