Job Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Get out when you can
Academic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
Never work for them....
not a good place to work if you intend grow, the give you false promises and hopes.

If you are not a male or the right skin color for get it....
Pros
Cons
No-one knows anyone
workplace
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
at the workplace is a typical day we go in the workshop and go over our rules and safety (PPE) for the day then go out and do work
Good Place to Work
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 19, 2016
Job Corps is a family environment. The staff here are like my brothers and sisters, we look out for each other and it is a fun place to be.
In side life
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2016
Job Corps help me get in the class i need to be there are requirements that you need in classes.

San Jose,Job Corps take the students to the Silicon Valley Career Technical Education Center get your career classes.

In the Computer Tech, We do hands on training to know how to fix computer and laptop.After that we learn how to use software and programs.
Student
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2016
I started off as a student and did work study, I learned how to do the trade that I am currently working in
productive workplace
Clinical Medical Assistant (Phlebotomy) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2016
every day at work is different. I always have a smile on my face, Im always in a good mood. people love working with me i get good ratings, i learned good customer service skills, i also learned how to work microsoft applications and answer phone calls. The hardest part of my job is not knowing what to do. The most enjoyable part is getting the job done and make sure the customer is always satisfied.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Sporadic and well rounded work and learning environment.
Line Cook, Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 19, 2016
I've found my time in Job Corps. to be invaluable. Making life long friends, working with amazing co-workers(though a bit rough around the edges) and Supervisors(Also a bit rough around the edges) while the hiring system wasn't well thought out many who i worked with had low self-esteem and social quirks that seemed irredeemable but we trained into assets. While most of the situations i'd been in were common place seen critically I personally learned how easy it is to see the other side of any issue. I'd learned from the best and assisted in teaching better then myself. In some ways helped prove that their are many hard working qualities even in the laziest workers.
Pros
Great food, Strong moral guidence.
Cons
Overly critical and sometimes rude supervisors
I loved workng with the babies at the daycare.
Child Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 18, 2016
The best part of the job was working with the babies at the daycare.it was a great chance to work in the field that I enjoy and that is working with children.
ok
CMA (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2016
confirming purpose of visit. Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
Im saddened because the center closed down
Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 17, 2016
I loved working their helping students who were not fortunate to receive a regular high school diploma.

We were able to help troubled students to focus on their goals on how to become productive citizens
Pros
helped to place students on jobs pertaiining to their trade
Cons
center was closed down
It can be a good place if you make it so
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pine Knot, KYMay 11, 2016
It's a okay place to go and learn a trade you have a passion for but the other people living and learning trades here make it not as good
electrical trade
Electrician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 5, 2016
when in trade we are always doing something. no one is sleeping and doing nothing we are either on the computer working or on a job site learning and working. the trade instructors are great they make sure you know what your doing and if you don't they help u step by step all the way. every day was something new it was a lot of fun and a lot of work but i loved it because i got taught the right way and then became foreman of my trade because i was a fast learner then most people and i had no problem taking charge and teaching students new things and how to get to task at hand done right. job corp helps in a lot of ways and so dose the teachers there. great experience
Cons
everything was great
productive work invironment
Job Training (Former Employee) –  Treasure Island, CAApril 22, 2016
productive work environment. job training on a daily. Helpful staff. Considerate people, everyone is so fun to be around.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
didnt get paid enough for the work done
Interactive and engaging place to work each day
Student Personnel Officer Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, kyApril 18, 2016
Most days are the same, but some really get lively depending on what student behavior is like. It can be a real challenge to get things done like they are supposed to be in the time frames given.
Pros
advancement opportunities.
Cons
Lack of direction
Job Corps has been an interesting job
Academic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 13, 2016
I have learned to work with a very diverse population of students from around the country from different socioeconomic backgrounds, cultures, and have enjoyed the learning experience. The staff who work there are among the most caring people with whom I have ever worked.
Pros
Support from my supervisor and other staff members
Cons
Insurance is expensive and it is a 12 month job with very few breaks.
productive, educational, provoking
Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
It's okay. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to find a job for any kind of trade. This program helps you maintain control of your anger problems,
Pros
getting paid every two weeks
Cons
not getting paid every week
Fun workplace taught me a lot
Clinical Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 9, 2016
I learned all my skills here I got certified didnt get paid while i was there but 60 dollars a month but they gave me shelter food and all the qualifications and certifications I needed it a very good place to learn if you go to learn and not to mess around very good instructors and management
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Cant leave campus without permission
very motivated center for all people the need a extra help..
facility buliding contruction (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2016
school day and teachers are great. you can learn a lot if you want all up to you...disciplines you well with money and independeces...
Pros
great networking place meet people from all over
Cons
on campus living are only good for the younger crowd.
Job corps
Welding (Former Employee) –  Curlew, IAApril 3, 2016
Job Corps was a fun experience & I learned a lot and got a ged and some certificates met a lot of friends and had a great time.
Active fun learning envierment
Job Corps (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, MDMarch 20, 2016
I've been attending Job Corps since May 27,2015 until March 30, 2016, I enjoyed attending this school I learned a lot about how to carry myself especially in a professional setting. I would recommend everyone to at least try out Job Corp.