Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Disgusting
Bartender/Bar manager (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NY 11901January 19, 2018
Based on the fact that the Riverhead location is no longer open that should explain just how horrible the place was. I am surprised it took as long as it did for that location to close.
Pros
Nothing.
Poor Management
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2018
The management staff at this location is more worried about socializing with staff. Rather than taking care of the building or the guests that come to eat there. The General Manager avoids most issues concerning the staff. This creates chaos and hostile work environment.
Very Chill Enviorment
Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Came to work made sure all areas of the store were clean. Made sure all employees were good in each station especially servers. Greeted each customer with a smile.
Can be a fun environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Not really a bad place to work, its just poor management and a lot of favoritism. There's also lack of products and utensils. Also lack of respect between employee and management.
Great place great tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working at Joe's. It is fast paced, so be prepared for that. But I made pretty good money there with how well people tip. It is a more expensive restaurant so you do get decent tips there. I was able to work part time ( I was a student) and live off of what I made. If you advance to bartender eventually you can make a great living.
Exciting place to be on a daily
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2018
This was definitely a great work environment always something exciting going on. I love the dancing and the music the shirts were the best for work. A typical day at Joe's is always interesting.
Pros
dancing food fun
Cons
busy all the time
Fun, easy to be apart of the team
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
While dancing to certain songs during the shift wasn't I expected to be regular, was certainly fun. Motivated staff and guests to have fun when doing so. Wasn't familiar with seafood but the training made it easier to comprehend, faster.
Pros
Discounts, fun environment and staff, rewarded based on performance
Cons
Sometimes concept songs were too constant
Fun workplace
Barback (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It was a fun place to work with chill people which were not stressed and were nice to each other. A lot of things should be improved there. The hardest part was customer service
Fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJanuary 10, 2018
It was a fun part time job. I love the food. I loved the people I worked with. Made life long friends.
Sanitation of restaurant could use some work but over all good.

I was hoping to stay but the hours along with my school and very low pay were not worth the time.
Pros
discount on food, fun work atmosphere
Cons
weird hours, low pay
Ok I Guess
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Staff was very friendly and few in management wanted you to succeed. Best part of the day is the money made. No real hard part for me. Culture was very relaxed.
Typical Restaurant
Server Trainer - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Loved working there for a long time, but then they started to go through many different managers and the company just started to go down hill. It has its good things and bad just like any other chain restaurant.
Ok for young kids and early adults.
Flex Supervisor/Busser/Dishwasher/Server/Host (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 4, 2018
This job is highly recommended for any high school kid or any kids going to college or are in college. This job is not all too bad in all honest opinion. Rarely stressful unless you let managers or employees get to you.
Kitchen life at joes was always stressful
Lead Expo (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Loud, fast paced, and dirty all the while time and detail matter. Coworkers are your second family, management doesnt care, and the customers are always a surprise.
Productive and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 1, 2018
While I worked at Joe's Crab Shack it was fun and a great experience for me. The workers were nice and loving to dance. The management was great. I had a blast learning all the cool dances.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
I didn't like dancing.
Friendly environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 30, 2017
Joe’s Crab Shack has okay people and management working but their unorganized! It’s been almost two weeks since checks got release and I still didn’t receive my check
Relaxed, Fast Paste
Host (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 29, 2017
Joes's Crab Shack is a fun all around great place to work! I love it there. You engage and interact with the guest while entertaining them while the have a meal. You dance, smile, greet, the guest. Yet, when it's buy it's very busy and fast past so you have to balance the two. Overall, a great place to work!
Pros
Fun, Great Pay
Cons
It gets slow, no PTO
Terrible GM
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 27, 2017
Great place to work for until new company took over. No sense of direction, terrible decision making, lack of restaurant knowledge and communication...A lot of HR problems.
Bad place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2017
You will work 60 hours a week. You will be understaffed with managers. You will be given unrealistic goals and business targets. This job will teach you how to be well rounded in management. It will give you the knowledge to be successful in your future.
Review
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2017
Loved my co-workers, management was great at the end and was really working toward making the restaurant better. It rarely got super busy, but on weekends it was a very steady flow of customers. Sad that is closed and we all had to leave, I really enjoyed working there.
Fun workplace and fast pace.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 15, 2017
Great management. Enjoy the other employees. Learn to manage my work time while. Great workplace culture. Wish I had more hours and more business. Enjoyed to go to work everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9