John Deere Employee Reviews

Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Intern, now idea about the company. just worked there for the experience. It seemed like a good place to work at. Was only there for a few months..
productive fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed the cultural environment. There's always something to do and someone is always around willing to help if you ever had a question. Everyone works there with pride for their company.
Pros
easy job
Cons
cubicle all day
Work
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 24, 2017
I moved product on and off semi trailers and around the yard. I would not have left John Deere but the plant closed down in Janesville. It was a good place to work.
Great benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Working for Deere had its perks and disadvantages. The perks, depending on life situations, could definitely outweigh the disadvantages. The disadvantages would be A LOT of time loss with your family because of all the hours worked, career advancement gets a little lost in the system, and management is too wide spread in regards to culture.

Your benefits package is great and a great incentive to any worker.

Overall, it can be a great place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Hours and culture
Loved my job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 16, 2017
It is a very good place to work to have a middle class life style! It is a fast pace environment teaches u a lot of skills and friendly environment and good benefits
It's ok place to work , but no hours are giving .
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 16, 2017
It depends on what depart you work in. But overall it's OK company to work for , if more hour we're giving then I would fell much better working for this Company .
Pros
Paid days off.
Cons
No hours
great plac to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2017
great place to work. Was sent to schools to learn my job. Had a ton of online trainning and the schools I attended had hands on trainning. Never worked over 40 hours.
Great people and great produtcts
Maintenance Planner / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Typical day and culture could be summed up as "accountability"--everyone can make a positive impact to the business. Besides great products, my biggest take away was building customer and supplier relationships. Enjoyable as it was, it was sometimes the most difficult.
Pros
The ability to sometimes flex your work hours
Cons
Day to day work responsibility sometimes made it difficult to take on additional projects
Deere
Welder (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILSeptember 10, 2017
John Deere was overall a great company to work for. It was nice in a way to be able to do the same thing everyday and have a set routine. There are a lot of layoffs which makes it inconsistent work.
Pros
Good insurance and pay
Cons
Layoffs
John Deere take seriouly safety and quality
Machine Operator/ QC (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 10, 2017
One of the best Company to work. John Deere take safety and quality seriously. Mandatory meeting regularly implemented. They values employee cultures and ethnicity
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
stricky on quality
good company
Electronics Commodity Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 8, 2017
good company if you live in the mid-west, good benefits and good work-life balance. not too many opportunities to grow, great leadership and treat their employees fairly
Interesting and Fun Job
Customer Service Rep / Merchant Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 6, 2017
My role as a merchant Services rep was to train and assist current and new merchants on the Merchants Portal, advise current and ongoing programs. I took calls related to program duration, costs and financing. I also traveled to different territories to train new merchants on site.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Cons
I had to leave due to family circumstances.
Great job
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoy working for John Deere. I've been here going on 9 years. The people I work with are nice & I enjoy doing my job. Through the job bidding process there's opportunity to learn something new.
Productive, competitive, and at times stressful
Accounting Associate III/Sr. Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 5, 2017
Typical day would be handling accounts, invoicing customers, and communicating with customers. I learned how to create and process various end of month and end of year accounting reports. There were different managers and on average the management was very supportive. The culture of workplace was professional, busy, and very productive. The hardest part of my job at John Deere working excessive long hours at year end. Most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with and building relationships with John Deere customers and learning new accounting techniques and skills.
Pros
vacations, holidays, benefits, and pay
Cons
Lack of advancement and competiveness
john deere gives individuals the work experience they may never have had before. If an individual can keep up and learn quickly is a great accomplishm
Line Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2017
I worked at John Deere for 3 years and loved the skills I learned. From assembling parts to installing, its a great way to keep in shape! After three years, I was training, inventory, restocking, and enjoying my time there.
Pros
better pay with MAU.
Cons
not sure when you're getting off.
Data Entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 4, 2017
I worked in the research library. My main job was entering data on magazines and books that were received in the research library, and filing of same.
Love working for John Deere
Late configuration technician (Current Employee) –  Benson, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Great company and comfortable. work environment
Lots of opportunities of learning and acquiring skills.
Opportunity to help make improvements to best practices.
good job
Material Handler/Intern (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 1, 2017
good job to work for hire mostly college students unless your an intern you might have a chance. if you have farm experience, or a mechanic more then likely you have a chance
I was very well liked and respected
Tool and Diemaker (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 1, 2017
I worked with outstanding people, would still be there but got laid off and moved to Texas. Am now currently retired. I have been retired for about 2 yrs. now and want to find a part or full time position driving. I am 67 years old, very reliable, honest and personable !
balance place to worn
Product Consultant - The USA (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 31, 2017
It is a great company and i would recommend it to any one with desire to work for a great company. I have spent three years at Deere and I liked it. It is a good school to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.