JoVE (www.jove.com) is a rapidly growing scientific publishing company. The first-of-its-kind, JoVE's groundbreaking format involves publishing science video journals and databases with the mission to increase productivity in scientific research and education. JoVE’s clients include over 700 universities, colleges and research institutions in North America, Europe and Asia. Among them are Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Yale, Princeton and other leading institutions. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, JoVE currently employs nearly 100 people with two international offices in London and Delhi, and a third scheduled to open in Melbourne, Australia in September 2014. In 2013, sales growth was 57%.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced and results-oriented Social Media Manager to join the JoVE Marketing team. In order to successfully deliver on a “thought leader” focused social media strategy, the ideal candidate will also have a Ph.D. in biological sciences.
- Deliver, refine and optimize social media strategy as a means of supporting and enhancing marketing, sales and PR efforts
- Utilize social media efforts to ensure the company is front of mind in relevant social media conversations and positioned as a thought leader
- Manage, post to and maintain all active social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the JOVE blog. Content mix should include elements that are informative, entertaining, humorous and topical
- Respond in a timely manner to all comments, direct messages, @ mentions and any other form of online feedback directed to JOVE by our users
- Proactively and enthusiastically participate in online conversations that are directly related to key brand promises and product benefits, especially in the area of scientific research reproducibility and innovation in research resources
- Generate content, commentary and posts that are vibrant, on-brand, resonate with our core audience and encourage regular interaction with JoVE
- Solicit original and exclusive blog content from guest contributors and manage their ongoing contributions to the blog
- Create and produce (or procure) original blog video content
- Ph.D. in biological sciences
- Extensive, current and participatory experience with key social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Strong writing skills with experience managing or contributing to relevant blogs
- The ability to create and post content that inspires comment and conversation
- The confidence to insert JOVE into relevant online conversations that occur outside of our social media platforms
- Strong strategic, project management and content parsing skills
- The ability to be provocative, entertaining or humorous while staying within the confines of positive, proactive and constructive conversation and debate
- The ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and meet all deadlines
- Talent for creating or procuring original written and video content for blog
- Ability to work strategically with key marketing campaigns, sales promotions and PR efforts
- Ability to with analytics and performance (ROI) metrics
- Ability to innovate and work independently in a results-oriented environment
SALARY: we offer competitive salary and health/dental insurance to qualified candidates.
LOCATION: our office is less than a 5 minute walk from the Alewife T Station (Red Line) in Cambridge.
TO APPLY: Please provide your resume, one paragraph describing how you fit this position and samples of your original blog content and relevant social media posts.
JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is the world's first peer reviewed scientific video journal. Established in 2006, JoVE is...