Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack United States Employee Reviews

great and fun place,
host (Former Employee), Methuen, MAAugust 8, 2014
great music fun people great food, and a place where it became like a second home
horrible
Lead Cook, Part time-Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 3, 2014
over work employees, no opportunity for advancements worked there for over a year and no pay raise, management stinks, unorganized
Fun unrewarding food business
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Hobart, INJuly 24, 2014
I greet customers as they walk in the door as well as bus all tables, sell retail, rally up menus, and sit people all at once. I feel they need to hire Bus Boys and Hostesses separately. Management was very unorganized and we were always short staffed.
Fun first time serving job with easy to learn menu and procedures
Waitress/Flex manager (supervisor) (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, great money, fun people and environment
Cons: money is hit or miss, some good days some bad.
This was my first serving job which was a great learning experience and set the tone for my appreciation for customer service. I was able to advance on the amount of tables I'd get throughout the day. Multi-tasking always throughout the day, always cleaning and restocking things needed. The best part of a serving job as anyone would know is definitely the luxury of instant money. I mostly worked my serving jobs while in school.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 15, 2014
Co-workers are great, customers are nice and friendly. Hardest part of job is the selling expectations
Fun workplace, little future
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: little pay
Fun to work here, if you're a college student. Not much room for advancement.
I hope you like to dance
Bartender, Waiter, Trainer, Host (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 9, 2014
Cons: management
You have to dance in front of everyone every 45 minutes. When I worked there, the management was not always fair.
Love children
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2014
One family with three parents. Must multi task. Must be a babysitter, nanny and housekeeper.
Productive work place and a bunch of fun with a lot of dancing.
HOSTESS (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work consists of seating guest that walk into the door and turning over tables making sure there ready to be used in a 3 minute time after the party leaves. Every now and then I also have to go into the kitchen and do prep/portioning work. From working at Joe's Crab Shack I've learned how to deal with certain situations, for instance, with issue that the guests have with their service, food, or any other problems they might have. The management at Joe's I must say has improved greatly in the past 2 and a half month I've been there. We got a new General Manager and everyone is now doing what is expected. My co-workers are great people but as always in any job, people have their demanding times even if their classified as the same job title as I am. As well as them believing their better than others. The hardest part of working with Joe's Crab Shack is having people think their better than you. Physically nothing that I do is too demanding. What I enjoy most about my job is walking around and talking to the guests. I love to have a relationship with them and give them everything that they need to have a Crave able Joe's Experience.
Productive, fun workplace, make you feel like family
Hostess/Prep/ Light Housekeeping (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: no breaks
I have learned that working in such an environment makes working a lot easier.
Very fun
Host/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discounts, and meeting new people.
Cons: unpaid breaks, min. wage.
Seating/greeting customers, cleaning, stocking, and customer service. This is where I learned to work the cash register. We held lots of events all the time. The most enjoyable part was every 30 minutes we did a dance performance for the customers. There was nothing really hard about this job. I loved all my co-workers and managers. They all welcomed me with open arms and helped me warm up quickly.
Great Job
Trainer (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Joes!!! Fun all around. Had a great GM and a great crew that i worked with as well..
A picture with thousand words
Server (Current Employee), League City, TXJune 5, 2014
Loved making people smile and very family oriented to be. Great souvenir picture and something to remember about!
Good money, everything else is lacking
Server (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJune 1, 2014
Pros: decent money for serving
Cons: management, hours, smell
The money is very good for a serving job, as is the discount if you come in on your day off. However, management is not the most competent, the shifts are very long, and the pay is incredibly seasonal.
AMAZING!
Waitress (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: everything
Joes crab shack is a fun upbeat place to work. during my time here i loved every second!
Typical day - Come in with an awesome uniform of a tie-dye shirt with jeans and slip proof shoes..
Every hour they play music so you can be able to get along with the customers to make it an awesome fun time while they are there.
Managament is awesome very understanding and awesome to talk too. Co-workers are backstabbing but a lot of them are realy nice. over all loved it
Fast-paced restaurant with many tasks for servers
Server (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 29, 2014
Pros: educational on how not to manage a restaurant
Cons: lackadaisical management, volatile compensation
I was a server at Joes Crab Shack. I took orders, helped prepare food, ran the food to the customers, and cashed them out.

I learned how to remember many things at once and also how to hold 50 pounds of food on a small tray while running through a busy restaurant.

My management was quite disorganized and was at times dramatic. This was a distraction from the customers.
Fun & Friendly enviroment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), HoustonMay 29, 2014
Working at Joe's is a very challenging job while also a very fun, family oriented place of business.
I absolutely loved Joe's and how fast paced and unpredictable of a place it was.
If only the staff had an equal balance I'd still be there.
A fun Atmosphere with a lot of dancing and loud music.
Server/Manager (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals up to 5 people
Cons: short to no breaks
Joes Crab Shack was a very FUN place to work! The atmosphere was a fast paced, energetic feel. The summers are super busy, and the winters are super slow. Advancement for me was very achievable as within 1 year of working for the company I was an hourly manager. It takes a special kind of person to work for this company, if you don't have the "spark" you wont make it. Being outgoing, weird, crazy, misunderstood people is a MUST! The hardest part of the job was the job/home life balance. I was working 70 hours a week and having a 1 year old son at home and a needy fiancé, that didn't work out very well. The general manager was unwilling to reduce my hours to 40 hours a week and my
home life was going under water real quick, I had no choice but to put my 2 weeks in. when I did, I just wasn't scheduled after that.
Fun Fast Paced work enviroment
Server, Bartender, certified trainer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 27, 2014
Everyday we danced laughed had fun, served tables and had fun with customers. All of my co-workers got along great and we all had fun and spent time together outside of work. The management was great to work for with very understanding about the work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who tried to get food for free, but we made it enjoyable by assisting other employees with the difficult tables.
Fun environment, very corporate
Flex Manager/Corporate Trainer/Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNMay 21, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, relaxed environment
Cons: long hours
This is a fun place to work. The management style is very corporate. This job allows room for advancement and the opportunity to connect with guests on a more personal level. The dancing is fun and the charitable endeavors make it a stand out company.

About Joe's Crab Shack

At Joe's Crab Shack we deliver craveable seafood from the coast to your table. Born in the heart of Texas, we've been serving – Read more

Joe's Crab Shack Salaries