John D. Archbold Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with a desirable environment
Patient Access Rep - Trauma Center/Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 28, 2015
I love the fact of getting to play a role in helping someone when there family or themself has an emergency. I work good around co-workers that agree that we all work together to give our workplace the best environment for patients/customers and other fellow employees. I have learned medical terminology and how to deal with crisis situations while working in the emergency room at Archbold.
Pros
good benefits, pto accured
Cons
high job turnover rate
Great workplace with a lot of opportunities
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Checking patients into the emergency room and making sure they have insurance to help pay for the hospital visit. I learned how to run insurances, better customer service skills. The management had their favorites but overall it was a wonderful experience. The co-workers made you feel comfortable even when you're lost and confused about what to do. The hardest part of the job would be learning all the different insurances. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with many different patients and making sure they have everything they need.
benefits
Cons
short 30 min lunch break during 12 hour shifts
fun sometime
Hostess, Dietary Float Specialist, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GANovember 14, 2013
a typical day at work is okay
what i learned is to never work there again
management the bad
co-workers bad
the hardest part of the job is going to work with them
enjoyable part of the job is goning home and been off the next day
Pros
free lunch everyday
Cons
bad healthcare
ED Tech
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 22, 2013
I work 7pm -7am in the ER as a tech. ER can be a fast paced and stressful environment. If you are interested in the nursing field this is job for you. My typical night is spent assisting the Emergency Department staff and physicians during emergency procedures, as needed. The ED Technician takes vital signs, prepares wounds for suturing, and applies splints and bandages. We have a good team and help each other out a lot. Co-workers are like your family you can't live with them you can't live without them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help people that are sick. The hardest part of the job is death. Management needs some improvement.
benefits
Cons
must smile at all time archbold is big on customer services
Intensive Care Unit- RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GADecember 3, 2012
I work nightshift (7pm-7am) in the intensive care unit. The first thing I usually do is get report on my two patients along with charge report. I get along great with almost all of my coworkers. We have a good team and help each other out a lot. One of the hardest parts of my job is trying to take good care of my patients and babysitting the new nurses in the unit. It can get hectic when there are a lot of unstable patients. I feel like management doesn't care a lot about the employees of the unit anymore. I really enjoy taking care of my patients and watching their health improve.
Pros
new unit
Cons
never get a break, too many new nurses to precept, poor management
John D. Archbold
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  thomasville, GAJune 20, 2012
All in all, Archbold is an ok place to work at. Environmental services is the place to be if you want to make a litle money and never have to improve on anything. My typical day at work is face paced and hectic. We are short staffed so I am being stretched beyond my means. Co-workers are your best friends here, without them you are just in a bad place. Just be prepaired to be worked hard and under paid in evs, other departments, idk but people seem to be much happier.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
over worked and under paid