Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Employee Reviews

A fun atmosphere with friendly faces in every direction.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts, flexible hours, easy contact with coworkers and managers, good vibes all around
Cons: Possibility for cut hours and shorter shifts.
Having worked at Jimmy Johns since 2011 I have seen nearly every aspect of the Jimmy Johns "rockstar" lifestyle. The genuine smiles from both customer and employees, hearty greetings and farewells, humorous wall decor, and the delicious gourmet sandwiches have given Jimmy Johns a well known reputation of fun, freaky fast food.
Great First Job
Inshop Employee (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2015
I really appreciate Jimmy John's business model; it works very well and the food is fresh and delicious! While it's overall culture is great, individual experiences can vary depending on the store manager and franchisee. I have experienced both encouraging and toxic work environments working at various different Jimmy John's.
Up-beat, Positive Environment, Clean, Organized, Friendly
Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great Working Environment, Hands-on Owner, Flexible Scheduling
Cons: No real growth opportunities, Training for Mgt Positions was out of state
Training new hires on the rules and regulations of the company and cooperate policies.

How to be a team leader and work as a team member as well.

The management was very helpful, respectful, hard-working, and dedicated to great service

The hardest part was being pregnant at the time I worked there, but the owner was very understanding.

The best part of working here was initially I had apply and was put on as management trainee but when I found out I was pregnant and could not fly for the out of state training and the hours were extremely long I had to decline the position. However, the owner was extremely caring an understanding she offered me the training position with her and we worked together to train the staff.

This was a awesome place to work and respect an admire the owners and management of this great company.
Fun and paced environment. Long hours and stagnant pay rates
General Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free food and never a dull moment
Cons: Stagnant manager pay, long hours, high average turnover
The company promotes from within and there are great opportunities to grow and develop employee and time management skills.

The 50 hour work week regularly turns into a 60 or 70 hour work week. If you run a location that closes at 3am then you are on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

This is a fun and fast paced job but it doesn't lend to a positive work life balance.
Typical Day and Night Work Summery
DRIVER AND PIC (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 6, 2015
Pros: manager nights you get free meals.
Cons: management went really bad
In the morning 11 am hits huge rush of orders due to all the big businesses. Lots of inshop around 11:30 am and that will continue with also deliveries going crazy and you are timed to get the sandwich ready in a certain time and also when you leave the door and get back, everything is a very fast speed pace.
To ease the stress...
In Shop (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Easy schedule and simple job
Cons: No room for benefits or advancement
I have previously been an assistant manager at Jimmy Johns, due to certain circumstances I left the company briefly and such lost my position. I usually take on that role still to ease the stress of the General Manager. I do everything from basic food prep to helping with the schedule. At times training and helping out with new employees for a short time.
Fun/Fast paced environment
Delivery Driver/Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Half off sandwiches
You really have to know what you're doing in order to be successful at Jimmy John's. The environment is fast paced, but if you are a quick learner then everything will work out for you.
Fun Workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work with a lot of great people working there too. I would recommend Jimmy John's to a job seeker. It is fast paced and high energy.
Not a bad place to work.
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free sandwiches for lunch, flexible hours, friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not compensated well as a delivery driver
I like the atmosphere of the Jimmy John's I worked at. I worked there part time for a summer job and thought the store, the management, and my coworkers were all great people that treated others fairly. I was a delivery driver, which was a fun job, but we were not compensated for our extra responsibility. We got paid the same amount as those who didn't deliver. We got to keep our tips, but it was difficult to compensate for gas/vehicle wear and tear with just tips.

Overall, it was a great summer job with friendly employees and great managers. No aspect of the job was difficult, although it did get busy at times. I enjoyed working there and I was sad to leave whenever I had to move.
Productive and Fun
In-Shop Specialist (Former Employee), La Verne, CAJuly 16, 2015
i enjoyed the atmosphere, and making people smile. My management team was always encouraging, and invested time into employees. The hardest part is running around with the oven on.
Fun and fast-paced
Sandwich Master (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Good advancement opportunities
Cons: Not understanding of sudden life complications
Everyday you walk in with everyone smiling and a lot of work already ready for you to complete. people are in at all hours of the day to eat and can always catch you off guard especially with all the duties required to do their
Overall great job
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Crestwood, ILJuly 10, 2015
I learned management skills. learned to work under pressure while still providing exceptional quality. hours are flexible. manager is great.
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 6, 2015
Come from class and go straight to work, I may clean the restrooms, wash dishes that needs to be washed, or clean tables for customer. Hardest part was coming from school to work.
Fast paced and fun work day with great managers
Area Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great salary
Cons: No scheduled breaks, Silent owners
My typical work day started at 7am and ended at 4pm. I would call all of my stores and check numbers and if they needed anything for the day. Next, I would visit each store by 11am to make sure everything looked 100% and all the systems and procedures were done with 100% integrity. My favorite part of the day would be helping each store Manager achieve target numbers (COG's and Labor) to maximize there profits. The management wasn't always great underneath me, but I do feel like I left there knowing I taught each and every one something new.
Company true to fast Service
Cashier/Deliverer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 26, 2015
Pros: discounted food within 5 hour work schedule
Cons: Not enough hours nor days
I appreciate the greatness that Jimmy Johns supervisors at my location are very caring and true to their employees. Jimmy Johns is the first employer that had given me the opportunity to be employed
Fun place to work, fast paced, good co-workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Bend, ORJune 25, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches, able to trade shifts, extra shifts if needed
Cons: poor management
Fun place to work, fast paced, enjoyed delivering to customers both to businesses and homes, good training, excellent co-workers
Productive and fun workplace
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 6, 2015
Excellent work place. A relatively stress free environment from the viewpoint of employees. Management is efficient and upbeat with a great sense of urgency. Service at the restaurant is excellent!
Enjoyable and energetic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJune 1, 2015
Jimmy Johns was a place a called home for two years. I started at a sandwich maker and progressed very quickly to Manager. All it takes to work there is high motivations and a positive attitude.
vry productive and fun enviorment to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee), mishawaka, in 46545May 27, 2015
I would either be in shop or a delivery driver. Very fast paced place to work. Cleaned when not busy, but made sub sandwiches super fast, managed paperwork and handled money. Overall the environment is fun, the co workers are a blast and the owner takes care of his employees.
Nice fun place to work
In shop worker (Former Employee), Wayne, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free sandwich when I worked, Good environment
Cons: Not much business so got boring at times
Usually went in and would start prepping food for the day. Mid day cleaning would need to be done as well as end of the night cleaning. made bread fresh daily. Very fun and co workers were very nice.
Industry