John Deere Landscapes Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding job with team oriented atmosphere
Account Mgr/6 branches (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 30, 2015
John Deere Landscapes afforded me a huge opportunity to enhance my professional skills in the area of sales and increase my monetary value to be able to afford the things I needed and wanted on a personal level.
Pros
Compensation for performance, aided and supported advancement and training, strong relationships with employees and management
Cons
Alot of time spent on the road, long hours, high expectations in regard to sales and yearly budgets
productive place to work
Driver and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MADecember 21, 2015
Full time annual lay off driver. Good place to work with good benefits job can be stressful at times but overall good place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful at times
Great place to start
Employee (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 9, 2015
Good entry level company, no training set up to help employees. If you are looking to move up within the company, good luck with advancement. College education doesn't carry much weight with upper management. Good place to learn your craft and move on from.
Cons
long hours in peak season
Loved the contractors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonOctober 7, 2015
Management was the worst. Went through 3 mangers in 4 years. Not a safe location to work at. The contractors were wonderful.
Pros
Wage
Cons
great company. unsure of employee development
branch manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2015
want to grow with company but no clear direction for employees. if you are good at what you do it becomes easier to keep you there then move up and replace.
Pros
great people
Cons
professional growth. typically filled outside company.
Good place
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They do a great job of creating a supportive environment. Training, compensation, and everything were positives for me.
excellent company to work for
branch manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 1, 2015
i learned a lot by working for this company and i used my skills to open my own irrigation company and became my own boss and was able to a a good year of work but unfortunately in this market work slows down every year.
Steady employment
Customer Service, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 14, 2015
Good company, you really need to want to relocate if you want to be promoted. Its nice to work for a large corporation just for the fact that you know you'll have a check every week.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
some managers were unethical
Diverse
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2015
This is a diverse workplace. It deals with all types of flowers and trees from all over the world. The only thing about working for a landscaping company is that if there is a water drought you maybe out of a job.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Droughts
Worst company to EVER work for
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2015
Deere sold this unit to a PE firm that changed out the entire management team that cared about employees. It is now run by Old Castle employees and friends of the new management team. 50% of the prior middle management team were fired or demoted (and this used to be a successful company).

Avoid working at this company at all costs. Cunning but very deceitful.
Pros
deere owned them
Cons
sold their soul to pe and destroyed people

Want to know more about John Deere Landscapes?

Ask a question
teamwork enviroment
General Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 8, 2015
I have worked here a year. I have been getting more responsibilities. It has a good teamwork environment. I have been shown the computer system. I go out on deliveries to customers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
explanations of benefits
Its nice place to work
Dynamics ax technical consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 23, 2015
I worked fro this client in implementation of General ledger module for Microsoft dynamics ax 2012 vesion. I also developed new ssrs reports and also involved in the code upgrade and go live support. Its nice place to work and learn new technologies
Large Company good benefits
Branch Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 3, 2015
One of the large company in is field, long hours. Company has great benefits, Customers were great to work with. Overall a good company to work with
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
It was a very fast pace environment, there was never a dull moment. I was constantly learning daily about the different products in the store I wasn't familiar with, such as chemicals and varies of fertilizers. I had awesome co-workers, we all worked all together and always got the job done in a well fashioned manner. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure you're really making sure your customer knows that they're important and feel as if they were not rushed and the result is a happy customer meanwhile dealing with long lines and customers needing to be on a job site in a timely manner. To be accurate, I thoroughly enjoyed my customers the most out of everything at John Deere Landscapes. I knew about half of them from my previous job so it worked out well for myself and the customers. I had the best customers!
Pros
great benefits, good people
Cons
lunch break, management
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VaJune 19, 2012
Day starts off with all hands on deck, busiest time of the day. Mostly would be loading businesses trucks with supplies and unloading supply trucks, Operating a forklift and moving pallets around and just keeping the warehouse clean. Management was great to work with. My co workers were awesome great guys with alot of stories to tell. the hardest part of the whole job was having to hand unload two or three full pallets of fertilizer each weighting 50 lbs in a matter of 30 mins. Driving and meeting other co workers at other stores and being able to driver all over for deliveries and pick ups.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits, no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no paid sick days as ft seasonal
Awesome comapny
RETAIL SALES ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Franklin tnJune 2, 2015
the company was always clean taken care of and spacious.
Had the equipment to get the job done
awesome people to work with
Pros
Great 401k
Cons
n/a
Low Pay
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 29, 2015
The job pays little if more than minimum wage. Co-workers are good people to work with, decent work life balance.
Pros
good work life balance.
Cons
low rate of pay, so-so benefits.
Management is great
Irrigation Design (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 14, 2014
If you are just in it to have a great boss and some job security, then this place is for you. Because it is such a huge company its pretty hard, from what I here to get fired.

There are a lot of negatives with this job, which I have seen were pretty consistent across the board an with different people in different departments. There is A LOT of downtime and this is not a good thing, you'll come to work and for the whole day you'll be doing nothing at all but reading a book, then because John Deere's are never in a place near civilization I drive a long while to get to work to do nothing. They don't pay enough for me to do so. So by the end of a typical month I will be broke because the driving it takes to get to work and food I buy during, even if I make my own lunch it is a lot. I would only recommend someone working here if they have A LOT of spare money for gas and A LOT of time to kill.

Also! Very important this company is cheap, all of the staff only shares one computer, so with that there is really no need for any other position since major programs are only installed on 1 computer since that is all the company can afford.
Pros
great boss, free parking, a lot of down time
Cons
no room for advancement, only 0.3% raises a year, a lot of downtime, all of staff must share 1 computer
A productive and fun work experience.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXJune 1, 2014
Directed branch sales and operations, including P&L, accounting, staff hiring/training, inventory control, purchasing, and vendor/customer relations. Identified and pursued new business, maintained relationships with and developed programs for strategic accounts, and coordinated product/service delivery. Negotiated with executive decision makers, including presidents, VPs, CEOs, and business owners, on price points, targeting customer needs, securing business, and establishing partnerships.
Supported a credit department in collecting and maintaining customer account receivable balances.
very good company with great integrity
Regional Buyer Florida (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLNovember 14, 2012
JDL was a great company to work for and the people there are great.
The management was some of the best I ever encountered.

the economy was what put an end to the nursery side of the company.
Pros
benefits / management expertise
Cons
n/a