Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Busy work place with fun environment
Server (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 4, 2015
- Training program was efficient
- Friendly coworkers
- Fun environment and opportunity to get guests involved in dancing
great job to be at
Server (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYMarch 28, 2015
I was there when they first opened. Management has changed now a lot of people who were aren't there anymore. But a very fast pace environment. Especially during the summer time.
Joe Crab Shack is a fun place to work at
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Beaumont TexasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: and short berak
Hard work get along with people be on time never late always on time don't call in at all because I the one need the job. I love my job I would do anything to keep my job at all times
Horrible GM
undisclosed (Current Employee), FredericksburgMarch 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off.
Cons: No breaks, you pay for the dining discount regardless of use, poor management communication, job in constant jeopardy, slave work, high turnover adds more stress to current staff
The General Manager treats employees like slaves. Always threatening your job. Makes it hard to want to go to work being in constant fear that for whatever reason or another that you'll be fired. Always yelling and none of the other employees like him either. Even guests have commented on his unprofessional attitude. The other managers are great, doing the best they can under poor guidance.
faceless
Merchant Blvd Abbingdon, MD (Former Employee), kitchenMarch 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: oesnt care about the people that work there
The company has lost since of its self and become something that it was nnever meant to be. They have changed entirely to much about themself.
Joes Crab Shack
Host (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: can get hours
Cons: no breaks, bad management
This location is completely unprofessional. The managers are rude and if for any reason they don't personally like you they will gossip with the other employees about you and everyone else. The lack of consistency and terrible management no wonder this restaurant is failing. The reason they lose so many employees is because no one wants to be treated like a modern day slave.
great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
Amazing customers and amazing employees. I loved mostly when a customer had a birthday and we got to play a small game with them to make them feel different in a good among everybody else there. I got to use a pony stick with one customer who had a birthday and we raced around the restrurant.
dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), clifton,njMarch 9, 2015
Washed dishware silverware and cups. Manually washed then ran dishes through the machine. Put dishes back in their places.
Fun, Fast paced environment
Bartender/Flex Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off seafood
Cons: hard work
Be prepared to work hard but be rewardedwith 15-20% tips. There really isn't much to say, work hard and smile and make money. Or slack off and make less money.
My Coworkers Were Great But the Management Was Awful
Hostess (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJFebruary 6, 2015
During my time at Joe's I, nor any of the other workers, were truly appreciated by management. I would cover other people's shifts, work on days I wasn't scheduled, stay later than scheduled and it was never appreciated. The management for this restaurant was also awful, on our busiest nights they did not know what to do and would crack under pressure.
Unprofessional
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), west JordanFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed most my customers
Cons: bad management, inability to move up, unorganized
I've worked at many restaurants and other customer service type jobs. Unfortunately in general rumors and gossip is always part of most workplace environments. I have never worked somewhere, however, where both the management and general management were the main creators and spreaders of rumors. Not only do they destroy the work environment, but they would attempt to destroy your personal life as well.

However, If you can keep yourself COMPLETELY off the radar at work like a ghost (where if someone said your name everyone would say- who?) then the job itself wasn't the worst, but it is completely unorganized. Last year the company went through 3 managers leaving in a year because they could handle the lack of organization and leadership. A good example of this is that in the entire year the business only made $3000 in profits total for the whole year- that is bad for a big business and I have an inkling that if it continues on its path.. this location will be out of business in the near future.
Very Fun, Very Hacktic place to work with dancing servers and decent management
Server (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off when you dine at joe's crab shack
Cons: 12 hour shifts and not everyone will get a break
A typical day at Joes in Greenbelt MD starts off slow then gradually speeds up. At one point in time it was mandatory to learn the dance moves to 3 popular songs the staff dances too, but unfortunately new employees must learn as they go. Co-workers are great, willing to help when ever they can. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the enormous demand of crab crackers and having to dance in the middle of serving 3 tables. The most enjoyable part is the friends and memories you make while working in the Shack.
Great staff, room for advancement, flexible work schedule
Closing Manager/Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free/discounted meals
Cons: no breaks
Excellent management, positive and fun atmosphere, energetic employees, endless possibilities for advancement. I've learned a lot with this company including managing a staff, delegating workflow and properly handling customer complaints from a manger's role.
Line cook
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: not being able to take a break after a rush.
Had the opportunity to utilize my culinary skills.
Proud of being selected for the Culinary Seafood Specialist Program.
Was able to enhance my culinary skills.
Great job with music and laughter
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Joe's Crab Shack is a place you go to enjoy seafood and have a little fun. The place is never quiet and if you're luck you will see the staff bust a few dance moves. The mangers love to see the customers happy and enjoying the Joe's experience.
One of my second best Job Ever
Expedited (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: out to eat
Cons: they take care of us as if we where a family
The morning sun shiney in my face while the brezze from the air blows my hair back as the boat sail's down the Hudson River up to the George Washinton Bridge. i would have a eight to six p.m shift. i get to meet poeple from around the world every day.
Unprofessional and Unorganized
Hostess and Cashier (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, 40% retail discount
Cons: short breaks, management, communication with upper management.
- Typical day at work: getting cut later than necessary.
-Management: very unorganized. upper management doesn't know what is going on. poor communication.
-coworkers: most are fine, but there's no doubt favoritism within the coworkers and management.
Hardest part: Requesting off or being sick without being ask personal questions unnecessary for the workplace.
- Most enjoyable part: The dance concepts are always fun, and guests like it.
unsteady work
Server and Host (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Working here you never know if it is going to be busy or not. So the money you make is not guaranteed. It is a fun place to work if you enjoy dancing and music. The co workers there are generally pretty fun. Management changes a lot which makes it hard to get into a good pattern.
Typical Day into a Extraordinary One
Certified Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), PAJanuary 22, 2015
Our team was amazing. Always worked together to ensure everything was in place to make sure the shift ran smoothly. It was great to be greeted personally by our returning customers, many of which we knew by name. Their experiences were always good ones and if anything went wrong or wasn't satisfactory, then we made sure we rectified it to ensure their return.
Fun atmosphere, poor compensation and schedule flexibility
Line Cook (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Working at Joe's Crab Shack was a fun as well as a tough one, the food is pretty good, but the kitchen was backed up on orders multiple times during the busier days of the weekend. Managerial staff did the best they could with the staff they had available, but lack of staffing meant sheer chaos in the kitchen during the weekends.

About Joe's Crab Shack

At Joe's Crab Shack we deliver craveable seafood from the coast to your table. Born in the heart of Texas, we've been serving – Read more

Joe's Crab Shack Salaries