Joann Fabrics

Joann Fabrics Employer Reviews

Great!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2014
A typical work day started with the checking of materials and monetary gain with depostis in the back. Later and overview of store for cleaniness in addtion to helping customers.
Fabric store.
Sewing Instructor (Current Employee), Pembroke PinesJune 23, 2014
I just recently was hired as a sewing teacher. As of this time I have not had a chance to show my skills. I am on a waiting list to teach classes.
Productive and easy to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLJune 20, 2014
I would clock in and get right to work. The co workers were very funny and enjoyable to work with. I loved the managers there and they are great people to work for
Good company to work for
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Holland, MIJune 10, 2014
Helping customers find product, register, stocking. Management was good. Not any conflicts with one another.
an unprofessional company
Assistant manager (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDJune 5, 2014
Pros: great discount plus i gained a lot of experience
Cons: unprofessional management, health care
I enjoyed working for this company for the first year, but it soon went down hill. The environment became hostile very quickly and there was a lot of unprofessionalism. I had an employee come to me in tears because the store manager said something rude to her.
Medicore work enviorment
Team Member (Former Employee), Brandywine, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: discount on certain items
Cons: short breaks, hectic enviornment
Clock in and work the register for however long your shift was. On a regular day you didn't learn anything new, only when a manager from a different store filled in for one of our managers. They would inform you that you were doing something wrong. Certain mangers were lazy and chose not to help out when needed, although that wasn't the case for all – more... of them. My coworkers were very down to earth and helpful . The hardest part of the job was when they were too many customers in the store and not enough employees, it was very hectic and customers were very rude and impatient. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer find everything that they came to get. – less
NOT A GREAT ENVIORMENT TO WORK
Cashier Cut Counter Stocker (Former Employee), Mankato MNMay 23, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no respect
Work was very strenuous and the management was in clicks not a good work environment at all
I did learn about fabrics on my own time not a whole lot of deep fabric training
The management made it hard to want to go to work they were all very clicky and they were mean. They were not understanding about medical issues and they decided who was in and who – more... was a outcast.
CoWorkers the people who were not clicked in with Management were very kind and helpful they were the only fun part about the job.
The hardest part of the job was having to wake up and head to work knowing how the management treated me. I DREADED going to work.
The best part of the job was working with certain coworkers and of course getting to know my customers they always had amazing and fun ideas they were always willing to share. – less
enjoyed my time
warhouse picker/temp (Former Employee), Hudson, OhioMay 20, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: not unerstanding management
I enjoyed my time there i got let go after a car accident forced me to go home early!
Great company
Customer Service & First Cutter (Former Employee), Concord, NHMay 16, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: not enough room for advancement or to utilize my skills sets
It was great working in a very friendly and creative environment where Inspiration was the theme of the day. Helping customers get the tools they needed for their creative projects were demanding but fulfilling.
Fun and crafty
Merchandising manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MDMay 4, 2014
customer focused, price audits, merchandising new product to planogram
Great Workplace
Sales Floor/ Education coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2014
Pros: productive and fun workplace
Great workplace and good benefits. Management is great enjoy working with all my co-workers.
Below average work environment.
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: lack of leadership
Loved working but the work environment was difficult. A lot of customer complaints because of long lines and low staffing.
treated customers very well
Cashier (Former Employee), owings mills mdApril 20, 2014
was able to assist customers in person and telephone assist at the fabric department
Fun and outgoing. great team to work with.
Cashier (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 11, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: short breaks
Joann Fabrics is a great opportunity. They seem to have everything to do with crafts. I work with the best people anyone could ask for.
Fun enviroment, great co-workers
Head Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee), San Jose, Ca 95118April 10, 2014
Pros: free classes, discounts, job stability
Cons: nowhere to move up, benifits for myself and family is more than 30% of pay
It's a fast paced job. I always have things to do. The customer interaction is great. I've learned a lot, and I get lots of new ideas. The best part is fulfilling guests needs. My goal everyday is to make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
Fun place if you like Fabric or Crafts
Cutting Table Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2014
I enjoy the job and environment. The pay is very low and there are few benefits beyond the enjoyment of working with fabric.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), 2639 N. Elston AveMarch 28, 2014
Pros: 20% team member discount
Cons: short breaks
Typical Day at work, gets every busy on weekends. I learned alot about Fabrics and new ideas on being crated.
fun place
Manager (Former Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 24, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was finding out what projects people are working on this time around. I learned how to lead a team.
It was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Roxbury, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
I worked for Joann Fabrics for almost 5 years and was satisfied with the company and the fellow employees I worked with
Work Place
Associate (Former Employee), CountrySide, IllinoisMarch 13, 2014
Pros: early morning shifts
Cons: dont get alot of hours, no communication
Good place to work for if first job. Management not very well, no communication, Don't get a lot of hours, Always short employees. No organization

1 2 3 4 5