JLG Employee Reviews

Same type of work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Western United States,Alaska and HawaiiNovember 18, 2015
Work was very similar to the other companies I worked for over the years. I worked with the same group of people and traveled the same area.
Fast- paced welding production shop.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OhioOctober 12, 2015
JLG says they were about quality of the work but it was more of the numbers you could get. Each day became more stressful. I loved my co-workers cause they were dealing with the same problems as me from JLG. The most enjoyable thing about the job was I was able to weld everyday.
Lots of hours, less personal time
Assembler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 24, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work to acquire lots of overtime and hours. The amount of personal time, even on weekends is hard to come by. The turn out rate is also high, but you can acquire a career here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers.
Working together as one unit or team
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PASeptember 6, 2015
A good place to work. management is knowledgeable, supportive and inspiring. cross training was important. a place where management and employees worked together to accomplish the needs of the job together every day.
Read Resume
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 22, 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job was assembling parts for machines. What I have learned is that the company has really terrible health benefits.
Harrassment is Acceptable in this place
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 7, 2015
I worked at JLG through a temp agency from June 2015-end of July 2015. I loved my job! I started training for 3 weeks on first shift which was great. I had no problems with anyone and management was great. Once I got placed on 3rd shift, things went downhill quickly. There is really only 1 maybe 2 supervisors on 3rd shift and several line leaders. It's a free for all on 3rd shift. The men on 3rd shift are extremely perverted, especially the line leader for the 400 line. I had an incident with not just harassed but I was assaulted by a male employee and I was suspended for it. I also had several complaints about the line leader and supervisor involving the line leader harassing me and other women and how both the line leader and supervisor handled my situation. Nothing was done about any of it. They wouldn't move me to another shift to get away from them or even to another area. Don't work here on any shift but 1st where there is plenty of supervision to watch your back and if you do choose to work here on any other shift, don't complain about harassment, especially if it involves management, because YOU will be suspended and nothing else will be done about it. Had it not been for that, I would still be there because I genuinely loved the job I did.
Pros
Pay, Work
Machine Assembler
Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 3, 2015
I build the drive motors, drive hubs, and the axles for construction lifts. After I completely build these items for the lifts, I attach all these items onto the frame. There are days where they need me to float on the line to help out others that might need help. On the weekends I tend to work offline to make sure the the lifts have all the items it needs to be shipped out to the buyer.
Productive and very busy work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mcconnelsburg, PAAugust 2, 2015
Working at JLG is a very busy place, you must make your production limit each day. I worked 3rd shift at JLG. I worked as a sub assembler, and worked on two different lines in the 5 months I was there. I had to leave because I was pregnant and due on July 15. My co-workers were all nice and I got along with all of them. It was nice working with a team on the line so you could get things done together. The only down to that was if someone else messed something up on a cylinder you all had to take the blame for it because you worked as a team. I enjoyed working with a team so you could talk and get things done quicker and you weren't standing alone for 8 hours.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and two 15 min breaks
Cons
tiring
good place to work
Tech/ Test (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 28, 2015
I really like working here, just need to pay more for the work I do. Work a lot of hours always overtime, they feed you good, clean place everywhere.
Very fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  SHippensburg PAJune 19, 2015
I loved working a JLG I had a awesome group of friends, a awesome trainer and everything. id deff work there again it was awesome
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
worse job I ever had
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 11, 2015
this place is just one contradiction after another. They focus on appearance only. often referred to as "Jokes, Lies and Games, Janitorial Learning Group and Just Lying Guys". They paint a really nice picture during interview, but once you work there you find out that everything was a lie. Poor management. They'll do whatever they can to screw you out of a raise and if they cant find any reason they will make something up. They "say" that they care about their employees but do nothing at all to show it. All they care about is pushing products out the door. They "say" they care about quality yet there is absolutly NO quality control. After 2008 the place went straight down the toilet!
Pros
Cons
being lied too. No performance reviews. No raises. Working 7 days a week.
Good Place to Start Career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2015
Safety training, mechanical training, tuition reimbursement, good benefits, very structured.

Great coworkers, more than one division work together, employee based programs.
Jlg Hikes rd
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  hikes rd Greencastle, PAMay 3, 2015
If your looking to make money there is an abundance of mandatory ot. Not much time for family or free time outside of work. Machines are very outdated
Cons
poor health care, manditory ot
Fast paced job with good coworkers
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 1, 2015
This job was hardworking and fast paced but I enjoyed that the most. The people I worked with were fun and i did like the job but it was a long drive to work and I was working a lot of overtime so i had no time to see family or friends with the drive and hours.
financially stable with plentiful over time
Tester/assembler/offline inspector (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 29, 2015
currently my production line is under employed and I am working a position on line instead of inspecting or testing offline where i can further my knowledge in mechanics, I am always looking to further my skills and at this point in time i feel as though they are being held back
Pros
financially stable
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 14, 2015
Everyone here is happy for the most part, and willing to help if you fall a little behind. The benefits here are outstanding, once hired on, they will pay your entire tuition, though good grades are required, naturally. My experience at JLG was a very positive one, and would love to go back.
Pros
Paid tuition (100% of it)
Cons
Lack of communication.
Not for the experienced
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 22, 2014
The work was very interesting but at times not challenging. I did not learn much more that I already knew. I have many years in Engineering and was treated like I was in high school. The management was good and bad. Some managers were very young and immature. All my coworkers were young, except for some very few that worked their most of their career there, but they were hidden, not in Management roles. The hardest part of the job was not being allowed to do much beyond daily or weekly tasks - not being able to feel like you have some ownership in your role. The best part was the benefits. So if you want to do day to day tasks, be led by young people with master's degrees and just collect your pay . . . they value education more than experience. Good for a first job.
benefits
Cons
poor management, value education more than experience, advancement by leaving and returning
craziness
ES assembly (Current Employee) –  shippensburg paDecember 14, 2014
I am currently employed in Shippensburg the work is not bad other than im filthy dirty from all of the grease this really isn't my cup of tea but it pays the bills, you have to start out now thru a temp agency which is extremely hard to deal with, so if you have children use the days you have to miss wisely or you will be looking for another job...like I said the work its self isn't horrible mostly its the temp agency..
Horrible place!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orville, OhioDecember 8, 2014
I have read these reviews and most of them are for employees who work in the factory. Well if you are a professional employee this place ranks as one of the worst all time!

They expect you to work many hours for FREE?! Yes, you read that correctly. The environment there was soul sucking, and the management were all clueless good ol' boys who had no idea how to do the job required of a leader.
Pros
bonus, 401k and time off
Cons
horrible work life balance and management
Typical weld shop with a corporate environment
Welder (Current Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAOctober 4, 2014
JLG isn't a bad place to work at, it's just the corporate environment that is detrimental to the workforce with inept management (the company focuses more on post college degree instead of experience), high focus on productivity at all costs, lack of connection and understanding with the hourly workforce.
Pros
pay, stable hours, routine job
Cons
detrimental management, corporate environment