Jimmy John's Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome job to work super fun enviroment
Mayo master/Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 29, 2016
I've worked at jimmy johns for 4 years and I've been a manager for the last 7 months, it was always a super fun workplace filled with funny goofy people of all ages. pay is adequate, time off is usually always granted ( at least where i worked). always active and fast paced, really good job for students who are looking for either part or full time.
was a decent job for the time being
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 29, 2016
I was employed with Jimmy John's during the end of high school and beginning of my high school career. typical fast food environment, management was mediocre, people were fun to work with though.
Fun & Fast Paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79902April 26, 2016
Its a great place to work, they work with you and your schedual. the hardest thing about working at jimmy johns is learning how to make a sub freaky fast
Fun workplace for college students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 18, 2016
This is a good job for a college student. There's very little responsibility and very good scheduling. I loved this job because I went in to work and as long as I did my job, I was set.
Pros
Good for school
the jobs pretty much what you expect.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2016
Jimmy John's is known best for its really fast deliveries. in order to do that they hire a dozen drivers to work the rush which is about 2-3 hours long and then they send you home meaning as a driver you only get 10-15 hours of work a week.
Pros
shifts go quick, ok tips.
Cons
not a whole lot of hours, pretty unfulfilling
Fun place
Customer service and answering phone calls (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 13, 2016
Its a fun place to start work but for working too long you'll find yourself realizing that job prohibits you from advancing your life in the direction you want.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Work environment and workers
Loved working there
In-shop/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2016
I had a great time working there. I learned a lot, met a lot of great people and enjoyed making sandwiches. It made working a lot more fun and easier to work long days.
Fair starting job with good work environment
Delivery driver and in-store worker (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHApril 12, 2016
- Work is easy
- Managers are fair and are are approachable
- I've learned much about costumer service by delivering and working in the store
- While some of the co-workers were slower due to high employee turn over, they are mostly friendly and it is fun to work with them
- Hardest part of Jimmy John's is closing the store, which does not require very much energy
Pros
not complex, options to make a decent living
Cons
Overstaffed, too many new workers
Productive and a little fun with no pingpong table
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 5, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The staff are friendly, and the hours are good. I wish they provided lunch, but you can't have everything. I really enjoyed interacting with the customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Close to home, fantastic tips
Cons
No lunch
Dead End
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2016
A typical of work is doing deliveries, taking food orders over the phone and cleaning the store. Most co-workers are drug users such as marijuana and coke also the owner does coke too. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving
Pros
Free lunch*
Cons
Terrible management
Excellent place to be!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 31, 2016
But only if you are looking for something to supplement your income. You cant raise a family on it unless you are a General Manager or higher. Other than that its a Awesome place to work!
Pros
Up beat and fast paced
Cons
minimum wage
Franchise owner was cool but corporate can be a pain.
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 30, 2016
Sometimes Corporate was a bit picky about weird things. Other than that it seems to be just like any other food job. Managing for this company was pretty alright.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management
Delivery Driver & In-Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIMarch 30, 2016
After working at Jimmy John's, I can only say that management can make or break a job. I enjoyed my job and my fellow employees so much that I looked forward to going to work. It was easy work for a fair price. The hardest part of my job was handling customer complaints in a college town where many times customers were intoxicated. Sadly, my time at this job ended due to prejudice from a manager.
Pros
Meal compensation, outstanding working staff, easy
Cons
Horrible management, lack of communication
Uncaring Company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 29, 2016
This job is an easy quick hire job if that's what your looking for. Don't expect much job growth unless you know someone in a higher position. Managers and employees have a lack of the respect for each other as well as themselves
Cons
No breaks, No job growth opportunities
Excellent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2016
Take food orders from customers and delivery of food orders.
Great atmosphire
Awesome co-workers
Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers.
Decent work place if you enjoy that type of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2016
not a bad place to work, high job security. not going to pay your bills. opportunity for advancement if you want it. very detail oriented work environment. can be hard to satisfy customer needs within corporate guidelines.
Cons
no benefits
Easy tasks
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 23, 2016
making sandwiches are fun but i don't necessarily like the people i work with. they tend to get into your business and try to put their 2 cents in everything.
Pros
free lunches (8 hour shifts)
Cons
pay
Simple but fast-paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 21, 2016
Jimmy John's was my first job, and compared to my other two jobs, I consider it a great place get your your feet wet when it comes to first getting a job. Jimmy John's is a quick paced environment and although there aren't a large variety of sandwiches, they're all endlessly modifiable and quality is key (along with being "freaky fast"). I've learned so much about guest service, managing coworkers and being under management under good and bad days, following orders and ensuring that the store always runs the best it can, and that relies on everyone working there. My coworkers are, for the most part, really energized and actually care about quality and getting the work done efficiently. The hardest part of the job sometimes is getting work done even on my bad days; if such and such went wrong and so-and-so person wasn't being helpful, etc - sometimes finding motivation is the toughest thing. The most enjoyable part of the job is usually my coworkers. I really enjoy working with them and helping them further themselves within the job.
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Worst place to work
Delivery Driver/cashier (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 13, 2016
I only worked there for two months, but in those two months they did not pay for my gas milage for delivering the food, the delivery range was so small, and they did not get much business, so when I was going out on a delivery, I was stuck in the shop and still making the same pay as if I was out on a delivery.
fast pace
Inshop worker (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMarch 12, 2016
it is a good part time job that is fast pace.The best part about the job was being a delivery driver. The management was really good about working around scheduling.

2.6