Jim Palmer Trucking

Jim Palmer Trucking Employee Reviews

Very Discriminatory Company to Drive for
Company OTR Driver (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMarch 11, 2014
Cons: very discriminatory company, especially against females.
Well, if you like being pulled in for no freaking reason cause the company will not replace or repair the qual-coms that are constantly malfunctioning in their trucks. Then you add to that that your under a load and you as a driver have to sit an wait FOR THREE (3) HOURS cause their computers do not properly communicate with the qual-coms in their trucks. I was pulled in because their computer showed that I was idling the truck when I stopped to get fuel, and idling over night. 1. I NEVER EVER idle the truck when I get fuel, and 2. I had received a letter threatening me with TERMINATION IF I IDLED THE TRUCK. After waiting WHILE EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE WENT TO LUNCH and came back, A mechanic came in an told me that I could leave. Talk about a waste of time when I had told them that I had not idled, they would NOT BELIEVE their own company driver until they hooked up the computer to the truck!! Miles were cut, dispatch didn't like it that I was delivering loads 30-60 minutes early, so the miles were cut. In a 3 day period truck went thru 2 FULL gallons of anti-freeze an 3/4 of a gallon of oil, truck was never fixed an they wanted me to get 6.5 MPG with a cracked head or head gasket!!
Very good company to work for alot of room to grow!
Driver (Current Employee), Missoula, MTJanuary 25, 2014
Great Trucking company to work for very professional and still a lot of fun.
My absolute favorite job of my life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 25, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I learned so much from this job. Not only as a job but as a person. the co workers were always very nice and I always enjoyed going to work every day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relaxed atmosphere that Jim Palmer portrayed amongst his employees. He is an amazing person.
Enjoyed working.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJune 7, 2013
Hauling, driving, what learned safety, enjoyed my job and the company I worked for hardest part long waits and night time hauling.
Small company and I'm just not a driver number
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 29, 2013
Pros: works with drivers for home time.
Cons: no east coast terminals
Decent company gave me a second chance after falling off with no license for 3yrs.