Jim's Supply Co., Inc. is a full service Steel Service Center. Along with all metal shapes and sizes, we buy and sell Pipe and Used Pipe. Our Vineyard Products Division manufactures steel trellis materials and sells all trellising products for vineyard installation and fruit orchard trellising. Our Livestock Equipment division has a full line of horse corralling and cattle handling equipment and is an authorized distributor of Powder River products. Our divisions complement each other, providing lower costs and higher service to our customers.
We have been serving our customers' needs since 1959 and are always looking for better ways to deliver our products to our customers. We have two fully stocked locations: Bakersfield, CA (Corporate Office) & Calistoga, CA
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Receiving/Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Steel/Vineyard Operations Manager
Plans, organizes, and monitors the receiving, storage, and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner.
- Interview and recommend applicants for hire as Warehouse and Receiving Associates.
- Track fulfillment metrics and drive process improvements.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of Warehouse and Receiving Associates
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- Ensures employees ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations
- Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Coordinate the unloading and pick up of material incoming via rail
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving mission in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and cost.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the Receiving Department;
- Ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection;
- Ensures receiving reports accurately report material received. Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry.
- Oversees the movement of material from Receiving to the Warehouse or Yard in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Oversees the supplying of materials to various Departments.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
- Monitors and measures Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in business office software (Microsoft Office) and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects to completion
- Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in Business Management, Industrial Management or related field and at least one (1) year Supervisory/Lead Experience; or Five (5) years experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management in a manufacturing and or distribution environment with at least one (1) year Supervisory/Lead experience..
CERTIFICATES LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid California Class C Drivers’ license with acceptable driving record.
- Current Forklift Certification and the ability to be forklift certified under Jim’s Supply Company Inc. standards.
Applications are available online at www.jimssupply.com or at our physical location, 3530 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, CA 93308 EOE