Job Corps

Job Corps Employer Reviews

Loved working with the youth
Career Preparation Counselor (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: working with the youth
Cons: not on a bus line...
If you enjoy working with the youth then this indeed is your dream job!! The job isn't difficult but there are many factors to consider when applying for this job such as the turn over. I loved the job but had to resign due to becoming ill.... as a result of this I would like to be reconsidered for the position that I had to resign from.
I love assisting people with their career or schooling
Admission Counselor (Current Employee), Akron, OHApril 3, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: nothing
I meet with students and help them choose a path that they can have a career in. I give a lot of youth a second chance daily and I love it.
Had great expierence working with this school.
Job Corps (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 27, 2014
They gave me skill that help me do and be where im at now, how to make a resume, cover letter, how to apply, did mock interview wich was very helpful, gave an experience of what a working life was.
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table.
Career Advisor (Current Employee), Centerville, UTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: beer provided on fridays.
Cons: no vacation time for a year
Loved my job. Very supportive management team. work efforts rewarded.
very productive and a helpful center with lots of activities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: government funded
Cons: having to pay for taxie and having to get points to leave off center
we have training hours throughout the day from 8.00 am till 320 pm we have morning meetings every Monday and afternoon meetings every Wednesday wich is also gi night (general inspection) I have learned to be a good employer and hown to conduct myself on an interviews and goin to workbase to get the experience of the career of our choice.my co workers – more... are very hardworking individuals they are all about good life changes and helping to get their peers to the promise land they are very professional. there isn't any hardest parts about the job unless the co workers doesn't want to comply with their instructor or boss.the most enjoyable part is that throughout the day we all gather around to have lunch in the classrooms we are getting active and doing labs and activities involving you trade.jobcorp0s is the best place to be I recommend everyone whos anyone to go! – less
It was a great experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: the training skills
Cons: the curfew
Job Corps was a great personal experience and I learned a lot of training skills that will benefit my career path.
An Amazing Experience that i will never forget
Cook/Food Prep/Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner free housing
Cons: can only go out on weekends, no electronic devices during work hours
A typical day at work at Edison Job Corps involved getting food prepared, cooked, and served food for seventy to one-hundred twenty five students a day and four hundred-fifty industrial members in a short period of time (two to four hours). I've learned since working at Edison Job Corps that there will be times when a person is stressed out but it's – more... what a person do when stressed out that counts. I learned that people may not always get along with their co-workers but in order to satisfy the customers and overall provide a better result teamwork is necessary. I learned that sometimes a hard task may be given to a person alone but by simply not stressing out and working diligently that task can be accomplished. The head chef at Edison Job Corps was very helpful also willing to lend a hand to less experienced chefs. The head chef provided correct measurements, strategies to accomplish a task faster, knowledge of several ingredients, and sauces or ingredients that can spice up or even enhance the flavor of an already appetizing dish. My co-workers were very hard working although hard to get along with at times. My co-workers provided excellent assistance and liked to work in teams to accomplish a specific goal. The hardest part of the job was making a specific dish and having it fall on the floor which happened often during very busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that feeling a person gets when they accomplished a goal that at first seemed impossible, only to have it done through dedication, ambition, and overall commitment. – less
Productive fun and safe workplace
HOMELAND SECURITY GUARD TRAINEE (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinners and brunches
Cons: short breaks and healthcare coverage
-The work environment was very busy, challenging and places to visit and see.
- I have learned that the more work you complete, the further you get towards success
-The organization was in order, very clean, and plenty to do.
-Many co-worker from all over the state and country was here and was a great experience to learn their culture
-The hardest part – more... of the job, was that I've met so many nice people that didn't want me to go back to Columbus, OH due to my work ethic and how I've helped create ideas and formed organizations to better enhance communities.
-The most enjoyable part of being a homeland security guard trainee for flint, Michigan was that I was in charge of a lot of workers who enjoyed having me around. – less
Productive workplace , Came and got what i needed.
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAFebruary 21, 2014
I genrally enjoyed working on the center it was a great experience.
N/A
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee), Franklin, NCFebruary 11, 2014
I learned to be a smart , strong , and hard worker. Pouring slabs , making the concrete. Learning how to make sidewalks , driveways , and making pavements. It was very hard work but in my eyes hard work pays off.
Job Corps
completed student (Former Employee), NVFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free health care, free food, good achievements
Cons: drugs, alcohol, fights
I completed the training but the school itself is a little bit of a get away for people who do drugs and drink. A lot of fights happened there and it wasn't even a good situation to be around.
business
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2014
great learning place for business office administration! gets your ready for the business world
Administrative Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Medical Administrative Assistant
Job Corps, Brunswick Georgia
2013
• Demonstrated use of computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
• Sorted incoming mail and faxes for distribution
• Knowledge in scheduling appointments
• Customer Service
• Prepared clear and concise correspondence using appropriate form letter
• Typing speed at – more... 60 WPM
• Ability to create and maintain medical charts – less
overall
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bamberg, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: empolability
job corps is the best thing to happen to me as far as schooling goes i now can work on getting a career that i have needed for a while.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2014
I assisted physicians with medical procedures, wound care. I learned patient administration, how to file patient charts, & prepared exam rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing care to the patients.
A motivating and multi-cultural place to obtaint training and employment
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee), NVJanuary 14, 2014
I refer people here all the time because of how much this place has helped me when I needed it. I was able to train in a vocation that was for certified nursing assistant and have been certified ever since. The instructors were very positive and motivating to keep you pushing towards completion. The hardest part was if you missed a meal, the cafeteria – more... was closed until the next meal time. The best part was meeting students from exotic islands and learning more about different cultures. – less
Learning
student (Former Employee), Mammoth Cave, KYJanuary 13, 2014
I went to Job Corps as a computer tech. and ended up achieving my G.E.D and switching to Building and facility maintenance. Graduating at the top of my class.
great place to work potentially with good mangement
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Grafton, MAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: the great young adults you get to meet
Cons: management. mangement!!
Manangement ran the place more so like a lock down facilty than a place to help young people grow.
None.
Full Time Student Employee (Former Employee), NVJanuary 8, 2014
No fun. Learned some things, but at the end of it all, it was a waste of time.
San Diego Job Corps
Solar Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2014
This is a trade school. I learned how to be a solar technician. Not a job but my peers were great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Job Corps

Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, – Read more