JLG Industries Employee Reviews

Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Friendly environment, clean, positive work ethic. Staff utilizes positive reinforcement to ensure safe work environment. Great insurance, benefits, raises, profit sharing.
Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 15, 2016
JLG industries is a great place to work and gain much experience in the manufacturing industry. The benefits are great and the environment is friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Inconsistency
A good place to work...
Assembler/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHSeptember 9, 2016
The company is competitive with other in the area with regard to wages and benefits. The shop is clean and organized. Work is fast paced and can be repetitive.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Healthcare is not the greatest...
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 5am. I punch in and head to my desk, once at my desk I turn on my computer and start digging through emails. I typically pick up where I left off the day before and try to close out any projects that are open. Get a hold of engineers to see if they've reviewed the project requests that I have put in for changes. Contact them for ideas and improvements. Once I am done getting my agenda set for the day I like to make my rounds to all of my respected areas. I will DMR any non conforming material that is on the squares. If any of the team members have issues I will sit and discuss them one on one and try to resolve them as quickly as possible. I interact with my Group leader on a daily basis on either new tasks or meetings we may be attending for a new insource project. All of my co-workers are great direct and indirect. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to problem solve and make our products better through Quality. If you build a bad product no one will buy it. Ensuring you are building or supplying the best product you can is what keeps customers happy and over all continuing to spend there money on your product.
Pros
Hours, environment, safety(VPP) Certified company
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement
good job
Machine Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJuly 6, 2016
Havent been there only a few months but i do like it and i get along with ppl there, The pay is very low compared to what i was making at other job before i got laid off and i get no holiday or vacation pay
Cons
low pay and no benefits or vacation time and py or holdiay pay under temp service
Results Oriented Logistics Administrator
Equipment Services Logistics Administrator (Current Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJune 17, 2016
Typical day- I put out a lot of fires throughout the day. I have to be able to adapt and solve problem on a dime.
Learned- how to piece together a multitude of different manufacturer's equipment and so much more.
Management - boss that leads by example, give/give relationship,
Co-Workers- these people make me laugh and I've built amazing relationships with them.
Hardest part-monthly and quarter ends. The push to get everything covered.
Most enjoyable- has to be the relationships I've built over the years.
Pros
My co-workers, they're like family
Cons
Healthcare
everyone wants to be boss
Welder (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAMarch 29, 2016
no one wants to make a decision, some employees were treated as favorites, and lazy workers were not punished 2nd shift was a joke
Good and Bad
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 18, 2016
Use to be a good place to work, everybody were treated professionally until new management comes in, hiring people with no knowledge on the position. New Management have a different goal to achieve their targets which results to mismanagement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Majority of Managers are not knowledgeable on their jobs.
JLG Industries
Welder (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAOctober 29, 2015
I was a welder for 6 weeks at JLG. I learned the basics of welding and became fairly descent at it in the short period of time that I was there. Management was Stern, but I managed to get through it. My coworkers were Eccentric. The hardest part of the job was the intensity of the heat in the environment, that we were working in. My favorite part of the job was watching the metals weld together like the bright warm glow of the sun shining on a summer beach.
Pros
The pay was descent
Cons
The intensity of the heat
A good place to work
Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHOctober 9, 2015
On The whole a very good company to work for! Good pay and they treated everyone with respect. They feed the team well to help moral on the weekends, and the work force for the most part are great people. The only negative is there is a lot of turnover.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very close knitt and clicky
Productive and face pased work place
Forklift Operator/Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be checking production area for any needed parts. I then would go to the overstock area and check to see if we had it, if not I would go to the part's computer and see when the next shipment of those particular items would be in. If I stocked enough for the day, I then would work on putting the materials in overstock, away, if there was room. If I was not able to put any other parts away and assembling area needed some help, I would assemble some cylinder's until someone needed more parts, or a cylinder taken out to paint prep, paint racks brought in, etc. I learned that at a big company, you may feel like just a number sometimes, but if once person is out, someone else has work overtime in order to get caught back up. So it made you feel important. Management was very understanding and helpful anytime I needed it. Co-workers were all about getting the job done in a timely manner. The hardest part about my job was being the only material handler on 2nd shift for the longest time. I felt like I was letting people down a lot, because it was a lot for just once person. They typically have 2-3 material handlers on each shift. The most enjoyable part of my job, was working with people from a small town.
Pros
Feeling like you are needed.
Cons
Going through a temp agency.
great place to work
Assembly worker (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJuly 14, 2015
great place to work. fun always busy. i work 2nd shift and it was never slow or boring. i learned a ton of things, the leaders were all great. and the breaks were perfectly timed. i love that they let you learn new things when you ask. hardest part is when they run out of things to build and you had to wait cause that isnt normal.
productivity
welder (Former Employee) –  hykes rdJune 9, 2015
weld prep and operated forklift
nothing
horrible management skills
petner puss was cool.
dealing with drama
going home
very well to work for
Painter (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAMay 22, 2015
I would go back in a heartbeat. Great people and great work and just wish things would kept us busy as well but people are great just they want everything done yesterday
Pros
Treated us great
Cons
Worked us hard nomatter if busy or not
Jokes Laughs & Giggles Land
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 7, 2015
No description necessary, they are an amazing company to work for & they always take care of their employees. I wish that i was still living in the area, i would get my position back as soon as i could!
fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  McconnellsburgMay 4, 2015
Typical day is working hard to keep us from working weekends. learned how to drive a forklift and work with different types of equipment. Management is alright. i love my co-workers and i made some good friends. hardest part i cleaning up from first shift. most enjoyable part when im caught up and can try and help other people.
Pros
Co workers and free lunches on saturdays
Cons
No breaks
Not too much for advancement
Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 18, 2015
Need to be an engineer in order to advance, need to have a degree in order to advance to the next level of current jobs, management doesn't always listen when the "workers" try to explain the processes
Pros
good work-life balance
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Very Productive and Wonderful Employees
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day in the life of a JLG employee is a group meeting discussing the day's goals of how many machines to complete in our shift and the safety slogan for the day. It was a great learning experience for me because I learned something new everyday from working on the machines to relationship with the coworkers. The management at JLG is beyond excellent! If there was a problem the supervisors did everything in their power to help you out! The coworkers are all one big family. They always help you out when you need it and are very welcoming to new employees. They are willing to help you learn what you need to and more! The hardest part of the job is everyday is a challenge. You never know what to expect. You have to be on your toes at all times and watching what you are doing because many lives are in your hands. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was having the opportunity of learning something new and the opportunity of advancement through the company.
Don't be a temp
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHDecember 20, 2014
Don't be a temp for this place.
Assignment will be ended for no reason.
Those who aren't temps don't do their share of the work.
Some of the employees are great and friendly, others turn their nose up at you and won't help you, even though you're new.
Very disorganized when it comes to who is supervisor over what part.
Good Company but hard to work with
Welder (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAMarch 14, 2014
I learned to weld and also learned about safety. The management is difficult to get along with but the co workers are easy to get along with and try to make the environment fun. Dealing with management due to lack of knowledge with the job at hand. I loved running the tube welder machine because it was like a new challenge every day.
Pros
end of the year bonus
Cons
vacation, give gift cards and tax your paycheck for it, not family oriented