Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

poor managment
MANAGER/SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
I would not recommend joes to anyone the management is very poor they feel as they can treat you anyway they want because you work for them the clientele is not what I would hope for in a job.
Fun work place with fun employees and customers
Server (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 28, 2017
Joe's Crab Shack is a fun and exciting place to work. It is a rewarding job that brings people that come into the restaurant joy, whether they are coming in to celebrate a birthday or an anniversary or just to enjoy some crab everyone there has a good time.
This is a national chain with many employees and extravagant demands on managers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2017
Joe's Crab Shack was a learning experience. I learned that a General Manger should not hire a bunch of managers with General Manager experience for regular manager positions.
Pros
Cons
high manager turnover
Fast Work Pace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Fill drink orders accurately and timely operate the cash register and serve food maintain an inventory of liquor, mixes, and other bar supplies ensure minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages
Good atmosphere, poor work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 25, 2017
Slow in winter, busy in summer. Had to teach yourself most things in order to excel. Management was typically friendly. Upper management could be less so. Had to work at least 55 hours a week. Restaurant itself has great atmosphere. Very laid back casual feel. Company came out with new menu at least 1x, and revisions multiple times, yearly. No consistent promotions annually.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, Casual/relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, lack of consistency, poor training
Lots of fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
Fun atmosphere. Parties. Dancing. Cleaning. Answering calls. Busing tables. Hosting. Serving. Drinks. Food running. Lots of awesome people. Would definitely work there again.
my duty cooking seafood
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
everything as it suppose to be.
i am very easily to get along with others
no hardly part about this job
i really enjoyed learning new thing to cook seafood.
new things to learn with friendly people
line cook (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 21, 2017
every day i learned a new meal to cook weather it was on our menu or not. a lot of culinary training. very divers people and friendly, managers and co-workers willing to help and train
You will have a good outgoing worker
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Im willing to workvery hard and be very dependable worker if hired im ready anytime avaible on time and willing to work over time work on my days off thank you
Pros
Good working place
Cons
Shortbreak
fast paced and stressful
Host / Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 20, 2017
a day would start by seating customers and making sure they were properly accommodated. they wasn't anything too difficult about working here sometimes it was just too crowded and stressful that is about as difficult as it got. The fun part about working there was singing happy birthday to customers and watching them smile. I learned how to host and prepare food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Loved this job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 15, 2017
I was a hostess and the job was decently easy, when it got really busy it was really fun to keep up with the pace, and getting split tips with the servers really made it worth the time and effort you put into the job.
Pros
Food and gift shop discount, tip share
Joes crab shak review
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I did not enjoy working here, the costumers are very mean and rude and the management does not take the staff seriously or treat them fairly. I bartended for more than a year here and served at the same time.
A lot of stores closed down
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Crafton, PA 15205September 14, 2017
Just keep in mind that they closed a bunch of stores with no notice to the employees. If I still worked for them when that happened, it would have been devastating.
Fun, fast-paced job
Server / Host (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2017
At times stressful when it was busy, I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and camaraderie with my co-workers. Management was helpful and always available to the servers and guests. I learned how to balance my time and more effectively multi-task.
restaurant with poor management
Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
working in a restaurant with poor management is very stressful and can be the hardest thing about the job. the workplace was just not the right environment that should come with a restaurant like that and the hardest part about the job is the environment of the co workers environment change because of the lack of management.
Pros
free food
Cons
management
always would go back
Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 11, 2017
nothing would ever stop me to say not to work there or even dine. it's my all time favorite place to have worked and to still eat. growth, pay, training, management, customers, creativity, and so much more.
Pros
everything!
Cons
very quick paced better be able to move quick
productive cooking carbs
Waiter/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 6, 2017
cook crabs for customers.
I've learned how to cook crabs.
management was fun great team to be a part of.
not much hard work involved. have to be fast hands with what you are doing
most enjoyable was working with the team the always made me laugh and always kept a smile on my face.
Pros
free crabs
Cons
no breaks
productive up beat environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I have worked at joe's for a while now and it used to be the best place to work at. now business is slow and the new general manager does not know how to run his store!
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
healthcare, hourly pay
Second worst job I have ever had
Culinary Seafood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Terrible management which started from the top. The company has no positive cultural implementations and treats staff as work horses. I met some great people there I consider friends now, but a very stressful place to work. This is the general consensus you will receive from most employees by the way.
Good money, Fast-Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time working at Joe's Crab Shack. The pros: usually good tips. Averaged at least a hundred a night. Enjoyed wearing jeans and a t-shirt as my uniform. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Management was helpful (for the most part). Customers were all typically in good spirits (a lot of birthday celebrations so get used to singing the birthday song.) 50% discount on food for you and up to 5 guests (but you have to buy in, 9 a month comes out of your paycheck, but it was worth it.) No late nights (closed by 11 on weekends). The cons: Doubles were often 10 to 12 hour shifts, and not always worth the money (I often made what I would when I was doubling whenever I had a night-only shift.). It could get busy quickly, making it difficult to keep up with your own side-work. If that was not the case, then you'd find yourself doing other people's side work (either they were too busy or just plain lazy). Some petty gossip but that is typical of any job I suppose. They never put a wait on the door (which they should have) so being double or triple sat was typical when the rush happened, and it made it difficult to give the best service possible. With up to 5-6 hosts on a busy night, I found it ridiculous when I was not told I had been sat (and I was always busy taking care of other customers when this happened) so you have to pay close attention to your section.

I would recommend Joe's for anyone who is interested in making money, who appreciates an often fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Pros
50% off of food, Good tips
Cons
sometimes stressful, doubling = long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe's Crab Shack. Our community is ready to answer.