John Deere Financial

John Deere Financial Employer Reviews

Deere is a good place to be work and I have enjoyed my years of work.
Contract Adjuster (Current Employee), Johnston, IAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to work the claims but still be at home to be with the family.
Cons: when the claim season is low as an adjsuter it can be difficult.
Working from home has been the best work experience I have ever had. Getting claims sent to me but having the office available at anytime to help with the claims process is great. I have learned customer service in securing the insured to trust the claims will be handled with the insured being top priority. I have seen managers come and go but those that are seasoned have great abilty to lead the adjusters and get the most from there people. My most enjoyable part of the job is going to the farms.
Great company, great co workers. Fast paced environment.
Administrative Assistant/Credit Processing (Current Employee), Johnston, IAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: dont make enough money
A typical day would be to coordinate all incoming emails for both leasing and credit processing departments. Once that has been finished I audit new John Deere equipment contracts.

I have learned a great deal on the Deere financial industry as far as how contracts are completed. What kind of markets there are across the USA for purchasing new equipment. And the strides JD makes to constanly change/adapt to the markets and job style.

My co-workers have been amazing with making me feel at home and helping me out where help/learning is needed.

The hardest part of my job is loving what I do but not making nearly enough money for my own personal needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the envirnment and the people i work with. They all are great lively people that will always be willing to lend a hand. I have never walked past a person in the halls that hasnt said hello.
Friendly working atmosphere
Clerical/Admin (Current Employee), Johnston, IAJanuary 4, 2014
The job overall can be stressful. But I like the people I work with and it's a friendly atmosphere.
nice coworkers
unknown (Former Employee), mid-westAugust 9, 2013
Pros: flexible to some extent
Cons: healthcare, low vacation days, low pay
was never happy here. too many politics and if you don'tpretend to be the nicest person (fake) you won't make it......healtcare is too expensive, vacation days way too low...flexible work depending on the manager...can be a good or bad manager.....had more bad then good...would not work here again
A challenging work environment with supportive, goal oriented management
PROCESS MANAGER / CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM (Former Employee), Johnston, IAApril 1, 2013
Pros: work group and team oriented
Cons: career path for process professionals limited
JDF was supportive of my becoming a process professional while I was managing a credit operations department. I enjoyed being challenged and allowed to learn new skills complementary to my positions.

I would say that building the Customer Experience Team process and team was the most fun I have had working. I managed bright young people and interns in the delivery of our defined tactics. I had responsibility for the budget and all work produced by the team.
Excellent company with strong belief system that is evident in everything
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2013
John Deere Financial is an excellent company as is their parent company, John Deere. There is a clear sense of purpose that emanates from every leader in the company. A slight word of caution this company tends to be extremely conservative which translates to continued success in adverse markets, but hesitancy to adapt to change. This can mean less than average adoption of new methods and industry standards within IT.
Not recommended (at least for customer service)
Billing/Customer Service (Current Employee), Johnston, IAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: quality control monitoring (they watch everything you do), you're tied to your desk.
A typical day consisted of taking many calls for customers, and processing a lot of information. Processes change on a weekly basis. Quality Control is completely unfair, and if you aren't a supervisor favorite, they can use it easily to get you out the door. When going to upper-management, they back the supervisors 100% and provide 0 confidentiality.