JLL Employee Reviews in United States

Not Recomended
Employee (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 8, 2016
I wouldn't recommended taking a position with JLL as a broker and absolutely not as support staff. Bad management, as a broker no assistance from upper management. Lack of training, for all positions. 90% of the training JLL claims to provide is virtual videos. New pointless technology is created monthly that has no value. Most brokers lost in translation and don't even know how to correctly figure out their own paperwork. High turnover within marketing and support staff. Salary is average and benefits aren't great like being claimed by other reviews. Yes a low monthly cost but very high deductibles. You will pay 80% for every doctor appointment regurdless.
Pros
Cons
Management, training, company value
Customer Service Center
Facility Cord, Team Lead, Customer Svs Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2016
Call center was small, 7 people including the manager, when I started and now is an entire floor of the building. I learned the majority of what I know in the way of admin support, call center etiquette, computer usage and many different computer programs. My manager was wonderful. Showed how to move within the company and pushed you to be more than someone answering the phones. Co-workers were great people. Not a high turnover in my area. The hardest part of this job was the multi-tasking and also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Current mgmt
Dont work here
Fool for being there. (Former Employee) –  NY, PAJuly 26, 2016
If you are looking for disrespect, constant managers watching vehicle GPS to the second, getting written up for not answering your phone in the shower, this is the place for you. When I read the reviews, they are written by the managers. If you treated your family like JLL treats it's empolyees you would be in jail for abuse. Constant threats by managers. Make sure you sleep with a hat on and your phone next to your ear. When they lose a contract, your out the door. Not worth it. Got worst everyday. They tell you to use the restroom on your own time not their time.
Pros
Cons
Landscaper can be your boss
Job Summary
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 28, 2016
I found a working day at JLL to be interesting and challenging. I was mobile and moved from Intel Campus to campus. I worked a lot with the Project managers and conducting job walks. Reviewed pre tast plans and job hazard analysis every day. I also did the training for the company and took part in any workman's comp issues. Much, much more to the job. It was never boring.
Pros
New tasks every day
Cons
Slow on changing policies from Corporate
AR Specialist
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILMay 28, 2016
Typical day consists of downloading bank lockbox deposits, analyzing, entering, and applying cash to tenant accounts.

I learnered how to use JD Edwards, Yardi, and MRI accounting systems.

Managment rarly communicates on changes. Traing is minimal.

Co-Workers are friendly and help full.

