John C. Lincoln Health Network

John C. Lincoln Health Network Employer Reviews

great place to work
Account Reconciliation Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2013
Pros: great managers
Cons: takes a long time before an inadequate employee will be let go, so the rest of the staff has to carry the load.
Not enough to grow in the A/R field, Since the merge with Scottsdale Health , there is a possibility of lay offs
Well Known Health Network in Phoenix Arizona
Continuous Improvement Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: many resources
Cons: traditional working culture working toward improvment
Great organization focused on Patients first. The culture of this organization prides itself on delivering top-notch healthcare.
Excellent Employer
Director Desert Mission Food Bank (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2013
Pros: excellent community service programs, history and foundation of support the community
John C. Lincoln Health Network is a Top Rated employer and I am proud of the 27 years of service with this excellent organization. From my supervisors to co-workers, this organization meets the needs of the community each day through it's community service programs.
hard working front line patient care emplyees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2013
Pros: not better than other hospitals benefit packages.
Cons: trying to solve the budget deficit by reducing bed side patient caregivers
The hardest part of the job is the feeling that you were unable to give great patient care due, to causes that are out of your control. Some of them come from the fact that the hospital is loosing money and tries to resolve it by reducing staff to stay within the budget, nurse lateral and vertical aggressiveness, no real managerial support. Here I don't – more... like to, but i would have to mention a part time unit director who listens to only one person, that lost contact with the reality of nursing and hears only one side of the story, never knowing what is happening on the floor unit. So in not so many words the in-supportive management makes the hardest part of the job even harder. – less
I love my job!
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: its the best place to work
Cons: they do not have hospitals that they own in tucson to transfer to.
I am getting married and moving to Tucson, otherwise I would stay. I have been with John C. Lincoln for 10 years. I love working in Healthcare knowing that I am able to help others.
supportive workplace
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2013
Pros: encourage education
Supportive Work enviornment. Friendly Staff & great teamwork
Productive and Fun work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at work would be signing in, greeting everyone with a smile and saying hello. Everyone being friendly and talking to each other, taking turns with the errands.

Doing everything with a smile and positive attitude gets through the day a lot faster and makes you feel more accomplished.

