JNR Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible management vs. free coffee
Travel (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed the work that I did. The people (management, specifically), not so much.

There were some pros: the office is beautiful and located conveniently. There were fun office activities every so often, prizes and bragging rights included. Free coffee and tea in the kitchen. Advancement within is decent, sort of hit or miss (though not always based on pure talent so much as kissing the right butt).

There were a lot of cons also: the compensation was pathetic. Most of the employees, including myself, are/were grossly underpaid for the work performed. Management doesn't appreciate a lot of their employees either. The work/life balance is pretty bad too, especially given the previously mentioned poor compensation and appreciation.

There were several individuals that I (and others) had to interact with on a daily basis that were very difficult to work with. Management didn't care enough to remedy those situations, or were part of the problem.

Human Resources is a joke. A lot of their time is spent spreading rumors and gossip.

Some of this (pros and cons) is because JNR Incorporated is a small, family owned company. Some of this is because of very, very poor management choices and styles.

My advice: steer clear. Find somewhere else, you'll be happier in the long run. There's a reason there's a nearly 40% annual employee turnover rate!!
Pros
fun office activities, beautiful office
Cons
underpaid & overworked, unappreciative management
Nice Company, Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 28, 2014
JNR has a niche business, Travel and Debit Card Incentives.
When travel incentives for employees were all the rage (and companies had extra money to spend) this was the place to work.

Now with debit card (cash) incentives being offered by employers, JNR seems to be doing well again. However this market too is getting old. Companies are having a hard time funding these projects.
Employees are skeptical of the "debit card" and all in all its just a matter of time before incentives will evolve into something else.

If the company could focus on enhancing the debit card side, scaling down the travel side (not as profitable anymore) hire some outstanding developers and a sales team to go after new and fresh business, this company will once again thrive.

The do, however need to work on their HR department and the debit card management side.

The president of debit card is smart and week skilled, but she needs to be more of a president and less of a friend to her select few employees. She needs to learn to keep things confidential and be more professional. Same goes for HR.
Pros
health care, great pto
Cons
gossip, underpaid
Fast paced, fun work atmosphere
PURCHASING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 2, 2013
Its time from me to grow professionally. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is being creative and exceeding our clients objectives.