JoVE (www.jove.com) is a rapidly growing company in the field of science publishing. The company publishes first-of-its-kind science video journals and databases with the mission to increase productivity in scientific research and education. JoVE’s clients include nearly 700 universities, colleges and research institutions in North America, Europe and Asia. Among them are Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Yale, Princeton and other leading institutions. The company currently employs nearly 100 people and our main office is in Cambridge, MA. In 2013, sales growth was 57%.
We are looking for a full time Science Writer to contribute to our Science Education Database. By joining our production team you will gain experience with communicating science visually. Also, you will learn how to script narration, direct videography, and storyboard motion graphic animation. Most importantly, you will have the ability to use your scientific knowledge to help JoVE maintain its academic rigor while extending our mission to visualize science. This candidate will feel intimately connected with science despite no longer working at the bench!
- Writing scripts and generating storyboards for video projects
- Editorial oversight and management of contract writers
- Training of contract writers
- Project management to ensure completion deadlines are met
- PhD in a life science field
- Multidisciplinary expertise and/or ability to understand various scientific content
- Strong written communication skills
- Creative mindset and aptitude for visualizing scientific concepts
- Ability to think deeply and critically about science
- Ability to effectively communicate by email, phone, and in person
We offer competitive salary and medical/dental insurance.
Location: Our office is within 4 minute walking distance from the Alewife T Station (Red Line) in Cambridge.
Please reply with your resume and a one paragraph description of why you fit this position to: careers at jove.com