Everyone at the site is friendly and ready to help, – more... if needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy faces of the patients going home. – less
Staff was very helpful good teamwork.
CNA/ PCT/Unit Sec/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
Pros: the schedule worked three days per week.
Cons: the distance to travel for work.
A typical day started with measuring vital signs as well as answering call lights.
Helpful with continued education.
Management followed up with patient's in their rooms, to check on our performance.
The best group of co-worker they were caring and friendly.
It is most difficult when one of the patients dies.
I liked the self schedule.
No team effort no manger support
adminstrative (Former Employee), north mountain/deervalleyJune 4, 2013
Pros: cleaniness
Cons: poor management
Nothing really good to say about John C Lincoln because if your not sleeping with management then no tell what tell what else is going on in the building.
Very busy
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2013
If you can't multi task this isn't the job for you. I learned so much working here.
Work at your own risk ladies
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, Arizona Deer ValleyMay 4, 2013
Pros: clean facility, fair patient satisfaction.
Cons: allowing continued employment of staff with sexual abuse towards staff, obvious brushing complaints under the rug, not protecting female staff, potential for patient abuse, potential for continued abuse, high liability.
As a recent staff RN I did not have a chance to really get to know the facility as a I resigned withing 5 months of hire. I worked on a med/surg unit during the night shift and one evening I was sexually abused by a laboratory tech whom I had just met the night before. Now never experiencing this type of abuse, I was shocked, horrified and unsure of – more... what to do. I called in sick the next evening and then again on my next scheduled shift. I was contacted by my department supervisor at which time I informed her what had happened. Now I will say that this employee did not just say something inappropriate to me, he came up behind me and touched me in an inexcusable manner. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. The department manager did sound very concerned and then stated that 'if' this happened she would have to investigate it and report it to the HR department. The HR manager contacted me and asked if I was okay with him calling this employee in to discuss the complaint. I agreed, was contacted several days later and advised that the employee admitted to doing exactly what I had reported. I then was asked to just 'try to stay away from him and when did I want to come back'. Wow, okay. I asked to be transferred to the other facility, or even a day shift position and was advised there were no open positions. I was also advised that I could apply for a PT on call position but I would have to resign and reapply. I gave him my resignation over the phone and when I checked on the application process for the PT position, I was informed there were no needs at that time. When I informed them that the HR director advised me to apply I again was informed to keep checking. I never heard from them again. I believe they wanted to get me out of the facility as quickly as possible to avoid a lawsuit. Looking back a few months now, I probably should have contacted legal representation. I did recently have a friend contact the hospital and ask for this employee and yes, he still works there. I decided at the very least I should report the incident through this review site as it may help someone else in the future. – less
very educational and a great learning experience
Surgery Attendant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2013
Pros: 401k match
Cons: you might not get a 15 minute break
I start everyday with a meeting on the responsiblity for the day, we learn new machine's , talk about improving the old ones,the job is not hard, love all my co-workers. I am looking for a new career in customer service or clerical support.
Family Environment
Phlebotomist Lab Aid/Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2013
Pros: opportunities to work alongside an eclectic array of persons
Cons: difficulty establishing positive relationships within the laboratory
I greatly enjoyed working alongside the staff at JCL, from the nurses and doctors to the patients, folks running the cafeteria, and housekeepers. This facility is the type of place where you learn everyone's name and greet each other when meeting them on the street. Working in the lab presented new challenges for me as far as learning to work with different – more... types of management styles. I feel I have grown from my experience working in the lab at JCL and have taken away valuable lessons for the future. – less
Busy and productive nights
CCU RN (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and helpful co-workers
Cons: lack of organization, non-friendly charting system
Provide nursing care and health care services to persons in a 32-bed mixed intensive/critical care unit. Admissions. Administration of meds and Tx as prescribed by health care providers; via central lines, IVs, injection, topical, po, etc. Evaluate, assess, refer, and confer with doctor/mid-level care providers concerning routine and emergency treatments – more... for DKA, sepsis, ODs, DTs, MIs, etc. Record VS, labs, I/O, meds, drips, etc. Follow the Standards of the Arizona Nurse Practice Act. Perform other duties appropriate to the class. – less
I LEARNED A LOT ABOUT WORKING IN A HOSPITAL
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2013
Pros: the many patients i had met.
Cons: new management came in and many quit.
I HAD WORKED AT THE HOSPITAL FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS, I LIVED JUST A FEW BLOCKS FROM IT AND IT WAS A VERY CONVENIENT PLACE TO WORK. I LOVED WORKING AROUND THE MANY PATIENTS, AND ALWAYS FELT I HAD HELPED THEM IN SOME WAY WITH FRIENDSHIP AND CARING.
Keep looking
Professional (Current Employee), JCL - DVMarch 15, 2013
The benefits here stink. Low end of the pay scale. Poor health insurance options. Very top down management with little to no communication or interest on what the actual workers do and have to say. I am looking elsewhere.....as should you! Doctors allowed to retain bad attitudes. Very few paid holidays.
Not a fun place to work anymore...
Currently employed elsewhere (Current Employee), North Mountain / DunlapFebruary 12, 2013
It has changed from a caring environment to a political commercial jungle. This is no longer a fun place to work.
Teamwork is key
Health care worker (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: upper management not supportive of advancement from with in.
Very busy, but most of the time satisfying work. Great team of co-workers
Relief supervisor and respiratory clinical specialist
Respiratory Clinical Specialist/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2012
Pros: great department with excellent manager and co-workers
Cons: location
2 8 hour shifts and 2 twelve shifts. An excellent non profit organization to work for. State accredited, trauma level 1, stroke and MI center
A very clickish group
Laboratory (Former Employee), Deer ValleyOctober 26, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: closed minded to new ideas
I have never been treated as I was there. More long term emplyees treated new employees as outsiders. It is very hard to become part of the team if you want to call it that. Thinking outside of the box is not at all a strenght. New Ideas are not welcome by long term employees. Change is very much not welcome.