JOHN DEERE WATERLOO WORKS Employee Reviews

felt like a part of something huge
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 13, 2016
like many places, there are people or management that don't see eye to eye, but there are many ways to make your ideas heard and talked about. constantly trying to achieve your goals easier and more efficiently while staying safe.
Pros
very good benefits and pay
Cons
its a factory, so the climate is extreme
great co workers`
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 1, 2016
bad management great benifits great people to work with union isnt to bad but plays favoritism hard to know if you have a job day to day
Co-op College professional job experience
8000S Chassis Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 18, 2016
Great agricultural professional company with an executive feel. Organized and professionally managed providing you the tools to learn and be apart of professional design projects.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Management, Organized, Systems
Cons
Security on site
A good job with great bennefits.
Wage Employee (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 9, 2013
John Deere is a highly motivated leader in the Ag Industry. The department I currently work in strives for quality, safety, and innovation. I enjoy being part of that. However, I do feel that I can only use my knowledge and experience to some degree. My supervisor can call on me to do what ever job is neccessary any day.

The plant has an onsite fitness room, which is used frequently and other onsite bennefits that help out with work/life balance. Overall John Deere has been an excellent place to work.
A very clean place to work with a structured work schedule.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 28, 2015
I worked in several assembly line departments including , the 9r final line building radiators, installing drive shafts and attaching wiring harnesses and hydraulic hoses. On the 8r drive train line we built the rear axle for the 8 thousand tractors, I worked in several cells including the final test cell. On the 7r final line I installed the gas tanks, help set the cab and hooked up the wiring system on the rear of the cab. On the 6r chassis line I installed wiring harnesses and many hydraulic hoses. Along with assembly duties I also drove fork truck, Led 5s project for department, and pulled and organized parts for multiple durability and LPB builds.
I learned that a tractor has way more parts than I could have ever imagined, and the process for building a reliable tractor is very intense and time consuming. I am very personable, so working with others is very easy for me.
Pros
They have a great benefit plan and pay is good.
Cons
Multiple shift, so can get moved around.
time spent with deere
PT Manufacturing Engineering (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 17, 2012
some days its hecktick, some days there's not much going, on. There's alot of fire fighting that goes on per se each day that makes it difficult to complete tasks out. managers are good for the most part but a great majority of the time they aren't really around. To complete anything it takes a large amount of time, even the simple tasks take longer to complete than what they should. being out on the shop floor interacting with everyone is great and the fact each day brings on a new challenge keeps things interesting.
Great company that values their employees
Production Support (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 14, 2013
Productive place to work at with people who are very industrious at everything they do. Working at John Deere you encounter challenges and opportunities for career development everyday.
Pros
Great Healthcare for the employees
Excellent health Insurance
Wage Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 20, 2014
I experienced a high level of discrimination and harassment by management.
The better work you do the more you're harassed and moved around.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 12, 2014
I would come to work, do my job, learn different tasks when offered.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
job security
Great benefits
Assembler, CNC Machine Operator, Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 11, 2013
I learned CNC maching as well as assembly while working. Co-workers are helpful. I also took blueprint reading classes offered at Deere's. I used hand tools as well as pnuematic tool, calipers, and various other tools available to me.
Fast pace ,and great benefits
Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 24, 2014
John Deere is a great place to work, my co-worker, always great team workers.
Pros
Best pay in waterloo
Cons
Long drive from my home, and worked 3rd shift
Productive but somewhat inefficient in many of the day-to-day operations
Material Handler Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 31, 2014
I learned a great deal about logistical systems and operations and techniques for lean manufacturing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOHN DEERE WATERLOO WORKS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8