JOHN DEERE HORICON WORKS

JOHN DEERE HORICON WORKS Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work!
Inventory Counter/Checker (Current Employee), Horicon, WIMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discount on lawn equipment and gaters.
Cons: only seasonal, minimal benefits.
I enjoyed going to work everyday knowing how important my job is to the daily functioning of the factory overall. I learned skills that will always stay with me and was treated very well by management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is finding parts that have no location - it can be a real scavenger hunt! But when you talk to numerous people and finally find them, its also very rewarding.
DON'T APPLY HERE
Assembler (Current Employee), 201 pod 2April 28, 2014
Pros: the end of the work day
Cons: forced over time
I can't wait till I find another job,so I can get out of this Hole They work you like a dog,long hours,weekends are forced on you.The supervisor calls you when your sleeping to try and make you work so core workers can take off.I work in pod 2 201,they call it the bird cage cause your flying around in there to do your work,while others work Leisurely.Hate Hate Hate the place.

May 22, 2014

TRADE IN YOUR HOURS FOR A HAND FULL OF DIMES! NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!

fun place to work
Robotic Welder (Former Employee), Horicon, WIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: wages and overtime
Cons: heavy work, pressure to produce over 120% #, s
They only hire seasonal help. I was a welder. They would get better quality production with welders being a full time position. I learned to be a robotic and manual welder. I learned about maintaining the robot. I used a fork truck daily, welded manually daily,repaired bad welds from robot. The hardest part was keeping up speed with the robot cycle, which was on my machine less than a minute. I enjoy welding. I did not have much interaction with co-worker. In my dept. Management was in training, so it was stressed.
Extremely dirty work.
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee), Horicon, WIDecember 1, 2013
This was a seasonal job that I accepted because it was paying more than the job I was in and was closer to home. A typical day began with cleaning the tunnels under the machines and ranged from rearranging cabinets to MSDS organization.
Worklife
TRAINING FACILITATOR (Current Employee), Horicon, WINovember 13, 2013
Pros: decent income
Cons: no job security
You are really at the mercy of everyone else. Being a support person means that you can be called to assist anyone at any given time which could push work back until the next day.
Overall Good Atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee), Horicon, WIJune 7, 2013
Pros: this was probably the best job that i have had to date!
Cons: the unwillingness of the employees to help one another!
This was a good fit for me as far as the work went, myself being mechanically inclined. In general the other employees were pleasent to work with. The line manager that I had the pleasure of having for a supervisor was a well meaning, hard working man, he was fair and helpful. Overall I liked working for him. I wish that I had been able to keep this job over most that I have had, I was let go due to an absence. I had been tardy/absent more than once because I was riding my bicycle to and from work 13 miles each way. I was unable to find an employee to help me out with a ride to work.
Horrible place to work, horrible pay, no benefits, many broken promises!
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Horicon, WIMarch 26, 2013
Pros: really nothing.
Cons: work extremely hard for very low wage.
In my 30+ years in the workforce, this has been the hands down worst experience I've ever endured. I have worked in 7 different manufacturing facilities and have successfully ran my own business in the past and this company is a modern day sweat shop! Everyone working on the "line" takes multiple doses of Ibuprofen everyday just to make it through their shift! The pay sucks... unless you are "core" and you are treated like animals. No chance or hope for a full time future. You pay union dues yet the union will tell you outright that because you are supplemental, you are really not going to get anything from them except a T-shirt! Stay far far away from this place and all of their broken promises and lies!
Great workplace
Welder (Current Employee), Horicon, WIApril 1, 2012
Great workplace, lots of overtime. No benefits, good co-workers
full of promises, lack of commitment.
k200 assembler (Former Employee), Horicon, WiMarch 6, 2012
Pros: overtime, decent pay.
Cons: lies, sexism, unfair, broken promises.
pretty much a unionized work place who hires on a bunch of "supplementals" to help with the over bearing work force that the "core" members can't do by themselves. Promise after promise of protecting the supplemental and a possibility for advancement, and protection from the "union" which you pay 60$ a month for required, even though they can fire you no questions asked for something as miniscule as checking your phone. good pay, but be prepared to do nothing but work, eat, work, sleep.

About JOHN DEERE HORICON WORKS

Deere & Co. isĀ interestedĀ in seeing its customers go to seed and grow. The company, one of the world's largest makers of farm – Read more