Jimmy Jazz Employee Reviews

Productivity
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2017
Entering the store for opening included ensuring all registers are meeting its standards. Throughout the day I will work at the register as well as on the floor as a sales associate. Will also refold and reorganize products during down time. When new shipment comes in I will also prep, fold, and organize all items for display and access for customers to purchase. However working at Jimmy Jazz taught me that as an employer I must always maintain my sense of professionalism even in situations where things may not be at at its best.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized
Jimmy Jazz work life
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2017
A day at Jimmy Jazz consisted of opening the store, counting the cash drawer to verify that it is balanced, restocking shelves with merchandise, ship and receive shipment, marketing/advertising, maintain the cleanliness of store, of course great customer service, and closing of store. The managers that I had were great. The most enjoyable part of my job were my customers, the music in the store, and the employee bonds I had with my Jimmy Jazz family.
Pros
fun, employee discount, music, learning experience
Cons
sneaky district managers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
When it's a busy Saturday and 1,000's of customers are coming in. The entire team comes together as one and helps every customer to their best of their abilities. Its almost like a well oiled machine. Everybody picking up one another and helping as much as possible.
Pros
Discount on products in store after two weeks.
Cons
Horrible work conditions.
Lack of interaction with management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2017
A typical day there was stressful... there was never a organized day. I did learn a few new cool ways to fold clothing ways I would’ve never thought of ! The management was great when I first started then something happened were a employee was promoted to that management spot and they thought that they were better than everybody so management began to fail. Over the workplace there was urban and upbeat ... I personally think the hardest part was finding shoes in a messy stock room. The most enjoyable part about that job was that I was able to make people happy !!
Pros
Shout Outs
Cons
No Breaks
To many Chiefs
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work is having to make sure that petty theft doesn't occurs. I learned not to listen to people trying to sell you dreams about advancements. The current dsm is amazing but they put some much on his shoulder to focus on the flag ship store that the other store are kind of running alone.
Hardest part of this job is being the best and not being acknowledge and to learn how go with it .
the most enjoyable part is getting our rec-curing customer to come in and remember you by name
productive
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 18, 2017
It was a good experience, just not on the managements part . The work environment is a great atmosphere to work at. I've gained a lot of customer service skills working there.
Pros
free lunch from restaurants in mall
Slow paced workplace with diverse customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Not really a permanent type of job with little advancement opportunities. Great work environment with amazing customers. A decent experience at customer service
prooductive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2017
It is a wonderful work place to work in. I love the people i work with , its a lot of positive employees that i work with. Its never a day were anyone has a bad day.
Interacting with new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 11, 2017
At Jimmy Jazz I interacted with different people on a daily basis. I learned various ways of communicating with people. The management made everyone feel like family that worked in the store.
the management is not worth it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 30, 2017
they don't really work unless needed too they will be no where found when needed they leave you when it a big crowd they don't help customers they make you do all of the work and you won't get paid enough
Pros
fine girls i work with and get to see
Cons
the managers, the pay rate, the coworks, and the discount
Great workplace with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Overall I enjoyed the job very much. I do wish I was working there full time because I didn't want to leave. Working with clothing and sneakers is something I've always enjoyed, and I especially enjoyed the people I work with
Pros
Great work environment, love the people there
Cons
Not enough hours, wasn't getting enough money
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 28, 2017
On the weekends we have fun listening to the radio and joking around. It is very laid back and slow paced during the week. My job is not hard at all its so easy,
Pros
Music
Cons
Short breaks
Best job ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSSeptember 25, 2017
....yes it was the best job ever. If you look into working there , please go right ahead . Best first job ever . They will work with you schedule , and they have great benefits
Great management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2017
this job was on of the best jobs I have ever encountered. I would Highly recommend this job for a fun ambitious person.This job was not for the weak minded but for those that desired to strive.
Fast-paced, customer oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Greeting and assisting customers is your number one priority as a Jimmy Jazz employee. If customers don't need help you are to keep busy dusting, folding clothes, straightening hanging displays, keeping shoes on walls even, and other tasks. With a large number of employees, between 4-12 hours were allotted to each non-management team member during my time of employment. The manager is amazing and does her best to work around your schedule, but she will not tolerate foolishness, excuses, tardiness, and lack of effort while you are on the clock. You are to remain professional at all times, being sure to assist customers multiple times while they shop. The hardest part of the job is getting to know where each shoe is kept because the shelves aren't labelled. The most enjoyable part is helping customers find exactly what they are looking for.
Ok
Sale Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
This is an ok place to work if you're a student and need some money in your pocket. They did pay bi weekly but depending on the store you worked at was how you can determine if you'll have a fat check or a fat headache
Productive work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoy working for jimmy jazz. Being a part of the management team is what i love to do. I've enjoyed working for jimmy jazz for these past 2 years. I love how comfortable customers get with you picking out their clothes and shoes.
very relaxed work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 3, 2017
i learned more about certain types of shoes, they names when they drop. my managers at jimmy are awesome. everybody that works there is like family.. we all work good with one another and team work is great.
Cons
the discount is fairly low compared to other stores, the fact that its only 20% and can only use it on Saturdays kinda sucks, cause the discount only takes off the taxes, and then we cant use our discount on sale items
fun but no benefits or room for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Helping customers find apparel and shoes and then proceeding to check them out at the register. Maintaining store appearance while reaching target sales.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
Its a productive and fun work place. Satisfied Customers leave this store with smiles and great product. I would prefer Jimmy jazz a great work place with awesome people.