Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not worth it
Jiffy Lube team member (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 31, 2017
Bass horrible with no chance of improvement upper management treats you like a the personal slaves and they expect you to work everyday but if it's not busy they'll just send you home and tell you to stay by your phone because they're going to call you back in so they don't have to pay you
Pros
50% off oil changes
Cons
Every other aspect of the job
A hands on dirty job
Lube technician (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at Jiffy lube would be getting cars in and out as quickly as possible ,I have learn a lot working for this organization stuff in the future can be very helpful for me. I have learn more about different automobile ,improvement in selling and gaining the responsibility to open and close the shop. The hardest part would be the first week of every month just the fact on how busy we are and how we lose one employee so he can do safety & emission inspection .Now the enjoyable part is how we have our laugh from working hard and seeing our customer leave with a smile on there face and coming back.....
Pros
great team work
Cons
the income sucks, the employees should get treated better
busy and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
i learned how to deal with many situations that goes on. how to treat and deal with employees. busy and fun. dealing with bad customers. getting to meet different kind of people every day.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
slow times
Jiffy Lube Review
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 29, 2017
My day would consist of greeting customers, meeting needs and tell them what would be best for their cars. How to change oil, rotate tires was taught to me. The workplace culture was fast paced and competitive. The hardest part of the job was getting under the car, being fast for customers. Seeing the customers satisfaction with the service was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning about cars
Cons
Getting dirty
Great Job
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 28, 2017
I loved the job and my coworkers were awesome. Great way to get certified and acknowledged for auto work. I have absolutely no complaints on working for this company and will love to work there again.
Work
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 28, 2017
Working for Jiffy Lube gave me excellent sales and customer service skills. The pay was good as well as the work life balance. I would recommend employment here.
great workplace
Senior lower bay tech (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJuly 28, 2017
great place to work at when your first starting in the automotive world, the pay is good for the work you do and they give alot of opportunity to advance in the workplace if they see you have the skills
Pros
high chance of advancement
Cons
short breaks
My experience with Jiffy Lube is stars
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 25, 2017
I think that overall its a great company to be employed with. You just have to be willing to work in a fast paced environment. Having excellent customer service is a plus
Fat paced workplace
Lube Tech/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 25, 2017
Working as a lube tech was fun. i had a lot of responsibilities so i always had something to do. my co-workers were lazy people. i would sometimes do 3 cars at a time which i got in trouble multiple times because the cars must have be done within 10 minutes. i did like the challenges but the workplace needed work.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Cons
lazy co-workers
Slow paced business decaying
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2017
I started working in the spring, when the heat left so did most of the customers. My team was pretty fast and safe and we followed procedure, it was only our manager that would spend most of the workday in the office when they are supposed to help "The Floor".
Pros
Plenty of time to clean up and straighten out tools.
Cons
Bad leadership

Want to know more about Jiffy Lube?

Ask a question
Not a good company. Very greedy and dont care about employees.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
I have been working for this company for 7 years. I have been pulled around the district and used like a puppet. Taking away incentives like bonuses and then taking away hours. They have made their company into a high turn over rate company and dont Care for their employees. Now they are going broke because of their greed. So much time and money are wasted do to poor management and greed. Never work for this place. It is a dead end job. Not a career.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of the company is bad. No cons here.
no pay
Store Manager, Certified State Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 24, 2017
Horrible dont care about employees will send you home if business is slow, overwork you to do multiple job descriptions beyond your own. Overall should stay away
good for experience not for money
Assistant Manager/ Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 22, 2017
Fast paced but no leadership and no one is trained. there are no pay raises or benefits but they will treat you with respect as long as you do your job
deent job with great coworkers
LUBE TECHNICIAN, ASSISANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2017
nice stores helpful and if the co workers really make you feel welcomed. very diverse workplace, equal opportunity. they are very flexible with the scheduling.
Extravagant, Never a dull moment working there.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2017
Working at Jiffy Lube was an great opportunity for me. As a female you never see too many working at an automotive business. Once you get used to your job duty , you'll be great ! Besides if you don't know anything about cars , they WILL teach you everything you need to know.
Great people, terrible company and corporate
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
Corporate makes decisions and holds managers accountable and the managers can't do anything. The DMs promise, never act. Greed and lies run this company. only people that care are the people that actually work at the stores and know what it's like. They say it's for the guest. "If it is to be, is up to me." A slogan from corporate office. You have nothing to do with it, you are a puppet for their decisions and you end up taking the fall for it.
Pros
Paid lunch concert tickets
Cons
Corporate expects the impossible
Employment Review
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be prepping the lube bays for services insuring all parts are readily available when customers arrive. Also insuring the customer lounge is clean with fresh coffee waiting.
I have learned how to service various vehicles and the different types of oils offered for services and how they may make a different in vehicle performance.
Management is good at working with the employees in regards to holidays, vacations and any other situations where you may need to alter your schedule.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
for those wanting a full time shift the hours are limited
Good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 20, 2017
It's a good place to work at as long as you know what you're going into. A lot of hard work, so expect to get your hands dirty. Great opportunity to gain experience.
Really good
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 17, 2017
It was a alright job, it kept me busy throughout my whole shift with fast paced work. It did get boring at times but other then that, I liked it. Moving up in the company wasn't the easiest an neither was getting a raise, but if your looking for a job that gives hours, this one is more of a hit or miss.
Fun working with different people
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2017
Mostly my days at Jiffy Lube everything goes well its just rushed & we all have to do everything at a fast pace & we also deal with weather. The manage is great , we just aren't staffed built. The hardest thing at Jiffy Lube is dealing with co-workers & dealing with them cause not everybody is as nice as they should be & its hard to be apart of team as we should be.
Pros
Good breaks, good quiet area
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8