John Christner Trucking Employee Reviews

First time ever pulling a reffer
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 28, 2017
This is the first company I have worked for in this kind of work I have been a car hauler for years and before that I was in the van lines I have been driving for over 30 years and I have been hear for 6 mouths​ now and I am very happy hear so far
management
LOAD PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 28, 2017
from day one i wasn't a favorite and it showed in the amount i felt i was pushed around and not given the opportunity to shine. only good benefit was the bonus pay. other than that its like high school working there. people have their clicks and management loves their favorites. bad place to work
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management likes to micromanage, no room for moving up
Great
Night Dispatcher (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 19, 2017
Busy from start to finish. Hardest part was learning the trucking industry as a whole. Culture was great. If you are looking for a great place to work thats rewarding this is it.
great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OK 74066February 1, 2017
enjoyed being independant and traveling across the country. delivering good to different cites and enteracting with different people. you pretty much get to travel for free.
Pros
traveling
Cons
away from home alot
Very poor communication, Too much sitting, Bad Pay, Very high expenses, very poor track record for hometime
COMPANY DRIVER NOT A LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 4, 2017
John Christner was great at first and then milege saving came to be the normal no matter the load and route drivers lose 100+ miles per load sometimes as high as 200. JCT restricts all routes accross I-90 but if driver does not say anything about added miles to avoid JCT WILL NOT Pay them same as using I-70 west of Denver in winter. This should be automatically built into the load. Hometime always late or way to early forcing driver to be home longer if driver has any appointments to go to during home time. Also drver may have to deadhead home 250+ miles for hometime. And if JCT has you drop trailer to go home JCT WILL NOT PAY for DH Coming out.
Pros
None that I can think of since you will never own the Truck
Cons
YOU ARE A COMPANY DRIVER WITH A PAYMENT.
Nice place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 23, 2016
It was okay to work here, I dont like talking about companies but all I can say is I left because i needed more money. I really dont know what else to say about the company but they have lots of work but they have less pay for the drivers and I really think the lease program is really not a good program at this company.
Pros
Food good in orientation
Cons
more money
They were great
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 18, 2016
Considering going back to them. Not sure if i want to go back OTR. If i do decide to go back to OTR. John Christner would be my choice. Dispatch, shop, leasing office and everyone at company was very helpful.
Pros
great staff, pay is up to you.
Cons
no phone signal at terminal. Limited terminals across country. Limited parking for trucks.
Rude Lying Staff-john mallory
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 7, 2016
My story is too long for this type of format, but the bottom line is that i did not get paid anything from jct for the last 5 weeks of driving , and i have my statements to prove it. I was averaging between 1800 and 2800 weekly and was not getting paid. john mallory claimed i ruined the engine in my tractor. Problem is that here was no warning lights or alarms , and the tractor ran fine. I felt that mallory was a racist. They wouldn't even let me go back in the building to use the restroom when i was waiting for a taxi to take me to the bus station.
I highly recommend to anyone considering this company , to reconsider.
Pros
Cons
read summary
not such a good a job
Lease operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 11, 2016
unless you stay out all the time you can not make a decent living.they also ding you for every expense that they can.At the termination of lease it is also hard to get back any accounts you have.
Makes it possible to be productive.
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 10, 2016
No Non-sense approach to freight. No calls wondering what your doing. They let you do you job. Miles are money and they are aware of it. Time on the road is the hardest out for long periods, I live in Florida so it makes home time rough. Just all in all a great work place.
Moving America
Owner-Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 9, 2016
good people comfortable work place with easy going peers . management very fair. seeing the country was a plus, getting to locations some time difficult due to weather.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Not enogh miles
Busy work environment
Yard Spotter (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKDecember 2, 2015
Co-workers are not team players. Have not received a raise since hire date in May of 2015. Equipment is old and usually broke down
Cons
short breaks, low employee to work ratio
Good company overall
Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 28, 2015
Well where to start. First the company as a whole is good, don't get me wrong. Secondly, this is a non-forced dispatch company however some of the driver managers will force loads on you. Lastly, the 85% of the drivers are just down right rude. Don't expect most of them to wave to you as you drive the opposite direction, nor talk to you at any shipper/receiver nor truck stop.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Average settlement check 800 to 900 a week.
was good ppl there..
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 29, 2015
the company was ok to me..the pay is the problem..there are good ppl that work in there in management and recruiting. dispatch umm no comment.
Pros
got brand new truck 2015
Cons
pay is not that great
Good Place
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMarch 19, 2015
This company is a good place to go if you are looking at becoming an O/O but other then that i would rather stay as a company driver. i was sitting a lot and when it the shop i was in for a few days for a simple fix
Cons
shop wait time
dont work for them
owner/operator, lease purchase (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 24, 2015
I have been a driver for 17 years and this is one company you do NOT want to work for. I was stuck paying for work on a truck I did not pick and had to be fixed as soon as I got it.
Cons
treatment of drivers
Enjoyed travel and sense of indepence
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sepulpa, OKFebruary 5, 2015
This is a good company if your are very serious about trucking. You have to be experienced enough to be able to go your own way and plus make money for the company. Fuel and route management knowledge would definitely be a plus.
Pros
You have your own truck to buy in 5 years.
Cons
You have to pay for your own fuel and loads were usually very heavy.
the owners are good people
truck tech/ first supervisor (Former Employee) –  OKNovember 14, 2014
the owners are good people, fun place to work, family owned, nice place to work
Pros
the owners are good people
Cons
there is none
Great family environment
Lease Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 20, 2014
One of the best places I have ever worked by far. They work directly with the driver and do not force anything onto you if you do not want it.
Pros
Great equipment, lots of miles
Good Company, Lots of miles, Long average length of haul
Tractor-Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Southwest FloridaApril 25, 2014
Good Company and People, Lots of miles, Long average length of haul.
Had a great dispatcher; good access to most everyone at company when you need it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Christner Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

John Christner Trucking Reviews by Location