JLG

JLG Employer Reviews

Typical weld shop with a corporate environment
Welder (Current Employee), McConnellsburg, PAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: pay, stable hours, routine job
Cons: detrimental management, corporate environment
JLG isn't a bad place to work at, it's just the corporate environment that is detrimental to the workforce with inept management (the company focuses more on post college degree instead of experience), high focus on productivity at all costs, lack of connection and understanding with the hourly workforce.
fast paced environment, secure job
assembler (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: some kind co-workers
Cons: management lacks things on many levels
Steady work throughout the day, fast paced environment overall generally a save atmosphere. Most people look out for one another. Hard to move up the chain of command without having a degree and being in 'the click'. Very clean work environment generally 8 to 10 hours 5 to 6 days per week sometimes 7 days. Teamwork would be considered a 6 out of 10 – more... in most cases, accountability can lack at times. Assemblers are expected to go search for parts and expected to do part of managements work load. – less
I have drinin a forklift, painted, and assembled more than most days I enjoied what I was doing and had fun doing my job.
Lobbor (Former Employee), McCburg. __ Shipp.September 11, 2014
I get enjoy painting ,and driving a forklift, and i like putting things together. Working with my hands taking pride in what I do.
Safe work environment
Associate (Former Employee), Orrville, OHAugust 10, 2014
JLG was a safe work environment. Everyone watched out for their fellow workers safety.
fast paced
Welder/assembler/robot operator (Former Employee), Greencastle, PAJuly 8, 2014
welding and assembly done at seperate locations, hard to move up without a degree
DO NOT WORK HERE
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee), Bedford, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
they lie about everything. problems do not get resolved. they hire you for a certain job and you end up doing 20 other peoples jobs. the pay and the health care are unfair to people with skilled back rounds.
Training
Industrial Pipefitter Certified Equipment Operator (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 1, 2014
On the job training to operate equipment. In the classroom teaching and hands-on.
Good people
Internal Service Technician (Former Employee), Orrville, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: can't think of any
The people I worked with in Orrville, and the main office in MCConnelsburg, PA were great to work with. We had a lot of fun, and it wasn't "all work and no play". Would like to come back in under my former boss.
its ok place
Capsule assembler (Former Employee), McConnellsburg, PANovember 5, 2013
didnt like the hours but good pay. i put parts together for military vehicles.
A very productive place to work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: lay-offs
At this job I learned to follow instructions on how to read blue prints and wiring diagrams. I found the people to be very team good team member. The job allowed over time which I liked very much.
ok place to work
Line Support staff in Sept (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAJune 29, 2013
ok place to work, coworkers found the time to help you when needed, management was ok too
Ehhh
assembler/ material handler (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAJanuary 15, 2013
Mznzgment not good but it is steady work so have to give it that
awesome fast working job!
Assembler (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: sometimes had company dinners.
Cons: the management was not to good.
I was on first shift, then was moved to second shift and worked up to 10 hour days. I loved the fact i was learning new things everyday and learning the new machines, the overall management was not to professional, i also worked with different races of people and i got along with everyone! i had difficulties when it came to learning how to work on the – more... batteries. I like the fact i was working and making my own money! – less
Fast pass production enviroment - Always something new
Weld Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), McConnellsburg, PAJune 26, 2012
Pros: hopeful employees that are willing to reach out
Cons: -
- Layout reviews, capacity planning, audits, work instructions, quality documents, floor support, costing, cost savings, fixturing or a list of things that are involved in a typical day.
- Management is involved with shop floor changes and I act as a resource in decision making for our facility
- Co-workers are supportive and a team enviroment is enforced
- – more... The hardest part of my job is time management and setting priorities to specific task
- Most enjoyable part is having the ability to work with a wide range of departments to get the job done. – less
Great oppurtunity
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), san clementeJune 14, 2012
Pros: free travel
Cons: part-time work
no typical day as schedule depended on up coming trade shows
learned how to network, market and sale to retailers and public
I enjoyed traveling to the different trade shows
very clean enviroment,room for advancement
distribution specialist (Former Employee), Orrville, OHMarch 27, 2012
Pros: high paying job with job advancement
Cons: not very flexible for family problems
great company to work for because there is always room to advance to higher position