John Carroll University Employee Reviews

Was a Summer Workforce Employee
Student Workforce (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHOctober 25, 2017
Worked 40 hours a week, was compensated, free housing over the summer. It was a job. Your boss is a great guy and would expect you to work just like any boss would.
Its okey place to work
GC Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2017
They have a store in the recreations center on the campus that have good food thats the cafeteria and they are selling good john carroll clothes. Outside of the campus is really nice because they have really good landscape.
Pros
You have to pay for your lunches
Cons
You will get three breaks
John Carroll Registrar
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHOctober 4, 2017
This was a great place to work. As a student worker you only make minimum. The work was tedious and you were supervised at all times. Really the only job you were doing is pulling files.
very easy work no drama good enviorment great employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2017
a day envolves cleaning dorm rooms taking out trash greeting students cleaning restrooms hardest part was working in the freshman dorms they smell & very trashy or noisey i learned how to be more professional being around professors and wealthy people most enjoyable was being around a great group of people that was very happy and fun managment is great they try there hardest to work with you
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
very hot
great Working Environment
Human Resource Assistant / College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2017
Great team and place to work. Friendly professional environment.
A Culture of professional and employees and employers that care about employees'.
IF you have a chance to work for the University don't pass the opportunity.
Pros
culture
Cons
parking area for employees could be larger
Overall a great place to work
Associate Director of Campus Ministry (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHMarch 18, 2017
There are many wonderful benefits offered by the University including free tuition for dependents.
There is an emphasis on maintaining work/life balance, which includes access to recreational facilities and classes.
There are also many opportunities to engage in an active learning community with discussion forums, conferences and outside speakers.
Pros
Tuition benefits
Cons
lower salary than other organizations
Diverse group of individuals working towards a common goal
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHMarch 7, 2017
Excellent staff and place of work. They are always willing to help and answer any questions you may have. Job is challenging at times, but the rewards are worth the efforts.
Student/Cadet
United States Army ROTC Cadet (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2017
As a cadet the schedule was very full of all military aspects and having to balance a full load as a college student was challenging but very doable. It is a great experience for time management and discipline.
Work place that encourages growth and promotes independent thinking
Graduate Assistant in Biology (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 5, 2017
John Carroll University has provided me with the opportunity to grow as a scientist capable of completing independent research while simultaneously furthering my education and capability to act as a leader and teacher of young students.
Simply a work study program
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 1, 2017
John Carroll University provided me an opportunity to not only build a base of knowledge for the real world, but expanded my depth within Mathematics.
Very professional
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJanuary 26, 2017
Professional place to work, discounts, great staff, safe environment, work life balance is good., Treated well
Classes avaialable
No diversity, great pay
Good
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHDecember 22, 2016
Overall my experience was great. I am just an office assistants so I do not get benefits. I get the hours I want and my supervisor is great. I like my job.
Sports
Atheletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJune 20, 2016
JCU give students a lot of job opportunities on campus. They allow student to help with the athletic trainers. Student trainers get a lot of hands on experience and teaching
Pros
Learning
Cons
student job
Excellent work place for students
Classroom Technician, ITS Department (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJune 2, 2016
As a student classroom technician, duties include but not limited to managing installation, configuration, repairs and maintenance of office, classroom and lab computing resources.
Fun and very interactive
Intern (Current Employee) –  Grasselli LibraryMay 23, 2016
At John Carroll the typical work day is very exciting. My schedule varies every Friday I go because its a program through my school and i work every Friday during the day instead of going to school and it helps with the payment of my tuition. At this job site I learn things everyday I learned problem solving, organization and learning connections are very valuable. The management is great because they make sure you are comfortable at work and makes sure things get done. My co-workers are amazing and they help me feel welcomed and make sure you are welcomed also and they help around and make things smooth faster. The hardest things I had to do at my job is when I learn a new thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly environment. Overall my job is amazing i love everything that is done there.
Pros
Family-like environment
Great Place to Work
Assistant Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 19, 2016
The mission is what drives performance at John Carroll University. I have been given a great deal of opportunity to professional develop myself by attending conferences and seminars. I would recommend JCU as a great place to work.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Autonomy
Great work environment for Students
Multimedia Classroom Assistance Student (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHFebruary 3, 2016
John Carroll IT gave me the opportunity to not only excel in my education but to also fine tune my customer service skills. As a multimedia classroom assistance specialist I had to manage projects for teachers classroom presentation needs. I also had to be on call for whenever a problem would arise. I grew a lot in this experience in working with others of a higher status and with other students that were older and younger than me.
Rewarding but demanding
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHNovember 29, 2015
The academia world is a very different work environment. Very rewarding but overly demanding. In researching systematics of biological diversity one can speculate of not having a lucrative career, but I believe their needs to be some kind of compensation if you are working 12+ hour days for the university other than living off ramen noodles. The academia world is an excellent place for many with the passion for the subject areas that is required, but of me it was the balance of my other hobby's that was lacking. Time with friends and family become more valuable as you get older. This became more important to me than unraveling the evolution of cyanobacteria.
Pros
Surrounded with bright individuals
Cons
life balance
SoSo
Server and Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Has its ups and its Downs like most places. This is a union job. Some people like this others to not. Will be cross trained on all jobs. Chance to gain extra hours. The hardest part of the job is getting used to having to completely go out of your way to satisfy customers.
A positive work environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Changing the lives of students, faculty, and staff through fitness and wellness. Working with motivated and enthusiastic staff at an excellent university. John Carroll is an incredible school with amazing staff and students, and I love going to work.