JOHN DEERE HORICON WORKS Employee Reviews

Great Place to work with good people.
K2 Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 9, 2015
Great place to work, hours are long but worth it when you see the finished product roll off the line. Great pay and friendly fun environment.
Pros
great pay
Cons
seasonal
Typical days are very busy
Technical Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIOctober 18, 2015
John Deere Horicon Works is a good place to work. I am just looking to move my career to the next level. As a day shift supervisor, I am managing trades working with contractors and attending meetings.
Poor Work Culture
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIJune 29, 2015
John Deere has two kinds of employees: Core and Supplemental. Core are full-time, full-wage, full-benefit employees. Supplemental employees have a much smaller wage, no benefits, and are laid off often. The majority of employees are Supplemental, and any new employee starts off as one and must work for 6 months before they are able to apply to be Core. However, many Supplemental employees can work for over 9 years and still be passed up for Core positions by newer, unproven employees. The company is just too big and too bureaucratic to be a good place to work.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
It's not a good job.
Locals do not talk highly of company
welder (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIMay 7, 2015
I live 10 minutes from this company and do not hear very good feedback about them(many seasonal jobs no benefits, overall poor treatment, and long hours 50-60.)
I encourage all workers who have had a bad experience with an employer to share, we are each others only resource against BULLY
employers
Pros
not one
Great career company
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIJuly 2, 2014
Great company
Felible work hours
good benifits
Plenty of job training
Productive and fun place to work!
Inventory Counter/Checker (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed going to work everyday knowing how important my job is to the daily functioning of the factory overall. I learned skills that will always stay with me and was treated very well by management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is finding parts that have no location - it can be a real scavenger hunt! But when you talk to numerous people and finally find them, its also very rewarding.
Pros
free lunches, discount on lawn equipment and gaters.
Cons
only seasonal, minimal benefits.
Don't apply here
Assembler (Current Employee) –  201 pod 2April 28, 2014
I can't wait till I find another job,so I can get out of this Hole They work you like a dog,long hours,weekends are forced on you.The supervisor calls you when your sleeping to try and make you work so core workers can take off.I work in pod 2 201,they call it the bird cage cause your flying around in there to do your work,while others work Leisurely.Hate Hate Hate the place.
Pros
The end of the work day
Cons
forced over time

Comment – May 22, 2014

TRADE IN YOUR HOURS FOR A HAND FULL OF DIMES! NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!

fun place to work
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIDecember 3, 2013
They only hire seasonal help. I was a welder. They would get better quality production with welders being a full time position. I learned to be a robotic and manual welder. I learned about maintaining the robot. I used a fork truck daily, welded manually daily,repaired bad welds from robot. The hardest part was keeping up speed with the robot cycle, which was on my machine less than a minute. I enjoy welding. I did not have much interaction with co-worker. In my dept. Management was in training, so it was stressed.
Pros
wages and overtime
Cons
heavy work, pressure to produce over 120% #, s
Extremely dirty work.
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIDecember 1, 2013
This was a seasonal job that I accepted because it was paying more than the job I was in and was closer to home. A typical day began with cleaning the tunnels under the machines and ranged from rearranging cabinets to MSDS organization.
Worklife
TRAINING FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 13, 2013
You are really at the mercy of everyone else. Being a support person means that you can be called to assist anyone at any given time which could push work back until the next day.
Pros
decent income
Cons
no job security

Want to know more about JOHN DEERE HORICON WORKS?

Ask a question
Overall Good Atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIJune 7, 2013
This was a good fit for me as far as the work went, myself being mechanically inclined. In general the other employees were pleasent to work with. The line manager that I had the pleasure of having for a supervisor was a well meaning, hard working man, he was fair and helpful. Overall I liked working for him. I wish that I had been able to keep this job over most that I have had, I was let go due to an absence. I had been tardy/absent more than once because I was riding my bicycle to and from work 13 miles each way. I was unable to find an employee to help me out with a ride to work.
Pros
this was probably the best job that i have had to date!
Cons
the unwillingness of the employees to help one another!
Horrible place to work, horrible pay, no benefits, many broken promises!
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIMarch 26, 2013
In my 30+ years in the workforce, this has been the hands down worst experience I've ever endured. I have worked in 7 different manufacturing facilities and have successfully ran my own business in the past and this company is a modern day sweat shop! Everyone working on the "line" takes multiple doses of Ibuprofen everyday just to make it through their shift! The pay sucks... unless you are "core" and you are treated like animals. No chance or hope for a full time future. You pay union dues yet the union will tell you outright that because you are supplemental, you are really not going to get anything from them except a T-shirt! Stay far far away from this place and all of their broken promises and lies!
Pros
really nothing.
Cons
work extremely hard for very low wage.
Great workplace
Welder (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIApril 1, 2012
Great workplace, lots of overtime. No benefits, good co-workers
full of promises, lack of commitment.
k200 assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WiMarch 6, 2012
pretty much a unionized work place who hires on a bunch of "supplementals" to help with the over bearing work force that the "core" members can't do by themselves. Promise after promise of protecting the supplemental and a possibility for advancement, and protection from the "union" which you pay 60$ a month for required, even though they can fire you no questions asked for something as miniscule as checking your phone. good pay, but be prepared to do nothing but work, eat, work, sleep.
Pros
overtime, decent pay.
Cons
lies, sexism, unfair, broken promises.

2.8