Jimmy John's Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Found 3,069 reviews matching the search
It was different
(PIC/ Shift Leader) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 25, 2017
Jimmy johns was my first real job, i learned a lot on how the real world worked. This place started off amazing, then it seemed like the store I worked at started to crash and burn, people started leaving and new people were hired, people got promotions who did not deserve them and it seemed like nobody knew what they were actually doing- because of this I had to transfer stores. I ended up quitting because of all the drama! But i have gone back there to eat and all the people from the original staff was running everything and it seemed to be getting back up off the ground.
Terrible Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 25, 2017
Jimmy John's usually hard working people, but no one knew how to communicate well which led to people not doing the right job correctly the first time
Pros
Got an employee discount
Cons
Stressful and hectic environment
Eh
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 24, 2017
A typical day it could be busy like all get out or just dead

Most enjoyable is some of the people that work there... Most

I learned how to make one gosh darn heck of a sandwich
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Hours
I love the people that work there!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTJuly 24, 2017
It starts with prep then costumers come in waves with time between to talk and clean, but then more people show up wanting a foot long and get mad that we don't have diet Dr pepper. but i feel thats with every fast food place. when people are hungry they get rude.
over all i would say its the place to work if you want a good stedy job and if your a driver you make bank with tips... sometimes
Pros
good staff
Cons
none its a job they suck sometimes but thats how it gose
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2017
This job is awesome. I've worked at multiple locations and loved it each time. People are chill, but you need to be productive. The workplace is clean and safe, and the management helps you get the job done.
fast paced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 24, 2017
open the store prepare food and products. assist with orders. manager labor and food cost. In charge of hiring, disciplining, and firing staff. Cash handling.
Pros
free lunch
A very fun place to work, learned a lot of management skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKJuly 24, 2017
Learned management skills, had a lot of life balance. This current place of work, for me, is a job for anyone. A very welcoming environment with a lot of room to move up.
Pros
A lot of available hours
Cons
No benefits
Nice place to start as a first job
Delievery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2017
Worked there as a second job. It was a nice place to work at. Nice environment and joyful place to work in. Would totally recommend Jimmy Johns for the looming to work for the very first time or even a small part time job to make a little extra cash.
Good place to work while job hunting
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work and make ends meat while I searched for a professional job. My manager(s) was great, the hours were very flexible yet predictable, and it paid enough to survive in a very rent stressed city. The owner is a douche, but it's easy to commiserate with customers about (better tips). They make mediocre/decent sandwiches that don't take long to get there. That is their business model/proposition and it works perfectly for what I am needing right now.
Pros
Many deliveries, simple menu, easy deliveries
Cons
Small per $dollar order amount, Need to take at least 4 deliveries per hour to make significant income to survivee
It was a rough go of it
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2017
Management was rude and inexperienced.
The CEO of Jimmy Johns is a poacher of our great planets endangered species. The family of the company is going to single-handedly destroy our ecosystem and it's not even a fun place to work.
Pros
It smelled good in the store and the food is yummy
Cons
The food is overpriced and everything else was awful
Great and Easy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 23, 2017
Jimmy Johns was a great and easy job. It helped me on my customer service and how to speak to different types of people. The owner down to the managers were very loving people and actually cared for you. I recommend this job to any high school student or college student trying to make decent money while going to school.
love this place
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 23, 2017
i love the food and the people and the service is awesome and fast the drivers are friendly and do their best to be on time and make it fast. the bosses are fun and friendly and the training was amazing
good place to work
Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work if you need to get back on your feet. there is always hours available. The work is easy and everything is laid out for you. though you will be working fast tog et thing done in time.
Not very good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 23, 2017
Management was rude toward me and other workers. I did learn good costumer communication skills and time management skills while working there though.
Paid-okish but then it got bad
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there for a couple of months but, then it started to become very stressful. Worked waaaaay more hours than said 80+ a week. Had to deal with multiple customer complaints due to the previous manager. Also had a staff that all had only worked for less then a month. I was expected to keep up with a million dollar a year store with little to no help, I do it again if I would have had the help I asked for and maybe I would still be there.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High stress enviroment, little to no breeaks, 80+ work week
Fun place to work because i had previous experience
Inshop (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 21, 2017
I loved working with Jimmy johns because it was a fun place to work. Pleasing my customers in a timely manner, making thirty second sandwiches and also making sure the store was clean when we didn't have any customers.
Pros
Lean how to be on a more timely manner
Cons
Business
Fun Place to work, a great stepping stone
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2017
Jimmy John's is a great way to learn teamwork and prepare for retail management . The lack of benefits for full timers keeps many from staying employed there very long.
Worst owner ever
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJuly 20, 2017
dont even bother trying to work at this Jimmy's . The owner was a complete jerk and god help you. I dont know what else to say other than good luck and I hope to never encounter him again
.50 cent discount on food. Woohoo
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 20, 2017
Over worked, under paid and under appreciated pretty much sums up my employment at Jimmy Johns. Theres little to no balance between your home life and work life for management. Extremely stressful.
Fast-paced food industry business
PIC (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 20, 2017
A usual day at work included, stretching and baking bread, using the cash register, answering phones and taking orders, helping drivers with preparing their deliveries, consulting customers who desired to have a catering order made, and opening/closing the store. The hardest part of the job was that the particular store I worked at tended to the bar rush, so being able to keep calm in a stressful environment with possibly hostile intoxicated customers was a must. The most enjoyable part were the people you would be able to work with.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
No opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy John's Sandwiches. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7