Joe Basil Chevrolet Employee Reviews

pay was good,management terrible!
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Transit rd,DepewNovember 19, 2017
Good place to work moneywise....management is terrible,they will set you up to fail with no help at all! If you have a decent job,keep it....not a good move at all!!
Pros
Compesation, pay
Cons
terrible managers in the body shop
great place
New Car Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYSeptember 29, 2017
lots of hours, retail type hours, but you will get paid extremely well. fun place to work. being commission can be scary but if you follow the process and listen to your managers you will be fine.
Jim Basil is great not the place of employment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYMarch 26, 2017
Mr.Basil is a great business man a great person overall but I don't believe he is aware of how is employees are being treated. Jim on the other hand treats his employees like family.
Pros
Christmas and summer parties
Cons
Management, harassment, pushing it under the carpet
Big place to work at. Was lied to hours sucked
Used car recon tech (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYDecember 7, 2016
Worked in the used car dept which is actually a separate building. Half the stuff was in the main shop on the other side of the huge lot. To them your just a number.
Pros
Big company new equipment
Cons
Don't care about you. Lie to employees
Productive and fun work enviroment
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJanuary 14, 2016
I would speak with customers, schedule appointments and help customers with the purchase of their next vehicle. I would follow up with customers to see how the everything went with our Sales staff and offer to answer any questions that they might still have.
Decent place to work.
Bed liner technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Every day at work it would be long and boring, barely any work was to preform so id go find other jobs to do like take out garbage and help unload new cars and park em. I used to get yelled at for not staying in my bay and helping others with there job.
Pros
Cons
Bad Bosses
Great place to work!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJune 25, 2015
Coworkers and management were all great! I only left because I moved or I would have stayed forever. They were always advancing people.
Pros
Great team enviroment, Pay, Jim Basil really cares about his staff
Great money, poor management
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I had a very good relationship with my employer, pay was excellent but there is no such thing as a break from this company. Advancement is slim to none and they frankly don't give a darn.
good dealership
Accessory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 16, 2013
good dealership with good earning potential but a lot of hours
Great people and management.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYApril 18, 2013
The management helped train you the best possible to deal with the customers you were going to receive. Everything was about the customer, what they were looking for, and how to best satisfy their needs. there were always different types of people coming in to look for a vehicle. Certain co workers would prejudge them and not even give them the time of day. I was working 50 plus hours a week and was not guaranteed anything except for a $29/ week check. Everything was commission based so it was difficult to get on your feet after a rough couple days. It was great getting to know the people I worked with and learn bits and pieces of the job from all of them and it was excellent to get to know your customers better and form a solid bond with them.
Pros
mostly fast paced work environment, good management.
Cons
fluctuating customers, never being sure of how well you were doing with them.
Productive.
Billing Specialist/DMV Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYDecember 14, 2012
I typical day of work consist of billing deals for customer and preparing their contracts for banks, DMV as well as the customer themselves. Also, I prepared paperwork for Adesa Auction Sales through the wholesale department. Answered phone, requested lien releases from banks and companies for our customers. Clerical work, spreadsheets, filing, copying documents were also part of my daily routine.
Pros
the experience i will take with me and use it in an office setting.
Cons
no benefits, no appreciation or room to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe Basil Chevrolet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9