Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Good managment, however the rest of the company is disorganized.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 31, 2015
In my typical day I preformed oil changes, and helped train new team members how to preform what are called "ancillary" services. These include transmission flushes, radiator flushes, replacing lights, and air filters. Although I did not learn much at jiffy lube, I did learn how to use all different types of A/C, coolant, transmission, and differential machines. On a store level the management was great, they were understanding, easy to work with, and did their job at the same time. The hardest part about the job was training new employees because in order to ensure every vehicle leaves safely and in proper running condition, each employee needs to be trained correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply working on cars. The fact that I could get up and go do something that I am passionate about and be paid for it brings me more enjoyment than anything else.
Pros
Easy to work for, bonuses
Cons
Disorganised corperate office, missing money on paychecks, short brakes, employees below district manager severely disrespected
fun
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 31, 2015
jiffy-lube it was grate to work because I can work on car and help the people that need the help good place to work I had good friends ate jiffy lube was a good place to work but they changed the Crowe know it still a good place to work but I had fun at jiffy-lube
good
Cons
good helth care
Customer service skills
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert< AZAugust 30, 2015
Greeting customers, reviewing their vehicles needs, and recommendations. I get everything done in a timely efficient manner. I have learned customer service skills , and how to work under pressure. I have also learned how to manage a crew. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people.
Productive and Fun Enviroment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 30, 2015
I enjoy what I do, I love being around cars and people. Everyone is very helpful when you have questions. I feel comfortable with my surroundings, with such a great staff. I have learned the different kinds of oil and what car takes what oil and why they need that specific oil. I have also learned all sorts bout cars and why they function that I didn't know, being in the mechanic world for 24 years of my life.
Pros
Busy and great attitudes
Cons
Sometimes slow on somedays
Great Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2015
For starting off in this type of work this was not a bad company to work for at all. I gained a lot of experience that I will take with me for other employers. The culture was good I met a lot of friends
ASSISTANT MANAGER
Assistant Manager and Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 25, 2015
GREAT TEAM WORK. MANAGEMENT CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES. CHALLENGING WORK ENVIRONMENT IN A MANAGEMENT SETTING. ENCOURAGING DAILY STORE SALES AND WEEKLY SPECIALS KEPT MORAL POSITIVE THROUGHOUT LOCATION. ENSURING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND ENSURING QUALITY WORK ON THEIR VEHICLES.
Never again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2015
I will never work for this company again. Not only did they constantly have an excuse why I wasn't getting my bonus, they also repeatedly scheduled me to work on days and times that I had requested off to handle children issues.
For most a decent place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2015
I would start my day by opening the store and verify money for start of day, check budgeted sales for day.Then I would assign work positions and duties to employees. I learned a great about car preventive maintaince . The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with customers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the heat of the day.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
dealing with weather
Jiffy Lube
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 20, 2015
Perform draining and refilling specific quantity of oil into crankcase
Check, inspect, and maintain the suspension
Check vehicle fluids levels and replace filtration units
Perform state inspections on vehicles
Test tire pressure and fill air if required
Document unusual conditions and report to supervisor
Cash customers out
Operate vehicles in a safe and productive manner
Insure cleanliness and maintain of customers vehicles
ok job
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  lake worthAugust 19, 2015
starting off in this job slightly young to sales and management experience. I caught on well and did a superb job. to manage the shop and sell automotive services.
A good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 18, 2015
This job is great for the person who loves working with cars. I on the other hand wasn't very good with them, but great with the customers.
Good for part time workers!
Supervisor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington/DelawareAugust 16, 2015
Every week I had a different schedule and no one else did. I did learn important things about cars and how they work. I had a very poor management crew. Doing evryones job because I didn't have enough members on the clock. Going home!
Pros
I liked helping people with problems
Cons
Did more work then I got payed for
Quick and effecient
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 16, 2015
Jiffy Lube gave me great opprotunities and education along with great and motivational leaders. They keep up their continual training it has to be done once a year and they will send you to classes to make sure that their employee's are knowledgeable about their products and services. It was my priveledge to be a part of a great company.
Pros
Friendly, Professional
Cons
HOT IN TEXAS to be working unnder a HOTTER HOOD!
loved learning new things in the automotive field
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 14, 2015
fun loved working with cars and learning new ideas to use a product or to perform service meet a lot of new friends hated leaving work covered in oil or soaked it trans fluid
Pros
loved working with cars
Cons
hated the pressure
good working enviroment
Lower Bay/Upper Bay (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 13, 2015
I run the lower bay, stock oil products. Management was a little iffy. We went several managers in the time I was there.Very hard work during Saturdays and holidays.
Pros
Free oil changes every 6 months
Cons
Cold during winters
Taught alot
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2015
Worked for this company for four years and have nothing but nice things to say about them. The company itself provides quality oil changes at lightening speed times. The work place taught me alot of values and life lessons. Learned a great deal about cars.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Pay and strict time rules
productive
Customer Service Advisor/ Lube Tech (Current Employee) –  californiaAugust 10, 2015
busy and hardly stagnant

overall great management but varies by location

Learned how to tell the age of tires with year stamped on them

the basics in changing brakes, belts, etc
Pros
learning car maintenance and saving money
Cons
no scheduled breaks, less hours with low car count
Not that bad
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOAugust 10, 2015
It's not a bad place to work. I only worked there for a month, cause I wasn't getting a lot of hours, maybe 20 hours a week. It's a fun environment and management isn't bad
productive, not very well maintained.
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 8, 2015
the people where the best. co workers where lazy and not good to work with. I never had a set schedule. a lot of things where said but never happened. always short staffed. there was stealing and lying.
not bad
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJAugust 7, 2015
dont like the saturday hours, it was a very busy work place, i like my co workers. I learn alot about cars, cleaning the cars is annoying