JLG Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAApril 3, 2016
A typical day of work consists of an 8 hour shift. I worked night shift so I worked sunday night through Thursday night. I had off Friday night and Saturday night. The hardest part of the job was staying up all night and working, and it was hard to sleep through the day. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. The management was very good and I learned how to work on an assembly line
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non paid lunch
fair
Accounts Payable Tech I (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Ok place to work if you can ignore the day to day distractions of people carrying on & acting as if they were still in kindergarten.
Benefits ok not great.
Very fair about letting employees work from home in cases of bad weather.
Immediate co workers great to work with. I learned how to do trade accounts as well as open receiver accounts.
management ok.
Pros
Monday- Friday day shift work
Cons
variable schedule during work week, very distracting place to work, too much carrying on.
worse job I ever had
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 11, 2015
this place is just one contradiction after another. They focus on appearance only. often referred to as "Jokes, Lies and Games, Janitorial Learning Group and Just Lying Guys". They paint a really nice picture during interview, but once you work there you find out that everything was a lie. Poor management. They'll do whatever they can to screw you out of a raise and if they cant find any reason they will make something up. They "say" that they care about their employees but do nothing at all to show it. All they care about is pushing products out the door. They "say" they care about quality yet there is absolutly NO quality control. After 2008 the place went straight down the toilet!
Pros
Cons
being lied too. No performance reviews. No raises. Working 7 days a week.
Productive, Hard Working, Fun Place
ES Line Deck Builder (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 11, 2016
JLG is a great place to work. The people are VERY friendly, and are willing to help you. A typical day at work on the electric mini scissor lifts is you go in through the side doors, clock in, go to your assigned line, then you want to try to get there early so you can prep your work station, then you have a company or line meeting. Then, you go back to your station and get to work. You get three breaks throughout the day,and you can talk to people in your station. The management is very fair and will try to help you with anything. The hardest part of the job is remembering what goes where, however the most enjoyable part is seeing the finished product of what you made.
Great way to learn about company and their customers needs
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed the time I spent at JLG. It gave me an small insight to what I could do as a career. Most days, I spent do the same thing, but I enjoyed that. I like learning why things are made the way the are and updating their work instructions allowed me to do just that. The people I worked with were great and very welcoming to ideas to make the workplace more efficient.
Not for the experienced
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 22, 2014
The work was very interesting but at times not challenging. I did not learn much more that I already knew. I have many years in Engineering and was treated like I was in high school. The management was good and bad. Some managers were very young and immature. All my coworkers were young, except for some very few that worked their most of their career there, but they were hidden, not in Management roles. The hardest part of the job was not being allowed to do much beyond daily or weekly tasks - not being able to feel like you have some ownership in your role. The best part was the benefits. So if you want to do day to day tasks, be led by young people with master's degrees and just collect your pay . . . they value education more than experience. Good for a first job.
benefits
Cons
poor management, value education more than experience, advancement by leaving and returning
Read Resume
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 22, 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job was assembling parts for machines. What I have learned is that the company has really terrible health benefits.
The full time employees would harass the temporary workers.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJune 15, 2016
The full time employees were not helpful in training the temporary workers. The line supervisor was never present during the shift.
very enjoyable job
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAMarch 3, 2016
this is very fast paced job that was enjoyable and management is great they appreciate what you do and not take things for granted.
Hostile Work Envionment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHDecember 21, 2015
Started working there as a test technician. Was hostile work environment from day one. Being there under contract the non union employees did not want me there. No help to learn job. Said something to management which just made things worst. Worked there about 6 months and finally had to leave.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management in R & D
Horrible place!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orville, OhioDecember 8, 2014
I have read these reviews and most of them are for employees who work in the factory. Well if you are a professional employee this place ranks as one of the worst all time!

They expect you to work many hours for FREE?! Yes, you read that correctly. The environment there was soul sucking, and the management were all clueless good ol' boys who had no idea how to do the job required of a leader.
Pros
bonus, 401k and time off
Cons
horrible work life balance and management
Good Place to Start Career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2015
Safety training, mechanical training, tuition reimbursement, good benefits, very structured.

Great coworkers, more than one division work together, employee based programs.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 14, 2015
Everyone here is happy for the most part, and willing to help if you fall a little behind. The benefits here are outstanding, once hired on, they will pay your entire tuition, though good grades are required, naturally. My experience at JLG was a very positive one, and would love to go back.
Pros
Paid tuition (100% of it)
Cons
Lack of communication.
It felt good to be there and be productive.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 3, 2013
A typical day at work was to greed everyone you saw in the morning.I learned that people can get the job done if they help one another.The management was excellent,every decision was well planned.We were more than just co-workers,we were friends.The hardest part for me was to assemble parts during the winter days,cold,snow on the parts, etc.The most enjoyable could be,the money earned after a hard day at work.
Pros
it was nice to get earned raises every six months.
Cons
probably to have to use steel toe shoes.
Lots of hours, less personal time
Assembler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 24, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work to acquire lots of overtime and hours. The amount of personal time, even on weekends is hard to come by. The turn out rate is also high, but you can acquire a career here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers.
Productive and very busy work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mcconnelsburg, PAAugust 2, 2015
Working at JLG is a very busy place, you must make your production limit each day. I worked 3rd shift at JLG. I worked as a sub assembler, and worked on two different lines in the 5 months I was there. I had to leave because I was pregnant and due on July 15. My co-workers were all nice and I got along with all of them. It was nice working with a team on the line so you could get things done together. The only down to that was if someone else messed something up on a cylinder you all had to take the blame for it because you worked as a team. I enjoyed working with a team so you could talk and get things done quicker and you weren't standing alone for 8 hours.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and two 15 min breaks
Cons
tiring
Working together as one unit or team
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PASeptember 6, 2015
A good place to work. management is knowledgeable, supportive and inspiring. cross training was important. a place where management and employees worked together to accomplish the needs of the job together every day.
Harrassment is Acceptable in this place
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 7, 2015
I worked at JLG through a temp agency from June 2015-end of July 2015. I loved my job! I started training for 3 weeks on first shift which was great. I had no problems with anyone and management was great. Once I got placed on 3rd shift, things went downhill quickly. There is really only 1 maybe 2 supervisors on 3rd shift and several line leaders. It's a free for all on 3rd shift. The men on 3rd shift are extremely perverted, especially the line leader for the 400 line. I had an incident with not just harassed but I was assaulted by a male employee and I was suspended for it. I also had several complaints about the line leader and supervisor involving the line leader harassing me and other women and how both the line leader and supervisor handled my situation. Nothing was done about any of it. They wouldn't move me to another shift to get away from them or even to another area. Don't work here on any shift but 1st where there is plenty of supervision to watch your back and if you do choose to work here on any other shift, don't complain about harassment, especially if it involves management, because YOU will be suspended and nothing else will be done about it. Had it not been for that, I would still be there because I genuinely loved the job I did.
Pros
Pay, Work
Cons
Fast- paced welding production shop.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OhioOctober 12, 2015
JLG says they were about quality of the work but it was more of the numbers you could get. Each day became more stressful. I loved my co-workers cause they were dealing with the same problems as me from JLG. The most enjoyable thing about the job was I was able to weld everyday.
Same type of work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Western United States,Alaska and HawaiiNovember 18, 2015
Work was very similar to the other companies I worked for over the years. I worked with the same group of people and traveled the same area.