Joerns Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

Great products, company struggling for Capital sales & Rentals are good with great service
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2017
Called on LTC skilled buildings only
Capital sales are slow
Quality products
Solid online ordering portal for rental
Sales reps are required to handle collections
Joerns is a joke
FST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2017
I have nothing good to say about this company. Horrible working conditions and pay is horrible for what you do. Vehicles are not appropriate for the work we're doing.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Stay away
Solid Job
FST (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 14, 2017
Every warehouse nationwide is different. For the most part you won't have a manager breathing down your neck. Your workload will depend on the city you work in. From what I understand Joerns pays the most out of the DME companies in my area. There is a lot of freedom and overtime is always available (sometimes required). Joerns had a rough 2016 and is hoping to recover in 2017. Management (in my case) is available by phone and you will probably have a supervisor in house otherwise known as a "lead tech". The lead is an extension of your manager so you will go to them with day to day concerns. As I mentioned before it was a rough 2016, riddled with high turn over rates in CS, billing issues, and credit holds. My day to day life is great here, it's when you get a glimpse of corporate and all the internal work, this is where most frustration stems. You are often limited to what you can accomplish in a day due to lack of inventory, which has not improved in the years I have been here. Overall, decent pay, alot of OT, freedom, CS issues, credit holds, inventory problems.
Fight for a high wage $17-19/hr if hired because raises are very little. (2017)
2 week orientation in
Los Angeles or Louisville is nice.
Pros
Freedom, Ot, laid-back, rebuilding
Cons
Potentially unstable, inventory issues, credit holds
It took me only a day and I knew
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 1, 2017
Just a horrible first impression on this company I knew once I started first day it was going to be bad. No mangers to help you get started. They threw me into the wolfs first day I'd never apply again for this company. If you don't have a family this job would be great for you they travel everyday outta town. With a crazy work load with you still getting jobs a 4:30 having to travel outta town. Working with guys who don't even like their own job. And With trucks that barley work and falling apart that doesn't seem safe To me. On boarding process takes about a month. So if you have s good job please don't leave it. Good luck to whoever.
Pros
Nothing from what I saw
Cons
Everything seemed bad
Former employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Lasted about 1 month. Worse place ever. If you knew someone or buttered up to management, you were good. Working weekends and holidays were the worse
Pros
close to home
Cons
Long training, culture caters to those who know others
You go right to doing your job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Good place to work, I check in with the manager, and download my work load on my phone to see where I need to be first. I load up the vehicle with what is needed to fill the job for the facilities I need to go to. I proceed to the job sites to install or recover equipment. I fill out invoices for each job then I proceed to the next site untill i complete my route. I head back to the warehouse to unload my vehicle and close out my end of shift on my cell phone.
Pros
They communicate well.
Cons
very little
Stay away if you have a family or life
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
There is no life/work balance. They want you to work as much as possible which would be ok if you don't have a family or friends. Management has threatened on multiple occasions to replace all of us at our location, and not for anything that we directly have done.
Customer service is a joke and their computer systems are so screwed up that it makes our jobs a million times harder than it needs to be.