Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Nice fun place to work
In shop worker (Former Employee), Wayne, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free sandwich when I worked, Good environment
Cons: Not much business so got boring at times
Usually went in and would start prepping food for the day. Mid day cleaning would need to be done as well as end of the night cleaning. made bread fresh daily. Very fun and co workers were very nice.
Depends on the store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 15, 2015
It's a great place to work at. It really matters where you get in and the management running said store. If you get trapped in a store with poor management they won't let you leave.
Fast Paced Workplace, stay on your toes
Driver/ In Shop/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: 50 cents off
I learned about proper management in a fast food kitchen during my employment at JJ's. I found out how to make myself keep working all day and everywhere lettuce can get. Mostly, I was able to sharpen my skills for up selling here on the discerning clientele base. The people JJ's hires though, I find that most of them rule.
Quick and fun working environment
Person In Charge (Former Employee), Bend, ORApril 29, 2015
it was a fun working environment and I got along well with my other employees. The benefits for the employees did leave something to be desired due to the fact that other than two dollars off a sandwich right before or after your shift, there weren't any other benefits unless you worked 8 hours when you were given a free sandwich and side. It was monotonous work at a very quick pace but enjoyable anyway.
Hard-Working Bosses
Driver (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 27, 2015
Pros: Tips, smell, high energy
Cons: Exhausting at times
The managers here work harder than the entry employees. The result is an incredibly fast workplace where everyone feels like they are treated equally. As a driver, working harder actually tends to mean more money.
Horrible working environment
Inshop (Current Employee), Valencia, CAApril 21, 2015
The owner of this establishment is unfair and two-faced with her employees, she does not particularly care about you unless you're interfering with her productivity, and often lies about situations when brought up to her.
Good atmosphere and culture
General Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: Pay structure is subpar
Jimmy Johns has a good, fun atmosphere with tasty sandwiches. There is lots of room for advancement and improvement. The days are long but time passes fast as there is always lots to do.
Family life atmosphere
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, happy customers.
Cons: Minimum wage job.
This is a minimum wage job, good for high school graduates who need a job flexible enough for college. But not good enough pay to live on. Every day you make sandwiches or deliver them, it depends on if you are a driver or you work in the store. I learned leadership skills and problem solving skills since people are very particular about their sandwiches. I sort of like my co-workers, most of them do not share my interests. The hardest part was lack of compensation, but the best part was the overall flexibility.
good high school/collage extra money
sandwichmaker store cleaner delivery driver (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, NormanApril 3, 2015
Pros: quick cash for people who have no job or skills
Cons: no benifits, no stable hours, the feeling that your being taken avantage off. high turnover rate of employees
I didn't like the job from the beginning, the management is poor and treats you like nothing but dirt. I was given a delivery out of the area, taken by a driver or sandwich maker and sent home for the night because I "took to long to deliver." I explained the delivery was out of the area management didn't care. Jimmy John's does not care about taking turns for drivers delivery's. If your stuck making a sandwich at the counter, the next driver that comes back from a delivery will "see a delivery and leave with your run." This can happen a few times until a manager says take this delivery. Your are paid less than minimum wage+.04% of your deliveries sales. This is because you a Tipped Employee. They are not required to minimum wage. After the Tips after Gas, Ware and tear on my Tires, oil changes and brakes comes to about 8.50$. The tips were bad 1.45-.95 cents If you were lucky 2 bucks. I maid 13-23 dollars a night minus gas for a shift that started a 5pm-12:20am. They don't care about your schedule out side of work. Like someone else said you really have to put your foot down and say I have to leave... If you have to study for a class or pick up a kid or something. "forget that idea" they will eliminate you schedule for that. No benefits. I guess they think every college kid is on the parents health insurance and can use there moms and dads car to drive it in to the ground. Oh and it not drive safe. It says it on the phone scrip. " Take the order and tell them 20-25 mins get it there in 10-15. They Do Not Care about Driving Safe!!!. At the store in Ann Arbor Michigan they used to let you get a free sub in 2003. I herd now employees get noting for free. At the store in Norman Oklahoma, were I worked at in 2010 there are no free subs just 1/2 off. The Big Money goes to the general manager 1800$-2200 week in bonus pay and salary. nothing for the workers your expendable and be replaced quickly.
Great part time job
Jimmy John's Driver (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 19, 2015
I deliver food to a busy business district, the franchise management is all about speed and orders while providing a flexible work schedule.
Very friendly enviroment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good eviroment, good food
Cons: hectic at times, hard to find replacement workers
A typical day at Jimmy John's as a delivery driver starts with deliveries most days, and cleaning if there aren't any deliveries. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction. The management is very good, every manager was fun to be around and knew how to do their job. My coworkers varied from anxious to laid back, all are very enjoyable though. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customers or incorrect information for deliveries. The most enjoyable part of this job is at the end of the shift when you get to take your tips home.
personal growth
Cashier (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: location at the time, good training
Cons: no healthcare, inconsisitent hours
Co-workers very friendly and helpful in this fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customers and the interaction with the public. The hardest part was the fast paced action. I learned that I enjoy working with a friendly, hardworking staff. I also learned that I am a very capable, and hardworking individual.
Good company to work for
Jimmy Johns delivery driver/in shop kitchen worker (Current Employee), Henderson, NevadaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food, good customers, and good benifits
Cons: bad management, no breaks, horrible scheduling, and the way of handling situations is backwards.
The management is not so good, they do not have very good business ethics. The co-workers are good people, but are not very dependable.
fast paced
sandwhich artist (Current Employee), Cypress, TXJanuary 31, 2015
a typical day at this job is making fast paced sandwiches, I enjoyed my co workers and the comfortable environment they set up for the o workers. the most enjoyable part about the job was the sandwiches and chips
I enjoyed my co-workers but their job culture is horrible.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours, little pay, no benefits
This job consisted of food prep, customer service, deliveries, cash handling, etc. A typical day was okay because you work with amazing fun people, but upper management is absolutely horrible. When you work for this corporation you can't help but feel you're being taken advantage of.
Overall good place to work.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day is just making sandwiches when people come in and cleaning the store multiple times throughout the day to occupy time if there was a lull in business. Management was decent, co-workers were excellent, great environment to work in, and overall just a good place to work.
good job for the time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 13, 2015
long hours but the pay contoured that. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with and for
A fun and happy environment
In Shop (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 12, 2015
Jimmy John's Is one of the funniest places to work in Utah. They are always happy to arrive to work and start the day. Most employees at Jimmy John's stay there and are in for the count. Yes you only make minim wage but you cant find that kind of environment anywhere else.
A Bit Much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: long, non flexible hours
While managing at Jimmy Johns, there is not time to do anything but Jimmy Johns.
Fun people unstable hours
Meat Puller (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 28, 2014
The culture is pretty fun, a great job for college students. The unstable hours and shift cutting make it hard to rely on as a primary source of income. Sanitation standards are well kept, fairly standard for a minimum wage food service job.

1 2 3 4 5