Jimmy Johns

Jimmy Johns Employer Reviews

Very fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometime there til 5 am
Went in, prepped and made sandwiches unless I had to deliver them. Only hot thing in the entire building was the bread oven, making a nice environment inside. The most enjoyable part of the job to me honestly was making the sandwiches. The hardest part was the closing and cleaning process, which didn't take much.
Fast past work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Laporte INApril 8, 2014
The management was great and it was a really good place to work at. We all got a long great, everyone was very friendly.
Fun environment but can also get very chaotic.
Driver (Former Employee), Athens, OHApril 8, 2014
Pros: being a driver i brought home tips everyday.
Cons: not enough hours, made under minimum wage.
Being in the center of campus our location could get very busy on curtain days. Our management would provide music for us to listen to while we worked. Management was also very strict and specific on how we did things. Working as a driver guaranteed long nights and dealing with rowdy students. The most difficult part of the job was closing the store – more... mainly because we could be in there for a very long time sometime until 7 am, and the second most difficult thing was making sure we delivered orders in a nice timely fashion which was a lot of pressure because jimmy johns takes pride in being "freaky fast" .The most enjoyable part of this job would have been making tips and interacting with my coworkers who i gained good relationships with. – less
Awesome
Area Manager (Current Employee), Green BayApril 7, 2014
Great company to work for however looking for better advancement opportunities.
One of the most fun and supportive jobs to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mankato, MNApril 5, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, great crew, great management, fixed schedule, etc
Cons: no room for raises, very low gas compensation, etc.
A typical day at work was filled with rushes and down periods. When it was busy, everyone worked hard to get orders filled and out the door or in the customer's hands. When it was slow, we all put our heads down and cleaned and stocked to get ready for the next rush.

I learned a lot about filling out orders, understanding intoxicated customers on the – more... phone or in person, using mental math to calculate quick totals, etc.

My management was amazing. They were always supportive and understanding. They were strict when they needed to be and a blast to work with when it was appropriate. They were all dedicated to making the days and nights work smoothly and for everyone to have fun.

My co-workers were just as awesome as the management. They were there to have fun, support each other and get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was probably when it was really nasty outside and we only had a couple people working instead of the normal crew. Orders would get backed up because we didn't have enough drivers, drivers would get hurt by slipping on the ice, and it was just stressful to try and be quick, as well as, safe.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just being with the other workers. We made the atmosphere fun, with an edge to get things done. We made games for ourselves as drivers to see (without exceeding the speed limits and being safe) how fast each person could be on a delivery or if someone was going to a far away address, how many deliveries the other driver could get in. The music was always loud, there were always smiles on our faces and our customer's faces as well. There was never a dull moment. – less
typical work day
Cashier/Sandwich-Maker/Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: no breaks or healthcare benefits but its a part-time job
The job is pretty easy i learned how to manage people and do all my work in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job would have been the management it just seemed like the managers wanted to talk to the employees how they wanted to.
not a bad place to work
Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 4, 2014
jimmy johns is awesome, bushwood investments is not the franchise you want to work under.
Great paced restaurant, short pay but advancement opportunites
Guerilla Marketing/Cashier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Matteson, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: tips, flexible hours
Cons: long hours at minmum wage
Typical day was delivery driving to local home owners and business orders, and I learned that if you meet the right people you can keep connections for future plans/goals. Management was like family to me so we were always on the same team and my co-workers were a funny bunch of people I will never forget.
fun place
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Charter Township of Commerce, MIMarch 31, 2014
work there its so fun

