Jiffy Lube Employer Reviews

Learned about a different industry
Full-Charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Marysville, Youba City CaJuly 4, 2014
My ex-husband bought three Jiffy Lubes for my daughter and husband. I got the books set up and hired a local bookkeeper to manage the daily bookkeeping. I did month end entries and worked with a CPA for year end entries. It was a new experience working with in a franchise.
Interesting and different
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 4, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: got hot in the summer
Management was older and so work got done. The best part was dealing with customers, in my opinion. Work was often times slow. But you could get bonuses and benefits came after a year of work.
Simple, never complex job
Lubrication Technician (Former Employee), Chesterton, INJuly 1, 2014
This job can be done effectively by monkeys and they pay like you are one.
One tough day
Automotive Service Manager (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, strong work, great company
Cons: long hard hours, not everyone needs an oil change, not everyone will be happy no matter what you do to try to help them.
Each day starts with a goal to obtain. The goal may seem too hard, but with team work and communication we get it done. We deal with budgets and counts throughout the day. Customer satisfaction is #1 and if there is a conflict we go above and beyond to rectify it.
I have learned that though goals are made to push one's self, they can be set as a boundary – more... to break through. If a goal isn't met, it just means that you have to try harder and ask for my direction. My coworkers are huge supports for each other and we are a team. We succeed as a team and we fail as a team. We learn from the downfalls and we strive to always do better than the day before.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the rush! When our bays are full and the team is humming along and you hear the communication between everyone, that's my favorite part of the day.
One of the hardest parts of the job is when you are slow and you have no way to make budget. You bust your hump walking with the sign, you send out mailers, and you make sure that you are doing everything in your power to achieve the best of a rough situation. – less
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2014
i really in joy the peplo that i worked with an enjoy the experience
n/a
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 29, 2014
I learned how to become an excellent salesman while working for Jiffy Lube.
Learning Experience with Auto care
Customer Service/ Inspector/Management (Former Employee), Spring Lake, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours pay employees
Learned to maintain vehicles what a NC Vehicle inspection consist of Management was alright co workers are not to be friends with managers it makes their decision making hard. I enjoyed the customers and their vehicles.
It's a job not a career
Lube Tech (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAJune 27, 2014
Jiffy lube has long hours they have a good management team co workers are great outside holding up the sign is the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part is getting to know new and different people
Productive workplace
Lube Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 24, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: had to payu for our lunch. lol
working there was great. i enjoyed the emploees and everything that i taugt them and they taught me.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, MOJune 23, 2014
Pros: long lunches, good pay, good benifits
Cons: being in and out of the wheather. jiffy lube pulling out of their contract with walmart early
I have really enjoyed my position at Jiffy Lube. They have really worked with me on balancing work with my home life. Having three kids and a full time job can be a challenge sometimes. I have learned many different aspects of my job; from cars, working with the customers, and the business aspect. My co-workers all work together and create a fun work – more... environment, while remaining professional. My manager is great on helping me expand my knowledge of the business, while encouraging me to learn as much as possible about other positions the I may be interested in. I would say the most challenging part of my position is working with the customers that are upset, or have a miscommunication with the service(s) and/or the cost. At the same time, I love to meet knew people. I also enjoy soaking up all the new knowledge I can. – less
love to work on cars
Courtesy Technician, , and some supervisory tasks (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJune 21, 2014
Pros: working on cars
Cons: never having good management
change oil in cars. i learn costumer serves. I had a lot of managers come and go. my coworkers were fun to have around for the most park. to me the hardest part was the summer time when the cars came in hot. i loved to work on all the different kinds of cars.
Cashier/Secretary (Former Employee), Howell, NJJune 20, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with all sorts of different people when we were busy and lots of standing around doing nothing when we were slow. Not too much rocket science required to do this job. However, the hardest part, if you let it get to you, can be the "difficult customers". But as long as you keep a cool head and an even temper, – more... even the craziest situations usually end up alright. – less
Good place to work.
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers.
Cons: long hours.
Everyone was nice. The management was great. I really enjoyed being a part of this place.
Quick lube and hustle environment
General Manager/District Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 17, 2014
Get to meet many different people from all walks of life. Responsible for taking care of customers vehicles oil changes and tire rotations. The employees are properly trained before working on customers vehicles.
Face-paced and messy job
Technician and Team Leader (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2014
Pros: great hours, half off emplyee discount
Cons: breaks too early
If you're an opener, you change and clock in and then make sure everything in the shop is ready for the day. You greet each customer as soon as they enter the lot and show them inside. You move as quickly as you can to complete the service on the vehicle. You must also be very attentive and careful while you work. One wrong move could cost the company – more... a lot of money in repairs for that customer's car. Sometimes the cars just keep coming, and other times you get sent home early without even having touched a vehicle. Depending on the shop you're at, you may or may not get along with your coworkers, but you still work together as a team. Communication is vital. At the end of the shift, you're covered in grease and oil and dog-tired. – less
very fun place to work
Lube Tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
I simply loved everything about this job I have nothing negative to say about it. Other then the fact that again it matters who you work for.
Pour Work Place
Technician (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLJune 10, 2014
Jiffy Lube is an absolute horrible place to work for and I would not recommend this job to no one due to the discrimination that they produce to the younger worker as myself.
OK
Lube Technician (Current Employee), La Puente, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: only 1 break
The Boss is the best but the owner kinda sucks. this place needs work
insightful, productive, and fast paced
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: respectable environment, very helpful co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no sitting while on the cock
Typical day at work fast paced, high stress level due to the little time we have.
Jiffy Lube Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, job security, great people
Cons: lunch breaks almost imposible at a fast passed store, dirty environment, long hours as a sca or manager.
Jiffy Lube is a great place to work if your single. Doesn't start paying much but there is room for advancement. I moved up to management in a few months. As an assistant I made 10 an hour and 2 dollars extra every week for my sales.

About Jiffy Lube

A leading provider of oil changes, Jiffy Lube doesn't expect to see its customers every day -- but about every three months or – Read more

Jiffy Lube Photos