JK Moving Services Employee Reviews

Just kidding moving services?
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 14, 2017
Brag about being the best and most expensive, pay way less than the competitors, will lock you into an agreement on day one keeping you from going to any other local company
Pros
Clean equipment, crews are mostly nice and welcoming
Cons
Management argues with each other in front of you, pay is low, benefits are too expensive, operations director is loud mouthed and yells at employees for no reason. Horrible hours
Great Company
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20879April 6, 2017
I loved working here. There is tons of room for growth within the company. The CEO is great and is easy to reach if you need anything. They treat the employees great and reward everyone as a whole when company goals are met.
Pros
management, work life balance
Cons
pay could be a bit better
Big company in Northern VA
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 23, 2016
Good pay, good hours, well maintain equipment. Being an owner operator the only problem is a lot of dead heading, but other then that everything else was good.
A solid and growing organization
VP Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 23, 2016
In my role at JK Moving Services (and its sister company, CapRelo), I collaborate with virtually every department and business unit in the company. Marketing acts as a "shared service" across the enterprise (similar to HR, Accounting, IT and others).

I had never worked in the transportation/relocation/logistics industry until I accepted my position at JK. Having had experience primarily in technology and publishing, I didn't know what to expect.

What I have experience in my 5+ years at JK has far exceeded any expectation. The enterprise is well-run, with management that cares for its employees, their professional development, and their well-being.

The training opportunities are almost limitless and the company prefers to promote/advance from within. I have witnessed numerous employees be promoted, take new opportunities in other departments, and thrive in a new role that took advantage of their inherent skills and interests. The company is dedicated to having "the right people on the bus, in the right seat."

The company also shows great interest in employees' personal well-being. Just a few of the benefits that demonstrate this: flu shot clinics, on-site farmer's markets, confidential employee assistance program (EAP), and voluntary smoking cessation and weight management programs.

The moving/relocation/logistics industry may not sound "sexy." Working for a solid, financially-sound, growing company that invests in its employees - that is VERY appealing!
Pros
Excellent training and advancement opportunities
Cons
Managing employee healthcare costs is a challenge (and not unique to JK)
Great Place to work....
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 2, 2016
JK is really a great company to work for. I worked there for almost 10 years. Some things changed over the years, but this company has great benefits, and the pay is not bad. JK strive to be #1 in the moving industry.
Pros
Great benefits and some great people
Cons
Maybe long hours
Physical Job
Mover (Former Employee) –  Sterling VAMay 12, 2015
This job is for those who don't need mental stimulation to be happy. The management is great to work with and positive, however the ground level employees are not greatest to be around.
Pros
Paid commute
Cons
No breaks, disgruntled employees, variable work hours, inconsistent schedule.
Productive and a great place to work!
Safety and Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 29, 2014
Great place to work! JK Moving Services acts as a family and works together to promote success internally and externally. Fellow employees are charismatic and enjoy their positions within the company. This company possesses upward growth and great benefits.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Depending on your location, there are multiple tolls you will have to pay
I grew up here..
Company Driver. residential and commercial (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2013
This was a great Company. I have a long history with them. They have given me great opportunities over the years.. I have a lot of respect for the owner and a bunch of people I have grown up with. With some bad management and policy changes, its just not the same company. Its evident with current revenue reports and over all numbers. But I still love the company. Its a different world now.
Pros
the people
Cons
current managment
productive and fun place to work...a healthy environment
Proposal Writer/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 22, 2013
Everyone is really nice and the management of the company is super supportive and helpful. The work environment is really friendly.
n/a
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 7, 2012
Large Company

Many people have worked there many years

Funds are tight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JK Moving Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2