JLL Employee Reviews

Started out great, culture has changed
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
My first two+ years with JLL were fantastic but the culture very quickly eroded when the CHRO and the Director of Talent left within a very short period of time. Honestly, I feel like JLL sold out culture and that's really sad. I still talk to many of my former colleagues and they saw that it's only gotten worse. If you're looking for that first job out of school or to build your career, having a Fortune 500 company on your resume, JLL is great for that. If you're looking to avoid office politics and backstabbing, this might not be the place for you.
Pros
Good work/life balance, commitment to diversity
Cons
Culture has changed for the negative, too much of a focus on things other than the people.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Corporate Solutions (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2016
I have been with JLL for 1.5 years and LOVE IT! The unique culture, the flexibility (work from home option), and support have been amazing. The company has a global presence, but still has the personal interaction between upper management and employees that you would usually only experience in a smaller company.

The company is financially stable and treats employees with respect. I have met a lot of coworkers that have been with the company for over ten years.

I have worked for global corporations as well as small to medium organizations, and JLL is by far the best company that I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, work life balance
Cons
Competitive company among comparable companies
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2016
JLL is a good company overall and highly competitive against other companies in it's industry. It offers competitive benefits and has flexible working schedules for the working families they employ. JLL has done good by me overall and I have enjoyed working there. If you are in a good department that truly supports you, there is a lot of room for advancement, however there are some departments that are not as supportive. I am of the opinion that indicates a lack of strong leadership in some of the management positions. Not all management positions but there is definitely a need for improvement.
Pros
Work from Home days
Cons
Health benefits are expensive
A good, consistent place to work
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Staggered month-ends for properties allow for workload to be spaced out reasonably throughout a month. The first few months were difficult: I was asked the question "Why don't you already know how to do this?" quickly followed up with "Well, it's not my job to teach you, go ask someone else" when asking a question to nearly any person I encountered. Luckily, I found a small number of people willing to show me the ropes and, since then, the work has been stable and manageable. The challenge in working here comes more from workload than the specific work itself, which is good for being able to complete your work accurately and on time, but difficult for standing out.
Pros
Benefits - Paid holidays, work from home available, good insurance
Cons
Training, clunky real-time management system
Jll
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
It was good working for them these few months. My supervisor was up front with me from the start about how long the job would last. I learned more about the financial reporting side of facilities. Management was good. The work culture was good until I moved to another site for 1 month that was a culture shock. The move to the other site. It was very open and very strict on what you can do and cant do. The most was being able to enhance my skills, meet and work with new people. Being able to give my input and getting the recognition for coming in and getting the job done.
One of the worst I've ever worked for...
Material Handling Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 12, 2016
Started out as a job I thought could be a career: interesting field, a variety of work and machines to maintain, but VERY quickly degraded to a complete joke. There is no support from any managers, not enough tools and equipment to go around, tons of missing parts that are frequently needed, and all in an extremely toxic environment run by morons who think they're better than everyone else.
Pros
Not applicable.
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, horrible environment, no parts, no tools, no communication.
Great Company- Poor Work Life Balance
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2016
JLL is a great company with great people working for it. Property Management is a different beast and is difficult to maintain a work life balance. I would prefer to work in corporate because it seems they have more of a work life balance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stressful
Excellent environment / benefits. management is above average.
Maintenance/X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 25, 2016
JLL, is a great company to work for. They have a positive environment to grow and advance in while while working for good locations / employer. Benifits are above average and a huge plus for the times.
Pros
Benifits, culture environment
Cons
current work industry as whoe isn't great place to be.
Great all around Ethics
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115November 29, 2016
JLL is a great place to work in a diverse, culture friendly environment. Opportunities exist for advancement. The benefits are great and the PTO time far exceeds need.
Company keeps you with their benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
JLL doesn't have a competitive salary package but they get you with their benefits. You start out with 18 PTOs which increases to 23 upon your three year anniversary but it's not worth the salary. Once you are in at a salary, be prepared for only 1-3% raises each year if anything at all. I have been at this company for over seven years and they didn't give me a salary raise this year. Fun to work with the people there but no one is looking out for you. If you want to pave your own path and don't care about salary, this is the spot to start your career.
Pros
Good environment, nice office, nice location, good coworkers, good PTO
Cons
No help from management for growth opportunities, no raise or bonus potential with certain positions, no flexibility with some positions
Great culture with opportunities for growth and development.
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  VirtualOctober 20, 2016
Professional Real Estate company which has provided tremendous opportunities for management and working with clients. Strong culture and willingness to help and work within the firm. Strong ethics and industry leading pratices.
Pros
Culture and opportunities for growth and development
Cons
Company is changing with new leadership
Fast paced, but yet fun and productive place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MI 48067February 19, 2017
Excellent benefits and recognition for efforts put into day to day operations as well as long term projects. Colleagues and Supervisors very helpful when questions about procedures arise. Management open to suggestions aimed to improve processes.
Pros
Benefits, Recognition
Cons
Professional environment, some accounts are managed better than others
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Company has great policies and benefits, offers opportunities to learn and grow. A lot depends on what account your on, though. If your on a good account and you have a good manager your career will be rewarding.
productive and flexible
Assistant Chief Engineer (DC) (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCAugust 12, 2016
work with understanding people, that allow you some liberty and freedom, with in reason. good work life balance, and internal training with in the company offer, for career advancement
Pros
job culture
Cons
compensation
Job title should be receptionist/ office assistant/ administrative
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 6, 2016
The company's benefits are great. The job itself is ok if you're looking for something that has no authority/decision making. Very easy job . Little to no marketing.. so if you have hopes of managing social media or running ad campaigns, think again. I definitely think the job title is misleading 95% of the work is reception and office assistant duties.
You are the actual marketing manager's assistant
you are basically the assistant for the entire office
And you are a receptionist...hence misleading job title.
Benefits
Cons
Entry level position no opportunity for advancement
Excellent Company
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC SOURCING (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Great culture and great people. Benefits are standard in accordance with the industry. Workplace culture in very cooperative and supportive.
one of the best places to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2016
Great location, responsible employees, multiple opportunities to advance anywhere in the world. Some senior management has the Queen Bee syndrome and are on a witch hunt and play favorites.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Queen Bee syndrome in some senior management
a typical day
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 20, 2017
AM rounds (walk the building for hazards ) check work order system to set up my schedule for the day. complete all work request .afternoon rounds
Pros
business casual attire, free coffee, work independently as well as with team when needed
Cons
no raises, under staff
Great company, loved working there!
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2016
I was quickly moved up the ladder at JLL based on my skill and performance, and loved the teams with which I worked. I was allowed to work from home when needed, giving me a great work/life balance. I was also given new responsibilities frequently, and trained on how to complete them successfully. My coworkers were wonderful, all hard-working and interested in doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was that in some ways, you need to be a self-starter and very self-motivated in order to excel. Luckily, I am, and I did. I really enjoyed the multiple opportunities I was able to seize in order to move up within the company. Great benefits, great attention to employees' needs, overall a great company. Unfortunately for my own personal reasons, I had to move on.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement, ability to jump from job to job within the company if desired
Cons
Very large company so you need to work VERY hard to make yourself stand out
Retail Review
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 14, 2016
The company is very "corporate", meaning - that they are structured to a fault. They have an internal audit that can choke a bull. The benefits are near the top of the chart, with a lot of PTO and freedom. There is little room for advancement, unless you are willing to relocate. The corporate level management is highly interested on watching their back.