John Christner Trucking Employee Reviews

great please
LEASE OPERATOR/DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 12, 2018
Family oriented will do what it takes to help their drivers, wont lie to you. vary honest. The whole time I worked for them they always took the time to correct a problem. Everyone in the office tries to work together
Lease Driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 15, 2018
Worked for JCT as a lease purchase driver/ owner operator. Made good miles and excellent pay, was taught how to run a successful business, I would recommend JCT to anyone.
Productive workplace
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 13, 2017
great place to start when you are looking to do lease-purchase. they will show you the way, if you are willing to do the work. the pay you for the work you do.
Ok place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 13, 2017
I was at JCT for 10 months. It is a ok company overall to work for. The miles are great 3,000+ most weeks. The only complaint is they do not give you enough time a lot of times to make on time delivery. If you are late with a load then you will get a service failure. If you get 2 service failures in a year then they will terminate your contract in most cases. They will give you a service failure even if you get sick and your sickness causes you to be late! All they care about is the load. Not you and your health. So just be careful when you apply with this company. If you run hard then this is a great company for you. If you are not a hard runner then you better reconsider. Good luck!
Pros
Great miles and decent pay
Cons
Rules are to strict on on time deliveries.
OTR Team Driver
Lease Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 3, 2017
Great company, consistent freight and consistent miles. Solid people in the office and shop. Equipment taken care of very well. If you want to work and make money this is a good place to do it.
Long Haul driving
OTR Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 29, 2017
Company was typical for a long haul/ lease operator company. I was fortunate to have a good supervisor and was always provided with home time as needed.
Average trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 26, 2017
I didn't have a problem with this company, the problem I had was the same as most trucking companies, low pay, I don't think that drivers are paid for the amount of work we do.
Pros
Good fleet
Cons
low pay
Need a job
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 21, 2017
I like to stay busy and I always put 110 percent into my job I have been told I work good with other people most of my driving experience is over the road would like to find a local driveing job
Wonderful atmosphere, Awesome management
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day with John Christener Trucking consists of communication with your entire team. JCT staff takes the time to make each individual feel important. They are patient and willing to work you. The hardest part of the job would have to the backing for me personally, I have always had a hard time with that particular aspect of the job, other than that the workplace and job itself is amazing.
Not a Good Experience
OTR Driver / Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I leased a truck, the first one had a Turbo issue that the shop was unable to fix. I ended up taking it to a International Dealer to get it fixed, when Christner changed the Turbo the used the wrong size hose to connect it. I changed to a new KW T660 and my maintenance account stayed in the negative because of an issue with a Super Single.
Pros
Easy to Start
Cons
Equipment, Maintenance
Great place
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 13, 2017
They are a family type company. My DM is amazing at his job. No pay raises, cap for detention pay and lay over pay. They offer referral bonus too. Nice trucks to drive.
Pros
Good place to learn to be an owner op
Cons
Cap on detention and layover pay
Driving keeps you away from home.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 10, 2017
Demands are high. Pay is good. The opportunity to be you own boss is great. They help you become an owner/Operator with lease program. And provide you with the tools to succeed.
Very friendly
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 28, 2017
I had a good driver manager and never had a problem with JCT as a company. My pay was always right and on time. Just couldn't make enough money as a lease operator.
managment
truck repair (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 15, 2017
I loved working here it was close to home had good people to work with. I did a lot to help company feelin for people when they needed it but when it came down to me having some life issues they wont they to back me up like I did them. there is no raises or overtime u work over ur 40 it still paid as regual time there are a lot of management people that don't know how to be in management but other than that I would love to work here again
Pros
close to home
Cons
no raises no paid overtime
Good company to be a lease operator
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 9, 2017
Good attitude toward their drivers good equipment and helpful service department . They have good accounts that help keep a driver very busy and good miles so you can be a successful operator
Lease purchase program
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 8, 2017
I was doing fine with the company until they got tired of my truck needing repairs and decided it was time for me to upgrade. I wasn't ready but we fought a bit about it and needless to say I lost
Pros
Pick n choose where you wanna run
Cons
Too much swapping loads, and not good about repairs, and maintenance, I've been overcharged and charged for repairs that never happened, then they got tired of my needing repairs..Took the choice from
First time ever pulling a reffer
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 28, 2017
This is the first company I have worked for in this kind of work I have been a car hauler for years and before that I was in the van lines I have been driving for over 30 years and I have been hear for 6 mouths​ now and I am very happy hear so far
management
LOAD PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 28, 2017
from day one i wasn't a favorite and it showed in the amount i felt i was pushed around and not given the opportunity to shine. only good benefit was the bonus pay. other than that its like high school working there. people have their clicks and management loves their favorites. bad place to work
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management likes to micromanage, no room for moving up
Great
Night Dispatcher (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 19, 2017
Busy from start to finish. Hardest part was learning the trucking industry as a whole. Culture was great. If you are looking for a great place to work thats rewarding this is it.
Stable company
Operations operater, night dispatch, elogs, OS&D (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 13, 2017
Cross training does happen, compensation does not. Advancement for favorites happens. Over all not a bad place to work, benefits are wonderful.
Benefits
Cons
No raises, very little advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Christner Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

John Christner Trucking Reviews by Location