i loved it
the coworkers
are great
the customers were great
i would apply and work there
Fun productive workplace
in-shop (Former Employee), Litchfield Park, AZMarch 31, 2014
Good place to work if your fast. Nice co-workers and managers. uplifting environment.
Fast paced, organized and fun
In-Shop (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2014
Make sandwiches, handle money, answer phones, prep and routine cleaning.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2014
Typical day at jimmy john is just Deliveing sandwiches and talking to customers. I learned at jimmy johns is to be able bake bread the jimmy johns way. Management is great very respectful. The workers very nice and helpful. the hardest part of the job is when things get slow the general manager have to send some people home and the first to go is the – more... drivers. i enjoy working there. – less
Easygoing and Fun Place To Work
Catering Manager/ Driver (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 20, 2014
Pros: discounts on food, short shifts, very flexible
Cons: angry customers, physically demanding
Shifts vary from 3-6 hours a day generally, they have a set schedule, the employees will help with anything you need to learn, it offers much more independent freedom than any job Ive ever had.
An upbeat, and fast paced enviroment.
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Saint John, INMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work at Jimmy John's wasextremely consistent, fast work doing maintenance, making sandwiches, and taking orders on the register. Everyone was upbeat, fast, and always on their feet.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free meals.
Cons: no breaks. no type of healthcare benefits.
hardest part about working for jimmy johns is you gotta keep a fast paced going during our lunch rush hours.
Upbeat sandwich shop
General Manager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, NCMarch 14, 2014
A typical day started with me opening the store following systems and procedures. I would manage a staff of about 10 people and help organize deliveries. I learned basic HR functions, how to interview applicants, sense of urgency, inventory, truck order and perfected my customer service skills. There really wasn't a hard part about the job it was pretty – more... simple as long as I stuck to the system. I enjoyed creating a staff that wanted to participate on satisfying every customer that came through the doors. Also I took pride in knowing I ran the store and everything would reflect on me. – less
Terrible management
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Ammon, IDMarch 11, 2014
Jimmy Johns lets people into management quickly and they sometimes don't know what they're doing. Working isn't bad at all, but the training program isn't very accurate. The food is wonderful, and they let you listen to music. Also the customers are always really grateful when you deliver their food.
can be fun, but alot of drama
PIC/crew member (Former Employee), Alliance OhioMarch 10, 2014
Can be a fun place to work, but management fails to follow disciplinary procedures.
Fun job, Leads nowhere
Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2014
My review of the Jimmy Johns, I loved working in this fast-paced environment. I would start the day at 6am by slicing all the vegetables, stocking the table, auditing last nights close, and preparing bread for lunch. The employees would show up, around 11 o' clock am. The bulk of our business was usually between 11:45am - 1:30pm. During this time, I – more... would orchestrate the employees. Filling in any spots that need be, routing deliveries, dealing with customer complaints, and greeting them as they came through the door.The business owner would arrive at 11:30am and leave as soon as lunch rush was over.

Soon after the lunch rush was completed, we worked on breaking down one of the 2 cold tables. That is when the dishes would get topped off, and immediately get to slicing. There is only a small window in which you have to slice for the day. Which is between 1:30pm - 3:30pm, during this time it felt as if I were ball and chain to the machine. Depending on the business during that day we would have more or less slicing. Sometimes the slicing wouldn't get completed until the store closed. Constantly Understaffed, and being forced into doing this for far longer than anyone should have to. I was the lone ranger of the store, with another person in charge that worked opposite shifts than I did. I worked 55-60 hours a week. I covered most shifts that needed to be. Approaching 4pm we would settle out the drivers, and complete shift change. Datasym was the software system in place.

While working for this Jimmy Johns, I was never late, nor missed a day of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, as I gained their respect through my hard work. – less
Very fast paced working environment. Fun staff and upbeat culture.
Sandwich artist and Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, IlMarch 8, 2014
Pros: kept me always on the move and had an upbeat work environment.
Cons: delivering caused a lot of gas purchases.
I took customers orders and made the orders as well as delivered them. Learned how to maintain a work schedule while balancing multiple tasks at once. Co-workers were very helpful and we all worked together. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different sandwiches but came naturally after some time. The most enjoyable part was delivering – more... the orders and meeting new people between every transaction. – less

1 2 3 4 5