John C. Lincoln Health Network

John C. Lincoln Health Network Employer Reviews

Changes Afoot..
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and work life balance
Cons: mergers are very difficult on the it staff
Scottsdale Health Care is in the process of acquiring JCL. Many promises made very few kept so far.
Busy environment
Patient Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: gave me the knowdledge for how to verify insurence policies
Cons: having to meet a quota for er/deductable collected pr day
Accurately entered and updated ER patient demographic information.
Verified and advised patients of their insurance benefits.
Initiate applications for AHCCCS for patients without insurance
Prepared charity applications for indigent patients and advised them of state resources.
Obtained prior authorization for patient admissions.
Collect ER co-pays – more... and deductibles.
Balance daily deposits. – less
Desert Mission
Vice President/Executive Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: never enough funding to support all the community needs
Desert Mission was founded in 1927 when people were settling in the community with tuberculous. In 1954 John C. Lincoln Hospital started to meet the growing community health needs. Since that time Desert Mission has remained the heart and soul of John C. Lincoln providing community members assess to a food bank, community health center, children's dental – more... clinic, behavioral health, child care and adult day care.

The programs were very versed but all served the purpose of helping those in need with basic services. A typical day was never too typical. I worked with donors, personnel, clients etc. I provided tours of the organization to promote funding and managed the day to day operations of the various programs. – less
Great Hospital
Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Great Hospital, Great Managers, Great Colleagues; a fine place to work
Benefits are excellent
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Phoennix, AzFebruary 1, 2014
Accommodates work and school schedules, excellent benefits, nice employees
fast paced, friendly, great environment
Medical Receptionist II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fast paced, many responsibilities
fast paced, able to cross train and work in different positions
Started out as new grad. Great place to work
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: leaving
Started out as a new grad and co-workers very helpful. Hardest part was learning to get organized on my day. At the end leaving and relocating out of state was hard. Most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with staff and helping my patients.
good place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2014
Great trauma hospital and loved working there. Great staff
Productive, enlightening for me and defineately rewarding intrinsically!!
Pharmaceutical Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: seeing patients in pain and having to relearn daily living skills.
This was a volunteer position where I was learning the routine of the joint department and assisting the physical therapist and patients. It was extremely uplifting to be able to assist patients to recovery and to lessen their pain.
productive learning enviornment
Respiratory Therapist/Pool (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2013
a great environment to work in. People work together as a team. The management works with you to achieve your best production.
Strong mission and vision
Vice President Community Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2013
Desert Mission is the heart and soul of JCLHN. Assisting families everyday meet their basic needs was a wonderful experience. I had great passion for the work I did each day.
J.C.L.
Surgical Technician, First Assist (Former Employee), phoenix,azDecember 3, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: ineffective management
its a work in progress, we were running on skeleton crews most times, we hire inexperienced people.my coworkers were great we worked well as team. the disappointing thing is that management didn't support the surgical tech staff like the could have. the hardest part about working there was the abusive surgeons they were able to talk and treat staff – more... the way they wanted usually bad, but it was only a few with bad attitudes and unprofessional vernacular. the most enjoyable part was seeing my co-workers accomplish goals under the strict restraints managements set upon us that was very rewarding, – less
great place to work
Account Reconciliation Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2013
Pros: great managers
Cons: takes a long time before an inadequate employee will be let go, so the rest of the staff has to carry the load.
Not enough to grow in the A/R field, Since the merge with Scottsdale Health , there is a possibility of lay offs
Well Known Health Network in Phoenix Arizona
Continuous Improvement Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: many resources
Cons: traditional working culture working toward improvment
Great organization focused on Patients first. The culture of this organization prides itself on delivering top-notch healthcare.
Excellent Employer
Director Desert Mission Food Bank (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2013
Pros: excellent community service programs, history and foundation of support the community
John C. Lincoln Health Network is a Top Rated employer and I am proud of the 27 years of service with this excellent organization. From my supervisors to co-workers, this organization meets the needs of the community each day through it's community service programs.
hard working front line patient care emplyees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2013
Pros: not better than other hospitals benefit packages.
Cons: trying to solve the budget deficit by reducing bed side patient caregivers
The hardest part of the job is the feeling that you were unable to give great patient care due, to causes that are out of your control. Some of them come from the fact that the hospital is loosing money and tries to resolve it by reducing staff to stay within the budget, nurse lateral and vertical aggressiveness, no real managerial support. Here I don't – more... like to, but i would have to mention a part time unit director who listens to only one person, that lost contact with the reality of nursing and hears only one side of the story, never knowing what is happening on the floor unit. So in not so many words the in-supportive management makes the hardest part of the job even harder. – less
I love my job!
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: its the best place to work
Cons: they do not have hospitals that they own in tucson to transfer to.
I am getting married and moving to Tucson, otherwise I would stay. I have been with John C. Lincoln for 10 years. I love working in Healthcare knowing that I am able to help others.
supportive workplace
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2013
Pros: encourage education
Supportive Work enviornment. Friendly Staff & great teamwork
Productive and Fun work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at work would be signing in, greeting everyone with a smile and saying hello. Everyone being friendly and talking to each other, taking turns with the errands.

Doing everything with a smile and positive attitude gets through the day a lot faster and makes you feel more accomplished.

Everyone at the site is friendly and ready to help, – more... if needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy faces of the patients going home. – less
Staff was very helpful good teamwork.
CNA/ PCT/Unit Sec/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
Pros: the schedule worked three days per week.
Cons: the distance to travel for work.
A typical day started with measuring vital signs as well as answering call lights.
Helpful with continued education.
Management followed up with patient's in their rooms, to check on our performance.
The best group of co-worker they were caring and friendly.
It is most difficult when one of the patients dies.
I liked the self schedule.

1 2 3