Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,742 reviews matching the search
Fun and Fast Paced
Sandwich Rockstar (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 25, 2016
The environment of Jimmy Johns is what kept me working there for a while. The environment as well as the people made this job a fun place to work. There is, however, very little room for advancement and the hours are limited. Fun place to work for a short period of time.
Fun place to work part time or seasonally
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 24, 2016
Great place to work part time as it's very low demanding at that rate. Anything past part time is where you start having problems being over worked and not getting time off. Co workers are fun and courteous and make the job worth coming to. Upper management is good but lacks communication. Lots of opportunity to move forward if you can handle a high workload with low benefits and appreciation.
Pros
Free meals, fun work place, easy to learn
Cons
No breaks, hard to get time off, upper management has issues
Rock Stars with Rock Star Attitudes
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2016
Fun and Fast environment
Employment will boost confidence
Management opportunities require sacrifices due to the entrepreneurial nature of the business model
Fun enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
A typical day at this store was pretty slow but everyone got along well so it was quite enjoyable. Great management crew and co-workers. My only problem with this place was the hours. They didn't offer as many hours as I preferred and actually cut down on my hours and requested that I did not come in for a few days due to being over on labor. Ultimately, deduction in hours led to my decision to leave this place. Otherwise this is a great place to work
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
Hour deductions
Its a great environment to be around.
I started as a sandwich artist making sandwiches (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJune 23, 2016
Jimmy Johns has a positive work environment and everyone is friendly and nice to be around. Working at Jimmy johns was a great oppurtunity and it helped me learn a lot of useful things.
The Energy is good, just not really a professional feeling enviroment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNJune 23, 2016
I usually get there at 11 in the morning and immediately I'm put on drive through, which I don't mind, I enjoy customer service. Then If needed and I'm not busy in the drive through I'll jump on line and help make sandwiches. If we are slow overall I would usually just start cleaning the entire store. which I was perfectly fine with, but now the new rule is, you can't clean until after lunch rush, which in my opinion wastes time and isn't very efficient. Plus the rule is if you work eight hours in a day you are allowed a free meal, which isn't really guaranteed until you actually work eight hours, so no lunch and you aren't allowed to bring food into the store. plus they are stingy with their breaks.
Pros
Friendly people, fast paced.
Cons
Not efficient enough, no breaks.
Delivery Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2016
Making sandwiches. Delivering food at a fast place and accurate. fast pace place. I Learned a lot about customer service.
Great job
In-Shop Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJune 22, 2016
It was a great job, working at Jimmy Johns, but towards the middle of me working there, i got exceptionally sick and wasnt able to make it into work so i was not able to work there any more. But it was a truly great atmosphere and nice staff.
Pros
discounted lunch.
Cons
there werent that many cons i can think of...just that i couldnt work at that specific time.
Productive workplace
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2016
Would lilke to see management above me step up there performance . I have learned how manage my time well. The hardest part of my job is opening on my own and having to manage people when they are standing around.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
good starting place to work.
bike delivery, cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2016
a good place to start, provided that you have adequate transportation and can deal with low amount of hours due to high volume hiring and high turnover rate.
Pros
good tips.
Cons
few hours, no employee meal, must compete with multiple dlivery drivers to make good tips.
Productive and efficient workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2016
Jimmy John's is an excellent part-time job, It is efficient and fast paced. I have learned a lot about customer service and working in an environment where one always acts with a sense of urgency. Management is in charge of maintaining an organized work place, and handling all the behind the scenes work, such as stretching bread, paper work, and routing the delivery drivers. Hardest part of the job is the urgency behind the deliveries because all deliveries have to be under 5 minutes. However, I enjoy the fast pace work because I am a fast learner and have the energy to accomplish all that I need to do.
Good Sandwiches
Night shift manger (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 19, 2016
The sandwiches are very good. A good place to work. Our sandwiches are cold cut sandwiches and we working very hard to please our customers.
Fun, relaxing place to work
Delivery Driver / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and exciting people everyday. I also enjoy getting to know my regular customers.
For working in food, it could be worse.
In-Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2016
It was too slow. Too little work which means to little pay. 20 hours a week spread out over 5 days is ridiculous. A grown man can't support himself that way.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short hours & short pay
Life at JJ's
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 15, 2016
I enjoy the fun, out-going and fast pace of my Jimmy Johns. The company is lacking in reasonable hours for their current managers. We are salaried out but yet are expected to work any day that is required of them without question. I once went 33 days without a day off and there was no thank you or appreciation for me taking time away from my son and husband to do what they asked of me.
Fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 15, 2016
Customers are usually friendly and the tasks are simple when working there. It feels good to serve customers with care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hectic when we have college football games at home. People tend to get disrespectful.
Fast paced and fun environment that keeps you interested.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 15, 2016
Jimmy Johns is one of the best places to work in the fast food restaurant business. It has an electric culture that keeps you on your toes and doesn't disappoint. The job is straight forward, easy to understand and easy to perform. Though its difficult to balance long hours and being on call 24/7 in a high stress environment with a personal life.
Pros
Fun environment, fast paced work, always busy
Cons
Long hours, high stress, always on call to come in
Good student job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 14, 2016
very flexible, good money, walk out with cash daily, fast paced, good people, nice customers, busy
understanding
Very Clean
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 14, 2016
Everyone is friendly for the most part. The place is kept clean, its the cleanest sandwich place I have ever been in. The management is fair, easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job is memorizing the menu, the easiest part is probably learning how to operate the register and phones
Pros
free lunch, clean work space
Cons
long hours with no work, dont always make many tips, doesnt pay much
I liked making sandwiches and delivering
Jimmy Johns (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 14, 2016
Made sandwiches within 30 seconds, made our own fresh bread, sliced meats, vegetables, cleaning dishes, cash register, drive thru and delivered sandwiches.
Pros
Free sandwiches with a 10 hour shift
Cons
Management, pay