Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Found 1,579 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 5, 2017
it was a good place to work when i needed a break- they took me in, trained me and gave me great hours and pay. then started to cut hours and moved me around from store to store
great place to learn details about car maintenance
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2017
the average day of work is practically good as far as performing work. the job is not hard but it can be complicated and when your manager has very little experience in managing it can become stressful.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 2, 2017
its an ok place for high school person trying to learn about cars. If u wanna move up as a mechanic i suggest going somewhere else. oil changes all day long
Fast Pased
Vehicle Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 2, 2017
Jiffy Lube is a great place to work. even if you have no experience with vehicles they will train you and I liked that about jiffy lube. the management is very patient and is always open for questions and will make sure you learn how to do your job the correct way
Pros
Educational, team working
Cons
N/a
Fun place
Hood Tech (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 1, 2017
It's a good place would love to work there again...it helped me gain more experience and wisdom...learn a lot about cars as well..learned how to work on them fix them myself.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Not enough hours
horrible work place for an african american
Wall Panel specialist, 84 LUMBER (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 1, 2017
a day at jiffy lube is washing windows emptying oil tanks then going all over the place for courtsey to wash windows even if there already clean the company itself offers you nothing
Pros
nothing
Cons
racism
It is a place of emplyment...
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 31, 2017
The actual "work" is not difficult, although they always want you to be "faster". You are underpaid, They don't want to pay any overtime. Must deal with customers everyday. That takes a toll on you.
Cons
Work weekends, unless you request off
not a place you wanna work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAJuly 31, 2017
this is the worst place in the universe to work for they fire you for a no call no show when you was not even on schedule to work discrimination plays a big role there if your not African american you better start looking for a job cause you will not last long there. 3745 atlanta hwy Bogart Ga
Cons
Fast paced place to work
Assistant Manager/Service Advisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2017
Typical day included changing oil on cars and trucks and doing basic service of vehicles. It is a fast paced environment that requires focus on the task at hand.
Not worth it
Jiffy Lube team member (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 31, 2017
Bass horrible with no chance of improvement upper management treats you like a the personal slaves and they expect you to work everyday but if it's not busy they'll just send you home and tell you to stay by your phone because they're going to call you back in so they don't have to pay you
Pros
50% off oil changes
Cons
Every other aspect of the job
A hands on dirty job
Lube technician (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at Jiffy lube would be getting cars in and out as quickly as possible ,I have learn a lot working for this organization stuff in the future can be very helpful for me. I have learn more about different automobile ,improvement in selling and gaining the responsibility to open and close the shop. The hardest part would be the first week of every month just the fact on how busy we are and how we lose one employee so he can do safety & emission inspection .Now the enjoyable part is how we have our laugh from working hard and seeing our customer leave with a smile on there face and coming back.....
Pros
great team work
Cons
the income sucks, the employees should get treated better
busy and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
i learned how to deal with many situations that goes on. how to treat and deal with employees. busy and fun. dealing with bad customers. getting to meet different kind of people every day.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
slow times
Jiffy Lube Review
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 29, 2017
My day would consist of greeting customers, meeting needs and tell them what would be best for their cars. How to change oil, rotate tires was taught to me. The workplace culture was fast paced and competitive. The hardest part of the job was getting under the car, being fast for customers. Seeing the customers satisfaction with the service was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning about cars
Cons
Getting dirty
Great Job
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 28, 2017
I loved the job and my coworkers were awesome. Great way to get certified and acknowledged for auto work. I have absolutely no complaints on working for this company and will love to work there again.
Work
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 28, 2017
Working for Jiffy Lube gave me excellent sales and customer service skills. The pay was good as well as the work life balance. I would recommend employment here.
great workplace
Senior lower bay tech (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJuly 28, 2017
great place to work at when your first starting in the automotive world, the pay is good for the work you do and they give alot of opportunity to advance in the workplace if they see you have the skills
Pros
high chance of advancement
Cons
short breaks
My experience with Jiffy Lube is stars
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 25, 2017
I think that overall its a great company to be employed with. You just have to be willing to work in a fast paced environment. Having excellent customer service is a plus
Fat paced workplace
Lube Tech/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 25, 2017
Working as a lube tech was fun. i had a lot of responsibilities so i always had something to do. my co-workers were lazy people. i would sometimes do 3 cars at a time which i got in trouble multiple times because the cars must have be done within 10 minutes. i did like the challenges but the workplace needed work.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Cons
lazy co-workers
Slow paced business decaying
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2017
I started working in the spring, when the heat left so did most of the customers. My team was pretty fast and safe and we followed procedure, it was only our manager that would spend most of the workday in the office when they are supposed to help "The Floor".
Pros
Plenty of time to clean up and straighten out tools.
Cons
Bad leadership
Not a good company. Very greedy and dont care about employees.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
I have been working for this company for 7 years. I have been pulled around the district and used like a puppet. Taking away incentives like bonuses and then taking away hours. They have made their company into a high turn over rate company and dont Care for their employees. Now they are going broke because of their greed. So much time and money are wasted do to poor management and greed. Never work for this place. It is a dead end job. Not a career.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of the company is bad. No cons here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8