Joe Basil Chevrolet Employee Reviews

Great people and management.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYApril 18, 2013
The management helped train you the best possible to deal with the customers you were going to receive. Everything was about the customer, what they were looking for, and how to best satisfy their needs. there were always different types of people coming in to look for a vehicle. Certain co workers would prejudge them and not even give them the time of day. I was working 50 plus hours a week and was not guaranteed anything except for a $29/ week check. Everything was commission based so it was difficult to get on your feet after a rough couple days. It was great getting to know the people I worked with and learn bits and pieces of the job from all of them and it was excellent to get to know your customers better and form a solid bond with them.
Pros
mostly fast paced work environment, good management.
Cons
fluctuating customers, never being sure of how well you were doing with them.
Productive.
Billing Specialist/DMV Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYDecember 14, 2012
I typical day of work consist of billing deals for customer and preparing their contracts for banks, DMV as well as the customer themselves. Also, I prepared paperwork for Adesa Auction Sales through the wholesale department. Answered phone, requested lien releases from banks and companies for our customers. Clerical work, spreadsheets, filing, copying documents were also part of my daily routine.
Pros
the experience i will take with me and use it in an office setting.
Cons
no benefits, no appreciation or room to grow.
Decent place to work.
Bed liner technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Every day at work it would be long and boring, barely any work was to preform so id go find other jobs to do like take out garbage and help unload new cars and park em. I used to get yelled at for not staying in my bay and helping others with there job.
Pros
Cons
Bad Bosses
Great money, poor management
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I had a very good relationship with my employer, pay was excellent but there is no such thing as a break from this company. Advancement is slim to none and they frankly don't give a darn.
Great place to work!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJune 25, 2015
Coworkers and management were all great! I only left because I moved or I would have stayed forever. They were always advancing people.
Pros
Great team enviroment, Pay, Jim Basil really cares about his staff
good dealership
Accessory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 16, 2013
good dealership with good earning potential but a lot of hours