Jimmy Jazz Employee Reviews

payroll
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, NYNovember 4, 2016
working for the company was an overall great learning experience while with jimmy jazz i perfected my folds and visuals i mastered the art of shipping and met people from all backgrounds but when transferring the never acknowledged the state raise of minimum wage which lead to my resignation
Pros
advancing in company
Cons
payroll issues
Great Co workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2017
Helping Customers with shoes, clothes, and assessories. Able to see latest sneakers and clothes. More of an urban environment and caters to the youth and adult shopper
Pros
flexable scheduling
Cons
no benefits for part timers, no hoilday pay, only allowed discount on Saturday
My overall review of Jimmy Jazz isn't quite what i expected.
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work for me is usually affiliated with a mild traffic of customer, either they'd like to purchase sneakers or items of clothing. Most of our customers are Latinos, which help me learn a new dialect. Working in Jimmy Jazz taught me a lot about retail companies from loss prevention, employee rights, management and customer service.The management of a Jimmy Jazz is unfair to me. There are signs of favoritism and spitefulness which causes personal matters to trickle into professional work. My coworkers carry great interpersonal skills, they do their jobs but some of them tend to be lazy and leave most of their work for another employee to carry-out. The hardest part of the job is when we're under staffed or when an employee decides not to do their job which causes us to have to speed up our work process, so everything gets slightly hectic. The most enjoyable part of Jimmy Jazz is meeting a variety of customers trying to figure out what the like also getting them comfortable with the employees so they can have a better shopping experience.
Cons
Little to no breaks for cashiers, no overtime, or employee benefits for part-time workers.
Fun workplace
Sales associate / cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 29, 2016
It's an okay job , could be a whole lot better ! But overall I can say the environment is very fun ! Their aren't any benefits for part time associates and you don't move up as quick as you should !!
Cons
No benefits
okay
Sales Associate/Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2017
Not the best job. low paying but if you're in school its a great low stress job. no real room for advancement. Retail has its ups and downs. Management and employees got along great.
Very cool place to be employed to
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 15, 2016
Working for Jimmy Jazz is fun and the employees are cool to be around. Not much employee benefits let alone discounts. But, it is still a pretty urban environment.
Pros
Teamwork ethic, management is stable
Cons
Not much employee benefits (discounts, etc...)
fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 1, 2016
Great management and a very flexible schedule. I was able to advance relatively quick but you must earn the spot. Turned job down because i was moving on to bigger careers
Very fun and easy work environment (sometimes i wish i still worked there)
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 15, 2016
- Really amusing/entertaining environment.
- Usually friendly customers, co-workers, and management(with the exception of one which is my only reason for not working there anymore).

My duties for the day could change depending on how busy we are that day or how many associates are on staff at the time, but my obligations usually remain between the following:
1) Cashier: checking out customers after they have browsed the store and picked out what they´re going to buy, also "up-selling" once they´re at the register.
2) Greeter: standing at the entrance of the store speaking to customers when they both enter and exit the store.
3) Sales Associate: engaging with customers, finding out what they are looking for and actually going get it for them if we have it in stock.
4) "Floater": wandering around the store engaging in conversations with customers, entertaining them if they´re already being help and finding out their need/wants if they aren´t already being helped, while also fixing up the store and refolding and replacing items on display.
Cons
standing on your feet all day
Hostile environment
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
The worst job I have every had. Management team is unprofessional especially the district manager. She is rude and disrespectful and shouldv'e been fired along time ago. Very hostile and negative impact on my life. Whish somebody would have told me about the district manager before I took the management position. Pay is horrible and not worth the hassle.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists of running back and forth from the cash register to get shoes, and assist customers with finding clothes. I learned how to multi task. Management is pretty lenient, there are some hard working coworkers as well as some slackers. The hardest part of the job is picking up where the slackers leave off. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, raises are given scarcely, very strict, no good benefits for employees
Jimmy Jazz
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 13, 2016
This job is great for your average sneaker head, as well as a college or high school student. They do advance people way too early as managers. My store wasn't the best, but not the absolute worst either. The workers were cool and the manager too. Its just too many last minute things that go on pertaining the company. The regional manager is messy at times and she'll kind of make it seem like we have to be co-worker against another co-worker. I never tell on my fellow co-workers. The manager is very understanding of outside lives, and he is open to a lot of things. It can get very busy, but when it doesn't, we just clean the store or organize certain things. Overall, I think this is one of the best jobs I've had. They don't do employee appreciation for as much as we do and that can become irritating. I also hate using my discount only on Saturdays and we cant even use them on new releases unless its two weeks after the shoe comes out so by the time we buy it the shoes will be gone.
