Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Found 1,388 reviews matching the search
Lube Tech
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 26, 2017
Not particularly pleasant, but a good place to learn basic skills while looking for somewhere that might value them. The training is good quality, on the rare occasions that someone pays attention, and the training requirements are actually followed.
Fantastic Work Setting
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 26, 2017
This is a fun job. It's dirty, and grimy, The guests are usually happy and excited to see you. Servicing vehicles can have its downfalls, too. Pay attention to detail, or that guest won't be so happy next time you see them.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Unpaid Lunch
lube
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAApril 25, 2017
Wasn't there for long but from the time that i was there .. everyone was fairly nice and gave me great pointers on customer service ... some werent so friendly
It was a good experience just bad pay
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 25, 2017
Finish oil change in under 8 minutes
Greet customers with a smile
Tire rotations
Car maintenance
Service flush
vacuum inside vehicle
And clean windows
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
Inspected vehicles and inform customers on needed services. Drain oils and check standards of quality on customer vehicles. Top off all needed fluids and run test to insure that vehicles are operating properly after each service
Pros
enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
low wages
Fun to work until you reach a higher position
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
Working for the company has been fun, but I feel that it is time for me too move on to what I went to school for. I will miss working for this company
Fun
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2017
Working at jiffy lube was a good experience some days were good some were slow jiffy lube is great place to get your car worked on . We provide good customer service
Productive fast paste job, learning basics of the car
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at jiffy lube! I learned a lot about car oils. How to change my own car oil ext.
Helping with customer service, in person and over the phone.
Pros
Hour lunches, free oil changes
Good job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2017
This was a good place to work. Management sometimes has unrealistic expectations of performance goals, but overall a solid employer. Would recommend applying there.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, employee discounts
Cons
not a great work/life balance
Jiffy lube is a joke, no real management and no organization
Lube tech (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 20, 2017
Would never go back unless absolutely in need of a paycheck. Feel like they scam customers to get them to an average ticket of roughly $66 per customer out the door. Sales are pressured and the customers are aware of it.
Pros
Cons
Working with low level educated high school kids
fast paced, but good crew
Coutesy/Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDApril 20, 2017
Fun place to work. coworkers made it a good place to work at. management was cool and fair. pay could have been better, but did have commission that could really add up.
Jiffy Lube - Technician
Assistant Manager, Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2017
Busy schedules - always required to upsell products.
Worked with a great team and managed to bring the UW location as one of the top grossing locations in Washington.
Fun and a good starting job
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 19, 2017
Jiffy lube was my 1st official job. And it was always fun and always a learning experience. The job was mostly mellow would be busy only on weekends at our store. Management was always decided by seniority and sometimes management would leave the store to go home. Only annoying part
Pros
They work with your schedule as best as they can. Always can learn something new
Cons
It's always your word against the customer and the customer is always right.
Jiffy Lube
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLApril 17, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. It was great interacting with the customers and the employees are all hard working individuals. Everyone got along which was an excellent vibe.
Worst place I have ever worked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2017
This place was very difficult to work. I worked here to get myself through college, and I saw some terrible things. Managers were stealing from the till, customers, and doing drugs on the clock. They promote all of the young people eager to prove themselves, so they can sit in office and do god knows what. The managers would leave me with one or two employees for hours. They would come back drunk and high. They constantly encouraged me to lie to customers to get more money.

The general managers were just as bad. Their management is filled with people who have limited education. They all started from the bottom, but their skill sets were never developed to what they needed to be for that level of management. This filtered its way down to all of the employees.

The employees are constantly fighting with each other. Overall this was a terrible place to work. The things that I have witnessed have made it, so I would never bring my car here for any service.
Pros
Helped pay the bills to get me through school
Cons
Everything else
it was just another job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2017
it was fairly simple and very repetitive
pull a car in
do a report on conditions
check and fill tires
check and fill fluids
get oil and add it
start the car
do a quality inspection
pull the car out
repeat
Pros
provided enough for me to live
Cons
boring
good work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAApril 13, 2017
i enjoyed every moment working at jiffylube. it didnt pay as well as it should even at management. but learning new things and fast moving work this is a great work area and i loved it.
Good entry level job.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The training is pretty good and hands on learning and computer based learning. Can go into even if you don't know much about cars to stat with, willing to train and teach. Typical day was busy and fast passed job and requires team work. Not the best if you need to work 40 hours a week. Was full time worker but usually only saw 20 hours or less a week. Also hard to work for during winter months as you have to freeze and can not wear that was not provided, but they did not provide for winter so you freeze a lot.
Pros
teamwork, cars and learning.
Cons
job security/ hours, unaccommodating to weather
Very Fun and an learning experience
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCApril 12, 2017
Everyday I worked I enjoyed. I learned how to change oil the correct way and replace the filters. Our manager was very outgoing and was more than willing to teach us things we did not know. The hardest part of the job was really remembering how the procedures should have been completed. With that being said, the most enjoyable part of the day is when we get a car in and out in less the 5 minutes.
Ok place
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAApril 12, 2017
This place is okay to work for half hour lunches not paid can work on your own vehicle but very rarely. Don't know if you get discounts on oil never bought any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8