Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews in United States

learned alot
csr, detailer (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 18, 2016
i learned how to work on cars to a certain extant the management was a bit sexist we had a good crew the hardest part of the day was trying to close shop the enjoyable part of the day was getting there planning out the day
N/a
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
Working there was okay to say the least, it was just not my thing. I want to do more in the automotive technician setting, but just adding oil to a vehicle is just half of the oil technician process. I did not like that at all.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great people to work with
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 7, 2015
The supportive management made things easier to get things done, everyone always worked together to make sure nothing was left un done. If I finished my work, I always helped the next man over finish their job even though it was not my responsibility.
Pros
good place to grow
Cons
breaks were too short on long work days.
Good experience
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 23, 2015
This should be considered a rare experience from a Jiffy Lube, but the Jiffy Lube I worked at actually did the job correctly and had plenty of business because it. They were always prepared for the unexpected and I feel that I was treated fairly as far as hours and pay for the amount of experience I had when I started working there. Co workers and manager were decent to work with for the most part. Also paid vacation after a year of work and paid holidays off after 3 months of working here.
Pros
Fun and friendly co workers, days went by fast
Cons
Can get hectic when it gets increasingly busy
Learn to Put on a "Face"
Operations Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 25, 2016
The hardest part of the job is the rude customers that you will deal with. Other than that it is a pretty straight forward job
Pros
45 Minute breaks
Cons
Busy Day = Chance of no break
Advising Customers
Manager, Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 21, 2015
Most car owners want their vehicle to be in top running condition but do not know what services are needed and when they should be done. I enjoy keeping the customer informed of the required services their vehicle needs. Some will have the services performed on their vehicle on the same day while others will come back when they have more time. Keeping the customer informed while giving them the option of when they want the services performed keeps them coming back.
great place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 20, 2015
A typical day was fun. Coworkers were a blast to work with and always there to help if you needed it.management were good they always listened to what you had to say. I learned many things about cars from the mechanics that worked there. keeping clean was the hardest part of that job seeing as oil is messy. having customers who were happy with the service give thanks and working with the coworkers was the best part
Pros
co workers
fast paced good environment
Lead Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I would help build gross sales profit in day to day sales with engaging with customers. Helped with weekly inventories ordering and counting supplies. while handling 7 employees throughout the day.
Monthly productive meetings
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 17, 2015
my job consisted in customer service excellence
its amazing how much i lean in the automotive industry
management meetings and cross training of personal was always available for employees to insure proper training of personal .
inventory was one of the most unique balance at work , process of learning to control budget and cost of goods, including sales and employee schedule managing.
wonderful experience with an amazing team and company
Pros
training and certifications for employees
Cons
health benefits
Common sense is a nonstarter
no comment (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2016
This place is a circus. No one in upper managment seems to know how to train and keep quality employees. If you want to follow blindly and be belittled for having vision, this is your place.
not the worst job
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
Too many managers so its hard to get hours and they will not be the hours you want. Working in a garage so it can be really cold especially in ohio. As long as its not below freezing a bay door must be open which i hated. Whenever theres no car new people will hold signs even if its raining, cold or anything. People there were pretty nice and the managers werent bad.
Pros
learning how to do maintenance on cars.
Cons
not enough hours, low pay, weather
Productive workplace, overall great company to work for.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTNovember 14, 2015
Great environment as soon as you walk in. Every one has a job and gets it done! The most enjoyable part about working at jiffy lube is the coworkers we all get along very well and it is all about team work! helping each other out to get the job done as quickly and neatly as possible.
not worth it
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTFebruary 18, 2016
not a good job it will force relocation poor pay no job security most if not all employees are criminals threats are common DO NOT GET INTO MANAGEMENT
Pros
Cons
Criminal robbery of customers and criminal coworkers
Could use improvement in professionalism
Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 21, 2016
Starting out, the location which I worked was decent, although several duties meant for the manager were delegated to subordinates, resulting in problems with the district manager.
Temporary new management improved the store, as employees typically were able to obtain a full 40 week.
The replacement manager that was brought in usually brought in his own people, that sometimes resulted in a decline in quality. It was rare for me to obtain a full 40 hour work week.
Despite completing all online qualifications and advancing in position, no advancement in pay was forthcoming.
A new assistant manager often behaved in a childish manner toward subordinates, which included horseplay and flicking one's ears while a vehicle was driven into the service bay.
Eventually, I began to fall behind in payments for loans and barely had enough for rent. This resulted in my selection of a new job elsewhere.
Pros
Good introduction into automotive maintenance work.
Cons
Lack of professionalism, no meaningful benifits, virtually no advancement
A focused work environment
Lube Technician/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento,/CAOctober 9, 2015
This job is a very focused and concentrated work environment. Acknowledging customers and maintaining there vehicles. Keeping customers informed of the conditions of their vehicles. My co-workers and I each have our own roles to help maintain a stress free work environment and making sure the daily routines are done. The most enjoyable part of this job role is feeling good knowing your helping keep someones car in good condition and worries free.
Hard to handle but good job.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 20, 2016
They people were very hard to be around. If you were in the hospital they would suspend you, but if you were arrested they didn't even write you up for not showing up.
fun
Assist Manager/Lead CSA (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 4, 2016
If your looking for a entry level prosition where darn near anybody can get hired than this is the place for you. They employ high schoolers with the drive to get into the auto field
Nice place to work
Preparatory worker (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJanuary 5, 2016
Work with the public. Learned to take down customer orders. Great group of people to work with. It was a cold environment due to working in the garage area and customers coming in and out
Pros
Enjoyed working there
Cons
Cold environment
miss this work
District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 9, 2016
I spent my time learning and seeing new places, I had a great time with my employees and I enjoyed teaching, even though I was not a teacher. seeing people grow in their lives in any way was great.
Stable hours.
SERVICE MANAGER JIFFY LUBE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2015
It was a steady work environment, and I was working over 50 hours a week when I was in the management position. There was some problems with the General manager ie: abuse of role and took his role for granted, but other than that it was a fun workplace and and provided good hours and room to grow.
Pros
Steady hours.
Cons
No days off.