Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Not to good twards the end
Lube and part mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I was doing 115 hour every two weeks for about 2 months. Great paychecks. But after a while I learned pretty much everything there was to learn so I started to work in the back with the mechanic. The new manager didn't like that I knew more than him and it became a very hostile environment. So I gave my two weeks and left
Great group of guys
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 19, 2018
The company has a great management team that aims to get they're employees promoted and making money, the knowledge that you gain can last a life time.
Pros
Great experiences, bonus
Cons
Working out side in the heat, and cold
Not good at all
Safety insptor. an E/M tech (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 19, 2018
was there because they needed some one, an cleaning the restrooms, Not to work for a company that hires kids to be in charge, management was a joke, listing to people just put customers down. leaving when work was down,
It was a job that keeps you moving
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2018
It was fast paced worked with some good people and some smart guys driven and willing to help it was a fun job at times and just stressful at others just ok
Beautiful experience to be a manager
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 18, 2018
A typical day at work wasn't typical at all it was busy from open to close....dealing with employees and the public , has been a learning experience in itself
Pros
learning to be a manager in this capacity
Cons
staff not being paid well which created staff from coming to work
Always busy
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 17, 2018
Always had business, was never worried about sitting around bored. I liked the staff, worked with alot of my friends. Pretty easy tasks, having been an auto student at the time.
Pretty Fun Job
LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2018
I only was able to be at jiffy lube for a short time because I had to persue full time employment but it was a blast to work there especially if you enjoy hands on and a relaxed but professional environment
Pros
steady work load good environment
Cons
mostly part time work
lazy managers
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I would show up, ready to work, and I would have to wait 15-30 mins. for a manager to get there to open up shop late. then I wouldn't get my hours adjusted for the time I was on time waiting for the idiots to open up
Pros
Cons
plenty, stay away
Productive environment majority of time.
Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
This is a good job for guys that want to work with vehicles. Young guys also will be given the opportunity to excel in this work environment. Team work makes the dream work.
Decent place to get oil changed. Not a good place to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dixon ilFebruary 13, 2018
Overall my expirence here hasn't been too bad. The management here is terrible. The store manager at jiffy lube in dixon is a registered offender and spent 20+ years in prison and somehow has a job where he has access to thousands of names addresses and phone numbers. He is a complete jerk to all of his employees and a lot of the customers as well. He is only nice to the "good looking" women that come through here. The job itself is easy but you are way underpaid for what they expect out of you. A walmart door greater makes more money than a jiffy lube employee.
Pros
Very flexible hours.
Cons
Jerk for a boss, terrible pay, and they don't pay attention to labor laws
easy to stay busy
Change oil, air filters, head (Current Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PA 19608February 12, 2018
Cars come through all the time to keep you busy. When there are no cars there are plenty of things to do around the shop to keep you busy. Management is pretty easy on the employees most of the time.
Productive and always on the move, making it a place to keep you occupied as time flies.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Yes, like any workplace, you start at the bottom and progress. I started washing windows and vacuuming floors. As time went on, I managed to work my way up to a hood tech, lower bay tech then a customer service advisor.
Pros
Always occupied, there were some times with no customers and we wouls break accordingly
Cons
Forced breaks, not great pay
It's a great entry level Car Technician job
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2018
This Job gave me experience and an entry to working on cars. I truly do like this place but the work environment was just too hostile towards me. This is a good job for me to get a start off of
Productive work place to learn many automotive skillls and meet great customers.
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  114 TX-332, Lake Jackson, TX 77566February 10, 2018
Jiffy lube is a great place to get your oils checked, tires, all your fluids and fittings, and the service comes at a very decent affordable price that benefits the customer.
Pros
Free car check ups.
Cons
Always slammed.
Fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 9, 2018
Fun job, have to be into mechanical work to really enjoy. seems harder to get envolved wirh employees. most i worked with were trouble makers. but good for learning.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Stressful. uncomfortable around some employees.
Owners don't care about you
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  96th street IndyFebruary 8, 2018
Drove a hour to work. Very rude and disrespectful.Treated as a dummy and refused to play a person's worth. Slow to get you certificates you earned and the raises.
Fast paced, loud and has different layouts at every location.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAFebruary 7, 2018
My time there was fun, stressful, chaotic, and unorganized. Everyones experience is based on how you go about your days. Theres multiple times where one car can hold you up while another car is faster then expected. All in all its very team oriented without your co workers its very hard to complete the vehicles.
The people you work with can help make or break how positive the experience at the job can be.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLFebruary 7, 2018
The best thing and worst thing about this job are the people you work alongside. When you are working with like minded hard working individuals that come to work with a good attitude it makes the job fun and easy to do.
Pros
Timely compensation
Cons
Little to no opportunity for advancement, false promises
Fast paced at times can also be laid back
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Overall Jiffy Lube isn't a bad place to work at. It is difficult to advance if you aren't one of the people dealing with customers and even then it is still difficult because the manager and assistant cannot advance either. Starting pay is only 11 dollars an hour and other places that require less physical work have a higher starting pay. Not a bad starting job if fresh from highschool and interested in working on cars. The hours are long when you work full time and that somewhat compensates for the 11 dollar an hour to start.
Pros
Opportunity to receive bonus
Cons
Short breaks, pay rate
Do NOT work there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 6, 2018
They always hire General managers outside the company instead of promoting people who actually know how to run a shop or work on cars. They don't like to give raises either.
Pros
You die slowly
Cons
You die slowly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.