John Deere Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Global Fortune 500 Company
Information Technology Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAFebruary 8, 2016
Long known for it's concern for its ag-related customers, and for over 100 years of continuous service while adapting to changing social and economic consitions. It remains committed to Equal Opportunity standards, will hire multiple family members, and stays focused upon being a technology leader without surrendering its core values.
Pros
standard compensation packages and worldwide connections
Cons
In IT, a "not-invented here" mindset
Wonderful company
SENIOR DEALER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed my 29 years at JDF. It provided opportunities for growth and advancement. I joined JDF in 1986 when the US credit operations were consolidated to West Des Moines. Over the years, I watched the company grow from 45 people in the office to 1600 at the Johnston location.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Department management
Wonderful work environment!
Credit Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAAugust 28, 2015
When you first start at John Deere Financial, you see a presentation about John Deere and his values: Integrity, Quality, Commitment and Innovation. These values did not end there. We were frequently reminded of them at monthly employee meetings, and encouraged to use them in every aspect of everyone’s position. This was very impressive to me, as was the benefit package and work environment. The expectations of my position were clear, and evaluated monthly with my supervisor. I highly recommend John Deere Financial!
Pros
Great benefits, caring environment, good home/work balance encouraged.
No Growth
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 25, 2015
John Deere Financial is overall a good place to work, but since the Madison Office is not the corporate office, growth is next to impossible. They pay an excellent wage so it is next to impossible to leave once you are established.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No time off, no growth
Great company to work for
CROP INSURANCE ADJUSTER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for John Deere Financial and would recommend anyone to apply to work for this company. The hands on experience was great (ie. working in the fields and also on the computer).
Pros
Great pay and coworkers
Cons
It wasn't consistant
N/An
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed my time with John Deere Financial. They are an organization that provides a good working environment and strong work/life balance.
Deere is a good place to be work and I have enjoyed my years of work.
Contract Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 24, 2014
Working from home has been the best work experience I have ever had. Getting claims sent to me but having the office available at anytime to help with the claims process is great. I have learned customer service in securing the insured to trust the claims will be handled with the insured being top priority. I have seen managers come and go but those that are seasoned have great abilty to lead the adjusters and get the most from there people. My most enjoyable part of the job is going to the farms.
Pros
freedom to work the claims but still be at home to be with the family.
Cons
when the claim season is low as an adjsuter it can be difficult.
Great company, great co workers. Fast paced environment.
Administrative Assistant/Credit Processing (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day would be to coordinate all incoming emails for both leasing and credit processing departments. Once that has been finished I audit new John Deere equipment contracts.

I have learned a great deal on the Deere financial industry as far as how contracts are completed. What kind of markets there are across the USA for purchasing new equipment. And the strides JD makes to constanly change/adapt to the markets and job style.

My co-workers have been amazing with making me feel at home and helping me out where help/learning is needed.

The hardest part of my job is loving what I do but not making nearly enough money for my own personal needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the envirnment and the people i work with. They all are great lively people that will always be willing to lend a hand. I have never walked past a person in the halls that hasnt said hello.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
dont make enough money
Friendly working atmosphere
Clerical/Admin (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 4, 2014
The job overall can be stressful. But I like the people I work with and it's a friendly atmosphere.
nice coworkers
unknown (Former Employee) –  mid-westAugust 9, 2013
was never happy here. too many politics and if you don'tpretend to be the nicest person (fake) you won't make it......healtcare is too expensive, vacation days way too low...flexible work depending on the manager...can be a good or bad manager.....had more bad then good...would not work here again
Pros
flexible to some extent
Cons
healthcare, low vacation days, low pay
A challenging work environment with supportive, goal oriented management
PROCESS MANAGER / CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAApril 1, 2013
JDF was supportive of my becoming a process professional while I was managing a credit operations department. I enjoyed being challenged and allowed to learn new skills complementary to my positions.

I would say that building the Customer Experience Team process and team was the most fun I have had working. I managed bright young people and interns in the delivery of our defined tactics. I had responsibility for the budget and all work produced by the team.
Pros
work group and team oriented
Cons
career path for process professionals limited
Excellent company with strong belief system that is evident in everything
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2013
John Deere Financial is an excellent company as is their parent company, John Deere. There is a clear sense of purpose that emanates from every leader in the company. A slight word of caution this company tends to be extremely conservative which translates to continued success in adverse markets, but hesitancy to adapt to change. This can mean less than average adoption of new methods and industry standards within IT.
Not recommended (at least for customer service)
Billing/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 22, 2013
A typical day consisted of taking many calls for customers, and processing a lot of information. Processes change on a weekly basis. Quality Control is completely unfair, and if you aren't a supervisor favorite, they can use it easily to get you out the door. When going to upper-management, they back the supervisors 100% and provide 0 confidentiality.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
quality control monitoring (they watch everything you do), you're tied to your desk.