Jim Palmer Trucking Employee Reviews in United States

Best company ever
HR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 17, 2015
I can not say enough about how great this company is. The owners work harder than anyone I have ever met. It is a positive, professional, fun and exciting place to work. They have taught me to understand our drivers, and not only to respect them, but truly value them. I can not thank Jim Palmer Trucking enough for being an oasis to drivers, and giving me insight to the core of what runs out country- the trucking industry.
Pros
not enough room here to list!
Cons
none, it is by far the best company I have worked with
They do try
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 27, 2016
I have been with wil trans / him Palmer for over 5 years good company and they do care. The new dispatchers do know that you are going through allot of stuff on the road and don't try to tell you how to run . but keep in mind they are a growing company and when you call your not the only driver on you dispatch board and the sun does not rise or set on you. They are a good bunch of guys. They do care
Pros
Do care. Willing to help when you need
Cons
No snack machine at terminal lol
This was 5 Years ago.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 30, 2015
Was the best place to work around. You were family. Jim was always concerned about his drivers well being. Now under differnt management so I am not sure.
Pros
Best in Class.
Cons
long runs
Good place to work, plenty of miles, bonuses
Truck Driver - OTR (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 18, 2014
I do enjoy working for this company, however the balance between work and home/life is not what works for me.
Pros
miles, bonuses, pay
Cons
hometime
Very Discriminatory Company to Drive for
Company OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 11, 2014
Well, if you like being pulled in for no freaking reason cause the company will not replace or repair the qual-coms that are constantly malfunctioning in their trucks. Then you add to that that your under a load and you as a driver have to sit an wait FOR THREE (3) HOURS cause their computers do not properly communicate with the qual-coms in their trucks. I was pulled in because their computer showed that I was idling the truck when I stopped to get fuel, and idling over night. 1. I NEVER EVER idle the truck when I get fuel, and 2. I had received a letter threatening me with TERMINATION IF I IDLED THE TRUCK. After waiting WHILE EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE WENT TO LUNCH and came back, A mechanic came in an told me that I could leave. Talk about a waste of time when I had told them that I had not idled, they would NOT BELIEVE their own company driver until they hooked up the computer to the truck!! Miles were cut, dispatch didn't like it that I was delivering loads 30-60 minutes early, so the miles were cut. In a 3 day period truck went thru 2 FULL gallons of anti-freeze an 3/4 of a gallon of oil, truck was never fixed an they wanted me to get 6.5 MPG with a cracked head or head gasket!!
Cons
very discriminatory company, especially against females.
My absolute favorite job of my life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 25, 2013
I learned so much from this job. Not only as a job but as a person. the co workers were always very nice and I always enjoyed going to work every day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relaxed atmosphere that Jim Palmer portrayed amongst his employees. He is an amazing person.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Small company and I'm just not a driver number
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 29, 2013
Decent company gave me a second chance after falling off with no license for 3yrs.
Pros
works with drivers for home time.
Cons
no east coast terminals
Very good company to work for alot of room to grow!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 25, 2014
Great Trucking company to work for very professional and still a lot of fun.
Enjoyed working.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 7, 2013
Hauling, driving, what learned safety, enjoyed my job and the company I worked for hardest part long waits and night time hauling.