John Deere Employee Reviews

Good brand, poor management
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IADecember 9, 2017
I have been working there for over 10 years. I have enjoyed 5. The rest have been filled with harassment and bullying and my management approves of this behavior. I report to HR and my management turns things around on me like it’s a fun game. If you’re a female looking to advance in a company take my advice and run from John Deere. They are great at letting you think you can get somewhere and then making sure you ‘know your place’. I plan on quitting as soon as possible.
Pros
Great brand association
Cons
Management and HR don’t take harassment seriously, settle lots of lawsuits no one hears about, females are NOT allowed to move up in the organization.
extremely employee friendly company
Environmental coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSDecember 4, 2017
Worked for John Deere for 30 years. A well run company with a long successful history. Opportunities for advancement were available to those who were willing to invest the effort.
Great career
Iron Molder (Former Employee) –  Silvis, ILNovember 30, 2017
John Deere was an exceptional place to work. The employees were required to excell in their field of work, but were well compensated.
A typical day consisted of working with iron and machinery. I was required to work with other emploees in order to accomplish daily tasks.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
would still be working there if possible
Great Work Environment
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 28, 2017
Most fun part was test driving the heavy machinery.
Learned all the different types of machinery the company would provide.
Workplace Culture, very friendly and goal oriented.
Great if your salary; not worth it as contract
OIA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 27, 2017
Contract/contingent is awful. Entry level jobs still get posted internally, meaning if you are contract you are fighting the rest of the world to get hired. No benefits as contingent. Terrible pay for the amount of work expected. Contingents are expected to work as hard as salary, despite making over $10 an hour less (generally $30,000 or less) and having absolutely no benefits.
Average Company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 26, 2017
Great company to work for, I have learned a lot in the course of my career at the company. Company needs to create a more divers team inclusion. Management needs to improve on their operator engagement.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 21, 2017
I loved working at john deere the training was food the environment was good if I had a question it got answered right away everybody help everybody out when they could and got the work done as a team
Pros
Good people
Export Auditor
Export Auditor (Current Employee) –  Milan, IL 61264November 18, 2017
I was a contract hire with a 36 month contract. I audited all international orders that required 100% audit. I documented country sources, confirmed correctness of quanities and part numbers. recorded all errors.
Hardest par tof job: standing on your feet 11 hours a day.
Most enjoyable: the fast pace of the department.
excellent work environment, very good company to work for.
Senior designer - Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2017
Very challenging, exciting, and fast pace work environment.
Very good management. Pay is just OK but excellent benefits including year end bonus. Employees are allowed to work very independently. Very good life and work balance.
Pros
Excellent benefits including bonus yearly.
Cons
few big engineering projects
Nice place to work if you like seasonal work
Lawn Tractor Tester (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 16, 2017
Worked in lots of department, learned how to weld, did a little assembly, worked in maintenance, and best was working on the test farm, driving and testing tractors and mowers from other companies. Pay is great for a seasonal worker, get to meet great people. Hours and shifts are appropriate for the pay.
Pros
great pay, great people
Cons
seasonal worker
Productive with friendly coworkers
Product Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 15, 2017
Relaxed environment where managers come by and ask for help with work. Managers are friendly and understanding. They will go out of their way to help you with issues.
Interesting people
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 15, 2017
Opening the business getting prepared for the days events and customers. Getting the people I worked with up to speed from the day before and how we could improve.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Long days many responeabilties
Decent place to work
Senior Drafter (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LANovember 15, 2017
I worked there quite a while back. So my opinions were from 15 years ago. Pay wasn’t that great but it is a local company. Don’t know what they pay now.
Pros
Local place to work
Cons
No comparable pay rates
Horrible...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 15, 2017
Management didn't treat contract employees the same as regular employees often making rude comments. They make the contract employees work 50+ hours with no perks while salary employees are golfing.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
management
Productive and relaxing
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GANovember 14, 2017
Responsible for ensuring all logbooks were maintained according to standard operating procedures. As a top performer and efficient worker I worked on various equipment sets, receiving positive performance reviews and five pay raises.
Pros
nice place to work, clean ect
Cons
No advancement
Excellent company
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silvis, ILNovember 14, 2017
Deere is an excellent company to work for. Anyone who has worked at Deere will say the same thing. Career and skill advancement is individualized for teach employee.
Introducing new technologies and up to market standards
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IANovember 13, 2017
Excellent place to work. Balanced work life. Healthy team environment. Pair programming is a must for efficient productivity.
Ping pong tables for relaxation
Accounting Associate at John Deere
ACCOUTING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 6, 2017
I work for John Deere as a contingent. Work life balance is good but I do not have much growth opportunity. I audit all the expense reports submitted by the employees using our audit tool. Sometimes I do necessary corrections or send the report back to the employee to correct. I have helped extensively to develop the audit tool.
Crib Attendant/Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 4, 2017
Management was fair. Fast paced environment. Health care benefits were great. The pay was good. I was laid off due to downsizing. I would work there again.
Dog eat Dog world
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at John Deere although the pay was minimal. There were a lot of good people working there. We had a very good crew. The boss/owner was not very friendly with employees or customers but we all needed a job so we made it work for as long as we could.
Pros
Good people, wonderful customers
Cons
Boss/owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.