Jiffy Lube

Jiffy Lube Employer Reviews

As a lube tech and tire servicer
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Savage, MNNovember 6, 2014
open shop, greet customers, work on oil changes on cars that come in for an inspection, check tire pressure, wash car and give customer the best hospitality and experience.
Very poor management
Upper Bay Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee), maineNovember 5, 2014
The manager drinks on the job. They charge people $25.99 to clean their covers over their headlights.
Pilot Program
Lube expert and technician (Current Employee), Glen Carbon, ILNovember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: not enough pay
It was a pilot program. Jiffy Lube is a great company, however, the franchise I worked for was Heartland. They are not so great. They didn't treat employees very well. Promised raises, never got them. Promised the world and never got anything.
Productive and fast with a steady pace of business
Lube Tech (Former Employee), Matthews, NCOctober 31, 2014
A typical day was a car that needed to be serviced every time the bell rung, As the bell rung i immediately run to the customers vehicle helping them exit the car with a perfect greeting to keep them smiling and ask what business needed to be taken care of for their vehicle. We pull the car in as soon as the customer goes inside to relax and work on the car as soon as possible. We work together as a team so as 1 person handles the under body of the car, the other staff help maintain the top part of the vehicle. We inspect thoroughly through the car to make sure it meets automotive recommendations. I learned that the fast pace of service is what keeps people coming back and to even refer a friend. The management was very on point and passed all inspections to ensure that the business would keep going. They kept all supplies stocked to make sure that there would be no issues. My coworkers were very good team players and help to make sure that the job was done right and completed in a timely matter. The hardest part I must say would have to be trying to accommodate for the vehicles that were much more older and behind the maintenance schedule that they should follow. So when dealing with that it made time go by a little more than it normally should. The most enjoyable part would be to see the customers exit and see that we took very good care of their car and to notice the little things we have taken care of for them just to see them smile.
A good place to start and build a solid work history.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Longview, WAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: a good starting place to work.
Cons: no matter how much money that is brought into the shop it was never enough.
I have had a lot of fun working here. i enjoy working with the crew we have. I also enjoy working with the public in a close semi-personal environment. The days are fast paced and I usually work over my shift. The management does the best that they can to control the flow of the day. I don't enjoy the lack of appreciation that is shown for the hard work put in by the crew.The best part, by far, was the smiles on the customers faces and the positive feed back from them on how well they were treated.
Too many required hours for too little pay.
General Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: working with the public/poor upper management
Cons: regular hourly employees are offered no benefits.
A typical work week for a GM at Jiffy Lube is 55-60 hours weekly for a salary that doesn't measure up. Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays are required to be worked open to close. Dividing the number of hours worked into the salary given comes out to about $10.66 hourly. Even if you only worked 40 hours, it comes out to $14.66 hourly. Not very good pay by any stretch of the imagination.
Decent workplace
Lube Tech (Former Employee), Edgewood MDOctober 28, 2014
Decent job other than Management is up and down due to owners son takes time off whenever he likes, Then comes back when he decides to manage again.
Poor
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2014
Got fired for trying to work two jobs. Was promised to start at $9.50 an hour and was getting paid $8.00.
Productive workplace
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2014
I started working for Jiffy Lube as a hood tech who worked my way up to management. I enjoyed my coworker and the customer we would get everyday.

The fact that I played a part in making sure everyone needs were met made my day.
Great starter job
Lube Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 20, 2014
Jiffy Lube is a great place for those just starting in the field. Teaches you the basics of vehicles an gives you the opportunity to learn management skills. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Fun and fast pace working environment.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Newark,CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: %50 off all services, fun work environment.
Cons: under staffed.
This job consisted of mostly oil changes,Manual/Automatic transmission serves,Differential services,the occasional Air condition Service or wind shield chip service. the regular "Signature Service" would also include window cleaning, interior vacuuming,tire pressure adjustment,and under hood fluid top offs. team work and speed as well as getting cars in and out with quality work. At our store we only had 6 employees and on a shift there wouldn't be more than 4 all day from 8am-6pm. we would have a lower bay that does all the under chassis maintenance , A Courtesy Tech witch would greet incoming customers,check tire pressure,clean windows,vacuums and leave a milage sticker for the customer so they know when to come back. I would have these job duties as well as an upper bay tech which would check all vital fluids and top them off if necessary. At the end of the day I would mop,take out the trash,replenish the coffee and creamers and the water if empty of low, shut off lights and compressors and lock and close doors.
good starting job
benifits
good managment
ENJOYED THE CLIENTELE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Angola, INOctober 13, 2014
Nice people to work with. Cold in the winter but manageable.
met really cool people, working in the elements was somtimes not fun. No room for advancement
Assistant Manager In Training/ State Inspector (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free oil changes for team members, cool co workers
Cons: upper management was a bit rude, of course pay lol
I was a state inspector/ and a assistant manager in training, so given the day i was working multiple positions, lower bay, upper bay, courtesy tech, CSR, team lead you name it i did it. I learned how to perform a lot of maintenance op a wide variety of cars and trucks. Management was a bit hard to work with at times, they would yell at you in front of guests and try to make you feel stupid if you messed up. My co-workers were great guys, just trying to make a living in this world just like me. Hardest part of my day was dealing with the upper management. Most enjoyable part was my co- workers.
lube tech
Lube Technician (Former Employee), wichita ksOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no benefits
loved this job as a lube tech was very passionate bout this job there were a couple cons and that was no benefits and the 6 months I was with them I never got my 90 day raise
Excellent place for building work ethic and getting started in the automotive industry
General Manager/Certified Inspector, trainer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: labor control can cut hrs.
Great company to get your foot in the door to learn the basics of the Auto industry. Great place for work ethic development and basic knowledge of auto repairs and diagnostics. The employees are very fun to work with and the veterans for the company can give you a great insight of what to expect.
Productive and fun workplace
Entry Level Lube Tech (Former Employee), San Jacinto, CAOctober 8, 2014
Typical work day was consisted of working on vehicles, doing typical services to them such as, oil changes, tire rotating, and changing belts. I didn't learn much cause I already knew how to do my job and what to do. Management was great. Co-workers were excellent, very fun and productive employees. Their was not a single hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Company practices inconsistent with stated values.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Wood River, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers, fast paced environment, working with cars.
Cons: management.
A typical work day included clocking in and immediately referencing the task board for assigned job position and tasks for the day. The course of the day included staying in position and completing tasks that included: changing oil & various associated tasks, removal and installation of tires, tire repair, coolant & transmission flushes, light bulb removal & installation, and anything else that was required.

I already had prior experience with automotive maintenance, but through the Jiffy Lube University program learned much more in relation to how components worked and put into practice.

The quality of management was lacking overall, as the main focus was driving sales by any means necessary which was mainly veiled deception in the form of carefully orchestrated "scripts." Direct store management was mediocre and at times out of touch and lost. But the majority of the problems were in relation to upper management.

Co-worker interaction and quality was mostly exceptional, although in tandem with some poor flashes of mediocrity.

The most difficult part of the job was the out of touch management and dismal at best organization. The unrealistic expectations of upper management, to the deceptive sales driving tactics.
Great If You Have No Life
General Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 6, 2014
Franchise asks for too many hours and not enough pay. Support from above feels non-existent at times. Hires part-time at minimum wage and doesn't understand why we have a high turnover and don't have skilled auto techs.
Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2014
Helps you learn the basic if you are wanting to be a mechanic and work all most vechials

About Jiffy Lube

A leading provider of oil changes, Jiffy Lube doesn't expect to see its customers every day -- but about every three months or – Read more