Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work! Full of helpful people
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: You can tell your opinions matter, friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons: Its always sad to witness a long term patient expire.
Working at Joe DiMaggio has been a great experience. Everyone I've encountered has been very pleasant and a joy to be around daily. This is a company that only hire team players. I enjoy coming to work each and every day to be a part of this team.
answering phones and keeping patients company.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 29, 2014
I worked in 4south pediatrics with the children. I would answer phones when there was no receptionist at work and i would keep the patients company when they wanted someone to play with. the hardest part of my job was remembering all the nurses information for when they needed to be contacted, but the most enjoyable part was being able to put a smile on a patients face which lets you know that everything is going to be okay.
nice place to work
RN PICU (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: busy, a learnig experience.
Cons: for me it was a long drive. 60 mi one way.
Typical day at work is busy! I learned a lot working at Joe DiMaggio. Management is management. Co-Workers were very knowledgeable, friendly, and caring. Hardest part of the job was at times physically demanding. most enjoyable part of the job was the endless available educational opportunities.
My job is extremely fulfilling and I enjoy working there every day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2013
I could have chose any field of nursing but chose pediatrics because it's where my heart is.
Great people
Student Internship (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 17, 2013
the environment was very friendly. My preceptor was very professional and friendly.
Productive and fun work place
Advance level Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hollywood FloridaSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: if parked 5 miles away from hospital and took shuttle, hosp provided free lunch
Cons: only one 45 min break per 12 hour shift, no in-between 15 min breaks
Flexible 12 hour shifts, many protocols in place for patient safety, management was approachable, Nurse co-workers were awesome, patient care assistants were not as helpful, hardest part of the job were the trauma calls and being able to reassure the parents/family. The ambiance was the most enjoyable part of work.
Great place to work!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FlJune 1, 2013
Pros: working in a professional setting.
Cons: it was also cold!
Working at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital was a great experience for me. I not only learned so much in all aspects of the job which included: scheduling, checking patients in/out, verifying insurance, filing, data entry computer work, and following up on patients. Every day was different, challenging and rewarding. I also gained awesome friendships that still continue today. I never had any problems with management or co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be losing patients to illness, Yet the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was seeing patients beat their illness! Seeing the smiles on their faces, and glam of inspiration in their eyes.
The Hospital is Nice but Offsite Not
Professional (Current Employee), HollywoodMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good central location with hospital affiliation.
Cons: no growth allowed, its all about cutting back service. leader goal to eliminate clinicians.
The New Hospital is nice and the staff there is great!
Once offsite in the Rehab not up to other Childrens
Rehabs.
Leaders care about PT sports for kids only .
Not autism and cp friendly management as last leader was.
New leadership could care less about the autistic and cp kids.
Very sad, even childrens physiatrist left after years!

July 7, 2013

The leaders just cut all the outpatient therapists to part time no warning, just told them the week before. No more fulltime therapy staff in outpatient rehabilitation in Hollywood. Very sad to see a new childrens hospital cut rehab in such a populated urban region.

Great Hospital
Surgical Services Receptionist (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 9, 2013
The management is great, they try their hardest to work with you. The patients and families are amazing.
Excellent hospital for pediatric care
RN (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 18, 2012
Pros: many new experiences
Cons: impossible to transfer out of oncology once you were certified
I learned quite a bit here since graduating. Learned that I was not cut out to take care of the children suffering from cancer. Was very glad to be updated in new treatments and therapys