JoAnn's Fabrics

JoAnn's Fabrics Employer Reviews

Constantly busy and fun learning enviroment
Craft Team Member/Main Cashier (Former Employee), La Canada Flintridge - NorthridgeJuly 13, 2014
Pros: employee parties, friends in the workplace.
Cons: constantly busy that you feel like you dont rest, sometimes troublesome customers.
Always came into work with everyone saying hello. Even with the busy environment we always gave everyone the opportunity to get their word in. Always learned a new trick for projects from customers or coworkers to pass on to someone else. Management was friends and caring and always tried to find something to keep you busy with. Co-workers always had different talents and cultures to things we did in the store with customers and projects. The hardest part was how busy it was! you would always break a sweat there. The most enjoyable part was helping a customer that had no clue on how to start or finish their project and just making it easier for them to feel like they can do it. Always brought a smile to my face. And being one of the favorite people that customers enjoyed speaking too.
Seasonal (Christmas) part time job
Cutter (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 7, 2014
Pros: great customer contact and interaction!
Cons: sorry that it was only a temporary job!
I worked as a cutter at the fabric counter and helped customers with selection of material and aids for their projects.

Very busy; lots of fun!
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: i do not get enough hours and the pay is low.
My co-workers are very nice. The management lacks people skills.
Little physical work, fun co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas NevadaNovember 12, 2013
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: a lot of gossip.
Work is overall easy and fun, to advance (such as becoming Manager) is most likely not going ot happen unless you have been there for years. I cashier and take care of customers needs and questions. Co workers are fun. They are old and have great cooking skills! Hardest part of the job. Well if you do y our job right and rub the Manager the right way you should be fine. If not they will do their best to try and make you say I quit. Most enjoyable part of the job is looking at all the fun things my customers make.
JoAnn's Fabrics
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 7, 2013
I was glad to be a team member with this company. The thing that was most enjoyable to me was the new knowledge that I gained while working here. The environment was full of knowledge and this allowed me to learn consistently.
It was a seasonal part-time job. Intresting and very different from my past history of work performed.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 9, 2013
Pros: it was a quick job, met new people, different environment
Cons: low pay, night shift, long hours
I worked as an Seasonal Team Member
Renovate the store, move material from one side of location to the other, stock and shelve
merchandise. Responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed.
Assists in the execution of merchandising and operational functions to company standards
within sales floor areas as assigned. Perform the functions of cashiers, stockers, cutting
counter operators and customer service associates.
Enjoyed working with staff
Owner (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no consistency in work week
Helping customers, measuring and cutting fabric, enjoyed working with co-workers. Hardest part of job was really dealing with bolts of fabric. Awkward to get back into shelving -due to the material/fabric. Enjoyed helping customers, co-workers and just enjoyed the job.
Constantly busy, good production
Cashier/Fabric cutter (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NH 03801February 12, 2013
Nice place to work, very enjoyable. Worked with different personalities.
Basic job, good for high schoolers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2013
fine, the long time employees are ignorant and only do what they have to. team work does not exist..
creative
Receiving Manager Store (Current Employee), Milford, ctAugust 24, 2012
fast pace
great unity
good company for advancement opportunity
hardest part of job scheduling
team huddles every am were the best part of the day
A fun and productive place to work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: to wear an uniform and have good teams.
Cons: no benefits and very low rate to begin as an accountant or bookkeeper
Making the bookkeeping and accounting from all registers, creating spreadsheet of taxes, greeting customers, making deposits, etc. I learned how to exempt taxes from other companies that had a large purchase from us (Joann's Fabrics) to resell. The management was very flexible and supportive. My co-workers were very polite, helpful, and great team players. The hardest part of the job was not having someone to replace me when I had a doctor's appointment or a specific training. Most of the time, I had to be there all 6 days of work. To get permission for a few days off, I had to filled the paper with 6 weeks in advance, to give extra time for the management to find someone to cover my days off. Rarely, I had days off/vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job was to develop creativity to our company for the season holidays in our decoration areas.
Floor representative and cashier
JoAnn's Fabric Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Minot, NDApril 19, 2012
Dealt with the public in a retail setting, fabrics and arts and crafts. Worked most with the store manager, opening and closing.
fun workplace to be
Supervisor (Former Employee), Opelika, ALMarch 7, 2012
I was a supervisor, and a great place to work. Good job security, and great job advancement