Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

very productive place
Flex Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 26, 2016
busy , fast place environment to work for great teammates . all hard workers moving up the ladder.always room to move up for opportunities. we flip alot of tables so guest come in and enjoy there time with us.
High speed kitchen.
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 20, 2016
Great food, but long hour days, the call the kitchen the beast because it gets so hot, you will smell like sea food for weeks.
Pros
No breaks.
Cons
Nice people to work with.
What I do at work
Host (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 17, 2016
A typical work day I would be seating customers and cleaning tables. Cleaning tables require removing food and dishes into the kitchen and wiping the tables for the next customer to be seated. Management is pretty good and reasonable people.
Pros
you get half off on everything on the menu.
Cons
tip share is terrible during the seasons where people are not looking to eat seafood.
Very friendly and outgoing environment
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  1210 Front Street Sacramento, Ca 95814December 14, 2016
Communicatig with fellow employees to efficiently complete the job tasks. Very energetic at all times of the day. The hardest part of the job making sure all food is cooked in corresponding order
I enjoyed working there as the pay in a few co workers was nice in there for me when i needed them
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2016
It was a nice place to work at but it was drama in disrespectful co workers but I didn't let know one get the best of me I just did my job in remain focused
It was a blast!! A.O. was the best manager there!!.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2016
I did have a couple things that are a bit negative though. Once my fathers' nursing home called me at work. It happened to be a mistake however the managers weren't going to even tell me!!! A hostess told me that "someone from ___ ___ care center called and told me she was your father's nurse". I fell apart which was normal under the circumstances...thought my father was dying! Well, I got written up because I was upset and trembling and they couldn't let me go back onto the floor. If they had let me take the call things would have been cleared up immediately but since they did not I had to freak out while trying to get my father's nurse on the phone!!!
And the second thing is that the place needs to get more silverware so the servers aren't washing silverware in the handsinks before bringing it to their guests.
Pros
working in jeans and t-shirts that have questionable sayings on them, dancing with the crew, making fun of our guests
Cons
Managers everywhere have favorites, however at Joe's they did not hide it.
Fun workplace, Great tips, few cons...
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 10, 2016
I loved working here! If your looking for a fun work environment you will love Joe's! The tips were great, clientele is on the wide spectrum, you either get nice families that have money to spend on vacation or you get the broke college students and spring breakers.
During summer you can make anywhere from
$100-$400 a night depending on how late you stay. The later you stay, the more money you'll make.
The closing duties and side-work are super easy, once they cut you, you'll be out of there within 30 minutes.
Cons, During off-season you will need to find a new job. There are a lot of personalities which result in a lot of drama, you have to be friendly, loud, and outgoing or that place will eat you up!
Pros
Great tips, half off food, fun environment!
Cons
No benefits, long hours, lackadaisical management!
learn more about myself
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 8, 2016
working here should me or should i say help me find myself.. my true potential. which was amazing. great place to work if your barely entering the work force.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough pay
Managers were very unprofessional
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDDecember 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Joe's Crab Shack. When it came to the managers they were VERY unprofessional. Very very unprofessional but again I enjoyed Joe's.
it was ok.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  2000 east Golf rd. Schaumburg ILDecember 4, 2016
Working at Joes Crab Shack was easy but not the best. The money was good, management was great. There was no room for growth. Its a great experience for people that are looking for entry level jobs.
Inhumane
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJDecember 3, 2016
The (GM) general manager is very disrespectful, treats you as if you aren't human. Very bad pay and hostile environment. Don't recommend. Also a lot broke promises for promotions not worth staying for years.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Management, pay, etc!
fun work enviornment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 2, 2016
the people are great but there is a lack of communication amongst the management staff. and job security is shakey at the moment. the hardest part of the job is knowing that they could close at any moment without notice.
Fast pace
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIDecember 1, 2016
You gotta be on your feet and quick working in this restaurant its very busy , being on your feet is hard but its manageable you just gotta be up for the task
Terrible place to work with no room for advancement
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 23, 2016
Decent money to be made serving during the summertime, however completely dead any other time. No room for advancement opportunities. Management kept staff in the dark about everything.
It was an ok place to work. The management was cool and i got along with the staff well.
Head cook/prep/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 20, 2016
The job was very laid back but at times it could get a lil stressful but the staff can get together and get through whatever problems we have that night.
Pros
No scheduled breaks as long as someone is watching your spot
Cons
Healthcare
Mostly fun and friendly work environment
Sever/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 20, 2016
This is so far my favorite out of the jobs I've had in the past. Mostly because the managers are direct but still supportive and as long as you do your job well, they are appreciative. Me looking for another job has nothing to do with them personally. It's just slow season and I'm very much struggling to make ends meet. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is sometimes being the only hostess scheduled and sometimes doing the jobs or two or three people. And sometimes on the night shift, pulling the majority of the weight on that shift because some people there have never really worked when it's busy.
Pros
flexable schedule, opportunties to pick up shifts, discount on meals
Cons
no benefits, not enough hours due to the season
i used to go out to eat there but after working there...
Server (Former Employee) –  Jersey, TNNovember 15, 2016
management was extremely biased.. although not all of them were but the ones who did always got what they wanted. schedules were changed to benefit those who were on managements good side. once was told to get out of the restaurant one night and not come back. needless to say i quit and they called to ask why i wasn't at my shift the next day
Not worth it
Server (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYNovember 12, 2016
Company doesn't care about their employees(both management and employee). Enjoyed working here with great management until the company got a new Director of Operations who then fired the managers because they made too much money. He replaced them with a GM from a corner store dinner and two managers from a failed store who doesn't know how to run a high volume store.Basically 75% of the staff has since quit . No one was making money in the FOH and BOH wasn't being scheduled over 20hrs and weren't allowed to hit overtime. So not worth it .
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Poor management, bad discounts, ratchet guest
Not Fulfilling
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 12, 2016
My location was very slow. Staff was unmotivated and often argued in front of customers. I was made to clean nasty bathrooms for most of the shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No breaks, few benefits, everyone hated each other
I did not particularly care for this job
Bartender/Shift Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 10, 2016
I was hired upon the first interview, I was grateful for the position they gave me but did not care for how the company infrastructure worked. I recommend this for anyone starting out in hospitality but nothing long term.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval