Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack Employee Reviews

Good Work Environment but BAD people
Host (Former Employee), Orlando FLoridaSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: 50 % off everything, free drinks
Cons: no breaks, bad management, bad co-workers
I Usually go to work to do the JOB i Applied for, but Instead they Give me 5.91 an Hour + Tips & Put me to Clean all day and help Servers, so therefor NO tips. Hardest Part of the Job was LEARNING myself, Some servers and Hosts would leave during my training, and go smoke pot, they even got yelled at for leaving me by myself with no experience. Management was Mean and NO help, Just Put on a show like they care but they really don't. My Most Enjoyable part of the Job was the Customers and Leading the Dance every hour with the rest of the FOH team. I Learned a lot about Host/Greeter Jobs. It isn't easy Unless you Open yourself up and put yourself in the customers shoes!
profitable and flexible
Training Server (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off food, flexiblehrs/shifts
Cons: no breaks, inconsistant management and unprofessional enviorment
Not something to make a career out of, but if you are looking to make some extra money it is alright.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: break room, holiday parties
Good management
macys loves there employees
good company to work for
fun workplace, everyone is friendly.
Server (Former Employee), wilmington, DelawareSeptember 4, 2014
come in about 4-5 days a week. loved my manager showed me different things every chance he had. co-workers were all friendly, enjoyed coming to work and serving the customer to the best of my ability.
Fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 3, 2014
Very fast paced and busy. Management was understanding and kind. no room for advancement unless you know somebody who knows somebody.
O K job
Line and Saute' Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FlAugust 26, 2014
Pros: they do give you a check
Cons: no breaks, single minded management
Joe's is a good job for school kids, seasonal job not a stable one.
Great Place to Work
Server (Former Employee), KYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not organised
learned new job skills, dance for customers, dressed up for birthday parties and including families to do fun activities, Lots of Fun!
Fun environment with enjoyable music and work family to get you through the day,
Server (Current Employee), Sacramento CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: family environment, dancing, always something to do.
Cons: no set schedule or hours, poor benefits, money is always a gamble (tips are your money maker)
Constant face-paced environment, with multitasking skills tested. Extremely fun environment, with coworkers and managers who are reliable and willing to help at anytime. I enjoy seeing my guests enjoy themselves while dining in on their favorite food.
Fun and Unique
Server and Employee Trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 12, 2014
I learned a lot about serving and customer service working at Joe's Crab Shack.
Bad experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Industry, CAAugust 11, 2014
I had fun serving but the management was not in my favor, it was one manager in particular and was later fired for other reasons.
first job
Server/ Bartender/Host (Former Employee), Independence, MOAugust 10, 2014
Pros: employee meals
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
i worked here when i was young. i had fun met lots of friends and learned from it.
great and fun place,
host (Former Employee), Methuen, MAAugust 8, 2014
great music fun people great food, and a place where it became like a second home
horrible
Lead Cook, Part time-Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 3, 2014
over work employees, no opportunity for advancements worked there for over a year and no pay raise, management stinks, unorganized
Fun unrewarding food business
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Hobart, INJuly 24, 2014
I greet customers as they walk in the door as well as bus all tables, sell retail, rally up menus, and sit people all at once. I feel they need to hire Bus Boys and Hostesses separately. Management was very unorganized and we were always short staffed.
Fun first time serving job with easy to learn menu and procedures
Waitress/Flex manager (supervisor) (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, great money, fun people and environment
Cons: money is hit or miss, some good days some bad.
This was my first serving job which was a great learning experience and set the tone for my appreciation for customer service. I was able to advance on the amount of tables I'd get throughout the day. Multi-tasking always throughout the day, always cleaning and restocking things needed. The best part of a serving job as anyone would know is definitely the luxury of instant money. I mostly worked my serving jobs while in school.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 15, 2014
Co-workers are great, customers are nice and friendly. Hardest part of job is the selling expectations
Fun workplace, little future
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: little pay
Fun to work here, if you're a college student. Not much room for advancement.
I hope you like to dance
Bartender, Waiter, Trainer, Host (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 9, 2014
Cons: management
You have to dance in front of everyone every 45 minutes. When I worked there, the management was not always fair.
Love children
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2014
One family with three parents. Must multi task. Must be a babysitter, nanny and housekeeper.
Productive work place and a bunch of fun with a lot of dancing.
HOSTESS (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work consists of seating guest that walk into the door and turning over tables making sure there ready to be used in a 3 minute time after the party leaves. Every now and then I also have to go into the kitchen and do prep/portioning work. From working at Joe's Crab Shack I've learned how to deal with certain situations, for instance, with issue that the guests have with their service, food, or any other problems they might have. The management at Joe's I must say has improved greatly in the past 2 and a half month I've been there. We got a new General Manager and everyone is now doing what is expected. My co-workers are great people but as always in any job, people have their demanding times even if their classified as the same job title as I am. As well as them believing their better than others. The hardest part of working with Joe's Crab Shack is having people think their better than you. Physically nothing that I do is too demanding. What I enjoy most about my job is walking around and talking to the guests. I love to have a relationship with them and give them everything that they need to have a Crave able Joe's Experience.

About Joe's Crab Shack

At Joe's Crab Shack we deliver craveable seafood from the coast to your table. Born in the heart of Texas, we've been serving – Read more

Joe's Crab Shack Salaries