Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews in United States

Company doesn't take care of Empolyees well enough
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WashingtonApril 21, 2015
I learned how to work on cars -
my coworkers were the only reason i stayed for so long.
I worked there for two years and was promised at least 2-3 raises and only saw one which i should have gotten in the first 3 months and got it after a year and a half.
Pros
I learned about my own car and got discounts on services
Cons
Company management
good, not great
Technician (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 21, 2015
Compensation is ridiculous. They offer fast food wages for very specialized and labor intensive work. The workplace environment is the best I've ever experienced, but I couldn't overlook how grossly underpaid I was.
Pros
Workplace environment
Cons
Compensation
Great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVMay 16, 2016
fun place to work day to day
I learned how to better manage personel
the management team was a pleasure to work with
co-workers were amazing
I put in a lot of extra time that limited my time at home
I loved the daily hustle and customer interaction
Pros
awesome atmosphere to work
Cons
not enough upward avancement possibility for me
learning more about cars and discussing cars with customers & co-workers
Lead Brake Technician (Current Employee) –  westminster, los angeles, CA.April 30, 2015
There is a different vehicle to work on everyday, fast paced, almost everyday I learn something new, management is very knowledgeable in vehicle maintenance schedules, co-workers are very customer oriented and enjoy taking about cars, I believe there is no hard part of my job after all "IT IS WHAT IT IS", the most enjoyable part is learning more about cars and seeing what manufacturers can come up with next
Pros
co-workers & one hour lunches
Cons
Advancements, transfering to different stores frequently
Productive and bad Management
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2015
The co workers were nice and very helpful. The management was not good all all. There was just bad management. It was not enjoyable working for this company.
a very challenging and hard working job
lube techician very fast pace (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasSeptember 17, 2015
there was not much fun at work i would always try my hardest at work to get my job done but felt as if i was not appreciated for my hard work and dedication its a good place to work at but allot could be done to improve the shop
Pros
hour lunches and helpful empoyes
Cons
low pay, bad management, not enough credit to work some harsh working conditions
A great career opportunity
LUBE TECH/ CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2016
Jiffy Lube is a good workplace with friendly & helpful staff, dedicated work is recognized and rewarded with advancement within the company. I would return to this company if given the opportunity.
Pros
ASE training, decent pay, helpful staff
Cons
no health benefits
I Fell I am a Hard working and interactive person.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 19, 2016
I like to communicate and interact with people. I also like to learn and teach people of something I have knowledge about or if they have knowledge about. most enjoyable would be getting to know your co-workers and working with them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Decent place to work if you dont want to make much money
Operations Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 16, 2014
This is a very fun place to work if you enjoy working on cars. However, I worked there for 14 months as a top performing employee without consideration of a raise. I was being prepared to be a floor manager, and eventually took over ALL of the duties of the floor manager without the actual promotion. My manager was rude and inconsiderate, not to mention his derogatory comments toward our customers. My co-workers, however, were some of the best people I have worked with and I am still in contact with most of them. I'll admit, Jiffy Lube has a bad reputation for a reason, but not all employees had that intention. I saw some dishonest sales tactics, but I also saw very sincere people there that had legitimate concerns for their customers. Overall, I had a great time working at Jiffy Lube. If it weren't for the management I would have considered it for a career.
Pros
fun, easy, great co-workers
Cons
poor management, impossible to advance
Great Company
Floor Manager/ Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
Working at Jiffy Lube taught me a lot. They have continuous training for you to learn new things. Management made sure the employees had proper training.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Scheduling
Always had to worry about keeping my job. As did everyone else.
Lead Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 14, 2015
Really liked to concept, just not the corporate aspect of it. Typical day of work would be dealing with guests and making sure they were being taken care of, working on vehicles, keeping the shop clean, reading and understanding the numbers that we were going after, keeping labor under control by bringing in more money or cutting shifts short. I learned a lot about corporate greed that I had never seen before with any other company I have worked for. The hardest part of my job was continuously having to prove myself to men that thought I couldn't preform the same work they could. I really enjoyed being able to interact with the guest, especially the regulars.
Pros
The amazing guest I was able to see every day, the ability to keep moving and stay active.
Cons
Not enough breaks, not enough incentive, chauvinistic men, corporate greed.
NO Support from supervisors
General Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 23, 2015
Don't run into a problem you can't handle because you can not rely on help from your supervisors even though it's part of their job. I know because I was one once. All they do is try and find something to keep them busy and away from the shops.
Pros
50% off services
Cons
Working in inclement weather year round, low pay, job security
Ups and downs, good days and bad days, but a place to pick up basic skills.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJuly 2, 2015
Typical day was sometimes unpredictable. Helped me learn a few tricks on efficiency which can be good. Depending on which store you were at the management was different, worked at three stores and all were different but they worked for that store. Co-workers was a mix of good and bad mostly had good so there wasn't too much to stress about people causing issues and meeting a bunch of people with the same likes and dislikes as you so you can feel at home sometimes. Hardest part was when something a machine or a car breaks down and it ties things up. Enjoyable part was that store managers actually acknowledge their employees and there can be some fun times that make the days less stressful.
Pros
Saturdays were usually pizza days, learning basic mechanical skills and people skills.
Cons
Healthcare and sometimes moody customers.
Nice Job, Horrible Atmosphere and People
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Franklin, NJSeptember 7, 2015
Working at the Franklin Township Jiffy Lube was an experience I don't miss.

My boss, ( I won't mention names), had a nickname for the place. Because of the atmosphere, he called it the Stress Factory. And was it ever. I stayed there for six months. At least the job paid well.
Pros
Lunch truck, some good co-workers, decent work/life balance
Cons
Very negative atmosphere, gossip, backstabbing co-workers.
Great place with a focus on getting the job done right.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 23, 2015
Typically work would be quite busy with a steady flow of cars that kept even the most seasoned veteran on his toes. While getting the job done right is the priority here, as it should be, speed with service takes a close second. I learned new automotive tests and procedures from the friendly manager team. The same management team encouraged growth from all team members and never disrespected an employee, even when mistakes were made. My co-workers were friendly and informative and never said no to any of my questions. The hardest part of the job is when there are no cars and we have to hold the sign to advertise and the most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a 20 car rush.
Pros
Consistent growth, employee discounts
Cons
varied length breaks, heat
Good experience
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 23, 2015
This should be considered a rare experience from a Jiffy Lube, but the Jiffy Lube I worked at actually did the job correctly and had plenty of business because it. They were always prepared for the unexpected and I feel that I was treated fairly as far as hours and pay for the amount of experience I had when I started working there. Co workers and manager were decent to work with for the most part. Also paid vacation after a year of work and paid holidays off after 3 months of working here.
Pros
Fun and friendly co workers, days went by fast
Cons
Can get hectic when it gets increasingly busy
Busy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
The energy level was busy. However I do not agree with Company procedures and employment treatment. There were several employees who had asked for raise and the company still wouldn't approve. Very disappointing
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Ethical problems
Ive work there for three years worst place!!!
brake manger (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 18, 2016
3 years and only got bumped up 25 cents no benefits vacation owners are greedy and don't care about employees or customers only there pocket book
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks, treated badly, replaceable to owner, the list goes on
fun automotive
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 4, 2015
Typical employee type job,low hours,low pay, zero customer respect towards techs management is a joke and no advancement
Pros
learn basic automotive maintenance
Cons
low pay low respect, & bad rep
good start
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2016
Was able to cross train and get involved with all parts of the shop, that also helped to get me schooling in the field. I worked hands on with people and other employees.
Pros
good starting point for the field
Cons
open doors all winter