Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube Employer Reviews

awesome workplace
Quick Lube Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: everything about this company is a pro
Cons: i can't think of any
really wish I'd never left this companythere's nothing wrong with this company.
Great place to learn new things
Brake technician and lube technician (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILDecember 2, 2014
I learned a lot of automotive staff in this place. They have a good training program. We have great working team that helped each other when needed. It is a good place to start in the automotive field. The hardest part of the job when their is not enough personal to get the job done.
I did one for this job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: i did on efor this job
Cons: i did one for this job
I did one for this job. it was a lot of fun and I also learned a lot as well.
Productive and fun place to work
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 30, 2014
always a very busy day i learned how to to do safety inspection on cars.
Fast paced and laid back
Senior Service technican (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2014
Pros: set hours, discounted oil changes, working in a laid back environment.
Cons: no benefits, no room for advancement, lack of raises.
Would start work between 8-9 a.m. Would greet customer at their vehicle, Guide customer to front lobby doors, and pull vehicle into a bay. Check to make sure all lights were working properly and turn vehicle off. Then we would check the oil level then follow to drain the oil. Then vacuum the interior and wipe down the windows. Fill all the under the hood fluids then go over recommended guidelines for vehicle maintenance with customer. I learned to always give your best effort to each customer and make them feel appreciated. My boss was the best I ever have had. He took great pride in his work. He would joke around but always brought out the best in all of his workers. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get oil out of my regular clothes from it soaking through my work attire. The best part of my job was dealing with all of the customers and giving them a genuine experience, giving them above and beyond service.
Enjoyable and fast paced work place
Automotive Tech (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free conventional oil changes
Management and fellow employees are fun to work with. I have come in not knowing much about vehicles to knowing the basic under hood mechanics. The most enjoyable part is learning something new every day.
horrible place to work
tech (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: management
Stay away from jiffy lube they don't care about there workers or if you have a family. If you don't dedicate you're life to them they don't like you.
Busy, understaffed, stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 21, 2014
After working for jiffy lube for seven years. It was a job that paid the bills and there is room for advancement. If u do not mind working for a company that always forces you to work under staffed, does not care about state and OSHA rules. Jiffy Lube is a business that does not care about there employee's and i would never recommend anyone to work for.
A great place to work:
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free - discounted car maintenance, great incentive pay
Cons: low-end benefits
A typical day at work involved helping associates work with the cars as I searched for people to sell to. In a rush, efforts would be devoted to basic car care and support. As customers were waiting for car maintenance to be performed, I would offer window care services to them and try to up-sell to them. I also fixed the windshields of cars on site.

I learned how to communicate effectively with those around me, both customers and coworkers, and I learned great sales and persuasion techniques also.

The management was great. My supervisor was one of the nicest managers I have ever worked for. He motivated his employees to work hard because he worked hard right along with us.

My coworkers were hard working and hilarious. It was a very fun environment to work in.

The most difficult part of the job was the fact that we worked at one of the slowest stores in the area, so foot traffic was hard to come by. All things considered though, I was one of the top salesmen in the area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn more about sales and improve my skills in that area.
loved my job
Cashier and CSA (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 17, 2014
i worked with some really awesome people. but the best part of this job was that it gave me the opportunity to work with the public and to help educated the customers on their vehicles. i really miss working with the customers
slow
Upper bay tech (Former Employee), pheonix,azNovember 14, 2014
greta co-workers just hours suck and minimum wage for alot of work
Jiffy Lube
Team Leader/Hood Tech/ Lower Bay (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CANovember 13, 2014
Cons: getting sent home early when slow.
-meet and greet customers on a typical day

-management is always on top of thing making sure the goals are met

-co workers are always ready to work.
you will get dirty
store manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VirginiaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no cars, no work
Cons: low pay for the work load
my very first job, umm was stuck in the same position for a long time, but then made my was to manager run the store for a couple year had fun, hired all my friends
Service Manager
Assistant Manager/ Service manager (Current Employee), Crestwood, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: low pay
Sale oil products and other services for vehicles dealing with customer issues filing inventory
Stressfull job; terrible career
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2014
Pros: don't need much experience
Cons: upper management is offensive and degrading
A typical day at work includes spending most of the day trying to achieve quotas that are too high for your unexperienced team to meet. Because of this, you will hear from upper management 4 to 5 times a day threatening your job and degrading you until you improve and make your budgets. Just a bad career path overall.
Productive Workplace
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Forestville, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on saturdays
Cons: management
4-5 j team, about 50-70 cars a day.Its a fast paced environment
Everybody works together. everybody has a set job nothing is really to hard once you learn your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers an competing with your co-workers. Management is horrible at Forestville jiffy lube, they hire the rudest managers that cant talk to customers an employees correct.
lube tech csa
CSA and lube tech (Former Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 9, 2014
drive car in to bay ring in customer and sale oil change blah bla
was good job
As a lube tech and tire servicer
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Savage, MNNovember 6, 2014
open shop, greet customers, work on oil changes on cars that come in for an inspection, check tire pressure, wash car and give customer the best hospitality and experience.
Very poor management
Upper Bay Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee), maineNovember 5, 2014
The manager drinks on the job. They charge people $25.99 to clean their covers over their headlights.
Pilot Program
Lube expert and technician (Current Employee), Glen Carbon, ILNovember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not enough pay
It was a pilot program. Jiffy Lube is a great company, however, the franchise I worked for was Heartland. They are not so great. They didn't treat employees very well. Promised raises, never got them. Promised the world and never got anything.

About Jiffy Lube

A leading provider of oil changes, Jiffy Lube doesn't expect to see its customers every day -- but about every three months or – Read more