Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Good place to start, not to stay
Hood tech (Current Employee), Wall, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: good starting point crash course retail automotive experience
Cons: listed above
If you have yet to start in the industry it is a crash course in it. The same pitfalls as any retail job befall this place as well. Many unmotivated souls and a management staff that is more concerned with there numbers then the staff who help to provide them. Do not work here if you expect to try to gain a stronger knowledge base in automotive work or to build a career. It is not all bad you do gain a good start but that is all there really is. Sadly the negatives out way the positives. Raises and reviews are far and between. Expect to be given negative reinforcement as opposed to positive. The benefits package offered is more then half a months starting salary and with no guarantee of advancing not worth investing in. You do gain a good start learning basics and picking up small things here and there. All and all if you need a start fresh or new it is a good jumping off point.
Maintance on vehicles, my passion
Customer Service Advisor, Lube Tech (Former Employee), Salem, ORApril 10, 2015
Pros: passion if mine
Cons: heat from the engine
The is one of my most favorite jobs. my hobby is cars. i learned a lot more by them giving me the opportunity to work for them. great bonus's, awesome understanding company. the ruffer days were summer, the vehicles came in hot.
Good idea, Bad execution
General Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2015
Jiffy Lube has a great training program, but the kinds of employees it attracts is miserable and the higher ups don't really care about it as long as the store turns a profit.
cusomer oriented place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: customer experiences
Cons: unstable future
Perfect place for customer service training, I had a great that was under me they knew I believed in them and they believed in where I was taking them as a leader, the hardest part of the job was when management at times, the most enjoyable part of my job were the crew and most important was the CUSTOMERS
Love working on cars
Technician (Former Employee), Stafford,VaApril 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: short breaks
Arrive 15 minutes before shop opens, get things ready for the day. On Wednesday's unload the truck. But daily, greet customers perform oil changes and perform other duties requested
Greeted customers, helped where needed out in the bay, helped with managerial tasks as needed.
Cashier, Greeter, Answered phones, also helped (Former Employee), Stafford, VAApril 8, 2015
Pros: it was a job close to home
Cons: no benefits, out in the weather at times
Greet customers, enter information into computer, show them the lounge, keep lounge clean, help clean windows and vacuum of vehicles, learned how to help the hood technicians, helped my manager do HIS job constantly, reviewing things in the computer, editing customer information as needed when changes arise, etc...
Fun Workplace
Assistent Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere of working at Jiffy Lube. The company will really take you under their wing if you work hard and show you are willing to put in the effort.
fun environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Hampton,VAApril 8, 2015
honestly it was a great experience for a first job, i became comfortable in the workforce so it prepared for real-live situations, problems etc
Productive Environment, Flexible job
Service Review Technician (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYApril 8, 2015
Maintain Positive customer service skills.
Responsible for employee scheduling and activities.
Monitoring safe environment for customers as well as employees.
Responsible for opening and closing store including logging in daily revenues.
Fun if you make it!
Guest Service Adviser/Team Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2015
Pros: being around cars
Cons: n/a
This job makes you work hard in the beginning then slack off after some time. Minus the constant time being soaked in oil and being hot/cold its a decent job.
fast moving, productive, fast problem solving.
Technician (Former Employee), Draper, UTApril 4, 2015
Pros: fast, keeps busy, great team work skills
Cons: dishonest. unethical. but its a job.
i was with jiffy lube for 2 years it was my first job as a teen where i could get an actual pay check. jiffy lube had great benefits. but being in a management position and knowing the company, simply all i have to say about jiffy lube is its a sham. they were very dishonest, they had me lie to countless customers, and if i did not do what they asked they would find someone else. as a teen i went with it but still hated it. i was a terrible liar and would occasionally get caught. my only excuse after that was apologizing and giving discount to then please the customer. i soon got sick of what i – more... was being told to do and started to argue back a little bit, knowing that wasn't ever a good idea to talk back to management but for my morals i was ready to be fired over the situation. when i first started this job they did not think i was going to make it. the assistant manager put me under his wing and i soared quickly through out the company. i later became assistant manager at a different shop, which i demoted my self due to things that i simply would not do. i was then the shop supervisor, a couple months of this position and i found my self doing the same things the assistant manager would have done and were against my moral. i enjoyed this job only because we had such a strong team. and because i got to form my own team and train my guys to do the best that they could. i finally quit jiffy lube and out of respect i finished my 2 weeks and moved over to GT automotive. i later found out that every person (all 6 guys) on my team at the shop quit within the week after realizing the reasons for my resignation. that meant quite a bit to me and i still am in contact with most of those guys. – less
Could be a better place to work
Lower Bay Technician (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: lots of burns
Not much room for advancement, better work short hours, could be better work place. Very poor communication and no benefits
Favoritism
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Carson City, NVMarch 31, 2015
Everyone was friendly and got their work done but there was a lot of favoritism with some of the co workers and head boss running the store. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how to work on cars, almost everyone was willing to help me learn this new trate.
pay not good
customer service advisor (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMarch 30, 2015
if you are looking for a part time job this is an ok if they tell you they might have full time on the future thats a big lie how the company is only offering part time because the dont want to pay for insurance
Jiffy Lube In a Nutshell
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free Oil changes every Quarter
Cons: tough work conditions
a typical day of work was working on 30-50 cars on a busy day and 20-30 on a slow day, interacting with many types of different customers, solving problems for customers with issues regarding their vehicle. During my time with Jiffy Lube i learned to have patience in a fast pace enviroment. As far as management went i would say that it was very laid back my mangers were very nice people very flexible with hours and they treated me and my coworkers not just as employees but also as friends. I would say the hardest part of the job would be working in the harsh weather conditions like on days when it would rain and be wet all day or summers when it would be super hot but that is easily manageable.
Educational
Upper Bay Technician (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDMarch 27, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: low pay
I take from my time working at jiffy lube as a educational experience. I was taught many new things I learned on the mechanical side of cars that I had not known before the pay was low for the type of labor but I did enjoy it my co-workers made the work enjoyable.
Productive fast pace work place.
Technician (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: get to work on cars and see many different styles and types.
Cons: don't pay enough.
Jiffy Lube is a very productive and fast pace work environment for someone who loves or enjoys working on cars. The crew you get to work with becomes your family. i enjoy it because it's something I've always wanted to do. I've always enjoyed cars, and took a liking into wanting to work on them. When giving the opportunity i took advantage of it.
Learning Experience
Assistant Manager/Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Houston TexasMarch 24, 2015
Typical day consisted of greeting meeting and interacting with customers. My favorite part was entirely the customer interactions, I love to see a smile on all their faces.
Lots of travel
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 23, 2015
Interesting business to work for. Could walk in Monday and be in California that afternoon. Loved the travel. Bla bla bla
Oil changes on cars.
Lower Bay/Upper Bay Tech (Former Employee), Benicia, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good job for mechanical enhancement.
Cons: bad management, bad pay.
Good starting job for a high school kid or someone looking for a hands on job. Management at my time was not good, pay wasn't good.

About Jiffy Lube

A leading provider of oil changes, Jiffy Lube doesn't expect to see its customers every day -- but about every three months or – Read more

Jiffy Lube Salaries