John Deere Employee Reviews

Analyst
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCJuly 19, 2017
slow environment, great people, there wasn't many opportunities where I was but I don't think that is consistent across the company. My manager was almost always gone. There was a nice gym on site as well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
low pay, little future advancement
Good company
New Product Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 19, 2017
Good environment with a very flexible schedule. My job has a lot of variety and is not mundane. Managers are usually very easy going and do not micromanage.
Pros
flexible schedule, jeans day
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement in the past few years
The Best Ever
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about John Deere and what John Deere stands for as a global company. I was able to Grow as a leader in the field of leadership and partnership.
Overall Great Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 9, 2017
Typical day started out meeting with shop floor technicians and telling them the day's goals for production and discussing the previous day's quality status. Throughout the day troubleshoot computer and parts issues, assist manufacturing engineers with tooling and issue as required. Assist Quality engineers with part quality issues and deviations if required. Management was fine with differing levels of micro-management, seems like it was going to be good with new leadership. I learned candor is not always appreciated and I learned that not everyone is your friend on the floor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with day-to-day part issues. The best part was working with the people and seeing the completed machines roll off the end ofthe line.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Productive place to work
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIJuly 8, 2017
descent place to work but we don't always get 40 hour work weeks. Some weeks we get more than 40 hours and there are some weeks that we get less than 40 hours.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
not always 40 hours and no dental or vision insurance
Good Place for mid-level and senior level executives.
Product Engineer - Reliability (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IowaJuly 8, 2017
John Deere has a great working culture, especially in the United States. The organization is focused towards talent development. The fellow colleagues are kind and easy to approach.

Perks and benefits are competitive, however not the best in the similar industry. Job security although is very good as compared to similar industries.
Pros
Work life banalnce
Cons
Slow on Innovation
Great company
Staffing Coordinator Adriot (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 7, 2017
Great company to work for. Good management. Good work life balance. Great pay and advancement opportunity. Good working hours. Weekends and holidays off.
not what i expexideed
SALES AND PARTS (Former Employee) –  Whiteford, MDJuly 7, 2017
was not the type of job for me, not a very professional company, did not like working conditions, building was run down. needs to relocate or update there location. training was not professional, just thru you at it ,
great place to work
tool and die welder (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJuly 6, 2017
I welded for tool and die makers every day. I had my own weld shop in the tool and die area.

I learned alot about working with people. I learned alot about following instructions.
Wonderful Place to work
Early Talent Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 6, 2017
Very relaxing and clam place work, each employee that I have came into contact with has been very friendly and nice while being supportive to whatever you are reaching out to them for.
Nice people and international mix.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJuly 4, 2017
Customer support is the main focus. Knowing computers and IT equipment troubleshooting is a given, however having satisfied customers is foremost!Deere is, of course a multinational corporation, however, I want for a contractor, (Cognizant), based at John Deere Thibodaux.
Pros
Very nice people, Free Community coffee!
Not what I expected
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJuly 3, 2017
I answered an ad for forklift driver, was hired, and then was told how much better being an order picker would be. I had to train to be an order picker and then was told there was no guarantee I would get a forklift driver position! I also had to pay union dues, but was told I would get no representation!
John Deere Is Great
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 3, 2017
John Deere was good to me , I enjoyed coming to wokr and wokring with co workers and building tractors. I made good money enough to care for my family.
Pros
everything
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2017
This job offers an opportunity for student that need a flexible schedule. As well as an easy going staff.However, their is some areas that need to review. As in the management team, it is completely inexperienced with no communication skills.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Inexperience Staff
Overworked
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIJune 30, 2017
They tend to hire straight out of college supervisors who like to micromanage their employees, and turnover is very high.
You typically work 10-12hr work days, six days a week.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Upper management turnover, work\life balance, just a number
Ok place to work, with no room for advancement
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 29, 2017
An average workday depends on what department you work in, some are fast and some are slow. A lot of teamwork is involved in most places. Not a lot of room for advancement on the union side. When you have good people to work with it makes the job easier to do. Working here you learn how to fix your own problems often.
Pros
Insurance, pay
Cons
Lack of respect from management
good place to work
Forklift/ Picker/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJune 29, 2017
I worked for john deere for 5 months total and had been hired by a outside staffing agency. They told me I had a 1 year contract but, ended a few months into the job. This is the only negative thing I have to say about the position. Overall it was a good experience. My supervisor was a great guy and helped me whenever needed.
Pros
Sloe work
Cons
short tem assignment
Very laid back culture but still adamant on getting the job done
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 29, 2017
A typical work day is very laid back. You learn a lot of transferable skills. Management is very relaxed but still expect you to get your work done. Workplace culture is very open and diverse depending on which location you work at. The hardest part of the job is finding the right expert on certain skills for software/ programming. Not everyone is an expert at these fields. Most enjoyable part of the job is bonding with co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Hard to find help for certain skills
great assembly experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIJune 29, 2017
My typical day would consist of building anywhere between 30-70 gators. I have learned to a gator is built, how to use power tools, and how to assemble different things. Management is great, if they don't know an answer they are always willing to find out for you. The hardest part of the job was trying to take what I was trained to assemble and learning how to do it differently as I am on the shorter side. I would have to say that learning how to build all the different types of gators and seeing them being assembled from the start of the line to the end was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough time with my family
Great internship experience.
Quality Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 27, 2017
I learned a great deal from my internship with Deere. I felt very valued, even as an intern. The pay was very competitive, and there were many learning opportunities and classes offered to interns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval