Jive Communications Employee Reviews

Good Place To Work If You Live In Utah
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 18, 2017
Company culture is one of - If it ain't Utah, It ain't. Remote employees are treated like second class citizens. On site receive perks like free lunches and breakfasts. Employee retreats payed by the company and Christmas parties that the employee has to pay travel expenses to attend.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
No respect or consideration for remote employees
Great company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 17, 2017
This is a really great company. The job was just a little more technologically advanced than my experience allowed. They provided services for businesses with VoIP, I could set up dial plans but the troubleshooting part of the job is what I struggled with. They have a great benefit package and also provide lunch for employees through catering companies each day for a minimal fee that can be deducted per pay period. Overall would highly recommend this employer if you have experience as a technical support person.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
complete technical support job not geared for just basic customer service
Low Pay
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Low paying based on market comparison
Health insurance is no longer free
Limited advancement opportunities
Jobs posted are for external hires, rather than open for current employees.
Understaffed in most departments
High turnover rate
We are one big family with great benefits!
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work, everyone is very nice and we are growing really fast so there's plenty of opportunities for advancement. The benefits are great! and the culture is like I've seen in very few places. Lots of friends, it feels like we are one big family.
Pros
Cost reduced meals, great medical and dental insurance.
Cons
Our permanent building is taking longer to get built.
Excellent Company Culture
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 26, 2016
Above everything that makes Jive a great employer to work for is the fact that Jive is "human".

To elaborate briefly, they are professionally minded and seek to provide a top class service/product, but they are also mindful of the fact that people have lives outside the company, and allow plenty of room for autonomy.

My management is very hands off, which I love, and very supportive to my professional growth. They provide me with adequate opportunity and training to be proficient at what I do, as well as to develop skills that will benefit me professionally wherever my career may lead.

Compensation is wonderfully fair and the benefits are great.
Fun environment with the opportunity to advance!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 25, 2016
Jive's work environment is always enjoyable and keeps me happy coming back day after day. The opportunities to grow within the company are endless. There are a lot of diverse departments that offer fun positions.
You can make a career at Jive
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive took me in as an intern and spent the time, money, and resources to ensure I had the best experience possible. I was NEVER treated as an intern but rather as a contributing team member. They wanted to make sure I developed the skills necessary to be successful in my next opportunity. Turned out that following my internship, an opportunity was available for me at Jive and I was hired on as a full-time employee.

It is such a fun and fulfilling experience coming to work each day, knowing you're making a difference alongside real people, with real needs.

It helps that Jive provides a good work/life balance. When I go home, I can leave work at work and enjoy my life while reaping the benefits Jive provides!
Pros
Work-Life balance, 401k matching program, health and dental insurance premiums covered 100% by Jive, events, retreats, snacks, employee assistance, Hsa, gym membership, etc.
Part of EXCITING growth!!!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive is one of a plethora of up-and-coming, tech companies that have headquartered along the Silicon Slopes in Utah. Jive is providing affordable and reliable phone systems to businesses and organizations across the globe and it's exciting being part of a growing industry! The landscape at Jive has changed a lot in the past few years because of that growth—new departments have been created, new processes have been implemented, and fresh new talent has been added to its ranks. I love effecting change that can be realized in a concrete way. There is not a lack of work and at times it can seem overwhelming. However, I love using my ideas and efforts to creatively tackle these challenges on a daily basis. The best part of my job is not only seeing a finished product that I helped create, but also seeing the ROI from my efforts. There are a lot of talented individuals at Jive and it's rewarding to see success with my fellow Jivers.
Pros
Innovative products, competitive compensation, generous benefits, potential career advancements
Cons
Growing pains from quick growth—some disorganization/lack of adequate internal communication, staffing needs not being able to be addressed as fast as growth, and little time for mentoring
High Tech fun work environment.
Channel Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem UTOctober 20, 2016
Jive is an innovative company that is seeking to be the best in the industry. The work environment at Jive is something like one would expect to find in Silicon Valley, yet it is located right in the heart of Utah. It seems to be almost a paperless work environment, where people run from meeting to meeting with lap top in hand. Just about everyone is self driven, with their own personal expertise that they bring to the table to help grow and improve the overall operations. They make sure to have snacks available for people at all times, have great nutritionally balanced lunch program that is inexpensive, and will feed you for dinner if you choose to work late on designated days of the week. Jive has a rare family priority focus that employees can utilized in unexpected situations that everyone seems to appreciate and does not take advantage of. Lastly they have plenty of fun events planned to keep the work environment exciting.
Pros
Open work environment that is not micro-managed.
Cons
There is lots of work to be done and the day goes by fast.
Great Place to Work -
Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 19, 2016
Jive is a great place to work! I love my job! The only complaint I would have is the constant changing of policies and procedures and the employee's are not updated as often as the should be.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Sales get's the fun stuff, rather than all departments

Want to know more about Jive Communications?

