Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), HARLEM, NYDecember 12, 2014
i enjoy working here however i am ready to expand my horizons to a more lucrative position. My employees are wonderful however the management team needs a lot of help. a lot of help to the point i feel like it does hinder front of the house to really execute the best customer service that we can .
Great Place to work
Head Bartender (Former Employee), Branson, MODecember 12, 2014
Room to advance, the managers are awesome and the staff is great. very fast paced and fun.
fun workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: around people
Cons: short breaks, no free meals
I love my job, great workplace, and great co-workers. Typical day at work is face to face with customers and sales. I have learned a lot through Joes Crab Shack, including confidence, and courage, no matter what I always made sure I met my goals. My management has taught me a lot, they made me a better cashier server! They taught me to handle situations – more... that I never thought I could handle. My hardest part of my job is, not making the goals I set for myself daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is the face to face with customers, I'm a big people person and love talking to people and building relationships! – less
great stepping stone
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee), Township of Brick, NJDecember 1, 2014
has a well balanced management staff that takes care of the employees,
Joes serves as a great stepping stone for food service
Good Food Good People Go Entertainment
o Preparation Cook (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discount on food.
Cons: cant think of cons.
Was part of the cooking team so my job was in back of the house high enrgey job. Leaned a lot about OSHA food safety good mangement and the bust co-workers real team work enjoyed every part of my job.
great team work
Server (Former Employee), Celebration, FLNovember 25, 2014
Cons: management has a high turn over.
I loved working here for the main reason that it helped me better my time mangement and muli tasking skills. There were a lot more duties involved as far as entertaining the guest that there wasn't at other restaruants.
Fun place to work with long hours
Server, shift leader (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJNovember 24, 2014
Pros: staff is great and energetic
Cons: no breaks, long hours
Your salary is based on your work ethic and interacting with guests. Must be outgoing and knowledgeable about the menu.
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: short staffed, management sucks
If you want no life and want to host /clean tables run food, run drinks, sell retail, clean up throw up and clean the bathrooms at the end of the night this is the job for you. No breaks. Fast paced type of job, dancing is also required.
Unorganized young adults
Host/Waiter/Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lauderhill, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: no breaks, long hours, rude co-workers and guest
People bringing their personal problems to work, and immature
Productive and Extreme Volume
Cook (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 9, 2014
I would come in and prep for the dinner rush. Working there was akin to a totalitarian dictatorship. The management worried about their social lives and not the focus on the customer or the workers. The co workers i had were great. We made the most of a poor work environment with little to no store moral.
Not a great place/work environment.
Host (Former Employee), Olathe, KSNovember 5, 2014
GM is unprofessional, he will belittle you regularly and have blatant disregard for your availability. There is nothing enjoyable about this job save for the pay, which is decent if you need a job and do not have a higher education. The place is always out of things you need to do you job, i.e plates, crab crackers, bibs, silverware, and cups.
Fun Workplace
Restaurant hostess (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYNovember 5, 2014
Very Busy but fun. The dances the employees had to do while the guests ate kept everyone entertained.
Totally horrible
Hostess/server (Former Employee), Westbury, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: coworkers, guest
Cons: no breaks, 25%discount, management
The General manger was horrible. Just a bad company to work for as a whole. If it weren't for my coworker don't know how I'd survive. But everyone ended up leavening because of management. It was really that bad. Don't get me wrong the guest and regulars are awesome. It's just the management just really bad. Particular the gm, I've seen people that – more... work there for years leave the entire company because of management. – less
Environment that encourages fun.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great environment.
Cons: poor balance of work and life. demanding.
Joe's allowed me to learn more about seafood, as I had not worked in that environment before.
Former employee
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, flOctober 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals, dancing
Cons: no breaks, poor management, low pay, no organization at the work place
Some of the people I worked with wee nice for the most part, but management and butt kissers are the o Lu people who really advance in this company! Management act like they care when u get hired but after u are just another replaceable person! I was hired as a server at $4.91 plus tips but had to do every other job including being a dishwasher most – more... the time! Very poor training! My first day of training I was stuck doing dishes for 4 hours! And the second day I was thrown to the wolfs! Keep in mind this was my first serving job! So I had no idea of how to do many things! Management said I was too much of a people person! Also the only time management seemed like they cared was when the higher ups came in! I saved two lives when I worked there and didn't even get recognized for it! Also the schedule changed daily even through it was a set schedule! U could get written up and fired for the dumbest thing! Such as not giving the customer silverware right away or not giving them free food and them in return calling management or writing a review about u! I don't think they should even still be in business! – less
Family styled workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Hoover, AlOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fun environment, fun place to work, flexible sceduling
Cons: no benefits, low pay, not enough hours
seat customers, bust tables, maintenance and cleanliness of the restroom

I've learned that i will not get along with all my co-workers but i have learned that things can be resolved if i stay level headed and open minded.

Some of the managers, play favorites with their employees and that they abuse their power when they are upset or feel challenged. – more... most of them are closed minded and manipulative.

The hard part of my job is management and customers that want to have things their way all the time even if it is against company policy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the families i see having a great time because of our restaurant and staff. I also love the new friends i have. We are all completely different and yet have come to love one another like a family. – less
Productive Fun Enviorment
Host (Former Employee), Deptford, NJOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discount! 50% off food
Cons: dining discount is paid for by you and you cant use it on take out, no room for growth, always changing
.Joe's Crab Shack Was A Great Experience. I Had My Ups And Downs There. Great team. Fun to work with, willing to help each other.
Great Place
Host Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: pay
Great place to work, great food and co-workers. Management is great as well as the customers
Fun atmosphere and people, but confusing management
Greeter (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: 50% off food, great co-workers, dancing
Cons: no breaks, confusing management, poor pay, no chance for advancement
I loved working with the people I worked with. A lot of times it felt like a party. However, things often got confusing as the managers were rarely on the same page. We also didn't get fully trained by our trainer, nor did we really have a chance for advancement.
Fun, fast and friendly work environment.
Head Host/Server (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on all food and souvenirs.
Cons: short breaks.
Working for Joe's Crab Shack, there was always new things to learn and adapt to. The mind set was to expect the unexpected, always. My co-workers were amazingly friendly and easy to work with. The management at Joe's was interesting. They definitely had favorites and made it known. Not everyone was fond of the system they had, but it was one to work – more... with. The hardest part of the job was fundraising and receiving donations for whatever fundraiser was going on that month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the outcome and the people I worked with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Joe's Crab Shack

With over 130 locations nationwide and more on the way, Joe's Crab Shack is quickly becoming America's favorite neighborhood seafood – Read more