Pros
Breaks, Mangers, Hours.
Cons
Discount, no employee appreciation.
Fun when its not busy, easy job
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at Jimmy jazz is pretty easy no hard work just assisting customers with requests, but weekends when its busy its really busy but as long as you can remember what each customer requested its cool, can be frustrating sometimes but i like working here, even thought about transferring to a different store in another city if i do move.
Pros
free breaks, easy, fun.
Cons
standing all day.
It's nice to work around the latest trending cloths and shoes.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2016
Well when I come in to work I usually clock in and head to the back and get started on work. I usually only work about 9-10 hrs a day. I've learn working there that if there's not a strong and good management team an employee may have to work three times as hard to get the job done. What I like most about working at J.J. is working around all the latest and hottest shoes. The hardest part about my job is nothing.
Pros
Some items are discounted in the store.
Cons
Poor management, poor customer service, poor employee workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 10, 2016
Great workplace. Advancement. Great management staff. Most enjoyable part is assisting customers and being able to make someones day. My co workers were alwasy excellent. I learned how to be more dependable and manageble.
I am a People's person
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 16, 2016
A typical day at work is good. Management covers the store with employees. We're able to meet our daily goals with satisfaction. I'm very flexible and able to multi-task in many levels of the stores needs.
Pros
Helping people while bring increase to store sales.
Cons
Running out of merchandise on new release day.
Exciting
Menswear Buyer and Retail Marketing Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I loved being buyer and retail lead for Jimmy Jazz Stores. It gave me an opportunity to learn every facet of owning and operating a retail store including buying directly from brands in their showrooms, at the Magic Convention as well as marketing the product/stores.
Pros
Very rewarding.
Cons
Over 40 hour weeks required to really get a hold of the business.
productive and enjoyable place of work yet challenging
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Champaign,ILSeptember 13, 2015
On average , work is fun. The atmosphere is enjoyable, and I enjoy our customers. The work is very fast paced , especially on the weekends. I work well under pressure , so I enjoy the fast pace work. I am a very competitive person so, competing with my coworkers for sales is also pleasurable. The most challenging part of my job is inventory. It is challenging because I have to check it in, make room for it and create a new visual directive. Although , I enjoy showing my creativity. the task is quite time consuming and difficult to do when customers are present. My co workers are wonderful , I have a deep regard for each of them. The management is quite poor , and it I think it affects the store and the performance of sales associates. Overall , I enjoy the work I do, I feel under paid though. I also think the company could use better structure and more organization.
Pros
vacations, benefits, healthcare
Cons
managament, company policy, lack of organization and structure
great
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
My experience at Jimmy Jazz provided me with the skills and dedication to work for any company. Holiday hours have to be the worst with any retail experience, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm thankful that Jimmy allowed me to be apart of an organization that continues to bloom.
Love the energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2016
Nice work nice job but doesn't pay enough I love the energy but management is by far the worst I have ever experienced one assistant manager told me she was gonna smack me I told the manager and she did nothing
Pros
The mall
Jimmy jazz
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2016
My typical day at work is sometimes easy and sometimes complicated. You have people that get upset at policy, you have to deal with people trying to steal from the store which is the most that I hate to do. But I learn how to deal with it.
I learned that patients is the key to success to get where you want to be and also to be a better person. You can not let anyone get to you knowing that it will affect you. Communicating is good when you need help to make the day easier.
When I became assistant manger it was very challenging for me. I didn't know how to communicate as well because I was antisocial you can say and also it was complicated dealing with employees that doesn't have respect. Two bad tempers wasn't good for a work place, I am happy I dealt with my temper. I learn how to deal with people by not reacting how they react.
The hardest part I can say about my job is trying to find the best employees because a lot of times you have people you hire that are there for just the pay. They dont want to learn, they always calling out one thing I dont like is people wasting other people time, especially mines.
The most enjoyable part of my job for me is doing sections (which is visual). I like to have things organize and neat. I love my job it made me a better person. Teach me how to manage a store and be part of a team. Its time to move on to big and better things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy Jazz. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5