Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Fun productive workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2017
Good jpb for college students make great pay and they are flexible sitj schedules. Room for advancement if you are into being flexible. I worked their for 2 years.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
All work holidays and weekends
High energy, fast paced
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 6, 2017
Super fast paced and can be difficult at times, but if you are comfortable with what you are doing and able to handle customer relations then it is an overall easy job.
Terrible management and very dirty
Server (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 5, 2017
The store I worked at was very unprofessional and the managers we had were the worst. They never really paid much mind to the employees and failed to help at all when we were really busy. Everything was unorganized as a system and we had half of our employees working doubles all the time unwillingly, and the other half got days off like it wasn't anyone's business. There was no room for advancement and we didn't have any incentives/benefits. The kitchen and dishes were DISGUSTING and were hardly ever cleaned. Plates and silverware would have leftover food still on them and be wiped off with a paper towel and sent out to the guests to use. There was mold around the refrigeratora and coolers and raw meat would be left out all day. By far the worst place I've ever worked !
Pros
Food testing, easy money
Cons
Literally everything else
Coworkers made it a fun place to work
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 5, 2017
Long hours with barely no break to eat food. I learned how satisfy customers and make their experience a memorable one. I also learned how to deal with money and multitask
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no break to eat food, no flexibile work schedules
It Could Have Been Ran Better
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 5, 2017
My Days At Work where in the back of the house prepping for the day to be. getting the line restocked for the morning and afternoon shifts. from my time spent at Joes I've learn about working with a family, it was a cool calm and collective work area. The Management was more for the workers and really tried to make sure the workers were treated well. the hardest part of the job for me was staying in the freezer for more the 8 hours, really got sick sometimes
great place to bring your family. exciting atmoshere and fun music
bartender/barsupervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2017
joes was a fast pace restaurant with plenty of specialty drinks being offered on the menu. the bar was always busy and being a large corporation the service and cleaning standards were set high. it was an important standard to ensure that the guests needs were taken care of. as a bartender and eventually the bar supervisor I was expected to poor test daily and know the companies recipes. each drink served was to be consistent and delicious. we focused on guest expectations and maintaining a clean and visually appealing bar. I also hold cash handling as very high personal priority, ensuring that all money is correctly counted and handled.
Pros
flexible schedule
Joe's Crab Shack
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 4, 2017
Being a hostess for this company has been fun. It allowed me to be part of the food service industry and also allowed me to work on communication and interpersonal skills.
Amazing Company & Great Work Environment
Greeter & Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2017
It was a fast moving environment and a friendly, welcoming vibe. I learned how to serve tables and greet guests in ways to make them feel comfortable. Management was run smoothly and respected every one of their employees. The hardest part about this job was the distance it was from my house. It was a 45 minute drive there and back. The most enjoyable part of my job was the different families I met everyday, They always made my job fun!
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Far Distance
Wasn't really a good place to work at.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2017
I don't feel like this company was a good place to work at. The staff were rude and a little disrespectful. It wasn't in a good area for business. and that caused it to be shut down.
Pros
Didn't have to do much, dance breaks
Cons
The pay, short work weeks, schedule was unorganized
Great Place to Work
Server and Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 26, 2017
As in most places, the atmosphere depends on your management. I had good experiences with the management who helped me immensely with my schedule while in school. The food is priced higher so the tips tend to be higher as well.
Super fun, busy restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2017
Awesome people, always had so much fun on my shifts doing birthdays for customers. Make great money being downtown right in the heart of Austin. Can get a little stressful in the summer but definitely worth it.
fun work beach environment
Server (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJMarch 23, 2017
step up your work station getting all that you need to get through your shift. food prep is also what we do at this time. after everything is set then we serve the customers giving them a great beach experience
Pros
fun to work
Cons
management doesn't get their employees back
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJMarch 22, 2017
it was okay, just wasn't much room for growth... the work was easy to learn as well as the menu. the management is good & will work with you on your schedule
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks, no holiday pay, no vacation days
Very unprofessional environment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
They have unprofessional staff and management. Managers will tell your business to the next employee as soon as they get a chance. They take everything lightly. If you're uncomfortable it doesn't matter. If you're disrespectful it doesn't mater either. No matter what happens you are the blame for orders being wrong, food coming out slow etc. Work here ONLY part time. The money is great but the environment is toxic.
Pros
Cash tips
Cons
Everything else
no buisness bad management too many new hires
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 21, 2017
The people are terrible if you work for tips. Every one creates their own clicks and the management will fire you for the smallest reasons if you are on their bad side.Not very dependable and money is only good during the summer.
Pros
makes you appreciate servers in other resturants
Cons
no breaks, you can only eat 2 hours before you work or 2 hours after you work, they take 9 dollars out of every check for your discounts
Management was horrible
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 19, 2017
We didn't have glassware for the bar. Told management. They didn't care. I had to ask servers to donate money so i could go to the dollar store and purchase glasses that we needed to be successful. Our g.m. couldn't care less if the place burned down.
Pros
Dance lessons
Cons
No tips
Fun environment to work
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 14, 2017
This place was fun to work but some of the employees I personally found to be rude and not helpful when it came to training and teaching new people. Still some had a lot of energy and was very positive
Lots of Resources, Great Upper Management, Staffing Issues
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 13, 2017
Typical Day: Rather standard restaurant duties- line checks, safe counts, rosters, etc. Lots of electronic resources to speed things up. Which is good- there's lots of checklists too!

I've Learned: Pretty much... Everything. I originally started as a host (greeter). Every position is achievable for those with work ethic and critical thinking skills. The transition from completely FOH to the BOH manager had bumps, but there were lots of good resources to fall back on. Financials, contracts, budgeting, etc. were the much easier parts to learn.

Management: Upper management is excellent. VP is a class act all around, DO is a great resource. Store level management isn't always on the same page; staff struggles with (sometimes vastly) different expectation levels.

Workplace Culture: In flux.

Hardest Part of the Job: Staffing. It's extremely difficult to get quality candidates to apply. This has led to some less than optimal hires and frustrations on multiple levels.

Most Enjoyable Part: Some of the staff there are the best employees I've ever worked with, whether is be skill levels, attitude or general competence.
Pros
High quality food, resources tend to very thorough
Cons
Staffing is problematic; Corporate can result to some "hands tied" situations
Fun
Host (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 11, 2017
Pretty fun job at times. Management is HORRIBLE! Instead of going to work for the money most of the employees come to work to complain and to be babysat. The money can be good. There's no room for growth, unless someone in management favors you. Extremely petty and Unruley individuals.
Fun at times
Local Store Marketing (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 11, 2017
Hostess position was fun to work but extremely crazy during the summer with wait times up over an hour and a half with guests breathing down your back and no help from management. During the slower seasons, don't expect this job to pay the bills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.