Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

customer-oriented workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 5, 2016
loved being a server because it was rewarding to help someone and see the satisfaction on their face. Typically had to take orders correctly, bring food to the patrons, cash them out so that they are able to leave in a timely manner of their desire. I've learned how to take may orders at once and have multiple tasks to complete while making sure that my customers all have what they need. I got along with all of my co-workers because I believed in keeping the workplace professional. the hardest part of the job was working so hard to make sure that my customers had the best experience possible and to not be tipped accordingly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad tips, little to no benefits
A very interesting work envirnment
Server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. Great vibes and you get to meet awesome people. The location I worked at needed a much stronger management team in the beginning but it improved when it was too late. Just wish they would of told us that they were going to close in a week in advance.
Pros
Interacting with the guest
Cons
Food discount is trash
Not Fulfilling
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 12, 2016
My location was very slow. Staff was unmotivated and often argued in front of customers. I was made to clean nasty bathrooms for most of the shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No breaks, few benefits, everyone hated each other
Fun place to work
Food Runner, Host, Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 19, 2016
I worked at joes for a very long time started from salad maker all the way up to management I only left to pursue something else that had alot of promise
Productive and fun work[lace
Server/ Flex Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The restaurant was a busy fun place to work. I typically waited up to eight tables a shift. I learned hoe to stay organized while wildly multi tasking. The co workers have a great team attitude. The hardest times was when the eatery was slow with little business. Best days are when it was so busy the wait would be up to two hours. It was exciting to learn how to keep up with the pace.
Pros
The food
Cons
The hours
Fun and lax
Server (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 28, 2016
The overall company has a fun and family oriented overview.
There is an issue in the fact that employees are required to pay for everything except your initial marker, book, and shirt.
Pros
You're more free to be yourself.
Cons
Long hours and you have to pay for everything
Customer Service, Team Building Experiance
Flex Manager/Past Server (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 2, 2016
• Accomplish restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
• Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Health Benefits
Cons
Server pay low
It's a decent work place with decently friendly employees.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 22, 2016
It's a decent work place with decently friendly employees. It wasn't hard to catch up management was very helpful. Majority of the employees were very welcoming when I transferred and The food is very good!
Awful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 26, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Management was awful, my GM told me host weren't priority and unimportant even though they're what you see as soon as you walked in the door. Servers are treated ten times better and get to sit in the kitchen and do nothing while hosts get screamed at. I barely lasted there for a month it was so awful. And for the amount of pay I got (4.00 an hour plus terrible tips from to go orders) I would not recommend
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
Extremely low pay, bad management, disrespected depending on position, no breaks
Great family place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I met great people working for the short time I worked at Joe's Crab Shack. My managers were awesome. I learned a lot about how to work with people. The hardest part of the job for me was figuring out what buttons to push on the register in all honesty. The most enjoyable was the people and the environment.
Not Bad, Just Needing Something New
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 1, 2016
Overall, Joe's was not a terrible place to work. Ever willing to work with my schedule, management was understanding of the fact that we all had lives outside of work. Just ready for a change of pace, scenery, and location, ideally something closer to home.
Money is Great, but management needs a lot of work
Certified Trainer Server (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 17, 2016
Working at Joe's was a stressful but the money was great. Management needs a lot of work, they do not take care of their employees, they show favoritism, and they are not prepared for shifts. Some of the coworkers are great, fun and helpful. However, others are not as advanced and should be trained again. Dancing was enjoyable when it was not forced on us or when we were not slammed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Busy, fast-paced work environment with good employees.
Host/Greeter/Busboy/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 16, 2016
A typical day was normally split into being a host or busboy depending on what I got assigned at the beginning of the shift. During this main assignment, I would normally be asked to clean restrooms, and the restaurant as well on a daily basis. Occasionally I would be asked to run food for the servers and take preemptive orders when busy.
The biggest thing I learned was a quick and effective method for irritated/angry customers.
Management had a high turnover rate so there was little time to get attached to any certain individual.
Co-workers were hard working and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Wouldn't get breaks to eat on busy days, had to pay for uniform
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 1, 2017
I worked at two different locations. The one in Greenville, SC was great the first few years but has slowly taken a turn for the worse. However, the Joe's Ctab Shack Lighthouse in Corpus Christi, TX was fanominal. Great managers, a long with great staff help provide for a wonderful experience for the guests we serve everyday
Fun family friendly enviroment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Humble, TX 77338July 23, 2016
Joes is fun but being a server and bartender can be discouraging at times when it is slow, but when it is busy you can make lots of money. the staff is awesome if you need help understanding information they are willing to help and the management is very understanding when it comes to personal circumstances.
Pros
50% off food and 40% off retail
Cons
slow during the winter, hours get cut
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2016
loved the people i worked with! was a very fun environment with Dancing and loving people. made some of my best friends here, only complaint was with management.
N/a
Server/Host/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 31, 2016
Easy to get along with staff and management. Great training experience. Time goes by fast and everything flows good throughout shifts. Overall work experience after two years has been good.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
hard to get b reaks between busy double shifts
It was a very productive and fun job to work at.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 21, 2017
At joes Crab shack I learned to be a hostess. It was my first job working in a restaurant where you have to be fast paced and able to communicate with the customers. I loved when we got to do birthday games with our customers and also dancing for them.
Fun work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2016
Love working at this restaurant . A fun environment. Fast paced. Management is iffy but love the people I work with. It's a serving job so we all know how that goes sometimes. I always kept my best attitude and outlook on the job
Pros
Discount food flexable schedules
Cons
No breaks
It was an ok place to work. The management was cool and i got along with the staff well.
Head cook/prep/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 20, 2016
The job was very laid back but at times it could get a lil stressful but the staff can get together and get through whatever problems we have that night.
Pros
No scheduled breaks as long as someone is watching your spot
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

70%