John Carroll University Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work place for students
Classroom Technician, ITS Department (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJune 2, 2016
As a student classroom technician, duties include but not limited to managing installation, configuration, repairs and maintenance of office, classroom and lab computing resources.
Fun and very interactive
Intern (Current Employee) –  Grasselli LibraryMay 23, 2016
At John Carroll the typical work day is very exciting. My schedule varies every Friday I go because its a program through my school and i work every Friday during the day instead of going to school and it helps with the payment of my tuition. At this job site I learn things everyday I learned problem solving, organization and learning connections are very valuable. The management is great because they make sure you are comfortable at work and makes sure things get done. My co-workers are amazing and they help me feel welcomed and make sure you are welcomed also and they help around and make things smooth faster. The hardest things I had to do at my job is when I learn a new thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly environment. Overall my job is amazing i love everything that is done there.
Pros
Family-like environment
Great Place to Work
Assistant Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 19, 2016
The mission is what drives performance at John Carroll University. I have been given a great deal of opportunity to professional develop myself by attending conferences and seminars. I would recommend JCU as a great place to work.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Autonomy
Great work environment for Students
Multimedia Classroom Assistance Student (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 3, 2016
John Carroll IT gave me the opportunity to not only excel in my education but to also fine tune my customer service skills. As a multimedia classroom assistance specialist I had to manage projects for teachers classroom presentation needs. I also had to be on call for whenever a problem would arise. I grew a lot in this experience in working with others of a higher status and with other students that were older and younger than me.
Rewarding but demanding
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHNovember 29, 2015
The academia world is a very different work environment. Very rewarding but overly demanding. In researching systematics of biological diversity one can speculate of not having a lucrative career, but I believe their needs to be some kind of compensation if you are working 12+ hour days for the university other than living off ramen noodles. The academia world is an excellent place for many with the passion for the subject areas that is required, but of me it was the balance of my other hobby's that was lacking. Time with friends and family become more valuable as you get older. This became more important to me than unraveling the evolution of cyanobacteria.
Pros
Surrounded with bright individuals
Cons
life balance
SoSo
Server and Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Has its ups and its Downs like most places. This is a union job. Some people like this others to not. Will be cross trained on all jobs. Chance to gain extra hours. The hardest part of the job is getting used to having to completely go out of your way to satisfy customers.
A positive work environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Changing the lives of students, faculty, and staff through fitness and wellness. Working with motivated and enthusiastic staff at an excellent university. John Carroll is an incredible school with amazing staff and students, and I love going to work.
served as a rotc commander
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2015
helping freshman come into college and make a career out of the army is a great thing
Great school
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2014
I currently only work part-time and teach two classes while also working full-time. I applaud the fact that JCU seeks out and recruits professors that are part of the current workforce to help educate students on real-time shifts in the workplace.
Student group
Network For Success Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHAugust 23, 2014
Students helping students with professors. I did it for two semesters and found it worthwhile to help others out who struggled with gaining confidence for finding a job or interviews.
Amazing Academic Atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHMay 27, 2014
Professors care about students. Wonderful communication between students, faculty, and staff.
Gradaute Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHApril 1, 2014
Being a graduate assistant is a great opportunity to earn a degree while having a job that is flexible with student schedules. John Carroll has a strong community, where education, personal development, and service are prominent.
Productive, fun place to work; love the staff and faculty
PC - Laptop Deployment & Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OhioDecember 11, 2013
Productive, fun place to work; love the staff and faculty.

Performed full system migrations for over 300 customers using industry-standard tools and techniques: WSUS, Symantec Ghost, and Altaris PC Transport. In addition mobile devices were encrypted using Sophos safeguard.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Colleauges/Co-workers. Compensation below average
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHAugust 19, 2013
The best part of working at JCU are the people. Great colleagues/co-workers. Compensation is below average.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
overall compensation
A good company to work for.
Janitor - Cleaned the science (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2013
I had a good day at the work place, and my co-workers were
easy to work with. My day consisted of general cleaning, and I
learned to work well with others.
Fun work place and consistent with my values
Student Health Center Secretary (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJuly 29, 2013
A typical day at work included setting up appointments for students and driving them to them, keeping files for doctors, and providing information about the Student Health Center. I learned to make work fun and provide emotional support to students struggling with health issues. My co-workers were incredible people, genuine and supportive. They always made me feel appreciated and worked with me to improve professionally. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and discussing the ways in which the Health Center could meet their needs.
Pros
studying on my down time
Perfect school job.
Carroll Fund Ambassador (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJune 17, 2013
I loved this job. I learned more about my University than I thought possible. I became very close with my peers and some faculty and administrators. I got to speak to alumni and raise money for my school. Also, I obtained great skills for a future career.
Pros
fun work environment.
Cons
the hours, 6-9 at night mon. - sun.
This was a consortium with cohorts for the instruction of Black Youth
Adjunct Professor, (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJune 2, 2013
Instruction teachers on "how Black Students Learn"
This was instruction provided to teachers' who were struggling to teach black students and failing to reach parity in the classroom.
Pros
impacting a significan numbaer of teachers
Cons
unable to instrauct all teacahers.
Unfortunate decline in management and culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  John CarrollMarch 18, 2013
Most colleagues are friendly but leadership is absent. Don't foresee change anytime soon, glad I'm out.
Learned my love for sales/relatioship building
Assistant in the Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 20, 2013
Worked here during college. Where I first learned my love for sales/marketing/relationship building. Tackled my nak for reading people and adjusting my sales pitch on the fly!
Pros
worked with people, could do homework as well
Cons
had to work some weekends

4.3