Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlSeptember 8, 2015
Awesome company to work for.
Great management, slower store, but steady.
Fun environment to be in and apart of.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
dancing
Cons
no breaks
Fun loving place with poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 1, 2015
Loved working here and the friends I made but I did not like how frequently the management changed within the 8 months I worked there. I learned how to work with people of all kinds and how to serve and be a better customer service person. environment is fun but they need to work on management and make the business run smoother.
Pros
fun
Cons
poor pay
Joe's Crab Shack
Server (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2015
Not a good place to work due to management and repeatedly understaffed. Did not care about school and work balance as a college student just trying to make it.
Working at Joe's was a fun learning experience
Dish-Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2015
Working at Joe's was a fun learning experience. I met very experienced cooks who taught me alot in my up and coming line cook career. The hardest part of my job at Joe's was the winter.
Pros
I went from dish to a succesful line cook
Cons
Short hours
could've been better
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Bipolar management... Many times i received mixed signals from management. I was always told i was a spectacular and one of the best workers; however, my hours were cut dramatically.
Pros
the pay, free drinks, and discounted food
Cons
hired full time but given part time
Ok place to work
Greeter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 27, 2015
Im responsible for seating guests and making sure their experience is memorable. I work with a lot of young people who dont realize that even though the restaurant is so laid back, this is still your place of employment. I hate that there is no scheduled end-time. You work until they dont need you anymore. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Ive never seen a Host do so much "other" work. Its good if youre looking to compensate your income.
Pros
Dancing
what i learned
Server/Seafood Expert (Former Employee) –  arlington, txAugust 26, 2015
fun job, good for college students, flexible schedule. overall, I loved it! co-workers always have a welcoming, vivacious attitude. the dances are always fun and keeps the crowd hyped. writing on the bibs was one of the best parts of the job!
Pros
understanding and flexible managers, great tips, great working environment, long lasting friends
Cons
long hours, too many people on the floor at times, working past closing due to last minute customers
Fun Place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Henderson,NVAugust 26, 2015
A typical day there involves working on any one of the stations there and helping out others if they need any. Management is really easy to get along with and will work with you if you cannot make it to work in time(as long as you call in).
Pros
Easy to get along with management
Cons
If business is slow they will send people home
Productive and fun place with concept dancing.
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work consists of having fun with the customers as well as taking care of their needs. Providing exceptional dining experience. Doing concept dancing with co-workers to ensure guests are entertained. Keeping restaurant tidy and organized. If you have time to lean you've got time to clean.
Pros
50% off food and free drinks
Cons
No breaks
not enough pay
Lead Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2015
They try to keep their employees part time in order to not give full benefits . Don't care for their employees the one in Montclair, Oakland is small so they cut hours a lot. The general manager changed up a lot..
Pros
Cons
low pay
Get Cracking Crabs
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 20, 2015
Fun environment to celebrate special occasions or just enjoy going out to eat. Can be a great place to enjoy yourself for the summer. Typical day as a hostess consists of greeting customers, ocassionally taking food to tables and making sure that customers get the best experience possible by following seating arrangements.
What I have come to accept as the reality of most restaurants
Crab Cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 16, 2015
It's truly a polarizing atmosphere. Clear as day who the people are that care about not only the integrity of the restaurant but of themselves (because they are the ones cooking it after all), and the ones who are just in it for the paycheck at the end of the night. The kitchen is one big machine, and if one part doesn't do it's job, the entire machine will malfunction. But such is the life of a cook. Nothing is all good and I was always fortunate to have more of good than bad to work with.
Pros
Casual uniform
Cons
No free lunches
Inspiring, motivational, fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Louisville kyAugust 13, 2015
Work i feel, is always a learning & motivational experience its about doing what you love to do while succeeding in life and possibly making a career!
Pros
Breaks, pay
Cons
A place to make people enjoy their experience with great food and a fun atmosphere
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is making people happy with the food that we serve. We periodically dance to rehearsed songs and bring people out to dance with us (disco).
a proud company with plenty of good people around you
Server/Waiter/host (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2015
i dont ever mind coming into work anymore.its become my sanctuary its taught me alot over the years such as patience , respect , knowledge on how the food industry works. management is very understanding and most of the time open door policy gets utilized .
Pros
50% off meals, a pleasant environment, relaxed atmosphere.good team and flexible schedules
Cons
sometimes management doesnt always play fair .
Busy environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDAugust 7, 2015
Work is a very fast pace environment and management is young but they are trying to run things smoothly. You have to be able to multi-task as well be professional and efficient when it comes to getting the job done.
fun enviroment, plenty of room to advance
Lead Server / Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2015
I loved it for the most part, and would still be there, but I was a corporate trainer flying to different cities for weeks at a time. having just had a new born son, I asked to step down and just go back to running the training team and I was told that was not an option, so I found other work.
Poor management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 4, 2015
The management was very poor, and the work system was unorganized. On the other hand, I learned to be fast paced in the restaurant business, and conduct hard and accurate work.
Loved it
Culinary Seafood Specialist (Current Employee) –  NEW YORKJuly 28, 2015
Hard rewarding work with long hours during the summer and big paychecks. Fun people and cool job. Would do it again. fast paced
good
Cons
compensation
N/a
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TxJuly 25, 2015
This is not a good company to work for. They don't care about their employees. I will never work there again. No one should