Ask a question
One of the best tech companies to work for in Utah
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 19, 2016
I've been with Jive coming up on 4 years now and it has been an amazing ride. We've seen incredible growth in number of customers, revenues and number of employees. We've made some choices that we have had to correct for, but it feels like we have everything aligned to really move ahead now. I love the work culture here. Everyone is engaged and committed to Jive and each other. There are great benefits and Jive provides a very rich social environment both within the company as well as the community. There are great leaders both technically and business wise that are willing to mentor others and help share their knowledge and skills. Jive is by far, the best professional job I've ever had in over 35 years in this industry.
Pros
Competitive Salaries, Great market and growth opportunities, Still small enough anyone can make a difference
Cons
Needs a new building -- not enough restrooms
Good place to start a career
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 19, 2016
Great benefits, good work/life balance. The culture has improved since I've been here, making it easier for employees to go to work each day. However, there's still room to grow and not a lot of room for job advancement, mostly just lateral movement.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
not a lot of women in upper management
Solid Company
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 19, 2016
I have been here for a short time but am enjoying it so far. My co-workers have been here for years and say they still love it. That speaks volumes.
Pros
benefits are free.
Cons
I will update as they come.
opportunities for improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 13, 2016
Jive is a great company to start a career, learn and grow and many opportunities to expand your skill set. still has a startup feel and are very friendly culture.
Great Energy
Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 19, 2016
The energy and culture at Jive is one that any person would feel home at. They are really a family and everyone feels like they belong and treated well.
Pros
Great benefits, constant employee appreciate treats
Cons
Not the highest paying in the industry but still competitive
A Company You Can Grow With
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I love working at Jive Communications, Inc. Even though it's 10 years old, it still really has that startup feel. As an employee, I'm excited to be a part of the growth the company has and continues to experience. There is no shortage of opportunities to grow as an employee and to make a meaningful contribution to the company's bottom line.

At Jive, every Jiver matters. Management is interested in what employees have to say and I've seen them take proactive steps to implement employee-suggested changes.
Jive is Great!
Partner Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I've worked for Jive Communications for almost three years now, and through out my experiences over this time frame I have seen A LOT of growth! Jive truly cares about their customers AND their employees. They have great benefits, competitive pay, they match your 401k 100% up to 6% per pay check, as well as compensate for going to the gym, the managers are AWESOME, the people you work with are fun, but also know when to buckle down and get the work done so that you aren't stuck with their slack. Although the work can be a bit stressful due to the manual-ness, it is never TOO much to handle. If you ever have an opportunity to work with or do business with Jive, I'd highly recommend it!
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Gym Reimbursement, 401k Match, Insurance, Medical and Dental covered 100% by Jive, Competitive Pay, Friendly Co-Workers, Awesome Managers.
Cons
So busy that I forget to take breaks.
Jive invests in their employees
Marketing Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I love Jive because I feel valued. Jive really does their best to invest in their employees and there are tons of growing opportunities (and great benefits!). Jive is going places and if you are ready to work hard and learn, you'll grow right along with it.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, parties throughout the year, great benefits
Cons
Currently the company is split between several buildings due to space, and the timeline on the new building doesn't look promising.
It is a great oriented place to work..
On boarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
If you want to work for a company that treats you like Family, JIVE is the place...
They have great benifits, they show there appreciation of the job well done, we are always getting treats for different things..
About Jive
Marketing manager over social media (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
Jive is an awesome place to work. When I talk about my job and company with my friends they all ask what job openings we have. Great benefits and tons of growing opportunities. Company is going places fast and if you are ready to work and learn you'll grow right along with it. I love my job!
Pros
Benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
none!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jive Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3