Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 2,727 reviews matching the search
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMay 22, 2017
Honestly my favorite place I've worked. The culture was excellent, it was relaxed in many ways, you were allowed to joke around when there was some downtime, but when work needed to get done, everyone knew what to do and got their job done.
Bottom of the barrell
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2017
This is the job you take when you don't have any other options but still don't like the idea of having absolutely no money in your account. Free smells!
Just a Number
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 21, 2017
Jimy Johns does not care about their workers-they come in and out and are treated horribly. Staff is more experienced than managers, and its just so corporate.
Great resume builder
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 21, 2017
Gained significant experience in customer service, business management and general skills here.

Awesome bonuses; however, at times harder to meet goal criteria.
Overall a good job
Jimmy Johns (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 21, 2017
The managers were friendly and nice. Worked around my schedule and made sure everything was done correct. Made sure I learned what and how to do everything. Made sure everyone was involved.
Not like it used to be.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILMay 21, 2017
The management of the establishment I was working were not good people (legal troubles). For taking deliveries, they used to let the drivers keep the entire tip amount, no questions asked, as long as you gave back the $20 you started the day with. Now they tax your tips. Which would be okay if you were not using your own vehicle. But that job will put wear on our tires, deplete your oil life, and mileage.
Pros
Busy company, so more money.
Cons
Too strict of rules for employees.
Great job for any young adult
Assistant Mananger (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2017
Fast paced, sandwich shop with decent management. Depending on location, you could have strange and stressful hours. Advancement is fast and slow however Men seem to move up faster than Women.
Pros
free meal if you work more than 6 hours
Cons
pay
Laid-back atmosphere and fun people
Inshop (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 20, 2017
Working at Jimmy John's is nice because when it's slow, we have nice downtime even while cleaning or doing some sort of work. The people I work with are nice and make working there enjoyable. The aren't any real benefits though because all we get is 50 cents off a sandwich and to get a free meal you have to work 10 straight hours in a day or be a manager.
Very Fun Positive place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 20, 2017
I loved working for jimmy john's
Everyone treated you like family!
They respected you, they treated everyone with respect. Very professional with customers
Created a bond with customers
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Comfortable and hard working environment, with lots of chance for advancement
In shop worker (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 20, 2017
The management was great as well as the environment. Always felt as though I had something I could be doing to help. I loved the people I worked with they made the job easier.
Nice people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2017
Pretty good people who worked at my jjs. Pay was okay. The idea of how replaceable I was, was a very real issue for me and managers. When it came down to it though it was a day job.
Pros
Good people. Alright food.
Cons
No breaks.
try to keep up
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 19, 2017
a typical day here will have you running! seriously when they say hussle they mean it. tho this job is an easy learning experence I feel some of the things here could use a slower pace. management when i was here was great at handleing a team and motivating them to work hard. the culture is a bit different and interesting. the hardest part is as i said trying to keep up. the easy part is making the food.
Productive, fun work place and fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2017
Being a leader of others to do their job, be on time and make sure the customers needs are met and keep a steady pace. I'm a very hard worker and capable of meeting expectations and goals.
Productive and Balanced Work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 19, 2017
Working here taught me to be versatile in my work, learning to be attentive to several different aspects of working in a restaurant environment while also delivering food to customers.
fast paced work place with decent management
Delivery Driver + Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHMay 19, 2017
I often regret leaving this place because the management was fantastic, and it was a great work environment to be in overall. I loved the other employees and the managers were always understanding of emergencies. Everyone had each others backs and I would definitely work here again.
Pros
1/2 off lunches, stable schedule
Cons
talking too much with other employees
Great First Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL 32073May 19, 2017
Honestly I loved working at Jimmy John's. Great people, relaxed environment, and awesome perks. They gave us a free sub every day for lunch. The tips were also nice knowing you would go home with money in your pocket every day
Good Job For College Kid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 19, 2017
If you were a driver you would get in there at the earliest 10am and work until about 2 making deliveries. With tips you can make some pretty decent money. Lot of turnover people always trading shifts.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not a career
waste of time
Inshop worker (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 18, 2017
great as a highschoolers job, useless otherwise. not enough pay or hours. better off delivering for a different food chain. everyone gets screwed either way.
Pros
none really.
Cons
everything
Fun and Fast Sub Shop
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 18, 2017
Made and prepared gourmet sandwiches in 30 seconds or less, sanitized work stations, eating areas, and restrooms, cashiered and provided costumer service.
Typical College Job
Gourmet Sandwich Chef, Cashier and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 18, 2017
Typical part-time job ideal for college students who want to make some money on the side. Employees and management were generally relaxed and easy going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7