Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews in United States

Fun loving place with poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 1, 2015
Loved working here and the friends I made but I did not like how frequently the management changed within the 8 months I worked there. I learned how to work with people of all kinds and how to serve and be a better customer service person. environment is fun but they need to work on management and make the business run smoother.
Pros
fun
Cons
poor pay
It's a restaurant job.
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 24, 2016
Great for if you want to work in a restaurant, however, it is just that; a restaurant job. There isn't much opportunity for advancement .
Pros
Half off seafood
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
good tips, horrible store
Server (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 15, 2015
this Joe's sucks, nothing positive but the tips! Management is bias. Servers run the store not management. Not sense of control, rules or equality. The Joe's crab crab in liburn is soooo much better.
Pros
long hours, not worth it
Cons
No breaks, lack of good mgt.
Fun and good Managment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2016
Relaxed environment, expect to learn recipes with fun managers, the hardest part is applying and maybe learning the recipe if you haven't had any line experience.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short Breaks if any
I did not like this job
Host (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 10, 2016
Very poor business
I wish to not be a Host ever again,I didn't really learn much. I felt over qualified for this job food business isn't the best working experience
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
To many host working at once
Fun Place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Henderson,NVAugust 26, 2015
A typical day there involves working on any one of the stations there and helping out others if they need any. Management is really easy to get along with and will work with you if you cannot make it to work in time(as long as you call in).
Pros
Easy to get along with management
Cons
If business is slow they will send people home
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLMay 4, 2016
VERY fast paced environment. Very fun atmosphere, great tips, and great food. However, some people are a nightmare to work with and bring drama to work.
Pros
FUN, great tips
Cons
Immature co-workers
Working at Joes Crab Shack
GRILL COOK/SAUTE COOK (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 5, 2015
I would clock into work get my apron on and start prepping my station which was at the grill section. Once everything is prepared for the shift if I didn't get a ticket already I would get a washcloth with oil on it and wipe the grill with it so the fish and or hamburgers wouldn't stick. I consistently work through all the tickets I have sometime helping my co-worker on Sautee if I had one at the time and work through my shift.
I learned how to work multiple jobs at once efficiently and at a fact pace, I also learned how to keep calm when multiple orders came through and it became overwhelming but I knew to take it one ticket at a time and then it would get done.
Hardest part of the job was that I no one helped when I really needed them it wasn't much a team effort when working my single sometimes double shift.
My most enjoyable part of working at Joe's Crab shack was when I was able to get a smoke break.
Pros
I was able to get a good amount of money in the beginning because they gave me alot of hours.
Cons
I rarely would be able to take a break due to the managers not wanting us to leave the line.
Fun all the time
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMarch 22, 2016
Everyone is always happy. Fun environment. It can have its down days but many more ups. The managers are amazing and always have their employees backs.
Fun, fast and friendly work environment.
Head Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 6, 2014
Working for Joe's Crab Shack, there was always new things to learn and adapt to. The mind set was to expect the unexpected, always. My co-workers were amazingly friendly and easy to work with. The management at Joe's was interesting. They definitely had favorites and made it known. Not everyone was fond of the system they had, but it was one to work with. The hardest part of the job was fundraising and receiving donations for whatever fundraiser was going on that month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the outcome and the people I worked with.
Pros
50% discount on all food and souvenirs.
Cons
short breaks.
could've been better
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Bipolar management... Many times i received mixed signals from management. I was always told i was a spectacular and one of the best workers; however, my hours were cut dramatically.
Pros
the pay, free drinks, and discounted food
Cons
hired full time but given part time
Fun Environment Focused on Customer Satisfaction However Lacks Professional Managerial Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2015
Coming into work as a manager, I would first do a safe count. This ensures that the restaurant is prepared for sales for the remainder of the day. Once this is completed, I would then do a pre-shift meeting with the servers and bartenders. During this I would go over drink and food specials, any particular parties, and give a short pep talk about the night ahead. After this meeting is finished I then walk the restaurant floor and talk to guests, ensuring that they are fully satisfied with their experience. If bartenders, servers, or chefs need any help during the night, I would assist them to ensure guests food and drinks came out on time. At the end of the night I would perform check outs from servers and bartenders, recount the safe and cash drawers, then walk down the restaurant to ensure cleanliness throughout. Before locking up, I would send corporate all of our sale numbers, run a labor report, and prepare the money drop for the next day.
Pros
Interaction with Guests, Respect from Employees, Clean/Organized Environement
Cons
Inexperienced Management, Lack of Managerial Respect
Good
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlSeptember 8, 2015
Awesome company to work for.
Great management, slower store, but steady.
Fun environment to be in and apart of.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
dancing
Cons
no breaks
Being At Joes
Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2015
Working at joes was a great experience to gain serving skills.I learned how to prep food,be a food expo,and serve the guests.The downfalls were that the managers were always hard to find when a situation occurs that needed their attention.Working with the many different co-workers from all sorts of amazing backgrounds made the job fun as well as entertaining. We all became more then just co-workers we were a family.I enjoyed going to work serving guests from all over the world and doing it right next to amazing people.
Pros
Dancing
Cons
managers disappearance
Positive
Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2016
Long day of craziness, hard work and dealing with an odd customer base. Not the best place to work long-term, but tips tips tips... Fast and furious.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed dancing making my customers laugh and just having a fun time while working. I learned how to have fun and work at the same time.
Fast, Fun, and Friendly
Dishwasher/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Day went by real fast. It was an really bust establishment. Great coworkers the worst part about the job was the trash duty.
Fun,high energy environment with enough roomfun small dances
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 13, 2016
Very orderly,constant working which it fun. And always wanting you to come to work and never miss a day. Which is why I really want to get back to woking in a restaurant.
Buffalo Wild Wings was a great place.
waitress Joe's Crab Shack (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 12, 2016
I had a blast working at Buffalo Wild Wings. They are very fair. There is potential to make good money. The managers are very helpful. The establishment is clean and well organized.
Working at Joe's was a fun learning experience
Dish-Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Joe's was a fun learning experience. I met very experienced cooks who taught me alot in my up and coming line cook career. The hardest part of my job at Joe's was the winter.
Pros
I went from dish to a succesful line cook
Cons
Short hours