John Deere Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you can get on fulltime
Buyer, Tactical (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSAugust 13, 2017
I learned how to use SAP by training myself. I had a flexible work schedule where I could come in anytime between 6 and 8am and work 8 hours. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
No ability to be hired fulltime
Not for me
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILAugust 11, 2017
I'm a hard worker, but the work was just too much for me. It's a good job for people who don't mind getting laid off at any given time, or people who have to do mandatory 10's or 12's and voluntary 14's or 16's. It just wasn't for me, I don't like money that much.
Good company but process driven.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIAugust 10, 2017
JD understands that the customer is paying for everyone's salary and that it takes months to find a customer and only seconds to lose one. To ensure this quality reliable product, they are very process driven. Unfortunately, this can slow the innovation down.
Pros
Believe in providing a good quality product.
Cons
Can be slow in providing new technolgy to their products.
Good company to work for, competive, with good people.
Supply Management (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSAugust 9, 2017
Relocation, was an issue, family relocated from another facility and experienced my first bad manager with in the company resulting in my leaving for another opportunity.
Not my desired or ideal position, over qualified and stuck
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAAugust 8, 2017
I'm tied to the phone at a desk for 8 hours. I've learned to not take a level entry position just to get my foot in the door, wait for the right opportunity in which I'm qualified for.
My direct manager is great. Workplace culture is great, but as an inbound call center, we are so call focused we do not really get to interact with many within the company.
The hardest part of the job is being mentally and emotionally exhausted by end of the day due to working with a constant flow of customers. Not to mention being tied to the phone at a desk limits movement and mobility.
For the most part, I do enjoy speaking with our customers and helping them.
Pros
Free lunches, treats once in awhile
Cons
Inter corporate ladder they've created which inhibits your ability to advance
Great company to work for as they were union to benefit the not just the company, but all the companies and peoples they serve
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 8, 2017
They were organized union that took care of their employees in all ways that made the employees take care of them and most importantly their customers.
Pros
all paid benefits, set shedules all paid OT
Cons
for me that they moved from Conyers to McDonough
Quick paced
Assembler and fork (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 6, 2017
Very detail-oriented workplace. Fast paced with lots of moving Parts and tools. Very dirty environment great pay excellent workers great management overall great place to work it's like a big family
Challenging work place
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 6, 2017
Was great in the beginning. Now everyone is to sensitive. Management pushes workers to get every last bit of work and time out of them. Work loads are overwhelming at best.
Fast pace working environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 5, 2017
John Deere Waterloo Works is a fast pace working environment. With such a high demand for John Deere tractors employees work 10 hours days per week,I don't mind the overtime. High demand for tractors shows that John Deere is outstanding in assembling a great quality product. Most co-workers are friendly and helpful which I like.
Pros
Benefits are great, fast pace good pay overtime
Cons
Leaving the work area unkempt . Building can get hot during summer.
Very productive fast paced job.
WAREHOUSE ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 5, 2017
Not much room for growth with the company it's very fast paced and productive. Very strict on production with tough rules and you will work long hours with mandatory Saturdays..
Pros
Good pay and overtime
Cons
Very short breaks, low job security tough production guidelines

Want to know more about John Deere?

Ask a question
Great place for work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 4, 2017
John Deere Electronic Solutions is a great place to work. Engineers are working together on meaningful projects. Cultures are great. They have great equipment for tests.
Hate it
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 4, 2017
too much work for the pay, i have to work grounds, trash compactor, waste management and clean the offices, all the buildings, police the parking lots, clean the kitchens all with 17 people, under Janitor.
Fun and Enjoyable work place
X-26 Field Test Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIAugust 3, 2017
Nice supervisor works well with employees is flexible with days that you need off. Easy job as long as you do what you are told to do. Second shift is better than first shift.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 3, 2017
Job was awesome. Most employees where helpful. Id go back in a Heartbeat. Learned alot of new things there. Hardest part of the job i find was buting quick when your learning something new. An also not having the right info in the oms
Very interesting company, good work place.
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIAugust 1, 2017
I was a maintenance helper and learned how to drive forklift, assist maintenance men to fix machines, deliver parts to them and clean all areas. Management was very good and kept all informed on what was going on in the industry. Workplace culture was very positive and very productive. People strive to put out high quality machines. Seems every one was extremely proud of how their product went out. The hardest part was working in some very cold areas, like having to go outside on the forklift when it was snowing and freezing outside. I enjoyed how the company was ran and how an assembly line worked.
Pros
Had drawings lunches for all.
Cons
Working in the winter outside
Work alot of hours with no life.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIJuly 31, 2017
Can make good money working a ton of hours but you have no life.
Some of the management is a joke as they have no experience and do not do a good job supervising.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
6-7 day work week
Strong Company
Lead Analyst, Worldwide Logistics (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
John Deere was a great company to work for, with a strong brand and a good working environment. It was a great company to start a career with; the company invested a lot in its young talent.
good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJuly 30, 2017
really nothing to do because the job was very very slow paced and i have to move alot for me to be satified with the job i was just riding on pallet jacks and stand up fork lift all day
Pros
free meals and good friendly people
Cons
short breaks
Great company, no permanent positions
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 28, 2017
John Deere is a great employer--great benefits, hours, pay. Unfortunately, John Deere does not make it possible for a temporary employee to become a permanent John Deere employee. I have worked as a temp for 2 years in several different position, but unable to become permanent. As a temp I have no benefits, etc.
Pros
Great company, people
Cons
only temp position
Relaxed and Consistent
Supply Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 28, 2017
Everyday is casual friday.
My manager is very relaxed and is happy as long as the work gets done.
Anyone can talk to anyone.
Most people are willing to help with job advancement opportunities such as job shadows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.