Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,786 reviews matching the search
fun place for someone who wants to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 22, 2016
management keeps atmosphere light and fun, great place for experience and work ethic. great 1st job, or part-time. very flexible with hours. as much as you want.
Better Environment then my first job
Inshop (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2016
Overall I liked working at jimmy johns. I liked it because its chances to get raises. Also every job taught me something different .
Pros
Free sandwiches
Cons
Short breaks
Great work place.
Inshop/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 19, 2016
Working at Jacksonville, Illinois, Jimmy John's store has been a great working opportunity, easy to learn, great management, and safe work environment. Easily one of the best places I have ever worked at so far. Co-workers are great, positive and fun people. Simple, and not too time consuming, also more work opportunities through corporate are provided to expand work experience.
First job
Jimmy Johns Delivery (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 18, 2016
Tips were good at times but when your weren't delivering you worked in-shop and didn't get paid for that much work. The lunches were only thirty minutes, we couldn't leave, and we didn't get an employee discount.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
No benefits
Jimmy john's gourmet sandwiches
IT'S A GOOD JOB YOU THIS GOT TO KNOW IT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2016
Jimmy john's was a good job but it was fast and it was hard but I like it it make me happy when I have a job to have and I learned that it a good thing to have a job my management is good why like love to have job's my co-workers was good to me and people the hardest of the job when I got there I did not no what to do and where to go people there was hard to talk to but they was good to people the most is when I do some thing good and no one tell me how to do it I love to talk to some people that help people that's good with people.
Pros
MATH LIKE NEW THING
Cons
A GOOD JOB IS EVERY WHERE
Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 18, 2016
Potential to make a lot of money during lunch rushes. A good starting job for high school students. Not something you would pursue if you went to college.
Fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 17, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Its fun most everyday. there are some stores that i have worked at that hired terrible managers and it wasnt so fun. Easy work.
Pros
Easy work and fun
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work
first assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 15, 2016
A typical day as a manager at jimmy johns would start at five am and I would slice all the veggies and meats and prepare the store for open, or if I was closing id come in and slice for a couple hours while also running the sandwich line and after that it was mostly cleaning. I did learn a lot of management skills however, I learned how to delegate efficiently and how to communicate with employees more efficiently. I was also dealing with customers all day so i learned a lot about customer service.
Pros
Free meals
Great Place to work
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2016
Nice place to really fun to work there I think anyone would love to work for this company so go and apply yopu would not be mad
Cashier
Gourmet Sandwich Prep/ Cashier- Tender (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 13, 2016
If you like for your boss to talk to you like this job is the only thing keeping you alive, this is the place for your life to end. Like any food service job you get tired of eating the food so having an employee discount really doesn't matter all that much.
Pros
Cheap Food
Cons
Dead End Job
N/a
CORPORATE MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 13, 2016
Fun company. However, don't take care of their employees too well. No organization, lots of favoritism.

No match on 401k.
good management, positive environment
Sandwich maker, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Friendly customers, up beat employees, and a positive atmosphere.
Hours were poorly scheduled, and ridiculous. All together though the managers were nice and understanding. It was always very busy, and we would get rushes out the door. The most enjoyable part for me was when it got really busy because it makes time fly, and I enjoy working hard.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
poorly executed scheduling
Great Job with potential to grow
Delivery Driver and Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 12, 2016
I was just a delivery driver, and for a job that is flexible for college students it was absolutely perfect. Schedule was based on semesters and the pay was decent, barring lots of car trouble. Becoming a Catering Manager is easy if you are good with people and know your product. There is also plenty of room to be a store manager/assistant if you want to go that route as well. Most coworkers and managers are good, but like at any job some stink. I loved most of the people I worked with and the fast pace.
Pros
Fun, Easy, Fast-paced
Cons
some managers are not qualified or hard to deal with
Relaxed, but productive, work experience.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 12, 2016
I've been working a Jimmy John's for about three years. While I was attending college the company always made sure to make adjustments to accommodate my class schedule. A typical day starts off with talking to customers over the phone and placing orders for deliveries. The order is then made to be delivered. From there I will drive to the delivery location and either have the customer sign for the order, if it was paid online, or accept cash and give back change when necessary. From there I will return to the store to take another delivery, help with maintaining the cleanliness of the store, or anything else the manager asks that I do. Working at Jimmy John's I am much better at multitasking, helping a number of customers at once, or instructing new employees on proper technique. I enjoy coming to work and seeing all of my co-workers. All of us get along well and there have been numerous occasions where we have met outside of work. There are times, however, it is difficult to keep up with the amount of customers we have to attend to and deliveries to take. We do our best to make sure every customer is satisfied in the quickest way possible.
Great place for a first job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 12, 2016
This is one of the funnest places you will probably ever work. The staff is very diverse and even though the guideline of this job are pretty strict, they are all about having a good time while getting work done. This place is all about being friendly and having great customer service. And you will also clean like you have never cleaned before while working here.
Pros
Great atmosphere, and very flexible hours
Cons
Prefers to higher part-time employees
It's an okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
To be honest we never seemed to have enough people working or we had too many people working so a lot of people were always sent home. There were only three managers and one of them shouldn't have been a manager to start with because they didn't know what they were doing. Not only that work was always disorganized when we were slow, nobody cared if they were on their phones and a few workers hid in the bathroom for almost an hour sometimes. The only time people were actually doing work was when it got super busy. It was as if the people only knew how to work when they were in panic mode. Half the time one or the other fridges would break down so when it got super busy we could only work with one and it was super annoying and inconvenient.
Cons
No breaks, 50 cents off of what we bought only after we worked, and weren't really allowed to take time off
Unprofessional
Cashier/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 11, 2016
Jimmy Johns was very competitive and serious. Sometimes breaks were not met the full length of satisfactory. The job as well as co workers were immature.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Great Environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 9, 2016
small hourly wages, but they include fuel reimbursement and generally make a pretty decent wage while delivering. easiest job ive ever had.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
slow seasons and no benafits unless your an area manager
Great work environment!
Secondary Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 9, 2016
Shifts at Jimmy John's are fast-paced and fun. Filled with an array of different obstacles that challenge your problem solving and management skills day after day.
Pros
Being a part of a fun and positive work environment
Cons
Minimal breaks over long shifts
Great atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 8, 2016
I arrived at 530 in the morning to prep all veggies, slice meat and get the store ready to operate. I learned how to work with different personalities and get along with everyone. The hardest part was arriving at 530
Pros
Great expiernce

2.7