Jimmy Jazz Employee Reviews

Jimmy Jazz Sr. Retoucher
Sr. Photo Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 27, 2016
From 8am-5pm, I retouched, enhanced, color balanced and uploaded high volume of images under very tight deadlines daily. My job was to prioritize and ensure speed to site efficiently. I had to multitask a wide range of projects all at once accurately by naming files properly and image protocol for uploading and archiving. I recruited, trained and managed freelance retouchers and temps as well as assisted in model recruiting. On slow days I would even photograph product and lifestyle photography like special release sneakers. I also contributed to Social Media Marketing with promo ideas, designing graphics and researching statistic to help grown our target audience. We were a little team of Creative Director, Art Director, Two PhotoRetouchers and one other Graphic Designer. We all worked great together, and always helped one another out when needed.
the company is a working progress
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
working for jimmy jazz was ok not the best but I made due wiith what im faced with . I had to turn the store completely around to get it to my liking and the GM didn't appreciate I did or do.
Very Stressful and Over Whelming
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Working for the company Jimmy Jazz was very stressful and over whelming. As an assistant manager it was a lot to do which is required. But pay wise wasn't enough and wasn't willing to negotiate a raise.
great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2015
This company was willing to teach no matter what it took. The jimmy jazz team has been a helpful team and cares about the customers and employees.
Pros
advancement, strong teammates, communication amounst team
Very open minded and friendly
Web Store Customer Service/Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2015
Everyday was new at Jimmy Jazz. We always had a new project to work on. We always worked as a team. With customers calls on a daily basics and new product in on the daily we kept quite busy.
Pros
Creative open
Cons
location in New Jersey
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists of running back and forth from the cash register to get shoes, and assist customers with finding clothes. I learned how to multi task. Management is pretty lenient, there are some hard working coworkers as well as some slackers. The hardest part of the job is picking up where the slackers leave off. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, raises are given scarcely, very strict, no good benefits for employees
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDDecember 11, 2015
it was a nice place to work part time. I got a discount on items and was always aware of new fashions. Management was nice. I would work there again
Mmm.
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2015
A typical High school Job.
A lot of expectations and No real benefits for workers.
Can only use discount on Saturdays, and only discounted on original priced products.
Okay PLace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDNovember 20, 2015
It was okay place to work at , management was unprofessional. Staff was fun to work with. No good benefits. Yours hours vary there. Never get close to 40.
fun place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 22, 2015
I have personally and professionally grown with this company, however there is little room for advancement. The compensation is not suffice. With 4 years of being dedicated to the company I have only had 3 raises. I would love to work for the company in the future, it is not at all a difficult company to work for however I do feel the pay for associates and management could be alot better.
fun to be at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 15, 2015
jimmy jazz was my first job, i got all my sales skills from there. our managers are considering, helpful. i learned the register in a day because of someones absents but i had someone right by my side helping
Its an ok work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILSeptember 14, 2015
The pay is horrible and they have you do too much with the horrible pay. The other associates is really what make the job. Its an unfair workplace and its favortism shown
productive and enjoyable place of work yet challenging
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Champaign,ILSeptember 13, 2015
On average , work is fun. The atmosphere is enjoyable, and I enjoy our customers. The work is very fast paced , especially on the weekends. I work well under pressure , so I enjoy the fast pace work. I am a very competitive person so, competing with my coworkers for sales is also pleasurable. The most challenging part of my job is inventory. It is challenging because I have to check it in, make room for it and create a new visual directive. Although , I enjoy showing my creativity. the task is quite time consuming and difficult to do when customers are present. My co workers are wonderful , I have a deep regard for each of them. The management is quite poor , and it I think it affects the store and the performance of sales associates. Overall , I enjoy the work I do, I feel under paid though. I also think the company could use better structure and more organization.
Pros
vacations, benefits, healthcare
Cons
managament, company policy, lack of organization and structure
A good store that sale shoes and clothes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2015
I have learned a lot about retail from working with Jimmy Jazz. Good management they are very easily to work with. The shoes and clothes is great.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
looking for missing items
Productive and Friendly enviorment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2015
Being a Sales associate is multiple things thrown at you at one time, maintaining a neat and clean store. While also keeping up with the store sales and goals per hour.
Fun fast paced work environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 19, 2015
Fun work place. This job is all about visuals, you will need to be able to fold. Jimmy Jazz also sales shoes so you need to be able to find shoes in the stock room. Also big on sales and delivering great customer service.
Great place for networking and meeting new people
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 13, 2015
Great Experience, this company taught me a lot about how to communicate with people every second and every hour, I have a very great bond with my previous co-worker and I also met a lot of awesome people that would come inside the store and shop. However management could be better.
Dont really feel that my work is appreciated or compensated enough
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2015
I love shoes and clothes as a person in general so I felt this would be an ideal job for me but when I noticed the untidiness not to mention the fact of the pay wage isn't enough for everything I feel I do as a employee...
Pros
shoes shoes shoes
Cons
unorganized, low paying
easy job but horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 8, 2015
Helping customers with shoes and ringing up sales. Becomes tedious when having managers with no retail experience. Fun staff, but no real structure in management.
Pros
Living down the block
Cons
Short breaks, no job advancement
A new experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2015
I was cashier here. Its a great store with lots of different urban sneakers and clothing. It was I was very comfortable with the atmosphere and I made all the customers feel at home. The prices are decent the only problem was the return policy witch is no cash back but the is a big sign in front of the register displaying that so the customers may see.