JLG Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAApril 3, 2016
A typical day of work consists of an 8 hour shift. I worked night shift so I worked sunday night through Thursday night. I had off Friday night and Saturday night. The hardest part of the job was staying up all night and working, and it was hard to sleep through the day. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. The management was very good and I learned how to work on an assembly line
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non paid lunch
fair
Accounts Payable Tech I (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Ok place to work if you can ignore the day to day distractions of people carrying on & acting as if they were still in kindergarten.
Benefits ok not great.
Very fair about letting employees work from home in cases of bad weather.
Immediate co workers great to work with. I learned how to do trade accounts as well as open receiver accounts.
management ok.
Pros
Monday- Friday day shift work
Cons
variable schedule during work week, very distracting place to work, too much carrying on.
Great way to learn about company and their customers needs
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed the time I spent at JLG. It gave me an small insight to what I could do as a career. Most days, I spent do the same thing, but I enjoyed that. I like learning why things are made the way the are and updating their work instructions allowed me to do just that. The people I worked with were great and very welcoming to ideas to make the workplace more efficient.
Lack of work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAApril 3, 2016
Typical work day is assembling booms and other parts of the JLG lifts. I learned how to build a JLG lift and how they operate. The management is good. The co workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the lack of work they had and the lay off periods.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
Lack of work
Hostile Work Envionment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHDecember 21, 2015
Started working there as a test technician. Was hostile work environment from day one. Being there under contract the non union employees did not want me there. No help to learn job. Said something to management which just made things worst. Worked there about 6 months and finally had to leave.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management in R & D
Fast- paced welding production shop.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OhioOctober 12, 2015
JLG says they were about quality of the work but it was more of the numbers you could get. Each day became more stressful. I loved my co-workers cause they were dealing with the same problems as me from JLG. The most enjoyable thing about the job was I was able to weld everyday.
very enjoyable job
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAMarch 3, 2016
this is very fast paced job that was enjoyable and management is great they appreciate what you do and not take things for granted.
Productive and very busy work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mcconnelsburg, PAAugust 2, 2015
Working at JLG is a very busy place, you must make your production limit each day. I worked 3rd shift at JLG. I worked as a sub assembler, and worked on two different lines in the 5 months I was there. I had to leave because I was pregnant and due on July 15. My co-workers were all nice and I got along with all of them. It was nice working with a team on the line so you could get things done together. The only down to that was if someone else messed something up on a cylinder you all had to take the blame for it because you worked as a team. I enjoyed working with a team so you could talk and get things done quicker and you weren't standing alone for 8 hours.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and two 15 min breaks
Cons
tiring
Lots of hours, less personal time
Assembler/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 24, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work to acquire lots of overtime and hours. The amount of personal time, even on weekends is hard to come by. The turn out rate is also high, but you can acquire a career here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers.
Machine Assembler
Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 3, 2015
I build the drive motors, drive hubs, and the axles for construction lifts. After I completely build these items for the lifts, I attach all these items onto the frame. There are days where they need me to float on the line to help out others that might need help. On the weekends I tend to work offline to make sure the the lifts have all the items it needs to be shipped out to the buyer.
Same type of work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Western United States,Alaska and HawaiiNovember 18, 2015
Work was very similar to the other companies I worked for over the years. I worked with the same group of people and traveled the same area.
Working together as one unit or team
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PASeptember 6, 2015
A good place to work. management is knowledgeable, supportive and inspiring. cross training was important. a place where management and employees worked together to accomplish the needs of the job together every day.
worse job I ever had
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 11, 2015
this place is just one contradiction after another. They focus on appearance only. often referred to as "Jokes, Lies and Games, Janitorial Learning Group and Just Lying Guys". They paint a really nice picture during interview, but once you work there you find out that everything was a lie. Poor management. They'll do whatever they can to screw you out of a raise and if they cant find any reason they will make something up. They "say" that they care about their employees but do nothing at all to show it. All they care about is pushing products out the door. They "say" they care about quality yet there is absolutly NO quality control. After 2008 the place went straight down the toilet!
Pros
Cons
being lied too. No performance reviews. No raises. Working 7 days a week.
financially stable with plentiful over time
Tester/assembler/offline inspector (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 29, 2015
currently my production line is under employed and I am working a position on line instead of inspecting or testing offline where i can further my knowledge in mechanics, I am always looking to further my skills and at this point in time i feel as though they are being held back
Pros
financially stable
Read Resume
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 22, 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job was assembling parts for machines. What I have learned is that the company has really terrible health benefits.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 14, 2015
Everyone here is happy for the most part, and willing to help if you fall a little behind. The benefits here are outstanding, once hired on, they will pay your entire tuition, though good grades are required, naturally. My experience at JLG was a very positive one, and would love to go back.
Pros
Paid tuition (100% of it)
Cons
Lack of communication.
Fast paced job with good coworkers
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 1, 2015
This job was hardworking and fast paced but I enjoyed that the most. The people I worked with were fun and i did like the job but it was a long drive to work and I was working a lot of overtime so i had no time to see family or friends with the drive and hours.
Good Place to Start Career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2015
Safety training, mechanical training, tuition reimbursement, good benefits, very structured.

Great coworkers, more than one division work together, employee based programs.
good place to work
Tech/ Test (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHJune 28, 2015
I really like working here, just need to pay more for the work I do. Work a lot of hours always overtime, they feed you good, clean place everywhere.
Very fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  SHippensburg PAJune 19, 2015
I loved working a JLG I had a awesome group of friends, a awesome trainer and everything. id deff work there again it was awesome
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing