JLG Industries

JLG Industries Employer Reviews

Don't be a temp
Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Orrville, OHDecember 20, 2014
Don't be a temp for this place.
Assignment will be ended for no reason.
Those who aren't temps don't do their share of the work.
Some of the employees are great and friendly, others turn their nose up at you and won't help you, even though you're new.
Very disorganized when it comes to who is supervisor over what part.
Good Company but hard to work with
Welder (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: end of the year bonus
Cons: vacation, give gift cards and tax your paycheck for it, not family oriented
I learned to weld and also learned about safety. The management is difficult to get along with but the co workers are easy to get along with and try to make the environment fun. Dealing with management due to lack of knowledge with the job at hand. I loved running the tube welder machine because it was like a new challenge every day.
Challenging and informative
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits. fellow employees were willing to help when needed
Cons: management
It was a "hands on" job, which was a good learning experience. The hardest part was dealing with the lack of communication from management.
Admin/Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), houstonDecember 16, 2013
The only thing that i liked about this comp was the pay. They are a bit shady.
Great start to a career
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PANovember 12, 2013
JLG provided me with a great launching pad for my career. The organization is ripe for opportunity to improve and the people working here are fully willing to support your ideas for change.
Interesting demanding work environment.
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), PAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: professional organization
Cons: no prescribed breaks
Handle trouble calls for equipment repairs to production welding machines, to include robotic welders and automated boom welders. Reapir as needed mobile welding units from weld leads to welding units. Maintain and repair CNC machines as required. I have learned how to troubleshoot high voltage equipment and repair. Perform preventive maintenace per service work orders on all types of machines and equipment. The most enjoyable part of my job is team member satisifaction that I was able to get their equipment fixed so they can mantain their production requirements. The hardest part of the job is to never stop learning the various items that we maintain. I enjoy working with all my co-workers as part of a team environment as well as helping one another out when needed.
Productive workplace.
Engineer- Electrical Electronics (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 19, 2013
Meeting and discussion about new product development project.
Communication with the suppliers.
Pro Engineering/Creo CAD design.
Good place to work, short commute
Warranty Analyst (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 13, 2013
The people are very friendly, excluding middle management. A typical day at work consists of running reports, troubleshooting system issues, and attending a few meetings. I learned a lot about software as a service. Middle management is quite horrendous. There is zero communication from upper management that flows down to regular employees. Middle management is extremely secretive, conniving, and down right deceitful. They have no problems with violating Human Resources policies and in turn are protected by the very policies they violate. The hardest part of the job, by far is dealing with the steadfast commitment to political shenanigans and the complete lack of actual work ethic. It's pretty sad when the employees are desperate for projects to work on and management is busy gossiping. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others like myself who want to do a good job on actual work, learn new things, and help their coworkers do their jobs too.
Great manufacturing company
Design Engineer (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PaJune 24, 2013
A great product and a great place to work, The manufacture offers a wide variety engineering disciplines
Productive work enviroment based on promoting involvement and safety
Assembler (Former Employee), Orrville, OhioJune 6, 2013
A typical day started with a meeting of your department go over what has been accomplished and the goals for the day. then go to work but had spaced out regular breaks to keep from fatigue and then clock out at the end of the shift. I learned safety values and techniques to make me safe and efficient worker. Management was precise on what they wanted supportive yet stern on you learning your job to do it on your own then try and think of a way to make it better. co-workers were high energy good spirited people who enjoyed their job and life as it went on. That was the best part enjoying what I was doing because the environment was safe and good energy
Summary
Summer Help (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PAMay 22, 2013
This is the type of work that requires time and a ton of energy to complete.
Sales and Marketing Analyst II (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 6, 2013
Productive, nice work environment

Learned a great deal about business.
unfair compensation for skilled workers
welder (Current Employee), Orrville, OHJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: clean
Cons: lack of skilled employees
sounds nice when you start, but company is more concerned with clean shop than quality or work performance. have to spend hour a day scrubbing floors more important than getting job done. no pay difference for actual skilled welders than people just pulled out of assembly and trained on scrap. quality is a joke and shop is full of many welders who have no business welding
Dependable place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Orrville, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good insurance, profit sharing, and bonus
Cons: some jobs are a bit dirty
This company gave good benefits and if they were out of parts they would find something for you to do so you were not going home with out pay and then trying to figure out how you would pay your bills. They at times would do an appreciation lunch for their employees when they would meet or exceed the expections. Overall a good company to work for
Very Good Job
CNC Machine Operator, Licensed Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Orrville, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Very good job with a great atmoshphere and great leadership in the management.
welded jerr dann roll backs
Welder (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: poor managment
this is the worse company to work for.... poor managers and business
Good overall experience
Help Desk Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Orrville, OHSeptember 3, 2012
JLG industries is just any other company in that it is as good as the people directly above you and beside you. I enjoyed the fast paced environment, and the people that I worked with.
a learning experience
Electrical assembler (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PAJune 20, 2012
JLG was my first big employer, they taught me to be ontime, willing to learn to advance my career, this company was a very good employer except for the layoffs that were frequent
Great job that I loved doing
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PAJune 19, 2012
I loved the feeling of knowing that a product I was helping build was responsible for keeping our nations heroes safe in case of IED's. Best part of the job was that.