Job Corp Employee Reviews

Can be a very cultured place but can be too cultured
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Have to wake up at 6 every morning to sign in, take a shower, get dressed, go to breakfast, go to class by 7:30. Have a break at 9:30, lunch was at 12:30, back to class, break at 2:00, out of class at 4. Dinner at 6, between time I played basketball and worked out or stayed in my room and slept or watched movies. 8 o'clock had to be on dorm and do our chores. Had to stay in our rooms by 10 and lights out at 10:30.
Great if you fit in with the right groups and people
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 15, 2016
I am grateful for the opportunities given to me and my experiences there, but at the same time I don't have too much great to say from my experience there although I ve had so much worse I feel that they waste a lot of potential with certain people there unless you play the game right which is most places, but in social work type settings I don't believe this needs to be the case. However I say try it out and you may fit in and get what you want out of the company.
Pros
Can have great co workers and clients and opprotunities. Great benefits and a set schedule and hours
Cons
Can have opposite as above.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 17, 2016
Great company to work for I picked up lab work from different places. I got to travel all over Georgia. I got to make sure Patients got there lab work in a timely manner
Job Corp
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2016
A typical day would involve going to school, then back to the dorm after. I learned how to handle adult situations in a work area, I learned a lot about electrical wiring. The teacher spoke with a strong accent. Which didn't mater because the book they provided was very informing. The students there would sometimes have nothing else to do but cause drama with each other. Only speaking for the one who had to live on campus.The hardest part of the job would be beginning deplore on every little thing that didn't sit well with someone. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the beautiful in the ugly when it came to situations.
Pros
Free education and living
Cons
Restrictions like the military
its ok
kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2016
its pretty good, its different but at the end of the day you get use to it because the people at job corps care about you that here for you they want you to do better.
Pros
good educaton and work experince
Cons
don't get enough sleep
Very poor leadership
Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 8, 2016
This Company is not a place to work, or send students. The instructors are not trained and only hired on the buddy system.
Certified Smaw Welder, great instructor and workplace enviroment
CERTIFIED WELDER AND NAVAL TECH (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYFebruary 5, 2016
I would arrive at the welding shop fully dressed in welding attire. we have assigned helmet and station. what ever project we were not able to finish that day it was ready and set up the way you organized your station. I finished the program at the accelerated pace turning 8 months into 4. it was a great experience to help me build and analyze building concepts with metal along with my wood shop experience.
Pros
allowed to practice my craft with in the work place for hours
Cons
Not having a enough time to enjoy learning everything about mig and tig welding
Positive
Job Corp OJT (Former Employee) –  WVOctober 25, 2015
Was on level ground, and solid belief of the program.

Grew at a good rate as a thinking resourceful individual.

Forward looking and positive environment.
Pros
Personal goal attainment
Cons
Limited time.
Great trade school
Electrical Helper/Pre Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2015
Job Corp gave me an hands on approach for the electrician trade. I have gain a lot of knowledge in a year and pretty sure i'm going to learn more.
love the whole orgization
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  bostonJuly 30, 2015
it helped me tremendously with my work ethics along with my perception of what an employer actually is in the real work world.
overall just like anywhere you go and live there will be ups and downs but the whole intention of job corps ways are to better you and I think this program will take people from the worst for the better.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
comunication
Full of drama
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Cassadaga, NYMarch 25, 2015
The typical work day was the utmost productive, however, when I get back in the dormitories its all drama with he say she say business, fights and so on.
Pros
Almost everything is free
Cons
Inconsistently
for students who need assistance with career
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 26, 2015
Positive, friendly environment. Supervisor is excellent with working with students and providing assistance with career.
Simple
Computer Specialists (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, AlbanyNovember 25, 2014
The job was relativity easy. it was kind boring and repetitive. I learned how to make a power point and how to use Microsoft word properly. the hardest part was sitting down for long periods of time. but that's one of the things I learned how to do.
Pros
Computer time
Cons
Sitting and looking at computers for so long
a fun place to learn at
Student (Former Employee) –  tucson azOctober 21, 2014
long busy and exciting I learned how to be a cna a typical day started at 8am to 3pm the most exciting part was meeting people from different parts of the world
a
Cement Mason / Tile setter (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 25, 2014
i was shop manager. i learned how to get along and work with others on a job
Interacting with trainees with different backgrounds and assisting trainees to better manage independent living skills.
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Grafton, MAAugust 17, 2014
Start of the work shift includes briefing of previous shift about any issues or concerns and trainee accountability.
Typical work shift includes interacting with the general campus population. Providing trainees with employable information, managing independent skills to improve self efficacy, and ensuring a safe, stable living environment while trainees focus on education.
Pros
Interacting, mentoring, guiding trainees as a positive role-model.
Director freely violated AZ employment laws and tried to blame me.
Business Management Systems Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Cave, KYJune 23, 2014
Summary says it all. Do not trust director for factual information.
Pros
teachers really want to help
Cons
administration is unsupportive and uncaring for teachers outside the liberal and progressive bubble, but will not admit it.
Its a productive and fun workplace
CMA Classes (Former Employee) –  8460 Shelbyville rd.June 16, 2014
I learned OSHA safety guidelines, how a Venipuncture is performed and Capillaries, and injections
Pros
free lunch
Cons
15 min breaks
Fun experience, but it is very strict on rules and regulations
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2014
In my experience in Job Corps, I felt like I was the only person who was more mature than anyone in my vocational trait. But, I've learned that it was best to associate myself with other in my age group than with others who are at a younger age group. I have really learned a lot about what to expect from working in the field of security and investigations, and I also learned that I should be able to manage my finance more often. The most enjoyable part about Job Corps was understanding the importance of safety inspections and maintenance reports within the campus. As well as the importance of radio, key, and equipment inventory. The management was actually helpful and it did feel as if they were trying to make everyone feel welcome in their field of interests to their vocational training. My fellow security trainees in the field of security and investigations were actually helpful in cooperation with our superiors and co-workers. The hardest part of the training is memorization and maintaining the crowd-control. But, overall, I would say that vocational training in Job Corps was an incredible experience for me. And I am very greatful for choosing Job Corps.
Pros
Free Lunch, Extra Pay For Higher Status, Better Housing Opportunities, and Extra Opportunities for Continuing One's Education.
Cons
Healthcare, Lack of Spacial Structure For Dormitories.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 11, 2013
Under Government contract and we never knew the contract could be lost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Job Corp. Our community is ready to answer.