The hardest pard of the job is dealing with unrealisic deadlines, and untrained or poorly trainded employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the casual dress code, friendly work evvironment, and the job security.
Pros
Casual dress, flexable
Cons
Poor Training, low salary =
Dont walk..Run!
Space Planner/Move Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 25, 2016
I worked for JLL for a year at a Cambridge Facility....absolute worst experience of my life. I come from a professional Facilities background and was horrified at how JLL treats and speaks to their employees. Some people in the department resigned without having a future job to go to...it was that bad. The pay is horrible.once they get you in the door and its review time..they come up with "you are at the top of your pay scale so no increase"...I can't speak for other JLL sites, but stay away from the Cambridge ones.
Great Company/Client Makes the Difference
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2016
JLL is a great company and provides you with the best tools in the industry to perform your job through their data analytics tools and cohesive environment. Everyone is willing to help grow the brand. The negative is your day to day experience really comes down to your client. The better the relationship you have with your client, the better your day to day will be.
Management Does not know how to create Team Work
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  JLL, IllinoisMay 17, 2016
Worked for many years for this company, Upper Management is terrible on most sites. They love you when you kiss up to them, when your straight with them, they can't take it! Then they will try to get rid of you! Pros money and training good on most sites. Good OLD boys Club, its not what you know but who you know. They have people in charge, that should not even be there!
Pros
Money & Overtime and Training great
Cons
People in charge that don't have a clue what there doing!
Compensation Benefits were very good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 5, 2016
Receptionist/ Clerk was my position.
My daily duties including operating a multi functional switchboard as well as sending UPS packages. Delivering mail and packages as well as office supply orders to over 450 employees in two buildings with three stories. I was also responsible for maintaining the kitchen supplies and cleanliness for nine kitchens.
The hardest part of my job with JLL was trying to align what I actually did with their yearly goal setting and review process.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients I served. Almost all were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Clientelle
Cons
Job Security
Company keeps you with their benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
JLL doesn't have a competitive salary package but they get you with their benefits. You start out with 18 PTOs which increases to 23 upon your three year anniversary but it's not worth the salary. Once you are in at a salary, be prepared for only 1-3% raises each year if anything at all. I have been at this company for over seven years and they didn't give me a salary raise this year. Fun to work with the people there but no one is looking out for you. If you want to pave your own path and don't care about salary, this is the spot to start your career.
Pros
Good environment, nice office, nice location, good coworkers, good PTO
Cons
No help from management for growth opportunities, no raise or bonus potential with certain positions, no flexibility with some positions
The happiest place I've ever worked
Regional Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
As a seasoned administrative assistant I have searched all of my working years for an employer like JLL. They have truly completed my life in terms of a career. The work environment is wonderful - they welcomed me into the "family" with open arms. I have learned so much in such a short time. I always feel my work is appreciated. Management is hands off. No micro-managing. If they trust you enough to hire you, they trust what you can do. I get numerous opportunities to learn different functions in the company.
Pros
Warm and pleasant working environment - learning at every step.
Retail Review
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 14, 2016
The company is very "corporate", meaning - that they are structured to a fault. They have an internal audit that can choke a bull. The benefits are near the top of the chart, with a lot of PTO and freedom. There is little room for advancement, unless you are willing to relocate. The corporate level management is highly interested on watching their back.
Horrible Company
Anonomyous (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 8, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for with the worst "manager" ever. Very hard to accomplish anything productive when there are constant roadblocks and you aren't given the tools and resources to do the job at hand. Very much a high school/popularity contest environment and a bully manager who lies to save their own hide. If you don't have health issues (stress, anxiety, blood pressure) when you come to work there you will within 6months.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
management is a joke
Good Company, Good Opportunities
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2016
A good company with a hands on approach to training. Workloads increase as responsibilities increase. Provides a good opportunity for exposure to client leadership teams. Company is constantly seeking to upgrade processes and technology platforms. Multiple service lines provides ability to change career paths if desired.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Turnover, Workloads
great benefits
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2016
This job is focused on customer satisfaction you must be very outgoing and ready to take on all challenging task that any of the different people from different departments come up with.
Pros
working with immediate supervisors is great they help to get the jobs completed
Cons
upper management are always changing rules and not sending down to lower employees
Great Job
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Worked as a contracted employee for BOA. This was the best job environment I have ever worked in. Always recognized for going above and beyond and the salary and benefits with Fantastic. I was downsized with BOA got into financial trouble and started to lay off its contractors.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
layed off
Semi Relax Office Setting
Clerk Mail (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
I start my shift at 7:00 a.m. the first thing I do is check my emails then my work tickets to see if it's something that is needed of me. After that I walk around the building checking the mail slots for any outgoing mail or packages, by the time I'm finished with that I wait on my deliveries then deliver them to the associates. I learned how to effectively multi task on this job, there is not a moment when I am not doing at least two things at once. I also picked up on leadership skills such as; effectively communicating, being well organized, making my co workers feel comfortable. The hardest thing about the job is being underneath so many people with high positions so it can be difficult at times on who to take instructions from. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to manage myself and not be micro managed.
Good Place to Learn and Leave
Senior Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2016
Great training, however the work-life balance is non-existent and middle management seemingly based upon time served rather than actual ability. Good place to get a first job and find a new opportunity before they are able to run you into the ground. Little room for upward growth.
Cons
Supervisors / Management, Cliquish Atmosphere
Working conditions are OK
Electrical technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 30, 2016
Management does not have a good back ground in preventative maintenance, consequently priority jobs do not get done. This is mostly cause of lack of parts or the safety culture. Most co-workers are helpers which do not have any training and JLL will not spend the money for there apprenticeship.
Great Collaborative Environment
Senior Brokerage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2016
JLL is a great place to work! Collaborative and lots of opportunities to grow within the firm. I learned a lot about negotiating deals and client management. My co-workers are great to work with and I enjoyed coming into the office everyday.