Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

It's a fast food joint
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 19, 2017
Working at Jimmy Johns probably isn't going to be any different from working at any other fast food joint, especially for drivers. You are expected to learn everything about Jimmy John's, which isn't really all that unfair, but they give you about 4 hours worth of training and expect you to be perfect at the job after that.
Pros
Cons
The job.
Money to be made and fun to be had.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL 61265October 19, 2017
Fun place to work if youre looking for a 2nd job or youre in highschool. Not a serious work environment, not a lot of hours to work unless your a manager.
Fast-paced working area
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work included daily cleaning and sandwich making. At this job I learned register skills and better ways of dealing with customers. Management could be way more professional. The hardest part about the job was learning to make the sandwiches at such fast pace but after the first couple times it got easier. The best part about the job was being able to have fun on the job with other coworkers. Always a positive vibe with everybody.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks unless working more than 8 hours
Sad, distant relationships with management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 17, 2017
The management team made me and most other team members feel like nothing more than a machine paid to accomplish a task with no concern for our personal lives and no consideration how we feel about our work lives.
Pros
If you work guaranteed 8 hours you get a meal on the house
Cons
Distant lack of concern or consideration for team, constantly ridiculed for not being perfect
Nice entry job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working at Jimmy Johns is a standard summer type job. Delivery driver is probably the best position. You're on your own a lot of the time delivering sandwiches so you can listen to music and you also get tips so you tend to make more money. Evenings can be pretty slow.
Pros
Easy job, Work with some cool people
Cons
Set schedule, Low pay
Good Place to Work
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here, it was somewhat slow-paced because it was a new store. (It is very busy now). Responsibilities included cashier work, food preparation and keeping the store clean and ordering supplies.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at Jimmy Johns was fast paced and fun to work at. I learned to make deliveries within a 19 min time frame.
I also learned to take over the phone and in shop orders. Cleaned shop and greeted customers.
Great work atmosphere, quick paces work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
My typical day at jimmy johns involves handling cash register/ money, controlling COGS and Labor percentage, taking stock of inventory in the house, placing and receiving truck orders for weekly use. Iv learned how to schedule employees based on availability. In management my sense of urgency has been steady and implementing good work ethic to new hires, and old. Hardest part of the job isn't any one thing in general and overall it isn't that hard but it would have to be being able to catch any curve ball thrown at you in the field, aka job atmosphere, which i had down because after im in the groove and atmosphere of the work place, im precise with me work!
Pros
1 week paid vacation once a year
Cons
inconsistent pay
Easy
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 16, 2017
Jimmy johns is a fast paced job. Hours are flexible and they let you choose your schedule ( days ) you can and cant work online. Also discount on your lunch if you are working all day and have a 2 hour break in between
Fast paced, Very few hours
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 16, 2017
I liked the fact that the shifts were always consistent and mostly always during the day. The shifts averaged 3 hours monday-friday. weekdays were much busier than weekends. Management was on top of things and it was a competitive work place
Pros
discounts on sandwiches, cool work environment
Cons
shortage of hours

Want to know more about Jimmy John's Sandwiches?

Ask a question
Not good
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDOctober 16, 2017
They are mean and duck and they aren’t nice to their amployees and only take the word of the managers and don’t care about the employees at all. Very rude and unprofessional
Very poor ownership and management
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 15, 2017
The GM never shows up so all the employees have to do his job for him without getting paid for it and this will not change because the GM is the owner's son.
Fun!
Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 15, 2017
A typical day at work included making many sandwiches, not delivering many sandwiches and dealing with difficult workers. Management failed to hire very dependable workers, as well as failing to teach new managers exactly how to motivate employees.
Lack of compatible staff.
Inshopper (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2017
They hire just about anyone which includes many incompetent people who can not complete a simple task. If you are a quality employee than you will basically be carrying the whole store on your back while everyone else stands around struggling to put ice into a cup.
Pros
Free food if you work 8 hours
Cons
No breaks, have to clean all day
Review summary
Jimmy Johns (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 14, 2017
it was okay i guess. the bread was good. work itself was fun. the people were better than the actual work. the manager sucked. he was very rude and sexist.
Pros
occasional free stuff
Cons
$2 off discount
Fun workplace, great for entry-level work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39531October 14, 2017
I loved working at Jimmy John's. The workload is similar to other fast food chains, but you deal with significantly less grease or oil of any kind, and consequently, there's far less work required for clean-up and you don't go home reeking of grease, either. Lunch rushes are fast-paced and can be stressful under certain circumstances, but with good managers, they're fun and go by quickly. The people I've met working at Jimmy John's cover a vast array of personality types, backgrounds, and cultures. I've learned a great deal about people and the world we live in from my co-workers. I'd say they are both the hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job. Every company has its complainers, and this is one of the lightest workloads I've ever experienced from a job, so our token complainers become extra tiresome. However, they're in the minority of the overall attitudes of employees at Jimmy John's, and it's everyone else who makes the job exceptional.
Pros
Light workloads
Cons
Case-by-case determination of starting wage
A great starting job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 14, 2017
A great starting job with a strong sense of teamwork.The company acknowledges hard work and promotes from within the company those who are able to work the most efficiently
Pros
Easy job advancement
Easy-going
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 14, 2017
Fun place, great people, fast-paced. Fairly easy work no matter what position you're in with supportive co-workers that are always willing to helo out with anything you need.
Fast sandwiches, alright tips
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIOctober 13, 2017
The job itself wasn't bad in anyway, but relying on people's generosity for your salary isn't always the most reliable form of payment. Especially due to the area I worked, I got used to bad tips.
Fast paced work environment with occasional stress.
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 13, 2017
Typical work day includes veggie prep, stretching and baking bread, slicing meat and cheese. Providing leadership for employees and making sure all shifts are covered with adequate personnel. Hardest part of the job is keeping qualified staff.
Pros
Learning leadership skills and management techniques
Cons
Low pay and high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7