Director of Food Service
Reports To: Director of Operations
General Purpose: To oversee and support all facets of the Food Service Departments while enforcing the company’s Mission and Vision with an emphasis on creating new and exciting programs that will complement not only the Food Service Program but also the entire company. Oversee all Food Service Operations: Scratch Kitchen/Bakery, Bread program, Meat/Cheese, Juice Bar, Salad Bar, Hot Food Bar, Specialty Food programs, Foods to Go, Counter, Catering, Delivery, Warehouse, Menu Creation, etc.
- Creating new and exciting programs that will complement and grow the entire Food Service Program.
- Ongoing introduction, training, evaluation, and modification of all Food Service Departments and programs to help ensure Jimbo’s is always on the cutting edge of quality and offerings while maintaining Jimbo’s strict product, policy and employee guidelines.
- Create training materials for the new and/or changing programs for the Food Service Departments.
- Evaluate movement of products/programs with an eye to products/program diversity, selection and performance.
- Research products and programs in response to customer inquiries and to insure our products meet our product standards.
- Provide feedback and input to Regional General Manager and DOO on personnel and professional issues within the Food Service Departments.
- Support the hiring and training of new Food Service Department Regional Supervisors, Regional Trainers and Program Supervisors
- Oversee the evaluation and submission of new items for approval; research product background and ingredients in response to customer inquiries; and insure all our products meet our product standards.
- Oversee large buy-ins and deep discounts for the warehouse program
- Oversee quantity purchasing in all stores making sure discounts are maximized and inventory controlled.
- Oversee the organization and supervision of the quality and production for the Food Service Departments.
- Oversee that the Food Service Departments are functioning within the County/State guidelines for health and sanitation.
- Oversee the evaluation of packaging options to improve merchandising and minimize costs and environmental impact.
- Oversee margins for the Food Service Departments; investigate and make corrections when target margins are not being reached.
- Maintain contacts with industry brokers, sales reps, and manufacturers.
- Responsible for consistent communication and follow-through with Food Service Department Regional Supervisors, Regional Trainers and Program Supervisors (Senior Mgmt) and for holding a minimum of one Food Service Department Senior Mgmt meeting per quarter.
- Attend Food Service Department Manager meetings as needed and/or supply agenda input for the meetings
- Serve as a Food Service Regional Supervisor, Trainer and/or support the departments as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a highly effective Director of Food Service or similar position.
- Must maintain a current Serve Safe certification.
- Experienced in a multi-facet Food Service Programs similar to; Scratch Kitchen/Bakery, Bread program, Meat/Cheese, Juice Bar, Salad Bar, Hot Food Bar, Specialty Food programs, Foods to Go, Counter, Catering, Delivery, Warehouse, Menu Creation, & possibly meat/seafood, etc.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills with the ability to constructively address performance issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel between stores.
- Ability to analyze financial reports and make operational corrections in order to achieve financial goals.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, & Chef Tec.
- Natural foods knowledge and industry connections very helpful.
- Able to work in various temperature extremes (hot and cold).
- Ability to hear and speak clearly to communicate with customers, vendors and staff.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and squat, kneel, bend and reach above head.
- Able to work safely with knifes and kitchen machinery.
Work Environment: Working the majority of time in an administrative, office environment while training/supporting in the Food Service environment.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or
qualifications associated with this job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.
Jimbo’s…Naturally! was founded upon the premise that
good-quality, natural foods should be available to everyone