John A Logan College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Excellent facility in which to teach
Term Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILMarch 12, 2017
Hired as Term Faculty, I have no knowledge of the benefits/compensation package. However, the colleagues in the Math Department collaborate & are willing to share notes to assist the instructors' success. As Term Faculty, the hours & time slots for classes easily fit into one's schedule & the Staff is available to answer questions & assist with any materials required. The pay is based on credit hours & the environment is conducive to student learning. A tutoring section is centrally located, & times are easily scheduled. There is an excellent & comprehensive library & the facility is extremely clean & maintained.
Great Learning Environment
Student (Current Employee) –  StudentFebruary 5, 2017
Good school, with good environment, plenty of resources and great teachers and staff. In august i decided to come back to school before having my second daughter in December. Working towards my RN.
Good place to work, financial issues because of Illinois budget.
Full Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILOctober 10, 2016
JALC was a great place to work. I was part of a reduction in staff because of the lack of Illinois funding. JALC is a reputable community college.
college
Business Leadership Counsel, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILNovember 14, 2015
great place to start a study in what ever field it may be
there are many clubs to belong to and to discovery your filed of study
I loved working here.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILJune 13, 2013
I loved meeting all the new students at John A and helping them with all the questions they had.. A normal day for me was answering the phone, filing paper work, and helping people with their questions
Pros
The manger and coworkers were really nice.
Cons
Didnt get alot of hours
Getting the job done and homework too!
Student Worker/Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILFebruary 18, 2013
This was a very easy job and an amazing first job. I watched the computer lab as I did my homework for my classes and I didn't have to do it at home! The people were great to work with and we had fun! Management was laid back but stern when needed. He was very trusting and was fine as long as you did your job.
Pros
fun and easy
Cons
sometimes it could be boring!
Okay workplace for a first-time job
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILAugust 30, 2011
Depending which office you get into, you may have really nice, hard-working coworkers, or really big gossips.
Pros
not many taxes taken out, short hours
Cons
gossip-y coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John A Logan College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4