Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

One of the best childrens' hospitals in Florida
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is hectic, from critical care patient's, to traumas, to simple lacerations.

I have learned that I may be the face people will remember in the worst day of their lives and my care can make a difference even if they don't remember my name. I have also learned time management, prioritization, and organization.

Management like in all places have pros and cons. However my immediate management is approachable and willing to listen to what you have to say.

My co-workers are a well oiled machine. We all work together for our patient's regardless of our differences.

Hardest part of the job is taking care of patient's who found themselves in a situation that could have been prevented or that are dealing with social issues at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the most rewarding; to see patient's who were very sick and are able to bounce back.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 13, 2015
Great work environment. Very big on education and self advancement. Excellent benefits raises could be better. But over all a great company to work for. I would recommend this company for employment to my friends.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
horrbile raises
makes you almost uncomforatble
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 5, 2017
just very unorganized the most enjoyable part is helping the patients the best thing your getting out of your day mangement is unprofessional to much drama everybody doing what they want to do and there is alot of favoriteism
Pros
free lunch, gift cards
Cons
feel as if nobody cares ean bosses
Productive Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very patient oriented workplace. Patientsare always happy with their service here. Unfortunately seems to be a lot of people leaving the system.
Love to work with the Children
Radiology Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL 33021February 13, 2016
It is a family care center, where we care for all, patients, family members and co-workers etc.
Working with physicians from all specialty is amazing.
Great place to work!
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FlJune 1, 2013
Working at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital was a great experience for me. I not only learned so much in all aspects of the job which included: scheduling, checking patients in/out, verifying insurance, filing, data entry computer work, and following up on patients. Every day was different, challenging and rewarding. I also gained awesome friendships that still continue today. I never had any problems with management or co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be losing patients to illness, Yet the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was seeing patients beat their illness! Seeing the smiles on their faces, and glam of inspiration in their eyes.
Pros
Working in a professional setting.
Cons
It was also cold!
Productive and fun work place
Advance level Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood FloridaSeptember 19, 2013
Flexible 12 hour shifts, many protocols in place for patient safety, management was approachable, Nurse co-workers were awesome, patient care assistants were not as helpful, hardest part of the job were the trauma calls and being able to reassure the parents/family. The ambiance was the most enjoyable part of work.
Pros
If parked 5 miles away from hospital and took shuttle, hosp provided free lunch
Cons
only one 45 min break per 12 hour shift, No in-between 15 min breaks
The Hospital is Nice but Offsite Not
Professional (Current Employee) –  HollywoodMarch 5, 2013
The New Hospital is nice and the staff there is great!
Once offsite in the Rehab not up to other Childrens
Rehabs.
Leaders care about PT sports for kids only .
Not autism and cp friendly management as last leader was.
New leadership could care less about the autistic and cp kids.
Very sad, even childrens physiatrist left after years!
Pros
good central location with hospital affiliation.
Cons
no growth allowed, its all about cutting back service. leader goal to eliminate clinicians.
Great place to work! Full of helpful people
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 12, 2015
Working at Joe DiMaggio has been a great experience. Everyone I've encountered has been very pleasant and a joy to be around daily. This is a company that only hire team players. I enjoy coming to work each and every day to be a part of this team.
Pros
You can tell your opinions matter, friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
Its always sad to witness a long term patient expire.
nice place to work
RN PICU (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 4, 2014
Typical day at work is busy! I learned a lot working at Joe DiMaggio. Management is management. Co-Workers were very knowledgeable, friendly, and caring. Hardest part of the job was at times physically demanding. most enjoyable part of the job was the endless available educational opportunities.
Pros
Busy, a learnig experience.
Cons
For me it was a long drive. 60 mi one way.
answering phones and keeping patients company.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 29, 2014
I worked in 4south pediatrics with the children. I would answer phones when there was no receptionist at work and i would keep the patients company when they wanted someone to play with. the hardest part of my job was remembering all the nurses information for when they needed to be contacted, but the most enjoyable part was being able to put a smile on a patients face which lets you know that everything is going to be okay.
Fun & family atmosphere
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood FLJuly 29, 2015
Amazing facility to work for, if you love pediatrics then this is the facility for you. Family centered care. Busy floors that require constantly juggling of time and patient care.
Pros
amazing facility
Cons
scheduling
Great Hospital
Surgical Services Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 9, 2013
The management is great, they try their hardest to work with you. The patients and families are amazing.
Excellent hospital for pediatric care
RN (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 18, 2012
I learned quite a bit here since graduating. Learned that I was not cut out to take care of the children suffering from cancer. Was very glad to be updated in new treatments and therapys
Pros
many new experiences
Cons
impossible to transfer out of oncology once you were certified
My job is extremely fulfilling and I enjoy working there every day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2013
I could have chose any field of nursing but chose pediatrics because it's where my heart is.
Great people
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 17, 2013
the environment was very friendly. My preceptor was very professional and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2