Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews in United States

Positive
Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2016
Long day of craziness, hard work and dealing with an odd customer base. Not the best place to work long-term, but tips tips tips... Fast and furious.
fun place with bar and good food
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
the overall work enviroment was a fun based place to work work ethic was low due to managment and staff lack of communication between both long hours were tough to balance family and work schedules
Pros
very family orientated
Cons
lack of communication between emplyees and management
Fast paced working environment
Hostess duties and customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37201April 5, 2016
A typical day at work for Joe's was usually very productive and busy. There were hardly any slow days, which was fine. I learned how to treat customers with respect and how to predict some of their needs before they even ask. I learned how to multitask and how to keep my environment low stress. The management was okay, but they would use curse words to express their feelings instead of simply telling you what you could improve. My co- workers were great and very helpful. The hardest part about the job at the time was sometimes you worked 15 hours a day with minimal breaks, and sometimes you wouldn't get a break. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fun we did have sometimes.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management at the time.
Fun and good Managment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2016
Relaxed environment, expect to learn recipes with fun managers, the hardest part is applying and maybe learning the recipe if you haven't had any line experience.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short Breaks if any
Productive and fun workplace
Flex Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 23, 2016
you will make good money and have fun doing it. In the winter months you will not make as much as the summer months. overall great place to work.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
might not be able to take a break
Fun all the time
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMarch 22, 2016
Everyone is always happy. Fun environment. It can have its down days but many more ups. The managers are amazing and always have their employees backs.
Joe's Crab Shack experience
Host Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2016
Joe's is a high volume restaurant with dancing, great crab, a circus like ambiance and whole lot of energy. The most enjoyable part about working there was making someone's birthday, anniversary, graduation day brighter.
Pros
Dancing, environment, experience
great place to work
Flex Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2016
i worked at a very high volume store in co-op city i learned a lot from being a line cook to becoming a flex manager had great co-workers that were easy to work along side with the hardest part of my job was doing multiple stations at once but i am great at multi-tasking so i held up but it was all rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
high volume store fast paced so the days went by quickly
Cons
alot of work and no recognition
I did not like this job
Host (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 10, 2016
Very poor business
I wish to not be a Host ever again,I didn't really learn much. I felt over qualified for this job food business isn't the best working experience
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
To many host working at once
Lucrative and Fun!
Server/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 7, 2016
Working as a server in a fast paced restaurant makes for a busy shift. I enjoy interacting with a wide variety of guests and honored they choose to celebrate special occasions at our establishment. My experience as a server has taught me to engage with different cultures, prioritize the guests needs, and effectively problem solve all while maintaining a calm, energetic attitude.The most difficult aspect of this position is the amount of income is based on how the restaurant functions as a whole and not necessarily based on the service aspect. This position has given me the opportunity to become emotionally intelligent. The management team works diligently to promote teamwork and effectively communicate what is expected of our performance. Recognition and praise is given to all employees at the appropriate time. The service industry has a high turn over rate which changes the dynamic of the work environment. Co-workers assist and orient new team members in a casual and fun work environment.
Pros
lucrative, flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks, insurance to full time employees only
Good way to make money, but they'll hire anybody
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 4, 2016
Easy job, excessive cleaning when big wigs are in town, high chances of making money just can be hectic in busy times. Advice is to go in and do your job and stay mildly to yourself
Cons
Paid discounts $18/mth
Hectic but
Line cook, server, hostess, expeditor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty hectic. I am constantly helping servers with their questions. After a long day, sitting at home, it is an adjustment to not be helping someone with something.
I am the major line of communication between the servers and cooks. The 2nd hardest part of the job is having to deal with tempers and people who want to argue with you about something. However, I would have to say that the hardest part of the job would be that it can be very stressful during the busy hours. Funnily enough, that can be the best part of the job as well. It feels really good after an 11 hour shift to know that upwards of $25,000 worth of food passed through my hands successfully. My coworkers are pretty easy to get along with and I have even made a few very close friends.
Management is pretty well trained especially the general manager who we all respect and love. His job is highly stressful and yet he always has our best interests at heart.
I have been at this job for 13 years and while it has been a good experience I would really like to move on, preferably using my degree I worked so hard for.
Pros
Great management, rewarding after a long day
Cons
Exhausting hours in a hot kitchen, not using my degree
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Dishwasher/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Day went by real fast. It was an really bust establishment. Great coworkers the worst part about the job was the trash duty.
Could have been better
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 12, 2016
I liked working at Joes but there were many negative aspects to it where it made working there pretty harsh. Although i could find way mroe things that i loved about that place. The staff there were great people, most of the customers were a lot of fun, i wish the management would have ran things a little bit smoother, but nothing to be too worried about.
Pros
Half price food, fun coworkers, happy customers, great view
Cons
no breaks at all, management was a little messy, some customers were terrible.
fast paced and friendly restaurant with colorful floors
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 6, 2016
Typical day at work is always an enjoyment being around a full staff who are always energetic and ready to work and see what the night has ahead of us. management is always right there when a question arises and its always a team effort to get tasks completed and to make the customers satisfied. Co workers are friendly and understanding and its always like a big family while at work.
Good Money
Server (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
You can make some very good money at this restaurant as long as you are willing to put up with a ever complaining management staff.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed dancing making my customers laugh and just having a fun time while working. I learned how to have fun and work at the same time.
Fast-paced and fun people to work with.
Hostess/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Very easy yet always busy. The people make it fun to work there. Also, getting along with customers is always nice. I feel like management somewhat takes advantage of their employees.
Pros
Half off of everything. Decent hours.
Cons
No benefits.
Great day to day job
Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Everyday is different. Daily interaction with guests. Helps you learn time management skills, multitask, and problem solve. A fast paced environment, with management that keeps you in mind.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Majority are part time, Limited advancement opportunities.
Fun environment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Great staff and management. Always busy, always something to do. Only downside was the work hours. Not able to have much family time. Always working nights, weekends and holidays. Great job for someone without children. Employees were like family.